Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Niki's POP/MOTU Fan Art Thread

Really nice job with the flow of Mermista's hair & I also really like the realism in the tail fin. Bravo! Keep up the good work, you have many fans who really enjoy what you have brought here to POP!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Mermista is majestically beautiful! I love your designs, and I'm glad you did not give up.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Really nice job with the flow of Mermista's hair & I also really like the realism in the tail fin. Bravo! Keep up the good work, you have many fans who really enjoy what you have brought here to POP!
    Thanks i had a total different sketch for her hair in the beginning, it looked like wind blown hair and that was simply wrong and than i got that idea and iīm happy with the decision.
    The fin was just research as i thought she needed a more impressive pair of flippers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Mermista is majestically beautiful! I love your designs, and I'm glad you did not give up.

Majestic, thatīs a very mighty word and it really took me a while to get her design right, so iīm glad you like it.

THANK YOU BOTH.

Iīm just like those characters to much as i could stop drawing them and so spending time with my childhood heros

I have to apologize to the moderaters, i know two posts following by the same user isnīt allowed but itīs a new picture i was working on and i thought it...or better said she deserves her own thread:

It was a though decission to do the unspeakable and cut of her hair.

I think it suits the character as it makes her even sweeter, i was thinking of Meg Ryan in the middle of the 90īs and what works for her canīt be wrong for SweetBee

I never had a SweetBee figure when i was a child and never saw her in real life either, it seems she was hard to get in Austria but i never liked her yellow hair, they werenīt blonde but straight yellow i always thought it looked like a dying accident

It was great fun drawing her and finding new ways with her, her hair, the outfit and the shield. I tried to personize it by giving it insect wings instead of the "normal" wings and more the black/yellow bee combo.

What a GORGEOUS Sweet Bee! And I really like the way you colored her wings. I also like the hair cut too.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I have to apologize to the moderaters, i know two posts following by the same user isnīt allowed but itīs a new picture i was working on and i thought it...or better said she deserves her own thread:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...eetBeemini.jpg

It was a though decission to do the unspeakable and cut of her hair.

I think it suits the character as it makes her even sweeter, i was thinking of Meg Ryan in the middle of the 90īs and what works for her canīt be wrong for SweetBee

I never had a SweetBee figure when i was a child and never saw her in real life either, it seems she was hard to get in Austria but i never liked her yellow hair, they werenīt blonde but straight yellow i always thought it looked like a dying accident

It was great fun drawing her and finding new ways with her, her hair, the outfit and the shield. I tried to personize it by giving it insect wings instead of the "normal" wings and more the black/yellow bee combo.
    Don't worry about a back to back post in a fanart threads Niki, it is allowed in this forum as artists often have more images than normal to share.
    Thanks for another great piece!!

MOTUC RECORD

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

What a GORGEOUS Sweet Bee! And I really like the way you colored her wings. I also like the hair cut too.
    Thank you, i know it was very bolt of me to cut of her hair but i donīt regret it

The wings were an experiment and it went well and i really like the result myself!

Don't worry about a back to back post in a fanart threads Niki, it is allowed in this forum as artists often have more images than normal to share.
    Thanks for another great piece!!
    Okay, i wasnīt sure and thank you for the compliment!

This time itīs something very differnet not even POP related, i watched some NA episodes and couldnīt resist:

My own version of-

MARA

I tried to bring all her designs together Primus, Mytes Ambassador and the Action Figure Prototype.

I like the idea they had with her hair and would have loved it as an action feature on a figure. I totally understand their decision to give her a more warrior outfit but i liked the skirt on her so i kept it partly.

I took away the Tiara from the cartoon as i think itīs to simiular to Teelas but her action figure head was to small for me so i sticked to her original braids and added some ribbons to make her hair more interessting. At the same time those Ribbons should give her braids more stability so they are stronger and protected at the same time. I kept her boots from prototype, they look simply great and i wanted her to look really trained and fit.

Another addition is her second weapon, itīs from the Mytes prototype picture. I kept it very close to the original design just added some color, another blade to match her all ready established looks and a little extra piece in the middle to give it a more futuristic look.

Oh wow!!!! I wasn't expecting you to venture into NA territory, but I'm happy you did! Mara looks amazing! I love how you pulled all the different elements together. Such a thoughtful design!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Oh wow!!!! I wasn't expecting you to venture into NA territory, but I'm happy you did! Mara looks amazing! I love how you pulled all the different elements together. Such a thoughtful design!

Thank you, i really worked hard on her and I like all areas of Motu and so Mara was the most logical choice for me when it comes to New Adventures! I would like to have her as an action figure and still hope she is possible one day. I simply like strong characters and she is a great example.

Her Prototype was a nice idea but itīs not fully developed if you ask me so i thought iīll go a bit further and iīm starting to enjoy designing or redesigning weapons and the Mytes axe/staff/spear was a nice opportunity to try out some stuff.

Right now iīm working on Spinnerella but boy i really donīt like the simply reuse of Flutterina they did with her so i guess iīll try something very different with her....

Wish me luck!!!!
    Last edited by Niki; February 11, 2011 at 04:32pm.

I'm sure your Spinerella will be EPIC! Now you've also got me looking forward to your takes on Crita and Drissy.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

As ever, great work Niki! I'm a big fan of your art- I agree with Kevenn, Mara is a surprise and I too would love to see Crita. There's something about the femme-fatales of the Universe...it's just such a shame that Mattel don't have access to most of them for MOTUC.

Keep it up!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I'm sure your Spinerella will be EPIC! Now you've also got me looking forward to your takes on Crita and Drissy.
    Well, judge for yourself about Spinnerella!!!! (my Boyfriend hates her, he says i did a really bad job with her...but i donīt see that, iīm actually pretty proud.....ouch)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    As ever, great work Niki! I'm a big fan of your art- I agree with Kevenn, Mara is a surprise and I too would love to see Crita. There's something about the femme-fatales of the Universe...it's just such a shame that Mattel don't have access to most of them for MOTUC.

Keep it up!
    Thank you, and you are right, i donīt get that lack of rights anyway!

I didnīt know that the NA women are such favorites among you guys. I simply like women characters, the male characters always get more attention so iīm mainly focusing on the females, as i feel they deserve attention as much as the guys do.

But here comes my version of Spinerella:

As i said before i never liked what they did with her action figure, even as a child i never wanted to have her. If you ask me, they just took Flutterina gave her some magenta streaks and a stupid skirt.

SO....

Filmation made her much more appealing to me even the mini comic version was good and as it seems she is very powerful, that made me think and i thought who is a powerful dancer for me and of course i was thinking of a ballerina but no, i donīt want a ballerina as an freedom fighter but than it hit me.

Gypsies. They are powerful, mysterious and they can dance!!!!! So voilá. My Spinnerella is very much influenced by a gypsy look.

I kept her color scheme of course with is so not gypsy but itīs POP so we donīt care but after i had my theme for her, everything fell in place and i had a lot of fun trying things out for her. Giving her more jewelry allaround her outfit and making her bare feet was fun!
    I even gave her the short sword they planed of adding with her(and Netossa) but i gave it a more dancers siloutte instead of the star that She-Ras sword had.

And as a little extra i put the Ladies who i think belong together, together on one picture. I love this couple. Netossa the blue cool Lady and Spinnerella the magenta/lilac Dancing queen, match made in heaven or Despondos!

Last edited by Niki; February 15, 2011 at 11:35am.

Your Spinerella is a masterpiece! I love the thought you put into her with the sword - and I love all the extra ornaments. I love the "gypsy-like" about her. It worls with the way she and Netossa were portrayed on the show. Well done! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. We are so lucky!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Great work all around but Mara's head piece is possibly my favorite design of yours yet!

MOTUC RECORD

Your Spinerella is a masterpiece! I love the thought you put into her with the sword - and I love all the extra ornaments. I love the "gypsy-like" about her. It worls with the way she and Netossa were portrayed on the show. Well done! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. We are so lucky!

Thank you, i just like to put thoughts in those characters as i think they simply deserve it and the pleasure is all mine, believe me!

I also read your message on the NA forum page and iīm still in research as itīs harder for me to find good pictures of those two as there never have been any prototypes(sadly) but as you can see i finished a new picture and finally managed to redo another one, so now itīs back to NA !

Great work all around but Mara's head piece is possibly my favorite design of yours yet!
    Thank you and to be honest, it was a lot of work to make it look good iīm glad you like it!

Here is my take on Queen Angella and an improved Glimmer:

I always loved her Mini-Comics the story was good and she looked great, so i took a lot of those designs into my version.

The crown is a great idea so i simply took that straight from there as i did the skirt piece, i never liked her culottes. As Queen i thought she needs a staff, so i gave her the crown motive as the center piece but kept it small and not to heavy to wear as it has to be light for flying.

I never understood her hair in Filmation, why was it blonde and yes it seemed as if she had braids but actually it could have been a bun or short hair...so undecided if you ask me, thatīs why i just gave it a more pony tail look like her action figure.

I did Glimmer almost a year ago before i even knew i could work with the computer, i think she was the third or so picture i did and back than i had no clue...
    Well things have changed and so has she, she looked a bit to static on my first sketch so i simply widened her stand and she looks way more active, also changed small details on her outfit. Iīm pretty happy now.
    Last edited by Niki; March 4, 2011 at 08:27am.

Beautiful work on Angella and Glimmer. Angella is a true graceful beauty here.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Beautiful work on Angella and Glimmer. Angella is a true graceful beauty here.
    Thank you, it was fun redoing Glimmer and Angella came very naturally to me.

Crita on the other side, well she was a though cooky for me.

Here she is my own version of CRITA:

I took both her outfits and made them into one.

Most of it is her Queen armor but some comes straight from her mutants clothing. I liked the teeth, they make her very witch and scary like, so i waved them into her jewlery and armor but i didnīt like her helmet.
    Her hair was very 80-ties i made them more now a days but i think i went a bit to manga but hey, i like it!

Of course i gave her, her whip but i also gave her ring back to her, i just love the fact that she is physical but still some kind of a witch. Makes her even more dangerous!

^ Nice tough angular look for Critta, she is the "ROCK STAR" of New Adventures!!

MOTUC RECORD

What a fantastic job at Crita! I've often thought about how I would tackle her hair in a re-design, which was a little too much of its time. I really appreciate the research that you do in order to create these designs. I commend you.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

What a fantastic job at Crita! I've often thought about how I would tackle her hair in a re-design, which was a little too much of its time. I really appreciate the research that you do in order to create these designs. I commend you.
    I still think there must have been a prototype for her too or at least concept art or anything, since they changed her an Mara outfits completly for the last few episodes.

I love to research and find new ways to recreate something as iīm not the best in inventing stuff myself.

Critas hair was fun and after i finished it, it reminded me off a comic characters hair do, after a great artist took over and gave her a new look. He was a big influence for me back in the days when i ran to the comic store every week to see if there is a new book

As promised iīm working on Drissi right now and iīm unsure if i should stick to her skirt or give her pants. In one interview Mr. Olesker said he planned to take her back to Eternia along with He-Man as his girlfriend and mentioned She-ra and Teela would react skeptical to her.
    She is to girly for my taste as He-mans girlfriend so i thought to butch her up a little but....
    What would you say skirt or pants?
    Last edited by Niki; March 11, 2011 at 07:23pm.

With Dirssi, I'd say a skirt. That's kind of the point of her character - that she's not a warrior or tough, but she's just as valid of a character, and the fact that she's not a warrior serves to differentiate her from Teela or Mara. Basically, Adam ended up with a girl like his mom.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Guess I've missed a lot. Have not checked this thread for some time, luckily, I now did.

Love your take on both Spinnerella and your updated Angella. In fact, love your own style on the POP and MOTU girls in general.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

^ Nice tough angular look for Critta, she is the "ROCK STAR" of New Adventures!!
    She is a star no dought and it was fun redesigning her!!!

With Dirssi, I'd say a skirt. That's kind of the point of her character - that she's not a warrior or tough, but she's just as valid of a character, and the fact that she's not a warrior serves to differentiate her from Teela or Mara. Basically, Adam ended up with a girl like his mom.

Actually i went with the pants now but i see your point. I think she has to mature on Eternia, Primus has been such a peaceful place where she grew up with Caz and her animals. I think she needs to be prepared and thatīs why i changed her outfit, a bit. Youīll see soon how and what i changed and than i hope you can accept it and maybe like it.
    I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Guess I've missed a lot. Have not checked this thread for some time, luckily, I now did.

Love your take on both Spinnerella and your updated Angella. In fact, love your own style on the POP and MOTU girls in general.
    Iīm happy you remembered that thread and checked it out again.

Spinnerella was fun and Angella was great, she came very naturally for me, SweetBee was difficult for me, as i never really liked how she looked as action figure.

Thank you for your comment and compliments!
    Last edited by Niki; March 15, 2011 at 08:56pm.

Drissis turn!

After a lot of research and poking around, i finally finished her.

DRISSI

Drawing her was a challenge.

Not because of her features but because of them. I know that sentence makes no sense but looking at her, she is one of the most beautiful girls in the MOTU universe if you ask me. She is so fragile and simply sweet, i wanted to catch that but donīt judge.

I can see why Adam would choose her over Mara or Teela. She is the Princess the real princesses are not, Adora is strong but maybe to strong for an ordinary man, Teela is a fighter and if she is in love with a man than it`s He-Man a alias character.

Drissi is warm, carring and simply great looking!

As said i was thinking of getting rid of her skirt simply because itīs not practical. Pants are easier and first i wanted to give her blue pants just like He-Mans. But that made her look like a Daisy Duke wannabe and so i changed some colors and went for a catsuit look.

I wanted to show her telephatic side/gift with a little special effect, i know it was never really to be seen somewhere but i borrowed that from images of Jean Grey using hers, I call that artistic freedom

Drissi should have a skirt imho. She's the girly girl in the NA Universe.

MOTUC RECORD