Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Niki's POP/MOTU Fan Art Thread

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I like you drawing but I honestly don't remember this lady. Which faction does she belong to exactly?
    Thank you and most of us do not remember her. I think itīs because she is just a miss colored Celice

Quote Originally Posted by Red Norvell View Post
    She is one of the good. You can find more about Princess Nami here.
    http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...1&objectid=586
    Thanks for providing the link!

Iīm rewatching Star Trek Voyager again and i always amazed how amazing Jeri Ryan looks as Seven of Nine.

But since we do not have something similar in the MOTU/POP universe i decided iīm creating my own cosmic enforcer inspired by Seven of Nine:

Nikis female Cosmic Enforcer

Itīs easy to see who she is based on.

I decided to make her more MOTU by giving her a combination of orange and green skin these two colors are very MOTU to me(Man-At-Arms, Battlecat, Mer-man, Wind-Raider, Queen Marlena…) even tough iīm not the biggest fan of them.

I know Zodak is flying around in his chair but like the Borgs she doesīt like to sit and so she is flying around on her own created flying disc and why not
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Translucent Talent Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    She's quite cool, I like her!
    Secret Guardian & Spirit Guide

Visit my artworks gallery: http://queengrayskull.deviantart.com
    and my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/queengrayskull

My personal blog: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguardian
    Besides: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguide

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Grayskull View Post
    She's quite cool, I like her!
    Thank you. I really enjoyed creating her

In the last few days i had time to go into the new POP informations we got t6hanks to the Sanders brothers. I love the aspect of new characters.

One who caught my attention in particular was Spidra. A new villainess with a super simply name but great connections and even a planned action feature.

There is no picture of her just some descriptions that she should be colored in reds and blacks.

Here is my version of

Spidra

The informations said she should have come with an action feature similar to Webstor and her outfit was designed to look as if she had extra legs.

Since iīm really into MOTUC so i kept her more in that style and possibilities. Mantenna finally was made with four separate legs and so i thought why not use that for her and Procrustus has four arms okay, letīs do that as well and voila two pair of arms and two pair of legs fitting for a human/arachnoid.

Her outfit is nothing more than Double Troubles original outfit. Similar to Netossa who basically had Peekablues outfit underneath all that fabric. The harness is very simply but just like Webstors harness itīs more sturdy to make the feature possible.

I struggled with her hair a bit but again i kept it very much Double Trouble like with some added bows to give her some girlieness

I gave her pointy ears because…well just because and at first i wanted to give her extra eyes but to be honest i gave her more monstrous features than any other POP character so i thought i should keep her at least as pretty as possible.

The headdress was fun, itīs very costumy but it fits the character if you ask me.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Nice work, Niki.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Really like colors on your latest my friend!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.31.17!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Translucent Talent Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I like Spidra, and to me, she looks like the pale-skinned counterpart to Webarella Wydowna Spider from Mattel's Monster High series:

Secret Guardian & Spirit Guide

Visit my artworks gallery: http://queengrayskull.deviantart.com
    and my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/queengrayskull

My personal blog: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguardian
    Besides: http://www.facebook.com/grayskullguide

Court Magician
    This Spidra is so brilliantly executed: great approach, and a great way to merge the MotU and Pop toy styles.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Nice work, Niki.
    Thank you, i really had fun creating her.

Those new POP informations are bringing such excitement to my life. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Really like colors on your latest my friend!
    Thank you, it was fun imagining her and the colors came very natural to me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Grayskull View Post
    I like Spidra, and to me, she looks like the pale-skinned counterpart to Webarella Wydowna Spider from Mattel's Monster High series:
    I donīt know the Monsters High characters, never really looked at any of them.

The color scheme was given by Mattel, it said she was mostly red and black so i went with that and the hair ended up green because i suits her

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdGr1ml0ck View Post
    This Spidra is so brilliantly executed: great approach, and a great way to merge the MotU and Pop toy styles.
    Thank you, it was fun combining MOTUC with POP but still keeping her original as possible!

Beside Spidra the other character we heard the most about was Volcania and her red hair. Her lover should come with thigh high boots and so i thought so does she and this is my version of

VOLCANIA

Flames are red/orange and Lava is red and turns grey once itīs cold.

So this was my color scheme orange/red/grey.

Her outfit has almost the shape of a volcano and her hair is styled like an eruption with one strain of hair running down like lava.
    Her teint has a more redis tone, to give her a more exotic look.

Basically her outfit is based on Castaspellas original outfit but instead of bolts itīs supposed to be flames running up and down her outfit. There were many different ways the POP figures had fabric outfits but that dress/cape combination has never been used before.

Nice art, Niki. Thanks for sharing it!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nankeiro View Post
    Nice art, Niki. Thanks for sharing it!
    Thank you, i just saw that i haven't posted in here for almost 10months...

Wow... iīm bad.

But i have to admit i still like that picture and remember it very well. The character is so much fun.

Anyway.

I have drawn something else this time, something i wanted to draw for quite some time and her they are my new favorite couple:

The Show(off)girl and the Actor

I think i have done things we have never seen before.

Her showing from behind and him without his helmet. At least i have never seen any of these things and so said why not give it a shot!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Love this so much!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I love this rendition of Man-E-Faces and Peekablue! They look like a glamorous couple posing for a painting. Their position in the drawing is really interesting.

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen this two together and I'm really hoping you'll tackle other never-seen-before couples (like Clamp Champ and Flutterina for example).
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Love this so much!
    Thank you, it was fun drawing them together as a couple! Iīm glad you like it!

I love this rendition of Man-E-Faces and Peekablue! They look like a glamorous couple posing for a painting. Their position in the drawing is really interesting.

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen this two together and I'm really hoping you'll tackle other never-seen-before couples (like Clamp Champ and Flutterina for example).
    I wanted to draw her from behind to show her feathers relaxed hanging down and Man-E-Faces without his helmet so i had to find a pose where both would be seen but i wanted them to connect as well

I donīt think there are pictures with them together, i havenīt seen one myself.

Thatīs true Clamp Champ and Flutterina as a pair... you are right i should try to come up with a picture for those two as well!

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdGr1ml0ck View Post
    Great work with the helmet-less Man-e-Faces!
    Thank you.
    I did some research and i couldīt find Man-E-Faces without his helmet any where, i thought i had seen it before but i couldīt find it...
    Anyway, since he is an actor so his looks are important i thought he should have a more dramatic hair style and since there are people with green skin, blue skin, white hair or pink hair on Eternia why not natural purple locks

Totally Dyslexic
    And since you asked for it here is the promised picture of Flutterina and Clamp Champ:

I think they are an odd couple but somehow it works.

He is one of the strongest and fasted warrior while is one of the smallest but dedicated warrior.

I would have never paired them but as in real life we never know when loves hit and especially not where and why.

But drawing them together was fun. His bigness and her tininess plus his gentle face and her giant wings, all that put together was a challenge but a fun one.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I agree. I would never have paired them either but I like the fact that unpredictable couples appeared at some point in the MOTU mythos.

Well done job anyway. They look really cute!
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Totally Dyslexic
    I agree. I would never have paired them either but I like the fact that unpredictable couples appeared at some point in the MOTU mythos.

Well done job anyway. They look really cute!
    Thank you, i had fun posing them and their height difference and her huge wings are always a challenge!