Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Peekablue and DoubleTrouble Sketches

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Interesting character Niki, creating a Spaleean female, as (off hand) I don't know if the 200X animation ever showed one. I like the weapon & her details. Also she reminds me a bit of "Demona" from Gargoyles. Keep up the great work on classic & original characters!
    The only Spaleean woman i could find was of course part of Gbagoks "Tours of Eternia" but i tried not to look at her very closely. I donīt like to copy others, especially when they are simply better artists than i am

I remember the Gargoyles and wasnīt "Demona" the one who was transformed into a human for quite some time?(My favorite by the way fas Fox the redhead with the eye tattoo, i think she was called Fox...)

Well, you encourage me to do some original and here is my first and i think only (never say never) POP character.

I thought what power hasnīt been used before and how can i make her as fairy tail-ish as possible.

So i went to my DISNEY collection and hoped it would inspire me and it did, i took two of my favorite characters, Aurora and Mulan combined their looks and gave her a never been used power in POP.
    Calling her:

Cloudele

She is the first "asian" looking character which i think is totally needed and her powers are: Cloud control.

Clouds can be soft and sweet but donīt get them mad. Once angry you get rain, thunder and lightning.

As the picture obviously shows she can ride clouds. She can create them, make them disappear or use them as distraction like fog.

Her outfit is very vintage inspired. Typical boots and gauntlets the skirt has that cloud theme and the belt is more or less Perfumas changing her yellow and pink flowers into little white clouds. The chines vest is like Glimmers vest but the button for the neck is again a little cloud. Her top is like Peekablues top but with out the fan at the waist....that was to much as she had a lot going on already.

Last edited by Niki; February 12, 2013 at 01:03pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Great character Niki, I like the concept & theme & particularly like that you made an Asian character with white hair, it reminds me of something Rumiko Takahashi would make & I appreciate your Disney influences for conjuring up something all your own!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Great character Niki, I like the concept & theme & particularly like that you made an Asian character with white hair, it reminds me of something Rumiko Takahashi would make & I appreciate your Disney influences for conjuring up something all your own!
    Thank you very much Rumiko Takahashi is amazing, i only know her from Inuyasha but her Mermaid drawings are beautiful as well!

And nothing beats Disneys old fashioned cartoons

In the last few weeks i was trying to do more scenes than just redesigning characters but lately she has come up more and more and so i simply had to take my chances and do my version of the Snake Goddess.

But i gave her a real name and changed her appearance a lot.
    The name is more or less playing around with the Italian word for viper which is vipera. As the Snake Goddess she is more or less THE viper and that would maker la Vipera and so i came up with her name.

I think the only thing thatīs the same as the original is the green scaled skin:

Laviperia-The Snake Goddess

In her only appearance she was shown more or less as a ghost from the past, with snakes with heads and tongues as her hair, a golden bra and and a furry loincloth(very Bikini…ah…Battleground Teela like.)

Iīm not a fan of snakes instead of hair. Thatīs to Medusa, the gorgon sister from the greek mythology. So i decided to make her hair out of snakes but turned them around and now she has snake tails for hair in five different ones colors and shapes.

Also not shown in that comic were her legs and so i thought why not give her that famous snake tail instead of feet most of the snake people do have feet so letīs change it…

Now she looks more like Medusa than she did when i started…oh my...

But i decided to keep her upper body more human and gave her a bellybutton snakes donīt have those. So she is clearly both snake and human even though i gave her face more snake features as well.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

You are in a stage of continuously improving art Niki, the Snake Goddess has some of your finest coloring yet!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Wow! I really like that GoddeSSSSSSS! Great idea to mix different snakes!

You are in a stage of continuously improving art Niki, the Snake Goddess has some of your finest coloring yet!
    Thank you, i used this technique before for one of my Snake women ideas and it fits the scale theme. But itīs difficult to manage when it comes to larger areas at least iīm not that skilled yet to use it properly

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    Wow! I really like that GoddeSSSSSSS! Great idea to mix different snakes!
    Thank you but iīm not the biggest fan of the color green and the original Snake Goddess is simply very much green. So i decided to give her more color and than i goggled different snakes and how their scales looked like.

Brilliant artworks Niki, Chionati and Laviperia are truly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdelico View Post
    Brilliant artworks Niki, Chionati and Laviperia are truly awesome.
    Thank you. Especially for Chionati since she is actually an original character from an exciting race we donīt know very much about!

The last few weeks were very busy for me and i started a picture and i was really excited about it but now i donīt feel it so i thought what could help to spice up my creativity and while i was sitting at the train i pulled out my pencil and did some sketching and i ended up with a weird almost creepy idea for Shadow Weaver and here she is my totally new and completely reinvented version of

SHADOW WEAVER

I think she is the creepiest thing i have ever drawn.

Since she is dead or something like that in the latest canon i thought why not take her witch persona and the EVIL HORDE theme of horror characters and combine those three things.

And so i created my Shadow Weaver mummy.

The bandages which are her outfit now are very much like her original outfit but the combinations of beige and blood red makes it more eye catching if you ask me. First i wanted to apply the blood stains all over the body but than it was to much so the blood stained bandages start from her chest up since those areas are the ones who moves the rest of her body doesīt need to to move anyway since she still hovering above the ground in a dark misty cloud now.

Her face is still covered but i removed that pointed cap piece, i never liked it. FILMATION gave her a very curvy body and i kept that of course.
    Last edited by Niki; December 4, 2013 at 05:38pm.

As if Shadow Weaver wasn't bad enough, now she's undead!?!? Seriously, though, I kind of enjoy this idea ... I'd be curious as to how her resurrection would change her, but I would imagine she'd be the height of creepy.

I love what you've done with the subtle gradations of color on her, particularly on her gown and the Horde bat logo - you've really made some strides in your coloring.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    As if Shadow Weaver wasn't bad enough, now she's undead!?!? Seriously, though, I kind of enjoy this idea ... I'd be curious as to how her resurrection would change her, but I would imagine she'd be the height of creepy.

I love what you've done with the subtle gradations of color on her, particularly on her gown and the Horde bat logo - you've really made some strides in your coloring.
    Thank you and i have to admit i havenīt thought about if her resurrection would have changed her that much. I might think she is more aggressive now. Being killed doesīt heightened the mood!

And she has lost a lot, my guess is she is even more ruthless and takes more risks since she has been killed but that hasīt been her end!

Her original color scheme wasīt that interesting if you ask me and adding beige and black makes her look more eye catching if you ask me.

Coloring isnīt my strongest suit especially on the computer but i keep on working on it, thanks for recognizing

Queen Teela

This time i went a total different route.

New coloring style, new background and never before seen version of a character.

Queen Teela

This is my idea of Queen Teela from SON OF HE-MAN. Her husband is King Adam/He-Man, if she is still the Sorceress is unclear since Castle Grayskull is no more and there is no real threat anymore.

Anyway i sticked with her original blonde hair, through in some FILMATION outfit elements, mixed with some SOH design elements and tried to stay away from futuristic stuff to keep her as warrior like as possible.

A queen needs a crown but in her case itīs more like a helmet and she needs a sword itīs Teela none the less.

Her colors are still white and gold but her accessories are more colorful now since her husband had some reds and blue she got those as well.
    I know many think Teela needs to be a red head but for me she is a blonde and it suits her so well.

And i wanted to try a new background/surrounding. Itīs very MOTUC but those green rocks are simply iconic and i could resist.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    This time i went a total different route.

New coloring style, new background and never before seen version of a character.

Queen Teela

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...QueenTeela.jpg

This is my idea of Queen Teela from SON OF HE-MAN. Her husband is King Adam/He-Man, if she is still the Sorceress is unclear since Castle Grayskull is no more and there is no real threat anymore.

Anyway i sticked with her original blonde hair, through in some FILMATION outfit elements, mixed with some SOH design elements and tried to stay away from futuristic stuff to keep her as warrior like as possible.

A queen needs a crown but in her case itīs more like a helmet and she needs a sword itīs Teela none the less.

Her colors are still white and gold but her accessories are more colorful now since her husband had some reds and blue she got those as well.
    I know many think Teela needs to be a red head but for me she is a blonde and it suits her so well.

And i wanted to try a new background/surrounding. Itīs very MOTUC but those green rocks are simply iconic and i could resist.
    You' ve done fantastic work with Queen Teela, combining various elements, the Sorceress's wings, her Classic armor, the boots that are compatible with King He-Man's figure, the blonde hair form the last mini comic and the Second Ultimate Battleground, her sword. Really a real warrior queen!

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    You' ve done fantastic work with Queen Teela, combining various elements, the Sorceress's wings, her Classic armor, the boots that are compatible with King He-Man's figure, the blonde hair form the last mini comic and the Second Ultimate Battleground, her sword. Really a real warrior queen!
    Thank you very much.

The warrior aspect is very important to me when it comes to Teela and i wasnīt sure if the feathered cape would work but in the end i was very pleased with it, it gives her this old school barbaric touch and keeps in touch with her inheritance .

Madame Razz

To tell the truth, i donīt like the character of Madame Razz.

I think she is unnecessary and annoying but she is a member of the Great Rebellion if i like it or not and so i finally decided to come up with my own version:

MADAME RAZZ

I managed to keep her strong chin and very skinny fingers but I changed the shape of her eyes though. I wanted to make her a bit more mystical. Etheria is the place for long hair so she got my version but her hair is a little fuzzy at least.

Iīm not the biggest fan of capes and she really doesīt need one but she needs her Broom so i draw it.

As much as i canīt stand her...drawing my version of Madame Razz was so much fun and i really like the picture. Iīm actually a little proud of how she came out.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I really like your version of Madame Razz. She looks as if she could be coming from a Tim Burton movie! Well done!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian