Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue and DoubleTrouble Sketches

Double Trouble

Here is my first new take on:

DOUBLE TROUBLE

When i started with this thread more than a year ago she was the second Sketch i did.
    I always liked her even though iīm not into the color green and she is very green!!! She was the only character i never had but wanted. I remember refusing to get Netossa and Spinnerella but i never saw Double Trouble in any store...

For me she is still a little mystery i have to admit. I read her mini comic as it came with Frosta but it says nothing about her, if you ask me.

To be fair iīm still not sure what i want for her, i think she could be a great fighter, so i gave her to swords you can be connected into a a doubled bladed staff. Two weapons combined into one(actually three i know...).
    But than i gave her high heels which fit to her pearl neckless, again i know that had to be done so she can have her action feature but than there is her cape itīs transluscent and very flowing. Thatīs very girls like and she has that 70-ies vibe to me....

It was fun to combine all those facts and make her very special and special she is. No matter what!

This is the nice face version, i tried to give her very similar eyes like Glimmer, as itīs somewhere mentioned they are cousins and iīm really happy about her innocent expression

Love the new Double Trouble! I especially dig the double bladed weapon. I think you've greatly improved upon you first Double Trouble drawing.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Double Trouble, the BAD version

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Love the new Double Trouble! I especially dig the double bladed weapon. I think you've greatly improved upon you first Double Trouble drawing.
    Thank you and you are right i went a long from there to now and i have so much more to learn but itīs fun.

As promised the EVIL face Variant:

Redrawing her face was fun fun fun!!!!!

As i said at her first version her weapon can be split and to show how itīs done i did it with this version and now she has to swords.

i also gave her a Horde armband but i decided to make it green than black it was simply to black for the whole picture and pulled to much attention. The red Horde face is bright enough next to all those greens!

And the little blades, intended to be thrown, shaped as her emblem are back at her belt, instead of holding three of them in her hand like the first time.
    Last edited by Niki; August 10, 2011 at 05:40pm.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

Ah, there you are!

Entrapta looks amazing. More vibrant colors and more detail on the hair as well!

Double Trouble is indeed a high step up than your first try. The colors of green, lime green, yellow and silver matches perfectly. The new weapon is a plus too! She sure comes as a glamorous warrior type now.

The alternate Horde DT is good too. Not sure about the emblem, but do love the facial expression. Guessin' if she's angry, she's bad!

Sure hope we get Double Trouble in MOTUC soon!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Blondes to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Entrapta looks amazing. More vibrant colors and more detail on the hair as well!

Double Trouble is indeed a high step up than your first try. The colors of green, lime green, yellow and silver matches perfectly. The new weapon is a plus too! She sure comes as a glamorous warrior type now.

The alternate Horde DT is good too. Not sure about the emblem, but do love the facial expression. Guessin' if she's angry, she's bad!

Sure hope we get Double Trouble in MOTUC soon!
    Good people always look nice bad people always look angry, donīt you know that ???

Thank you for your nice words and Entrapta was great fun to redo as was Double Trouble and almost right on top i have something for you.

I promised and iīm trying to keep my promises.

My redone PERFUMA with an open Flower:

I havenīt change much about her, only made things a bit clearer and now i think my idea that her dress are special leaves who can turn into vines, which can extend at her will is more obvious. She needs no weapons her flower and her power are enough weapons if you ask me.

And just so i show her off here as well, i entered the MOVIE SHE-RA contest and here is what i came up with:

I love your updated Perfuma! I compared it with your previous one and I see little changes that makes this one btter. Facial expression, the leaves are more detailed on this one. The flowers on her belt are brighter. Love the fading on this one, more realistic. Her petals are indeed more alive now. Her open flower back pack is more part of her outfit now, it looks like a big frilly colar. Great update indeed! Thanks for answering my request!

Now She-Ra! Love the combination of the gold and white with little hints of red here and there. It seems to me, it's a mixture of movie and NA together. The gold loin cloth feels out of place on this design though, but that's just me.

Question: What's the purpose of that red thing on her gloves? Looks like it's for swimming, but is it?

- Clarke's Third Law

The new Perfuma is perfection! I love the fading colors.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

I love your updated Perfuma! I compared it with your previous one and I see little changes that makes this one btter. Facial expression, the leaves are more detailed on this one. The flowers on her belt are brighter. Love the fading on this one, more realistic. Her petals are indeed more alive now. Her open flower back pack is more part of her outfit now, it looks like a big frilly colar. Great update indeed! Thanks for answering my request!

Now She-Ra! Love the combination of the gold and white with little hints of red here and there. It seems to me, it's a mixture of movie and NA together. The gold loin cloth feels out of place on this design though, but that's just me.

Question: What's the purpose of that red thing on her gloves? Looks like it's for swimming, but is it?
    Thanks for requesting the flower it simply made the picture better, i really like it but i for myself wouldnīt have come up with it.

My boyfriend said the same to the gold chain loin cloth hangy things, that they look out of place now and i have to say you are right but they are an important part on the original so i kept them and they are shiny and glittery, which was enough reason for me to keep them!

The red part at the gloves are like gym gloves, i imagine the red fabric as a thinner kind of material than the white leather, i have in mind looking at the design. So itīs for a better grip, simply as that.

The new Perfuma is perfection! I love the fading colors.
    Right, Perfuma is your second favorite POP character, now i remember. So thank you for your kind words!!!!!!!

Octavia

Here is my improved version of Octavia:

I didnīt change that much on her as i think she is was fine from the start but i gave her some more details and i made her tentacles longer and a bit bigger.

It was fun working on her again, i really like that character and i hope she will come soon in MOTUC.

Bow

As they headline says finally here comes my version of:

BOW

I tried to stay close to his toy design as i think itīs perfect for him and took some references from the mini comics as i really like them, in there he has no beard but a bit longer hair which i think suits him.

I always liked that his left hand for example was protected by a glove, details like that are always fun to explore!

His cape has been a challenge, first i made it much more glittery, like it is on the toy but than i decided against it, he is shiny enough as he is!

So next up are Josh and She-Ra and i think thatīs it than, maybe iīm doing some rework on my older ones but iīm not sure yet. Letīs see.
    Last edited by Niki; October 9, 2011 at 05:59pm.

I think your coloring on Bow is SPECTACULAR! I love the shiny qualities he has. I'm a fan of the sparklies.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

I think your coloring on Bow is SPECTACULAR! I love the shiny qualities he has. I'm a fan of the sparklies.
    Thank you! All that sparkle took me a while to get it right and he has so much golden stuff in really different shadings on him it was tough but so much fun, iīm happy i finally had the courage to bring him to paper(and digitalize him than )!

Finally

It was my pleasure Niki. Thank goodness it was a holiday weekend so I can stay up as late as humanly possible without anyone from my household to bother me much (till 5 AM), but it was all worth it.

Another thing I like about Oystar is those pearls or beads you put on her hair. It's just magnificent how you designed it that way. It adds homage to her aquatic abilities.

Question: How come you have not redesigned She-ra yet?
    ...there you go.

SHE-RA

As anyone can see, iīm a big fan of her toy look. Her outfit is much more appealing to me this way, i love her top and the asymetrical little wing on the right side, instead of of the golden ones Filmation She-Ra has at her chest.
    I also think this looks much more like an armor than the Filmation version does.

The toy tiara is tricky and it took me some time and a lot of research but in the end iīm really happy how it looks on her. Her hair was a lot of work but so much fun and it went trough a lot of versions and length. In the end i decided to go for the toy version length, of course.

I went with the Filmation sword, which is the only real version for me anyway. I wasnīt sure how to pose her with the sword up or not, there was a time there was no sword on the picture but she has to have it so it came back and i chose to golden it up a bit to make it a bit hybrid at least.

I really hope we get a Toy variant of She-Ra in MOTUC and they can call her Queen She-Ra, Battleground She-Ra, Etheria She-Ra or what ever as long as we get her!
    Last edited by Niki; November 9, 2011 at 06:56pm.

Awesome work!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

YAY! A new Niki design! I love the She-Ra! I dig the gold trim at the bottom of her skirt. And there's something about this depiction of the headdress - I know which illustrations you took this from in your research - especially with the neckline ruffles that looks somewhat Elizabethan to me. I love it.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    As they headline says finally here comes my version of:

BOW

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...en/Bowmini.jpg

I tried to stay close to his toy design as i think itīs perfect for him and took some references from the mini comics as i really like them, in there he has no beard but a bit longer hair which i think suits him.

I always liked that his left hand for example was protected by a glove, details like that are always fun to explore!

His cape has been a challenge, first i made it much more glittery, like it is on the toy but than i decided against it, he is shiny enough as he is!

So next up are Josh and She-Ra and i think thatīs it than, maybe iīm doing some rework on my older ones but iīm not sure yet. Letīs see.
    A crazy thought occurred to me and I'm gonna share it with you all: If (and I mean BIG IF) they made a live action She-Ra movie, played it completely straight-faced Filmation styled, and managed to cast Hugh Jackman of all people as Bow, and looking the way Niki drew him above, I'd go and see it (not that big a She-raver TBH) just to see everyone else' reactions to Hugh with red hair, blue tights and a gold chest plate with a beating heart, playing all Wolverine like badass action stances along side a blond chick in a white frilly skirt and a flaying koala-owl thing and a unicorn pegasus. Minds would be officially blown I'd say !

Anyway great job Niki
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    O M G !!! I am in major LOVE with your coloring style and your latest versions of She-Ra and Double Trouble!!! I am such a fan of your work now even more, and I didn't even think that was possible! Your movie redesign based on that old art work is so killer!
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Awesome work!
    Thank you, iīm really enjoying doing it

YAY! A new Niki design! I love the She-Ra! I dig the gold trim at the bottom of her skirt. And there's something about this depiction of the headdress - I know which illustrations you took this from in your research - especially with the neckline ruffles that looks somewhat Elizabethan to me. I love it.
    Thank you! The vintage box arts are my favorites especially the one for Crystal Falls. Itīs astonishing and i really took a lot from that picture, iīm not ashamed. Iīm really grateful for those pieces of art. Since the first i saw them they make me smile feeling me with joy and that it still has that effect on me just by looking at them. I really take a lot inspiration from them

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    A crazy thought occurred to me and I'm gonna share it with you all: If (and I mean BIG IF) they made a live action She-Ra movie, played it completely straight-faced Filmation styled, and managed to cast Hugh Jackman of all people as Bow, and looking the way Niki drew him above, I'd go and see it (not that big a She-raver TBH) just to see everyone else' reactions to Hugh with red hair, blue tights and a gold chest plate with a beating heart, playing all Wolverine like badass action stances along side a blond chick in a white frilly skirt and a flaying koala-owl thing and a unicorn pegasus. Minds would be officially blown I'd say !

Anyway great job Niki
    Hugh Jackman would be awesome, i totally agree with you. I donīt use existing people for the faces, i draw them as i see them in my mind but if you see him when you look at my Bow, feel free to do so and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    O M G !!! I am in major LOVE with your coloring style and your latest versions of She-Ra and Double Trouble!!! I am such a fan of your work now even more, and I didn't even think that was possible! Your movie redesign based on that old art work is so killer!
    Thank you, coloring is difficult for me, iīm not trained at computer coloring and learning it by doing.
    Funny, i didnīt get one single vote at the MOVIE She-Ra challenge, so iīm really grateful that you like her, i was actually very proud of her and still am, so thank you again

WOW!

Octavia, Bow and toy version She-ra! All AWESOME!

Love the detailing you put in all of 'em, especially Bow's! Love it! Love the coloring, love the shading, love the mixture, love it!

- Clarke's Third Law

WOW!

Octavia, Bow and toy version She-ra! All AWESOME!

Love the detailing you put in all of 'em, especially Bow's! Love it! Love the coloring, love the shading, love the mixture, love it!
    Thank you, Bow is a great design (as the FOUR HORSEMEN have profen before me) so it was really fun to work on him and combine different styles and ideas from all the areas(when you look at him you can see Vinatge toy, Filmation and Mini Comic elements!).

When i did She-Ra i realized i never really worked on Adora but i love her, always have and so even though i said i properly stop after She-Ra i couldnīt resist and reinvented Adora for myself:

From the beginning on i constantly mentioned how much i prefer the the Toy designs over Filmation designs.
    DONT GET ME WRONG, Filmation has great designs but i like details and thatīs what their designs simply lacks. Iīm sure if they could have they would have!

But as you all can see i took Adoras Filmation design(since toy Adora is just a tiara-less She-Ra) and made her the rightful heiress to Randor and Marlenna.

Now she is wearing a very similar belt as Queen Marlenna does and she is wearing Randors emblem on the belt and gauntlets.

I also changed her color scheme only because white is her color as well as it is She-ras and many have said in red she kind of looks like a waitress and i agree with those.

My first attempt at digitaly reworking my drawings had been an Adora sketch with slightly different hair. Iīm sticking to that hairdo only changing the length of her hair to a more Princess of Power length, itīs suits the Princess just a little bit better.

Iīm really happy the way she came out in the end

I like the idea of her wearing Randor sigil. I prefer the white shirt on her because it ties her in more visually with Prince Adam.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Nice work Niki, really.

I like the idea of her wearing Randor sigil. I prefer the white shirt on her because it ties her in more visually with Prince Adam.
    I tried that version and in a way you are right, from the twin being point of view but the red leotard really looks like a waitress and i want her to be more royal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nankeiro View Post
    Nice work Niki, really.
    Thank you very much

Iīm working on a little project but itīs a bit more difficult than i thought it would be so i took a break and refreshed Seahawk since there has been a lot of talking about him, i thought why not do some rework on him.

And if someone thought why i chose that pose for Adora well now you know:

They look great together, even better than i thought they would. Match made in heaven...or air or water depends where his ship is at the moment.
    Last edited by Niki; November 29, 2011 at 04:41pm.

When the expression of simplicity is beauty was first came to be, did not know that it will described your take on Adora perfectly!

Just the right amount of red, white and accents of gold mixed splendidly made this Adora your own. Not too lavish or too colorful that hurts the eye, just simple, yet beautiful! The hairstyle is a great addition too.

Note about Octavia: Did a closer and enlarge look on her and had to say. Love that happy Horde symbol on her. Cool beans!

- Clarke's Third Law

When the expression of simplicity is beauty was first came to be, did not know that it will described your take on Adora perfectly!

Just the right amount of red, white and accents of gold mixed splendidly made this Adora your own. Not too lavish or too colorful that hurts the eye, just simple, yet beautiful! The hairstyle is a great addition too.

Note about Octavia: Did a closer and enlarge look on her and had to say. Love that happy Horde symbol on her. Cool beans!
    Thank you, i love to work with colors even though iīm not the best when it comes to computer coloring or shading, Adora was fun to do and i really think she needs to be more of princess than what FILMATION decided for her.

I get the Horde factor but for season two they really could have changed some colors on her the red was to bland for her, if you ask me.

And talking about colors, i reworked on a very colorful gal the past few days, this time i didnt change a lot almost nothing to be honest:

FLUTTERINA

Her wings looked to flat and not live like enough to me, or as they could have looked so i gave them more shading.

Her action figure had so much hair i tried to bring that to the picture as well.

And her skirt of course, that was fun to do, a lot of translucent leaves one on top of the other and than "we" call it a skirt.... but it looks cute and i tried to stay as close to the original as possible.