Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Niki's POP/MOTU Fan Art Thread

In FILMATION she almost looked like his wife, in 200X she was his sister.
    We donīt know that much about her but that never hindered me from bringing characters to paper...well pixels:

HAWKE

I tend to take Stratos very literally, he is having a furry body with a hairless face, except his beard of course.
    And thatīs the reason why i stick to that concept.

Hawke has brown fur for me except her hair is fading from brown to red but thats not my idea. Her hair looked like that in 200X as well.

I combined her FILMATION outfit with the feathered skirt and her gloves from 200X and played around with her colors and her helmet. I wanted to add some kind of a peak to the helmet.
    Last edited by Niki; September 23, 2012 at 09:13pm.

Iīm trying out some new stuff and new possibilities and whatīs the best way to go the distant.

Right a challenge and so i was challenging myself and my possibilties with:

SHOKOTI

I didnīt change much on her only added a few things as i think she has a very clear look.

More or less a blue vampire lady with a very tiny waist!

Her hair gave me some trouble but iīm okay with what i came up for her, not perfect but hey, iīm no pro

Her face was difficult. Dark eyes donīt have much expression but i added some reflection and that helped. I enlarged her head piece a bit and changed her cape at the shoulders but the rest is very much as it is on her original (and only) appearance.
    Last edited by Niki; September 27, 2012 at 08:15am.

Right now iīm in FILMATION land but more or less accidently.

I wanted to do a Clawdeen redesign but more a hybrid more woman than actual cat but than it hit me there is a cat lady who fits that profile anyway and i havenīt done her maybe iīll return to the Clawdeen idea but for now i did a picture of

KITTRINA

Many like that episode but i have to admit. I donīt! I like Kittrina as a character but everything else is stupid.

Like He-Man stealing an artifact and on the way destroying an ancient temple, Webstor more or less a common thief and constanly called Bugface by Skeletor, Skeletor who wants the power but than gets afraid by a simple demon and than the storm finish...weird story.

Kittrina on the other side is awesome and her crush on Battlecat, very sweet!

I gave her outfit some more details and changed her hands.

She has that huge catlike feet but her hands are very normal, i didnīt like that so i made them more catlike claws and brought them to the same proportions as her feet.

I think KITTRINA is one of your best yet! Dynamic & fun!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Your style is getting better and better. Lovin' Kittrina! Hope we get her in MOTUC!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I think KITTRINA is one of your best yet! Dynamic & fun!
    Thank you very much! Iīm truly honored and i really had fun drawing and working on her picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Your style is getting better and better. Lovin' Kittrina! Hope we get her in MOTUC!
    Thank you, and thatīs a big compliment, iīm really appreciating it! I really hope we get her.

With FILMATION on my mind lately i thought of one character who really is a monster not only by her looks but as a person:

Hunga, the harpy

There isnīt really much i changed on or added something to her look.

I gave her wings a little bit more color but thatīs it and i gave her hair a bit of a flow, to make her more dynamic. I sticked with the four finger version, since it seems FILMATION couldīt decide on four or five but four are more claw like and thatīs very suiting.
    Last edited by Niki; December 19, 2012 at 02:12pm. Reason: added some details to Hunga(feet, eyes, power beam)

I think this is one of the most dynamic pose seen (by me) in your artwork. Hair flow you added is perfect for her. Maybe some bird like scales and claws on her feet would make her more detailed than in Filmation version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I think this is one of the most dynamic pose seen (by me) in your artwork. Hair flow you added is perfect for her. Maybe some bird like scales and claws on her feet would make her more detailed than in Filmation version.
    Thank you and itīs true my pictures are more static usually

The details on the feet, i guess you are right but i really like the chicken feet FILMATION gave her, so honestly i havenīt even thought of more details....but maybe you are right and i should rework them(sometime).

I have drawn her before but not in that outfit and i have to say i love her in that outfit, some say itīs very "russian" looking and i guess they are right:

Battle Armor Queen Marlena

First of all, i kept her FILMATION hair color but the rest is pretty much MYP except she has no knee pads and i gave her leather gloves.

I never understood why her body armor looked like it was made out of scales. Why chose that shape of all the shapes you can imagine when they were fighting the Snakemen, who had that weird idea? So i made those "scales" more square shaped.

Her weapons are her MOTUC weapons in different colors.

And as a little side note, i thought i went a bit far with the length of her hair but since i like long flowing hair i thought why not but than i found a picture of her from the last MYP episode where she is shown with even longer hair
    Last edited by Niki; October 26, 2012 at 03:54pm.