Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra will never ride again!

She-Ra will never ride again!

I've had my She-Ra figure for a couple of days now, and while I love it to pieces, I just don't see a way that she'll ever be able to fit on a saddle. The Four Horsemen are smart guys though, and I would expect this was an issue they thought of, but what if they were told there wouldn't be a Swift Wind back when they sculpted She-ra? Is there any possible solution? A big ridge in the center of the saddle maybe?
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

On another thread, there is a collector from Italy that used an exacto knife and made slits on the sides of her skirt and now the figure can render wide stances, including sitting on top of Battle Cat.

I don't see why 4H/Mattel can't do this on any future release of the figure. Also, it might look good if they just painted the upper leg behind the skirt to match, so the slits would not be that apparent. I'm sure there are a couple of ways they could correct that problem.

On some other thread and weeks ago, another org'er posted a computer rendering of She-Ra with a skirt that was "tiered", where the center of the skirt was lowest and with each wave of the fabric it got a little shorter, leaving room to create the "wide stance" because of the lack of coverage on the sides of her legs. That was just a rendering, though. To my knowledge, no one has actually cut a skirt like that and tested it.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

What worries me about cutting her skirt on the sides is this:

See how the plastic continues to tear? I was all geared up to try this myself before I saw this image. I wonder if we'll see a She-Ra reissue with some sort of skirt fix, maybe some really malleable plastic. Not that I'd want to buy her again, but it would be such a shame if she couldn't ride Swifty.

Cutting the skirt would appear to be the only possible way that this version of She-Ra could be made to ride any large-scale beast, and clearly that is a risky option.

I don't believe that the 4H sculpted this figure with Swift Wind in mind. It just isn't logical. Even if they put some sort of ridge in the saddle, her legs are stuck so close together that any saddle would have to be very tall and narrow. The result would probably look like she was standing on Swift Wind's back.

If Swift Wind is ever made, my guess is that they will also make a new She-Ra capable of riding him. I can't see any way around it.
    Last edited by Maestro; June 25, 2010 at 07:13pm. Reason: spelling

THIS She-ra is a proper lady, she only rides side saddle
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Or Mattel will kill swifty and have she-ra ride something else or walk

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post
    What worries me about cutting her skirt on the sides is this...See how the plastic continues to tear? I was all geared up to try this myself before I saw this image.
    THAT was exactly my concern (and the reason why I did NOT even attempt this). Sad to see that my concerns appear to be well founded.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I don't believe that the 4H sculpted this figure with Swift Wind in mind. It just isn't logical. Even if they put some sort of ridge in the saddle, her legs are stuck so close together that any saddle would have to be very tall and narrow. The result would probably look like she was standing on Swift Wind's back.
    Matty made its intention to release Swift Wind known before She-ra came out, which means they probably knew even earlier than the announcement. They could have had 4H make changes before it was too late. The whole thing makes me mad. I can't accept that She-ra won't be able to ride Swift Wind. Just think how angry we would have been if He-man couldn't ride Battle Cat!

If they had used cloth for skirts/capes from the start than this wouldn't have been an issue....

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    If they had used cloth for skirts/capes from the start than this wouldn't have been an issue....
    No, if they would have used a softer loin cloth, it wouldn't have been an issue.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No, if they would have used a softer loin cloth, it wouldn't have been an issue.
    Didn't reissue He-man have a softer loin cloth to help him ride Battle Cat? Makes you wonder if Mattel did this on purpose.

I figure Swift Wind will be like Battle Cat with cutout areas to allow She-Ra to sit on the saddle. It'll look ok with her on the saddle, but the saddle will probably look odd with her off of it.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Softer plastic/rubber gets stretched out and can tear easily. Much like the JLU giganta.

When it comes to action figure poseability, cloth will always, IMO, allow for better range of motion.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    I figure Swift Wind will be like Battle Cat with cutout areas to allow She-Ra to sit on the saddle. It'll look ok with her on the saddle, but the saddle will probably look odd with her off of it.
    For this to work, the saddle would either have to be really tall, or Swift wind would have to be really skinny. I think either of those options would look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    Softer plastic/rubber gets stretched out and can tear easily. Much like the JLU giganta.

When it comes to action figure poseability, cloth will always, IMO, allow for better range of motion.
    Well, that's not what is being used in MOTUC. Get used to it. The point is: if they had used a softer loin cloth like they use on all the other male figures and they are now doing with the Teela one-piece, none of this would be an issue.

Didn't reissue He-man have a softer loin cloth to help him ride Battle Cat? Makes you wonder if Mattel did this on purpose.
    Can't help but to wonder if this is indeed the wicked scheme in mind . . .
    Last edited by RockinHard; June 25, 2010 at 08:07pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Well, that's not what is being used in MOTUC. Get used to it....

You can be as rude and dismissive as you want, I will always feel free to post my opinion on a topic, so I suggest you get used to it.

I think they did

It's evil, but it's capitalism... and they know we'll buy her all over again to get the softer plastic.

It makes absolutely NO sense that Evil-Lyn and Adora had the softer plastic and She-Ra doesn't. There are only two reasons this happened: 1) Mattel did it on purpose because they want us to buy the re-release in large numbers, because they saw how much they made on He-Man and his re-releases.... or 2) She-Ra was produced before Evil-Lyn and Adora, and she's just been sitting in a warehouse waiting for a release.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Mattel knew for a fact they were making swifty.

Unless they have something planned that makes her able to ride on him somehow...

Then yes...there is a really good chance they did it on purpose to sell more She-ra's in a rerelease down the road. Which is very uncool.
    Last edited by davidlogan; June 25, 2010 at 11:28pm.

I will crack up if Swift Wind has extra She-Ra legs that attach to the saddle. She-Ra could then fit into the back via a spring-loaded hinge, similar to the old 1980s Tauntaun from Star Wars.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think they did

It's evil, but it's capitalism... and they know we'll buy her all over again to get the softer plastic.

It makes absolutely NO sense that Evil-Lyn and Adora had the softer plastic and She-Ra doesn't. There are only two reasons this happened: 1) Mattel did it on purpose because they want us to buy the re-release in large numbers, because they saw how much they made on He-Man and his re-releases.... or 2) She-Ra was produced before Evil-Lyn and Adora, and she's just been sitting in a warehouse waiting for a release.
    Even though I have NO interest in She-Ra or Swift Wind, I hope this is not the case, though it could be . . .

Surely there was enough time for Mattel to request the skirt to be made of a softer plastic. Remember when ToyGuru had them add the two tones to her power sword? That wasn't too long ago. Did we know about Swifty back then?

AAAH! So, then, that's a big fat NO to cutting her skirt on our own!

I think the capes, if they had been designed in fabric, would have looked really good, and characters could even sit without having to get undressed! But, She-Ra's skirt being fabric? I doubt it would have looked good, with the rest of the outfit being molded on. Kinda reminds me of that 80's toyline from The Ghostbusters, and they made the secretary (Jeannine?) with a cloth skirt on all all plastic figure. Google it to see how THAT turned out!

Fabric in the MOTUC is a moot point; it ain't gonna happen. At least the capes look cool the way they are molded!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

If you are going to cut it, you could take a nail or some other decent sized round metal object and heat it. If you are careful and make a hole on each side without hitting the leg, you can cut down from that hole and it will not split. The split happens because when you cut without having a place to keep the tear from keeping on going, it will just travel on. Bascially this:

O
    |
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Maybe Swift Wind will come with another She-Ra. Could be a slight variant, just come with one head, gray Adora sword and a flexible or soft skirt so she can ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Maybe Swift Wind will come with another She-Ra. Could be a slight variant, just come with one head, gray Adora sword and a flexible or soft skirt so she can ride.
    Or it could be Starburst She-Ra, or even Bubble Power She-Ra! It remains to be seen how different her next release will be, but I bet we don't see Swift Wind until they make another She-Ra.