Thread: Re-issue of Zodak?

Re-issue of Zodak?

Would you buy a re-issue of Zodak if they re-issued him with tattoos that glowed in the dark? Possibly with his throne?
    Last edited by Zargon; July 23, 2010 at 12:46pm.

Zodak's Tattoos do glow in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Really? I don't think that mine do, must not be very bright. I'll check again tonight. If so, AWESOME!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Really? I don't think that mine do, must not be very bright. I'll check again tonight. If so, AWESOME!
    Yeah as far as I know, all Zodak's tattoos glow in the dark.

Either way, I'd probably buy a "refresh" (to use current buzz word) to be completist, but to be honest, I feel the whole Zodac/k thing has pretty much been milked. I'd like to see the time put into new (to Classics) figures instead.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I don't think I'd pick him up for just a repaint. I didn't pick up to DC packs either. Needs to be more of a variant for me (i.e. BA He-man) to justify picking it up.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Bathe it into an electric light beam. My Zodak is less brighter than Scareglow, but it glows after a little "recharge".

Would you buy a re-issue of Zodak if they re-issued him with tatoos that glowed in the dark? Possibly with his throne?
    With the throne yes, but we know that will not happen. All of the reissues have been without any new accessories.
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Nul View Post
    With the throne yes, but we know that will not happen. All of the reissues have been without any new accessories.
    I would be so mad if I had to buy a 2nd Zodak to get a vital accessory like that.

Heroic Warrior
    I would gladly take a new Zodak reissue if they would correct the mistake the made from the 1st figure and include a new headsculpt. He doesnt even have to come with 2 heads if they don't want to alter the packaging. Just swap out the repainted Zodac head with a new headsculpt, with those awesome glowing eyes of his.

For some reason, I remember someone (TG?) saying that Zodak would not be reissued because he took longer to sell out.

Of course, that could be wrong. My memory is famous for being faulty.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd buy one.

I don't care for the character and wasn't around when he was on sale. However, if they did re-issue him I would buy one if Mattycollector let me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    For some reason, I remember someone (TG?) saying that Zodak would not be reissued because he took longer to sell out.

Of course, that could be wrong. My memory is famous for being faulty.
    I also remember TG saying Zodak wasn't going to be re-issued.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    I also remember TG saying Zodak wasn't going to be re-issued.
    i think TG said Zodak is not on the top of the list to be rereleased, but all the figures have a chance to rerelease sometimes down in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I would gladly take a new Zodak reissue if they would correct the mistake the made from the 1st figure and include a new headsculpt. He doesnt even have to come with 2 heads if they don't want to alter the packaging. Just swap out the repainted Zodac head with a new headsculpt, with those awesome glowing eyes of his.
    Quoted in complete agreement.

Please Mattel: new bald Zodak head plus removable helmet.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    They DO glow in the dark! Woo-Hoo! Thanks to everyone who helped clear this up for me. I super charged mine like Kobra Khan suggested and he lit up. Nice pic He-bro.

I doubt Zodac is popular enough to get the proper reissue treatment. However, doing some kind of exclusive set with the throne seems more plausible. They could make the Zodac slightly different enough (Filmation paint scheme) so that some of us are not forced to buy the same exact figure again.)
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

I still think they should do a ZodaC/ZodaK two pack with some extra incentives but others didn't like that idea :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    I still think they should do a ZodaC/ZodaK two pack with some extra incentives but others didn't like that idea :-(
    Those two characters are so easily bought on the secondary market for their retail price, that I would be enraged at them getting released again with exclusive items forcing me to buy those figures again if I want them. That very tactic is what made me quit collecting Star Wars toys - it's such transparently nasty money-grubbing.

I know i see your point I stopped collecting Star Wars too but how else do they/can they re-release the ZodaCKs, without being left with hundreds of unsold figures ??

I would really like it if they released a version of his brother. Pretty simple to do. They could also package an extra Zodak head with him. That would probably attract more people to buy his brother. A few months later, they could re-release Zodak, and more collectors would buy him just to stick the unmasked head on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    I know i see your point I stopped collecting Star Wars too but how else do they/can they re-release the ZodaCKs, without being left with hundreds of unsold figures ??
    They shouldn't rerelease him if that's going to happen! Stop giving them ideas.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Quoted in complete agreement.

Please Mattel: new bald Zodak head plus removable helmet.
    Exactly. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!