Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 259

Thread: Niki's POP/MOTU Fan Art Thread

  1. #51
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Thank you, i hope you are not to disappointed that she hasnīt any Filmation references but while i was looking into her, she really grew on to me and i rememberd when i got her and how happy she made me back than!
    Not at all. This thread is about *YOUR* vision, not mine. I'm happy seeing you depict these characters the way you like them. If I want to see them they way I want, I can draw them for myself. This is all about *YOU*!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  2. #52
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    I am learning how to draw on the computer and i found a quick Adora sketch i did and i chose her to be my learning by doing help and thatīs what came out of it:




    Took me quite some time to finish that picture but iīm fine with it (for now), itīs a start.
    Last edited by Niki; September 25, 2014 at 05:55pm.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior radrcks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I am learning how to draw on the computer and i found a quick Adora sketch i did and i chose her to be my learning by doing help and thatīs what came out of it:

    Took me quite some time you do that picture but iīm fine with it for now, itīs a start.
    You have far more courage than I, my friend. I've never tried to draw with the computer. But for your first try I'd say this is really good, keep it up man.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

  4. #54
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,170
    Your Adora is lovely! I love the hairstyle that you gave her.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  5. #55
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    You have far more courage than I, my friend. I've never tried to draw with the computer. But for your first try I'd say this is really good, keep it up man.
    Well, i looked at Gbagok pictures and i realized his stuff is so clean it must been done with the help of computers and it really took some courage but iīm sitting here and every day iīm learning new stuff.

    And thanks, iīll keep it up and please try it for yourself, itīs fun!


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Your Adora is lovely! I love the hairstyle that you gave her.
    Thank you and when it comes to her hair, that was the only thing i really never liked and so i tried to keep it as close as possible but make it practical as well

  6. #56
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852


    As promised here is my idea of Castaspella.

    I really had troubles posing that one. in the end and with some advises i managed to get her right.

    I always liked her action figure but the wheel on her back was weird to me, i figured itīs meant as a spell projection and not an actual wheel so i went that road and just gave the picture a wheel idea

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Caedus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    98
    whoa epic. her hair and costume especially are just fantastic.
    My Deviant Art Gallery

    Open for Commissions.

    If you take the best writer in the world, and the best artist in the world, the art they would make together, will be a comicbook.

  8. #58
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,170
    I love how you incorporated the duo-yellow tones from the action figure along with the blue from the blue and yellow version. BRAVO!!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  9. #59
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I love how you incorporated the duo-yellow tones from the action figure along with the blue from the blue and yellow version. BRAVO!!!!!
    Thank you, i simply couldnīt decide if i should stick to the action figure or go the Filmation way and than i realized i donīt have to and i can do what i think itīs best for her

    Iīm glad iīm not the only one who likes that idea!!!!

    Thank you!

  10. #60
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,170
    I'm loving the creativity you're displaying in this thread.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  11. #61
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,329
    This thread is all kinds of cool - what is it about PoP that makes them so fun to draw/redesign?

    I am absolutely in love with the weapon you gave Flutterina - really nicely done!

  12. #62
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    This thread is all kinds of cool - what is it about PoP that makes them so fun to draw/redesign?

    I am absolutely in love with the weapon you gave Flutterina - really nicely done!
    Actually itīs hard to tell, i guess, itīs their potential but as toys they are to doll like and in filmation their lack of sexyness and mystery, is whatīs bothers me the most. so i try to make them as much women like as i see is necessary and i seem them as real fighters for freedom and that why they are still stylish but it needs to be practical as well(..iīm working on a Netossa sketch, thatīs another challenge right now...)

    I liked some of the minicomic ideas and creations and thatīs a big inspiration to me.
    I hope i could answer your question in some way

    Thanks, Flutterina is great a example for never really used potential. And as i said, the hook is allready there so why not take it and play with this creation and give it some real use. That goes for the hook as for her as a character too At least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Niki; November 9, 2010 at 06:34pm.

  13. #63
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Actually itīs hard to tell, i guess, itīs their potential but as toys they are to doll like and in filmation their lack of sexyness and mystery, is whatīs bothers me the most. so i try to make them as much women like as i see is necessary and i seem them as real fighters for freedom and that why they are still stylish but it needs to be practical as well(..iīm working on a Netossa sketch, thatīs another challenge right now...)

    I liked some of the minicomic ideas and creations and thatīs a big inspiration to me.
    I hope i could answer your question in some way

    Thanks, Flutterina is great a example for never really used potential. And as i said, the hook is allready there so why not take it and play with this creation and give it some real use. That goes for the hook as for her as a character too At least in my opinion.
    Sorry - that was actually meant as a rhetorical question, but thanks for the answer!

    I actually completely agree - it's great fun to take the elements you like from each design (cartoon/toy/minicomic) and incorporate them into a single vision that's both feminine and formidable.

  14. #64
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,170
    I can't WAIT to see your Netossa!!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  15. #65
    The Great Eternal! GrtEternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Posts
    9,524
    Well, your Casta is definitely a WOW!

    Love how you're able to merge both versions, the gold and orange and blue and yellow, together! Fantastic!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

    *****************************

    "Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

    *****************************

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

  16. #66
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I can't WAIT to see your Netossa!!!!!
    Well.

    Here she goes:






    I guess i changed her quite a bit from both the Filmation and her Toy Version.

    For me she needs to be physical, so all this fabric and skirts and extra netpieces, headpieces and what so ever would be in the way while running, throughing yourself on the floor, chasing stuff and chatching people or monsters.

    First i wanted to give her more like an armor but than the running and chasing(as i imagine her doing) wouldnīt be possible so i just toned it all a bit down but still trying to keep her true to her designs.

    Iīm really curious what you guys think?!

    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Well, your Casta is definitely a WOW!

    Love how you're able to merge both versions, the gold and orange and blue and yellow, together! Fantastic!
    Thank you, coming from you, that means a lot!

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    406
    Wow Niki, I saw your art collection in the Fan Art section of the .org here & I thought your pictures were amazing! I really like your art style
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

  18. #68
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,170
    Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Netossa is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!! I love the thought you put into her in regards to her movement. I also really love the way you drew her hair with the shine highlights on it. The head cowl is my favorite part. Simply fantastic!!! BRAVO!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  19. #69
    REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,081
    I just viewed your art collection in this thread.
    The drawings are really good! I like them a lot!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

  20. #70
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Falcon View Post
    Wow Niki, I saw your art collection in the Fan Art section of the .org here & I thought your pictures were amazing! I really like your art style

    Thank you, iīm very happy you like my style but iīm just in my beginnings and i need so much more expirience with my new program and all. Iīm glad it pays off that i downloaded them there too. I didnīt get it at first and it made me mad, i couldnīt believe that i simply didnīt get the system



    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Netossa is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!! I love the thought you put into her in regards to her movement. I also really love the way you drew her hair with the shine highlights on it. The head cowl is my favorite part. Simply fantastic!!! BRAVO!!!!
    I was exited what you would say about her and i really wanted you to like her.
    I get now, why you like her so much, itīs so fascinating to get to know characters better, who i never really cared for and now iīm wondering why i havenīt seen her qualities before?!?!?
    So thank you!



    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I just viewed your art collection in this thread.
    The drawings are really good! I like them a lot!
    Itīs great to read things like that and believe me iīm very happy reading it and i thank you very much for your kind words!!!!

  21. #71
    The Great Eternal! GrtEternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Posts
    9,524
    WOW!

    Your Netossa is just fantastic! Love how you made her look a bit "aquatic" in design but still keeping her classic feel. In my canon, Netossa has super strenght which in your redesign of her armor makes it look like she does.

    Awesome work!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

    *****************************

    "Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

    *****************************

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

  22. #72
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    WOW!

    Your Netossa is just fantastic! Love how you made her look a bit "aquatic" in design but still keeping her classic feel. In my canon, Netossa has super strenght which in your redesign of her armor makes it look like she does.

    Awesome work!
    Sorry, it took me so long to reply and thank you. SHAME ON ME!

    It has been very busy and....no excuse though...

    The super strength isnīt a bad idea and would make sense, it totally would fit her persona! You are clever!

  23. #73
    Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    660
    Your art looks very special, Niki! I like that. Please continue drawing PoP characters!

  24. #74
    Widget War-Lokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    21
    Love these,the style has a little bit of 70's psychedelic/disco moxie.

  25. #75
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    Your art looks very special, Niki! I like that. Please continue drawing PoP characters!
    Well, i actually thought of stopping after i got a devasting critic, that one of my drawings looked cheap, that was really though for me as i donīt think they look cheap or i made any of the existing characters look cheap, in my opinion...
    But as you can see i said maybe they do look cheap but i like it and iīm continuing for me at least and itīs nice to read a comment like yours.
    So thank you very much!





    Quote Originally Posted by War-Lokk View Post
    Love these,the style has a little bit of 70's psychedelic/disco moxie.
    Well, iīm born in the 70īs
    And i love Disco music maybe itīs that, no matter what it is, i reall thank you for your nice comment!




    And as you can see, this time i went deeper and tried my luck on MERMISTA.
    I always loved Mermaids and i remember the day when i got her, right from the moment we left the toy shop i wanted to come home so i could fill up the bathtub and take her with me and i even unpacked her in the bathroom while the water was running into the tub

    I tried to give her hair this flowing style like underwater plants and opposite to Filmation i always liked the bathing suit piece she was wearing underneath the fishtail. But as itīs kind of magic i tried to tangel her belt, the suit and the tail all together.

    Her flippers are an existing fishtail i found online(man, i love goggeling the internet!!!) the moment i saw them i knew they will fit her original design and i changed her neckless a little bit as there has been some different versions anyway on the actual action figure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •