Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue and DoubleTrouble Sketches

Gorgeous colors on Frosta!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Great work, Niki! Scorpia and Peekablue, my two favourite characters, look ace! I'd love to see your take on Octavia.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Whoah, don't stop now!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Great work, Niki! Scorpia and Peekablue, my two favourite characters, look ace! I'd love to see your take on Octavia.
    Here you go!

It took me a while but iīm learning how to color them properly, iīm still missing shades but that will come. One thing after the other!

For Octavia:

I took her, well, Filmation look...what else but brought her to the 90-ties you can say.

BAYWATCH watch out!!!!

Kept the bathing suit style she all ready had but made her more athletic in general. I even gave her a new weapon, i know she is famous for her four swords but i thought a spear/harpoon oriented weapon is more fish like and more ironical.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niki; August 28, 2010 at 03:34pm.

Love the top - and that weapon, especially!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Octavia is awesome!

Love your take on her.

Do Entrapta next!

- Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Love the top - and that weapon, especially!
    Thank you, i tought, with the one piece bathing suit from the Filmation outfit her tentacles wouldnīt be possible or there would be an extra whole in the back. but that doesnīt sound logical....i know itīs animation donīt ask for logic....but i do. so i thought with more shown skin anyway it makes more sense.

The weapon was actually one of the few iīve ever designed. So iīm really happy you like it

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Octavia is awesome!

Love your take on her.

Do Entrapta next!
    Thanks, actually it was fun redesigning her (iīm on a Shadow weaver right now and i have to say...thatīs much more challenging than i thought...).

Entrapta....letīs see if i can do that
    Last edited by Niki; August 24, 2010 at 05:50pm.

Thanks for honoring my request Niki - Octavia looks great! Positively scary!

You are a talented artist - keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Octavia is awesome!

Love your take on her.

Do Entrapta next!
    Your wish was my command!

This time i went a bit further, again i took the action figure as my reference but i got rid of the skirt as it makes no sense to me.

I wanted her to be more sensual so i went with the catsuit and as i was looking trhough the internet, she even had the gold suit but her crotch was purple....donīt ask me why and iīm not sure if it has been on every figure but the ones i found without the skirt had it...voila.

Her hair gave me some extra work and the coloring was tricky, as her colors are very bright but in the end it worked out fine, i think.
    Last edited by Niki; August 30, 2010 at 10:29am.

LOVE your take on Entrapta! Especially mixing the gold textures - shiny gold, versus non-shiny gold. BRILLIANT!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

LOVE your take on Entrapta! Especially mixing the gold textures - shiny gold, versus non-shiny gold. BRILLIANT!
    Thank you, iīm still in a learning process but having a blast actually.

I had a lot of different versions for her and iīm really happy the way she turned out in the end

Right now iīm working on Shadow Weaver.....letīs see, she is giving me a hard time...
    Last edited by Niki; August 30, 2010 at 01:19pm.

Shadow Weaver

As i said, i was working on Shadow Weaver and she really gave me a hard time, maybe her attitude swapped over.....who knows?!?!?

As she is a Filmation only character, i could only use her Filmation look and as such, she isnīt very detailed and iīve seen some other Artists taken her more into the 200X style, which looks awesome but to military for me.

In my opinion she isnīt a warrior, she is a mystic being and should look more mystical and dangerous.

At first i also wanted to give her a weapon but than i realized ??what for?? she is a living weapon.

I think your Shadow Weaver is AMAZING. Though she did have a wand in one episode of the show...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

I think your Shadow Weaver is AMAZING. Though she did have a wand in one episode of the show...
    Really? I saw most of the episodes and even have some on dvd but this one i simply donīt have or canīt remember....

oh and thank you

Flutterina

Yes, i did the most unlikley thing and did a Flutterina, i know a lot of people...not to use the word guys....donīt like her for more or less obvious reasons

BUT

...if you think strategical, she is a wild card at least the way i see her.

Again i took the action figure as reference but to be honest her Filmation look wasnīt that diffrent but extremly bland and boring for me should look harmless not useless!
    Whatīs exciting about her are the wings and her hair, so i focused on them to make them special.

I even looked up real butterfly wings to see how the look and believe me the figures wings are so far away from real butterfly wings as they can be....i guess a real five year old girl had drawn them and they just took her drawing for the design....

But than i thought about a weapon, what weapon would make sense and than it hit. She came with her weapons.

The hook is perfect as she can use it from a far, to hit others or take away their weapons, i even made it double bladed so she could use it as a battle axe and or slize up things when thrown like a laso. On the other end of the rope the same but this time only one blade, more like knife.

So she can stay airborn and is able to attack but noone can reach her.

Seahawk

Adoras Boyfriend.

I loved that fact that he is more interessted in Adora than She-Ra, as i always thought in Filmation, the only man She-Ra really needed was her twinbrother and if...one day....Adora tells Seahawk she actually is She-Ra, i guess he wouldnīt care.

I tried to stick to his design but i changed the Speedos. I know he is a sailor and there for Speedos could be handy but Speedos on top of leggins...not really comfortable, if you ask me.

I even gave him redhaired eyebrows, i never got why all the men in Filmation had black eyebrows, even super blonde Adam...?

And i took away his scarf but put it on his left boot, as a eyecatcher plus he is wearing the necklace underneath the shirt.
    Last edited by Niki; September 5, 2010 at 01:27pm.

LOVE Seahawk! And I love that you have him wearing the necklace, even if it's underneath his shirt. Wonderful job!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Thank you drawing Sea Hawk was more fun than i thought it would be, i read somewhere you like Perfuma?

Why didnīt you say that, maybe i can come up with something for her!?

Oh yes! Perfuma is my #2 fave POP, and Netossa is #1. I just don't like to get all demand-y. I didn't want to request you to draw anyone that you didn't feel like drawing. I love what you're doing so far.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Oh yes! Perfuma is my #2 fave POP, and Netossa is #1. I just don't like to get all demand-y. I didn't want to request you to draw anyone that you didn't feel like drawing. I love what you're doing so far.
    Sorry, it took me really long to come up with a decent redesign for PERFUMA. She was one of the designs, i loved as a figure and hated in Filmation, iīm so no Hippie....

I wanted her to be fairylike as she was as action figure but still could be a threat, so i thought her dress could turn into tendrils which could extend and crap her opponents so they canīt get escape or hurt her while she could open up her flower and spreads her sleeping fragrance.

Great work Niki. I like your Doubletrouble and Shadow weaver the most.
    My Deviant Art Gallery

Open for Commissions.

If you take the best writer in the world, and the best artist in the world, the art they would make together, will be a comicbook.

Perfuma is absolutely lovely! I actually loved both the action figure and the Filmation version - but probably the Filmation version just a little bit more.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Perfuma is absolutely lovely! I actually loved both the action figure and the Filmation version - but probably the Filmation version just a little bit more.
    Thank you, i hope you are not to disappointed that she hasnīt any Filmation references but while i was looking into her, she really grew on to me and i rememberd when i got her and how happy she made me back than!

Oh, Thanks much!

Entrapta's amazing!

Love your take on Weaver, Flutterina and Perfuma as well. Sea Hawk looks awesome.

- Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
    Great work Niki. I like your Doubletrouble and Shadow weaver the most.
    Thank you very much. Actually i was intimidated when i saw your Delora Picture, itīs a great piece of art, you really know how to draw with the computer!!!!!

Looking forward to your next work on different characters!

Oh, Thanks much!

Entrapta's amazing!

Love your take on Weaver, Flutterina and Perfuma as well. Sea Hawk looks awesome.
    Iīm glad you like Entrapta and iīm happy you like the others as well, iīm really having fun playing around with all of this great characters!