Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue and DoubleTrouble Sketches

Something very different but i was curious if i can pull it of and how it end up looking in the end but i am surprised how well it worked out and i really like it:

FUTURE EVIL-LYN

I was never so sure about that outfit. For my personal taste it looked to cheap and out of character for, first of all the long her and than the absence of fabric. The Evil-Lyn i have in mind is much to classy for that.

But than i looked at her again and i thought what if she has no other choice, some have to sell their bodies she has to sell her powers.

How she became that desperate...who knows but it would explain that look.

I even toned it down a little bit by adding some fishnet but i wanted everything to look a bit worn out and for the fishnet even broken at some points.

I wanted her to be still beautiful and dangerous but time took its toll on her as well.

The color scheme was interesting as she has none on the sketch so i came up with her usual purple but adding some reds and washed out gold.

First i thought her staff should be wooden but than i came up with ivory or something similar like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niki; July 19, 2012 at 02:22pm. Reason: I used a restricted word so i refraised my writing.

I think you made something cool out of what I felt was a disaster! Nicely done!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think you made something cool out of what I felt was a disaster! Nicely done!
    I had the same feeling first time i saw that picture, iīm sure who ever made that sketch was told to create a sexy version but went way to far and not knowing her character at all.

For my taste sexy is something else but i was told before that i went to far with some of my sketches as well. So hey....thatīs life.

But iīm glad you like it.

Can you tell me how i can make the picture shown big again like the others before the change? I donīt like that small pop up version but canīt seem to find a way to do so....?!

Double trouble looks FANTASTIC! I love the dual blades you gave her and how they connect. They have a cool fantasy feel to them. I'd like to see them add a weapon like that when they make her MOTUC figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Double trouble looks FANTASTIC! I love the dual blades you gave her and how they connect. They have a cool fantasy feel to them. I'd like to see them add a weapon like that when they make her MOTUC figure.
    Thank you, a dual weapon just made sense to me and iīm glad iīm not the only who thinks like that and if i can come up with something like that the FOUR HORSEMEN can do much better. They are much more inventive than i am!

I really love the belt and the sleeves and love that you included her staff too. I've gotta' agree with JafariStew, that I do think a dress/skirt is better on Drissi, not that what you did looks bad, but I feel like it's more character-appropriate. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Drissi should have a skirt imho. She's the girly girl in the NA Universe.

LONG time ago i made a promise to you two that i will think about changing Drissi again but up until now i never found the time but with my He-Man version for the Redesign challenge i thought those two could look good together and so i took the time and brought them together.
    Here is the result i called that picture NA Love:

Last edited by Niki; July 19, 2012 at 02:22pm.

Oh no! I can't seem to get the picture to enlarge.

I can finally access it! YES! That is WAY cuter! LOVE IT!
    Last edited by Kevenn; March 26, 2012 at 10:52pm.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Oh no! I can't seem to get the picture to enlarge.

I can finally access it! YES! That is WAY cuter! LOVE IT!
    Sorry, for the access problems, the new system is not really working for me...

Iīm glad you like it, iīm still thinking the pants made her more mature but she is definitely cuter with the skirt

I had a lot of time the last week and i realized i did a drawing of Catra in 2010 but never really worked on her again.

I looked it up and i sticked to her toy colors which are pink and grey two colors i normally really like but i remembered her Prototype which was red all over and i really like it so i went back my sketch of her and made a red version of her.

Here is the result:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...traRedmini.jpg
    Last edited by Niki; July 14, 2012 at 01:57pm.

I love the toy Catra with the red, Niki! I like that you made her gem green like a cat's eye.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Yay! It's Drissi!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I love the toy Catra with the red, Niki! I like that you made her gem green like a cat's eye.
    I really like the prototype colored Catra and to be fair iīm not the first one who gave her a green gem but since her mask glasses are green, the green gem totally makes sense!

Yay! It's Drissi!
    HA HA HA

Iīm glad i could make you happy!

Red vs Blue

I looked trough my old drawings and realized i havenīt rework two of my favorite characters.

How is that possible?

And since i had some time at hand i used that time to work again on:

SCORPIA

I drew her almost two years ago they way i assumed she could have looked as a Princess of Powers figure back in the 80īs.

I like her with flowing hair kept in a ponytail and so i kept it i even changed her tail back to itīs original FILMATION design.

the other:

FROSTA

I changed a lot at that drawing i have never been satisfied with that picture. She still looks a bit stiff but it suits her nature, reworked her cape and staff, her hair and even her boots. The only thing which is almost the same is her basic outfit.

Iīm still not 100% satisfied but for now iīm happy!
    Last edited by Niki; July 19, 2012 at 02:24pm.

Love your Scorpia! I almost expected her to have black hair for some reason, but the red hair is better. I likw how you added the jewel to her outfit like the other vintage POP characters had.

Frosta looks lovely. I think you did an especially nice job in rendering her wand.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Iīve trying something completley differnet now, i thought of Scorpia and that she would have never been a POP action figure, but if how could she have looked like...
    And so i gave her hair(and i realized, they is no real redhead at the POP characters...) and changed her hordesign into stylized scorpion but the boots i kept very POP style-ish.

and for Radrcks:

For you the uncolored versions of catra and scorpia, have fun coloring and iīm always open for opinins and wishes!!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1278453698

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&d=1278453752
    I LOVE the longer hair on Scorpia. I don't usually like it when people mess with Filmation, but these are awesome.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I also love the fierce weapons you've given Flutterina, Double Trouble and Octavia.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Love your Scorpia! I almost expected her to have black hair for some reason, but the red hair is better. I likw how you added the jewel to her outfit like the other vintage POP characters had.

Frosta looks lovely. I think you did an especially nice job in rendering her wand.
    The very simply reason i never thought her hair is black is the fact Catra has black hair already and as i said before, i realized there is no redhead at POP so i thought itīs time and i also think it fits her perfectly.

I kind of miss the Horde Logo on her outfit myself but i really thought Vintage action figure design so the logo had to be replaced by a scorpian styled outfit and the gem needed to be there of course

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I LOVE the longer hair on Scorpia. I don't usually like it when people mess with Filmation, but these are awesome.

I also love the fierce weapons you've given Flutterina, Double Trouble and Octavia.
    Thank you, i totally understand your point of view i find it difficult sometimes as well if something is changed where i think there was no need for that. So itīs big compliment you gave me there, iīm really honored!

Creating new weapons is more fun than i thought it would be and iīm really glad iīm not the only one enjoying them!

Mini comics girls

I was rereading the Mini comics (AGAIN ) and decided to redesign two of my most wanted characters.

Some time ago i already made a sketch of Princess Maran but to be honest, i wasnīt satisfied and so decided to try it again:

I really went very sterio type with her, in my mind her people arenīt fighters and more peaceful but very athletic. I took that from Prince Dakkon himself who can fight if he needs to but was sent to get He-Man imagening he was their fastest runner.

Since she had a completely pink dress in the mini comic, which was very 80īies princess style, i took some of those ideas and twisted them around trying to keep the original idea but in a very different way.

The other character i always wanted as an action figure was the female Rock People. In the last few weeks i tried to ask Toyguru if this mini comic character and Granita from FILMATION is the same person but i never got an answer...
    So now i assume they are and combined both appearences:

In the mini comic she is pink and yellow and in FLIMATION she was more green with a pink outfit. So i kept the FILMATION idea but added a few details from the minicomic.

Since Rokkon and Stonedar are both kept very silver metallic i chose her to be more golden. I tried to stick with their designs and kept her more square than she was at FILMATION.
    Last edited by Niki; July 19, 2012 at 02:25pm.

Fun stuff as always, I like the Rock Girl illustration very much!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I was rereading the Mini comics (AGAIN ) and decided to redesign two of my most wanted characters.

Some time ago i already made a sketch of Princess Maran but to be honest, i wasnīt satisfied and so decided to try it again:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im.../Maranmini.jpg

I really went very sterio type with her, in my mind her people arenīt fighters and more peaceful but very athletic. I took that from Prince Dakkon himself who can fight if he needs to but was sent to get He-Man imagening he was their fastest runner.

Since she had a completely pink dress in the mini comic, which was very 80īies princess style, i took some of those ideas and twisted them around trying to keep the original idea but in a very different way.

The other character i always wanted as an action figure was the female Rock People. In the last few weeks i tried to ask Toyguru if this mini comic character and Granita from FILMATION is the same person but i never got an answer...
    So now i assume they are and combined both appearences:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...ranitamini.jpg

In the mini comic she is pink and yellow and in FLIMATION she was more green with a pink outfit. So i kept the FILMATION idea but added a few details from the minicomic.

Since Rokkon and Stonedar are both kept very silver metallic i chose her to be more golden. I tried to stick with their designs and kept her more square than she was at FILMATION.
    Cool drawing of Granita! Let's show some love and support for her!!!!

Oh, I quite LOVE the combination Granita!!! I love mixing more colors together. It just looks "right" to me.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Fun stuff as always, I like the Rock Girl illustration very much!
    Thank you, it was fun redesigning both but especially Granita wasnīt easy for and took me quite a while to get it right. But it was fun and challenging

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Cool drawing of Granita! Let's show some love and support for her!!!!
    Thank you for the compliment and of course all the Rock People have all my support! As i said Granita(aka the female Rock Warrior from the mini comic) is a figure i always wanted.

Oh, I quite LOVE the combination Granita!!! I love mixing more colors together. It just looks "right" to me.
    It was fun putting all those designs and details together and i also think the colors do match very well

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Personally I consider Granita to be a separate character from the Rock lady featured in the mini-comic... I guess they could make Granita in MOTUC and then the Rock Lady as a variant....

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Personally I consider Granita to be a separate character from the Rock lady featured in the mini-comic... I guess they could make Granita in MOTUC and then the Rock Lady as a variant....
    To be honest, i considered her as a different character as long as the FILMATION rights werenīt free but now iīm not sure if they would make two rock ladies thatīs why i put both together.

Believe me i would love to see two Rock ladies, the more the better but i guess thatīs a wish that will never come true.

These are really great and you have a whole lot of them to look at I really love flutterina she is a underrated character for sure I love how you did her, and her weapon too! I have to ask what art program are you using, becuase I am trying now to find one to add to my PC so I can do my personal characters in this manner. All these are awsome and no matter what one person says negative, ten more will be positive (As I had read you almost stopped due to 1 person) never stop doing what you love!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelAschamp View Post
    These are really great and you have a whole lot of them to look at I really love flutterina she is a underrated character for sure I love how you did her, and her weapon too! I have to ask what art program are you using, becuase I am trying now to find one to add to my PC so I can do my personal characters in this manner. All these are awsome and no matter what one person says negative, ten more will be positive (As I had read you almost stopped due to 1 person) never stop doing what you love!
    A simple THANK YOU wasnīt enough for your post so i wrote you a pm to thank you in the way you deserve it

Well:

One of the most beloved Mini Comic characters is the strong

RANA

This princess was very native american inspired and some even go further and compare her to Cher.

Her outfit in the mini comic "Slave City" was very revealing, i brought that down a bit and put a little bit more underneath her tunic. I read through the whole comic and took some of Garns armor stripes to give her outfit some more details.

I didnīt really understand the star on her forehead but i like it so i used it for more jewelry to show she is a princess. I even researched shooting star or fallen star and if those are important for native american history or culture but i only found a weird legend about a boy who was called fallen star...

As a weapon i gave her a staff or spear canīt really decide what exactly it is but i wanted to keep it simply and not to advanced.
    Last edited by Niki; July 19, 2012 at 02:26pm.