Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC She-ra compare to her other versions?

How does MOTUC She-ra compare to her other versions?

It's that time again! Whether you prefer the vintage or 200X with their hair to comb, the unique look of the Toothbrush She-ra, or the articulation of the MOTUC one, who is your favorite?

I have a bigger picture in my collection photos under my profile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Awesome She-ra collection... Classics She-ra looks hot whats that smallest one in your photo? I've never seen that before.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPjas View Post
    Awesome She-ra collection... Classics She-ra looks hot whats that smallest one in your photo? I've never seen that before.
    yeah!! what IS that!!?!?

It's like a She-Ra GI JOE figure!

As for my favorite, it's a tie between MOTUC She-Ra and vinage Starburst She-Ra.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    If I had to rank my top 3 picks it would go:

1. MOTUC She-Ra
    2. Vintage She-Ra
    3. Vintage Star Burst She-ra

The worst one: 200x She-Ra (glad I got one and she's okay but next to the others she isn't anywhere near their league, the styling is just really off)
    Good trades with: Cammor

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPjas View Post
    I got her off of EBAY 4 years ago. She came packaged with a mini He-man and a placemat with Snake Mountain in a jungle scene on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    yeah!! what IS that!!?!?

It's like a She-Ra GI JOE figure!

As for my favorite, it's a tie between MOTUC She-Ra and vinage Starburst She-Ra.
    I know! Just what I thought! I was like what is that?! and I agree withyour favourites...same for me!

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I got her off of EBAY 4 years ago. She came packaged with a mini He-man and a placemat with Snake Mountain in a jungle scene on it.
    How cool! I want one lol.

Your collection looks great though.
    Last edited by PaulPjas; June 26, 2010 at 09:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Look at the belt on that one in the back by the pink building, or whatever it is. See how her belt dips in a low "v"? And the belt's narrower? I like that.

But 200x is my fave, except for the doll hair. I hate rooted hair. I cut Zanzibar's topknot off back in the GI Joe days!

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Look at the belt on that one in the back by the pink building, or whatever it is. See how her belt dips in a low "v"? And the belt's narrower? I like that.

But 200x is my fave, except for the doll hair. I hate rooted hair. I cut Zanzibar's topknot off back in the GI Joe days!
    The one in the back is the She-ra that comes with the toothbrush castle she is on. Unlike the He-man figure that came with his toothbrush holder that looks like he came from the same 80's basic mold, the She-ra toothbrush figure is a unique sculpt of her own.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think MOTUC She-Ra's skirt should have been like the toothbrush holder's.

Anyway, I think the best She-Ra is Bubble Power She-Ra. She looks regal and like a warrior because of her armour and her Wonder Woman/Xena-like sharp, pointed skirt. She also looks beautiful and retains her femininity while still looking powerful and a force to recon with:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think MOTUC She-Ra's skirt should have been like the toothbrush holder's.

Anyway, I think the best She-Ra is Bubble Power She-Ra. She looks regal and like a warrior because of her armour and her Wonder Woman/Xena-like sharp, pointed skirt. She also looks beautiful and retains her femininity while still looking powerful and a force to recon with:
    I still have to find Bubble Power She-ra. You're lucky to have her.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I still have to find Bubble Power She-ra. You're lucky to have her.
    Thanks. I was really lucky to get her. I got the figure in a random lot of She-Ra figures, and her clothes in two separate lots. I actually have two other extra outfits, but still only one BP She-Ra. I really need to post all the stuff I have for sale and trade again.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Really awesome collection Joseephus!
    I like the MOTUC She-Ra the best, and from the vintage line Starburst She-Ra looks best.
    I always liked the 200X She-Ra, but for some reason she looks like the worst figure of all in the comparison :S

MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Is it possible to see a side view of the sword that the "toothbrush holder" She-Ra is holding? Curious to see what that looks like.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 28, 2010 at 09:22am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Is it possible to see a side view of the sword that the "toothbrush holder" She-Ra is holding? Curious to see what that looks like.
    Here is the picture of the "Toothbrush holder" She-ra sword. It definitely looks better than that horrible vintage 80's sword. I also included a close up of a head comparison shot of the She-ra's. I never realized how bad the head sculpt of the 200X She-ra was until now. I even prefer the cute basic look of the 80's face over the 200X one.

Attached Images Attached Images

Great photo's!!
    200X She-Ra will alway be my fave. I LOVE her sword!
    I really hope we get a silver 200X She-Ra sword in a future weapons pak.
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Treat your customers with respect, NO MORE PAINTED BLACK PLASTIC MATTEL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Great photo's!!
    200X She-Ra will alway be my fave. I LOVE her sword!
    I really hope we get a silver 200X She-Ra sword in a future weapons pak.
    A 200X silver sword would be great!

Haha, wow the 200X version is so awful looking. Talk about not aging well. Some of those figures are just awful looking back on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Haha, wow the 200X version is so awful looking. Talk about not aging well. Some of those figures are just awful looking back on them.
    Yeah it looks like a cross-dresser. LOL

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I forgot how ugly the headdresses were on the originals. They are so huge and bulky that they really detract from what is supposed to be She-Ra's beauty. Not to mention the body armor looks nothing like the way she is supposed to look.

My top 3 favorites would be:

Classics
    2002 version (although this version always looked like a valkyrie to me instead of She-Ra)
    The one in the middle that does not look like it moves
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Not to rain on anyone parade and I know there are tons of She-Ra fans out there, but am I the only one who thinks the look on the MOTUC She-Ra face looks like a blow up doll?

She has a "Derrrrrp..." look on her face.
    Ehhh! Where's my beer!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozor View Post
    Not to rain on anyone parade and I know there are tons of She-Ra fans out there, but am I the only one who thinks the look on the MOTUC She-Ra face looks like a blow up doll?

I'll have to take your word for it. I've been fortunate enough in life to never need a blow up doll.

It's interesting to see that the toothbrush holder had details sculpted onto her bracelet. It looks like they repeated the symbol on her costume on the bracelets.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I used to really want the 200x She-ra but since the classics one, thats just blown out of the water for me.

Oh and I too think 200x version looks like a crossdresser lol but im glad someone else said it first hehe.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, "favorite" is to strong of a word for me when it comes to She-Ra but to me the incarnation in the MOTUC version.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Boozor View Post

I don't know about that. She looks like MOTUC Adora to me. Some of those older She-Ra figures look more like blow up dolls like those ones in the background in the picture in the original post.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!