Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lou scheimer: Creating the filmation generation

So is Fall 2012 the expected release for this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    So is Fall 2012 the expected release for this book?
    I've read the manuscript, and it's pretty much been signed off - I believe a Fall 2012 release is HIGHLY possible!

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to buy a copy.

Wow, this kind of fell off my radar. Good to hear it might be coming out finally.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Master of DVD Documentaries Andy Mangels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    I've read the manuscript, and it's pretty much been signed off - I believe a Fall 2012 release is HIGHLY possible!
    I haven't seen the solicit from the publisher, but the book is supposed to be resolicited for September. It will have more pages than originally solicited. There is talk of a digital edition with color at some point.

The editor is doing final edits now. I have a few additions to make it up-to-date. Layout has started.

The book has been proofed by a number of highly-placed Filmation people. Emiliano even said he learned things about MOTU he didn't know!

Lou will be appearing for his final convention appearance at Comic-Con 2012, to promote the book and sign for fans...

Thursday, 7/12/12
    11:00-12:00 Filmation and Lou Scheimer: Celebrating a Generation of Animation and TV Heroes — One of the most successful and groundbreaking television animation studios was Filmation, whose productions shaped Saturday mornings and daytime syndication from the 1960s to the 1980s. From Superman, Batman, and Aquaman to The Archies, from Fat Albert and the Groovie Goolies to the live-action Shazam! and Isis series, up to the groundbreaking He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, She-Ra Princess of Power, Ghostbusters, and Bravestarr, Filmation created the shows that entertained and educated a generation. Making his final convention appearance will be Filmation founder Lou Scheimer, who will reminisce about nearly thirty years of animation magic. Appearing with him will be author and animator Darrell McNeil (Hero High, Shazam, Tarzan and the Super 7) director, writer, and animator Tom Tataranowicz (He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr), and other special guests. Best-selling author and documentary director Andy Mangels will moderate this celebration of the studio that saved American animation in the 1970s and 1980s… and show exclusive clips of never-before-seen Filmation footage! Plus, you can get a sneak peek at the September 2012 book release from TwoMorrows, Lou Scheimer: Creating the Filmation Generation, co-written by Scheimer and Mangels! Room 22ABC
    Categories: Comic-Con Special Guest Spotlights & Appearances | Comics | Animation | Television | Superheroes
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com
    visit my site to see lots of cool He-Man, She-Ra, and Filmation DVD goodies!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mangels View Post
    I haven't seen the solicit from the publisher, but the book is supposed to be resolicited for September. It will have more pages than originally solicited. There is talk of a digital edition with color at some point.

The editor is doing final edits now. I have a few additions to make it up-to-date. Layout has started.

The book has been proofed by a number of highly-placed Filmation people.
    Most awesome -- cannot wait to read!

See you at the panel, I was so happy when I saw that on the schedule today.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    Yay! I am so putting it on my Christmas list or I'll buy it for myself (now I have this, plus the Ward Kimball bio to look forward to).

I can't wait for the Thursday panel at SDCC!

Dang! I am sooooo not a person who cares about celebrities, pictures with them, or their autographs, but Lou Scheimer is one of a handful of people I'd have liked to meet. Too bad that will never happen.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    My plane is scheduled to arrive Thursday at 11:00 am. I am SO bummed that I'm going to miss this. This probably would have been the absolute best thing at all of SDCC, and I'm going to miss it.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Dang! I am sooooo not a person who cares about celebrities, pictures with them, or their autographs, but Lou Scheimer is one of a handful of people I'd have liked to meet. Too bad that will never happen.
    Yeah, it would be cool to meet him. It's sad that this will be his final convention appearance, but he is 83 years old, so I can understand it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'm sad to see this is his final convention, so I'll probably never met him, but I'm happy that this book looks to be finally coming out.

Putting final proofing touches on the layout - the book is supposed to go to the printer on Monday!
    Release date is October 24th!
    If you are one of the first 100 people who order through the TwoMorrows.com, you get a special bookplate signed by both Lou and I!
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com

Heroic Warrior
    Is the book going to be available at amazon.com?

It will be very shortly!

Here's are some of the EARLY layout pages - these will change some in final, and SOME of the MOTU pages will be in COLOR in the printed version...
    CLICK FOR LARGER

filmationgenerationearl.jpg
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mangels View Post
    Putting final proofing touches on the layout - the book is supposed to go to the printer on Monday!
    Release date is October 24th!
    If you are one of the first 100 people who order through the TwoMorrows.com, you get a special bookplate signed by both Lou and I!
    Can these be personlised with your name e.g. To [name here] You have the Power! [Author] or the like? Order my copy anyways Andy fyi. Happy to finally see this as a reality as you were talking about this back in 2007/2008.
    Last edited by Sorceress; September 22, 2012 at 06:49am.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Not from the publisher, but you can forward to me in the mail and I'll do it. It isn't likely that Lou will be personalizing anything, unfortunately, but his signature will be there
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    About time!!!
    Lou Schiemer should have a Classics figure likeness made in his honour
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Book is off to the printer today - will be released October 24th! Book is off to the printer today - will be released October 24th! Go to twomorrows.com to download a 65-page full-color preview!
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Wow, Lou Scheimer's dad sounds awesome.

Are the autographed copies still available?

Put my order in last night. I wanted it anyway, but the preview swung me totally. The text clearly shows Lou was involved at just about every stage and really cared for what he was producing...
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

As of Wednesday afternoon there were still 20 unclaimed autographed copies - I don't know whether there are any left or not.
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com

Well that means I'm getting one signed by lou...I'm so happy right now! :0)
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Ordered Thursday, so I'm hoping I squeezed in with a signed copy but I won't lose any sleep over it if I didn't. The book itself looks like it'll be reward enough!