Thread: Jack the Giant Killer Official Thread

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

Jack the Giant Killer Official Thread

I love the original with the same name. Corny and classic. obviously this one is more connected to the original lore and stories, so there are not many similarities it seems, but I am looking forward to this!!!

The trailer looks cool enough.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Is it a remake of the original?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh graet, so now they are just going to turn every fairy tale into a Twilight-esque movie. Wonderful, just absolutely wonderful. First Snow White, now Jack and the Bean Stalk. I cannot wait to see the over angsty teen drama of Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Jack the Giant Killer wasn't the same story as Jack and the Beanstalk though, so it looks like they've combined them (wonder if the Valiant Little Tailor will get in there too). I don't know how I feel about this now that I see it's so far removed from the Kerwin Mathews film. This however doesn't look to have very much in common with that, at least not with a big beanstalk in the middle of it. I kind of liked the idea of someone remaking that actually, but this looks more like a TV miniseries that's only missing it's "all-star" ensemble cast. Jack sure doesn't look like he lives in a word that doesn't have readily available hair care products either (and by that I mean combs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh graet, so now they are just going to turn every fairy tale into a Twilight-esque movie. Wonderful, just absolutely wonderful. First Snow White, now Jack and the Bean Stalk. I cannot wait to see the over angsty teen drama of Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater.
    I think it was Tim Burton's Alice and Wonderland that got this ball rolling though, as Twilight wasn't a traditional fairy tale and this doesn't resemble it much either aside from having a young protagonist--which I refuse to say makes something like Twilight.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 31, 2011 at 02:21pm.

I was looking forward to this film, but the trailer just makes it look very bland and generic. Also, the design of the giant seems very uninspired. I’m hoping there are loads of different kinds of giants, like in the original film.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I don't think this movie even came out in the UK after all?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    The movie got pushed back to next year but the new preview was an improvement.

yeah, this is my first time seeing the old trailer, the first trailer i saw was at the head of the hobbit and I loved it, I'm wary because Bryan Singer has disappointed me a lot. X2 was his best film and I have issues with it (though i liked it quite a bit particularly because of Nightcrawler.) but from the trailer that I saw this looked like tonnes of fun, the old trailer was pretty blah though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure