Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Niki's POP/MOTU Fan Art Thread

In FILMATION she almost looked like his wife, in 200X she was his sister.
    We donīt know that much about her but that never hindered me from bringing characters to paper...well pixels:

HAWKE

I tend to take Stratos very literally, he is having a furry body with a hairless face, except his beard of course.
    And thatīs the reason why i stick to that concept.

Hawke has brown fur for me except her hair is fading from brown to red but thats not my idea. Her hair looked like that in 200X as well.

I combined her FILMATION outfit with the feathered skirt and her gloves from 200X and played around with her colors and her helmet. I wanted to add some kind of a peak to the helmet.
    Last edited by Niki; September 23, 2012 at 10:13pm.

Iīm trying out some new stuff and new possibilities and whatīs the best way to go the distant.

Right a challenge and so i was challenging myself and my possibilties with:

SHOKOTI

I didnīt change much on her only added a few things as i think she has a very clear look.

More or less a blue vampire lady with a very tiny waist!

Her hair gave me some trouble but iīm okay with what i came up for her, not perfect but hey, iīm no pro

Her face was difficult. Dark eyes donīt have much expression but i added some reflection and that helped. I enlarged her head piece a bit and changed her cape at the shoulders but the rest is very much as it is on her original (and only) appearance.
    Last edited by Niki; September 27, 2012 at 09:15am.

Right now iīm in FILMATION land but more or less accidently.

I wanted to do a Clawdeen redesign but more a hybrid more woman than actual cat but than it hit me there is a cat lady who fits that profile anyway and i havenīt done her maybe iīll return to the Clawdeen idea but for now i did a picture of

KITTRINA

Many like that episode but i have to admit. I donīt! I like Kittrina as a character but everything else is stupid.

Like He-Man stealing an artifact and on the way destroying an ancient temple, Webstor more or less a common thief and constanly called Bugface by Skeletor, Skeletor who wants the power but than gets afraid by a simple demon and than the storm finish...weird story.

Kittrina on the other side is awesome and her crush on Battlecat, very sweet!

I gave her outfit some more details and changed her hands.

She has that huge catlike feet but her hands are very normal, i didnīt like that so i made them more catlike claws and brought them to the same proportions as her feet.

I think KITTRINA is one of your best yet! Dynamic & fun!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Your style is getting better and better. Lovin' Kittrina! Hope we get her in MOTUC!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I think KITTRINA is one of your best yet! Dynamic & fun!
    Thank you very much! Iīm truly honored and i really had fun drawing and working on her picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Your style is getting better and better. Lovin' Kittrina! Hope we get her in MOTUC!
    Thank you, and thatīs a big compliment, iīm really appreciating it! I really hope we get her.

With FILMATION on my mind lately i thought of one character who really is a monster not only by her looks but as a person:

Hunga, the harpy

There isnīt really much i changed on or added something to her look.

I gave her wings a little bit more color but thatīs it and i gave her hair a bit of a flow, to make her more dynamic. I sticked with the four finger version, since it seems FILMATION couldīt decide on four or five but four are more claw like and thatīs very suiting.
    Last edited by Niki; December 19, 2012 at 03:12pm. Reason: added some details to Hunga(feet, eyes, power beam)

I think this is one of the most dynamic pose seen (by me) in your artwork. Hair flow you added is perfect for her. Maybe some bird like scales and claws on her feet would make her more detailed than in Filmation version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I think this is one of the most dynamic pose seen (by me) in your artwork. Hair flow you added is perfect for her. Maybe some bird like scales and claws on her feet would make her more detailed than in Filmation version.
    Thank you and itīs true my pictures are more static usually

The details on the feet, i guess you are right but i really like the chicken feet FILMATION gave her, so honestly i havenīt even thought of more details....but maybe you are right and i should rework them(sometime).

I have drawn her before but not in that outfit and i have to say i love her in that outfit, some say itīs very "russian" looking and i guess they are right:

Battle Armor Queen Marlena

First of all, i kept her FILMATION hair color but the rest is pretty much MYP except she has no knee pads and i gave her leather gloves.

I never understood why her body armor looked like it was made out of scales. Why chose that shape of all the shapes you can imagine when they were fighting the Snakemen, who had that weird idea? So i made those "scales" more square shaped.

Her weapons are her MOTUC weapons in different colors.

And as a little side note, i thought i went a bit far with the length of her hair but since i like long flowing hair i thought why not but than i found a picture of her from the last MYP episode where she is shown with even longer hair
    Last edited by Niki; October 26, 2012 at 04:54pm.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Thank you and itīs true my pictures are more static usually

The details on the feet, i guess you are right but i really like the chicken feet FILMATION gave her, so honestly i havenīt even thought of more details....but maybe you are right and i should rework them(sometime).

I have drawn her before but not in that outfit and i have to say i love her in that outfit, some say itīs very "russian" looking and i guess they are right:

Battle Armor Queen Marlena

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...arlenamini.jpg

First of all, i kept her FILMATION hair color but the rest is pretty much MYP except she has no knee pads and i gave her leather gloves.

I never understood why her body armor looked like it was made out of scales. Why chose that shape of all the shapes you can imagine when they were fighting the Snakemen, who had that weird idea? So i made those "scales" more square shaped.

Her weapons are her MOTUC weapons in different colors.

And as a little side note, i thought went a bit far with the length of her hair but since i like long flowing her i thought why not but than i found a picture of her from the last episode where she is shown with even longer hair
    She would make a cool MOTUC variant! cool pic!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

That's an action-packed Marlena Niki! Your coloring is getting better & better!

MOTUC RECORD

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Beautiful as always!
    Battle Armor Queen Marlena would look great next to Vintage style King Randor who also has armor and cape....so they both will be in blue/red/gold outfit ready for battle.

i really like the chicken feet FILMATION gave her
    Chickens as well as the all other birds have scaly feet with claws, that's why I suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    She would make a cool MOTUC variant! cool pic!
    I always thought so myself and thank you!

That's an action-packed Marlena Niki! Your coloring is getting better & better!
    In this outfit she is ready for action and iīm glad i captured that and thank you very much, iīm constantly trying to improve my pictures. Drawing is such cool hobby!

Beautiful as always!
    Battle Armor Queen Marlena would look great next to Vintage style King Randor who also has armor and cape....so they both will be in blue/red/gold outfit ready for battle.
    You are right, i have never thought of that. Now i totally would like to see them side by side. Iīm actually not good with doing sculptures so, it will stay a fantasy as i donīt see her get made very soon. Which is such a shame she would deserve her own Battle Ground version but hey....

My next picture is very long in the making. I never understood why Catra always came with a skirt. Even in FILMATION. She is a cat character and those simply need to wear a catsuit!
    Plus i always wanted to draw a fierce Clawdeen:

I have to admit Clawdeen is a lot of pink and itīs difficult to make her look fierce or dangerous.
    She still looks cute.

Catra on the other hand looks great in her cat suit which is basicly her Shower Power outfit without the furry skirt.

I added some greens to both of them and replaced that stupid hair accessory Clawdeen came with, with a headband/crown in a similar style as her saddle. The green helped a lot to give her saddle more texture and her face some more features.

On the german audio stories back in the 80īs Clawdeen helped Catra with her plans but had her own agenda as well.
    On her vintage cardback it said that she showed Catra how to transform into a cat. In those audio stories Catra transformed Clawdeen, who had been a sorceress, into the lioness and only Catra knows how to transform her back. So now Clawdeen is stuck with Catra if she ever wants to become human again. I lalways liked that, itīs twisted and makes Catra even more wicked.

And one completely different side note:

Lion ears are so adorable!

I like these updated versions especially because you restyled my favorite version of Catra (Shower Power) to look futuristic after very subtle changes.

Oh yeah, no matter how pink she is, Clowdeen still can look fierce:
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...75-d51irvp.jpg

Snappy Threader
    Battle Armor Queen Marlena is total awesomeness.

I like these updated versions especially because you restyled my favorite version of Catra (Shower Power) to look futuristic after very subtle changes.

Oh yeah, no matter how pink she is, Clowdeen still can look fierce:
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...75-d51irvp.jpg
    Thank you. My favorite Catra is the blood red prototype version but itīs clear she is not wearing a catsuit, so i had chose Shower Power Catra, i like the spots more than the stripes

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Battle Armor Queen Marlena is total awesomeness.
    HA HA HA thank you very much, i really enjoyed working on that picture and so iīm glad you enjoy what i come up for her!

The Karatti Re-Design Challenge is coming up but i was in the middle of an experiment so i had to finish "her" before i can sink my teeth in the green mutant!

She is only a concept but i like her. I simply call her:

He-Ra

She was one of the FILMATION concept drawings. Before it was clear who She-Ra is going to be, they tried the name He-Ra as in the greek goddess name but as we all know ended up with the names She-Ra and Adora.

In this one picture we can see a lot of star shaped symbols, an angrier face as we are used and darker hair. But whatīs totally missing is clothing.
    She is only wearing a black bra and a belt.

Seriously.

I tried that but that was even to...well "HOT"... for me. So i lightend up her face expression but i kept her overall look as provocative as i could

I see her a bit like Vikor. Maybe she could be one of the female "He-Mans" who came before Adam. So i added a furry skirt piece and decided to go with the color red for her. Her sword design is more or less borrowed from Vintage "Princess of Power".

I see her a bit like Vikor. Maybe she could be one of the female "He-Mans" who came before Adam.
    I was thinking the same when I saw Filmation concept.... she could be one of the He-Women, protectors of the sword.

Some time ago I've noticed that on the Grayskull coat of arms (on the door) there is skull framed with pair of wings:

which looks very much like how vintage toy She-Ra headdress framing her face:

and it is also much like Filmation concept that you mentioned:

Could it be that winged headdress of She-Ra was originally inspired by Grayskull coat of arms???

Anyway...Great design!
    Last edited by Mantisaur82; December 4, 2012 at 12:00am.

Great He-Ra pic Niki! I like the pose, your own ideas, & the colors very much! I have plans for some of those POP Filmation concepts myself...

MOTUC RECORD

Here is something totally new:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...Oystarmini.jpg

Iīm calling her OYSTAR she is a weird character from a german PRINCESS OF POWER catalog, who looks like no character ever existed.

She sits besides She-Ra in the famous Bubble Carriage, who never made it into toy form.

There is thread about her in the classics forum:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=207071

And there i had the idea to make a drawing of her but as she is not a existing character i decided to invent a version for myself!

OYSTAR

She is a distant relative of the Star Sisters and ever since she heard their story for the first time as a child, she wanted to find them and help them finding a way home.

Her homeworld is covered to 70% in water so her waterbased powers arenīt that special there but she developed a special bond with Oysters, as she always had been a curious person. There is no secret she isnīt interessted in solving. Oysters are perfect in keeping their pearls a secret and their shells are their best weapon to keep that secret.

She can breath underwater and is able to turn her skin as hard as oyster shells and the back of her hands get as sharp as the back of shells as well. She can cut threw steel to defend herself she shoots pearls out of her hands, if neccesary hundreds at a time.

When she was old enoughto own her own chrystal staff she left her homeworld, looking for clues for the famous Star Sisters but in the end it was luck that brought her to Etheria she heard from a mysterious Castle made out of chrystals and with even a a water fall made out of the same material. She simple had to see that.

She would never admit it but she missed the sea, the creatures and a castle made of chrystals are the closest things of home, she can think of.

She spend months on Etheria looking for that castle, trying to avoid the Horde and the Rebellion, she thought their fight has nothing to do with her but one day she saw a light, a light so familiar as if it would shine in her as well. She followed the feeling and there she found the Star Sisters.

She still hasnīt found the Chrystal Castle but Starla, Tallstar and Jewelstar showed her helping others makes you a better person and that makes your own light shine even brigther.

In Mermista she has found a great friend and Etheria has become her second home.
    Her curiosity makes her a bit of an outsider from the inner circle of the Rebellion, Chrystal Castle has to stay a secret but she is determind to find it!
    I love this character's look, your design and the name you gave her. I feel a very strong urge to make a custom of her.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

I was thinking the same when I saw Filmation concept.... she could be one of the He-Women, protectors of the sword.

Some time ago I've noticed that on the Grayskull coat of arms (on the door) there is skull framed with pair of wings:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...skull-door.gif

which looks very much like how vintage toy She-Ra headdress framing her face:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...esize_full.jpg

and it is also much like Filmation concept that you mentioned:

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...uels_shera.jpg

Could it be that winged headdress of She-Ra was originally inspired by Grayskull coat of arms???

Anyway...Great design!
    At first i wasnīt getting what you meant. I was looking for wings which i simply couldnīt find but than i finally i found them on the symbol in the middle of the door.

And actually i guess you are right, this could totally be the origin!

Great catch!

Great He-Ra pic Niki! I like the pose, your own ideas, & the colors very much! I have plans for some of those POP Filmation concepts myself...
    Thank you, i gave her almost the same pose as i gave Adora and She-Ra. I knew i wanted to keep her outfit dark but black was no option for me so i came up with the dark brown leather idea and the red star symbols are a surprise even for me. They just happend...

Those concepts are simply to good to be ignored! I look forward what you will do with them, iīm sure iīm going to be thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    I love this character's look, your design and the name you gave her. I feel a very strong urge to make a custom of her.
    OH WOW

Thank you and you are more than welcome to customize her.

I really enjoyed fleshing out that unknown "accident". Iīm sure who ever drew her so many years ago, didnīt even know he/she created a mystery!
    If you can go even further and bring this character to a new three dimensional level. Iīm glad, my ideas and design are going to be a part of it!

I realized, i havenīt drawn Evil Lyn in her regular outfit or timeline, i just did her Son of He-Man "look".

Iīm very unsure how i want her to look like, sometimes i love her toy version or more what they did with her in the mini comics, the FILMATION version isnīt my favorite or her amazing 200X look?

But no one can beat Emiliano or Gbagok when it comes to 200X/MYP characters so, maybe i really have to come up with a mixture of all of them...

maybe one day...

BUT

I love two of her disguises, Majestra(FILMATIONS-The Shaping Staff) and the Siren(MYP-Sirensīs Song). I couldnīt decided which one of them i wanted to do, so i thought, i can do both in one picture and voila her she is:

Majestra/Siren

I added some detail to Majestras outfit, i thought some camoflage elements are totally fitting the character and added some more jewelry, i also did so for the siren.
    What i really like about both disguises, she still uses her natural hair color, and no matter what, it always fits her character.
    With the siren, i looked closely at her outfit and there are stripes but you almost couldnīt see them, i took the liberty and added some more color to her outfit to make them seen, the leather seaming just adds to her tribal look.

The shaping staff is almost the some i just added some jewelry as well. First i wanted to add some more detail but than i said, no, this is one of the few things where less is more.

On a side note, while i was drawing the siren, she reminded me on Disneyīs Atlantis princess, the hair, the outfit, the tatoo....
    Last edited by Niki; December 19, 2012 at 03:14pm. Reason: typos, typos, typos....

I made it, i wanted to finish her in 2012 and i made it!!!!!

This will be my last 2012 picture and itīs:

ILLUMINA

I remember seeing her for the first time at the comic store....i went there every second week back than.....aaahhhhh memories... and i asked myself: WHO IS THIS?

The answer to that mystery took some time and we all know why....

I like her design, all though itīs a little bit to much white for my taste. I took away her sleeves, now she is showing more blue skin and i like that.
    I also took away her skirt or skirts and i changed those round chrystals into more square shaped ones. The round chrystals reminded me to much at Adoras sword of protection.
    I know she has been designed so she could use Teelas buck but her 200X design isnīt one of my favorites and is to "Xena"-esque, especially the skirt and i think she doesnīt need huge eighties shoulder pads so i removed them as well.

Emiliano is the master of details and i simply canīt keep up with him so i didnīt even try and gave my best to do his design at least some justice.

I tried something completely new with this picture, normally i take a natural source of light but since her powers are lights and illuminations she is providing her own light source. Took me a while to make it work but i think came out well.

This time i did something i usually donīt do...

I created a character.

I had that idea in my head, that i have never seen a female Caligar but than i thought of Gbagoks "Tours of Eternia" but i simply couldnīt recall if he had drawn one. I am a huge fan of his work(who isnīt?) and after some research i found them and there was a Caligar tour.
    Of course he had done a female character but to my surprise, she wasnīt what i had expected. As always she she looked cool and his 200X style is pure awesomeness but she looked more like an Ogre or one of the trolls from Elfquest.

So at least the picture in my head is more or less an original idea and from that point on all the pieces fell together.

I rewatched the episodes and got almost greek vibes from the Caligars and Google provided me with even more greek influences. The word crocodile comes from ancient greek and meant something like "big lizard from the river nile". So greek it was and so i even chose a greek name for her:

Chionati

With Ceratus and the race Caligar i thought a name starting with a "C" is only fitting.

I wanted her to be feminine and dangerous at the same time. She needed to have armor but some flowing elements are never wrong. I like the idea of leather with silk and both materials are made out of animals.

I tried to keep her physics close to the male physic which has been established for Caligar characters. I decided to make her ears smaller but her head fin bigger.

I redesigned Whiplashs 200X weapon but since, i think, he took it with him itīs fair to say it was made by Caligars.

She is clearly not as bulky or huge as a male Caligar but thatīs the same with female crocodiles they are smaller as their male counterparts.

Last edited by Niki; January 20, 2013 at 08:44pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Nice original character Niki! I like the face & color choices alot! She reminds me a little of "She-Dragon" only with a much more MOTU aesthetic!

MOTUC RECORD

Nice original character Niki! I like the face & color choices alot! She reminds me a little of "She-Dragon" only with a much more MOTU aesthetic!
    Thank you and to be honest i have never seen She-Dragon before in my life, but she looks like fun! But i prefer her with long flowing hair but i have learned the mohawk wasnīt her idea in the first place.

And here is another original.

In my mind she looked fierce, the sketch looked great the finished picture looks bland....

Maybe itīs the colors maybe itīs the pose maybe....

I donīt know but any way her she is:

LADY DACTYS

A lord needs his lady and so i decided to give the lord a lady to be proud of.

Since bats are mammals i thought i can give her a more human physic and hair, again i like long flowing hair on women.

I wanted to give her a mace, again in my mind it looked fierce in the picture it reminds me of an umbrella, seriously it does! The added jewelry should have added to her ladylikeness but now look out of character.

What could have been a great picture became a, i need to finish it picture....but i did and now i can go on

I guess some day iīll redo her completely.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Interesting character Niki, creating a Spaleean female, as (off hand) I don't know if the 200X animation ever showed one. I like the weapon & her details. Also she reminds me a bit of "Demona" from Gargoyles. Keep up the great work on classic & original characters!

MOTUC RECORD