Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.40!

Hybrid View

Answers to WTFWTK 2.40!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 40 questions!

This round of questions were selected by zodak74,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. zodak74: Fans are upset that She-Ra can not be shown maskless, due to the hole in her forehead needed in order to keep her classic toy mask on. When it comes time for Catra, will Mattel consider giving Catra two heads? One with the mask, and one with no mask? The "jealous beauty" won't be much of a beauty with a similar hole in her forehead!

We could have easily given She-Ra two non-removable masks. The peg in her head was Mattel going the extra mile by giving fans a third way to display her mask on, by rotating the mask. She was never designed (at least not in this version) to be displayed without a mask.

How Catra will be done remains to be seen. Nothing is locked down yet and these choices are usually made by the Horsemen and design, not marketing.

2. FAKER II: Loose ankles on MOTUC figures are starting to become more common than rare. Is this an issue which Mattel will be addressing in the near future?

Yes, this is something we are very committed to working on and, ideally, fixing permanently.

3. Eterniandreams: On the map of Eternia there is only 1 drawing that isn't named, the mountain surrounded by water north of the Temple of Hordak. It is weird that this is the only landmark on the map without a name. What is this mountain? Was the name forgotten by accident?

That info is yet to be revealed. There is significance, but it is under wraps for now.

4. Scorpia: When Mattel get to Entrapta, have any considerations been made into how best to tackle the character's long hair? (given that this is a vital part of her and that rooted hair has been ruled-out for any characters)

We have not yet begun to tackle Entrapa. She would be a challenge…but a fun one! Maybe one day we will get to her, but no plans for now to confirm.

5. bamf1980: If and when you get to She-Ra variants, would you please consider using the vintage bodice/skirt instead of the Style Guide/Filmation inspired outfit used for the current figure?
    Having seen how awesome the vintage mask looks on her, I'd like to see the rest of the outfit show up at some point. If not on a "regular" She-Ra, then definitely on a Starburst She-Ra.

This is a great suggestion on a She-Ra variant and we do plan to revisit the Princess of Power again one day. However, there’s nothing specific to announce at this time.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 42!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 40 questions!

Interesting.... ENTRAPTA is NOT coming to a toyshelf near you. At least, not for a very long while.

She-Ra variants are planned, down the line. Gooood.

Catra's not ready to be discussed yet. Hmmmm.

The ankle issues are a real pain in the a-nkle. I bought a TRU He-Man, and his right foot was lopsided in it's joint. So, I bought another one. Oh, well. At least I'm supporting the line at retail! What have YOU done for Mattel lately?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    sad about the Entrapta answer, but Freakin Thrilled about the She-Ra outfit answer!

I personally loathe the outfit shes wearing now, the vintage toy design on the bodice was beautiful, and the longer skirt was perfect!

I just hope that when they do release that version, they use the vintage colors.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

As far as I'm concerned, whenever they hint that something is not coming for a LONG time... or "maybe one day," it means that it "IS" coming and probably not too far down the track.

That answer made it sound as though there is a possibility that Entrapta won't be made, yet TG has emphatically, time and again, said that ALL the characters will be made.

I'm really getting tired of these nebulous worry-causing answers.

It not only gives us cause to worry (needlessly), but it gives the vocal opponents of the 200X, NA, and POP lines fodder to argue that this line is all about vintage MOTU.

If Mattel can't/won't comment on something, that's fine, but it shouldn't tease us with comments like the answer with Entrapta.

And as far as discussing Catra, they said how she will be done "remains to be seen." Sure, by us. Not Mattel

I'm curious how they plan to permanently fix the loose joints issue. All I know is that I will NOT be buying corrected versions of figures I already have...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Some of these answers are nice. I also agree with a lot of what BCRDUKE said.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

No matter how vague Matty tries to be, I still choose to believe we will see Catra at SDCC. To give a little benefit of doubt to Matty, with a 6 month production lead time, maybe, just maybe, they are yet to decide between 2 swapable heads or movable cat mask.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, whenever they hint that something is not coming for a LONG time... or "maybe one day," it means that it "IS" coming and probably not too far down the track.

That answer made it sound as though there is a possibility that Entrapta won't be made, yet TG has emphatically, time and again, said that ALL the characters will be made.

I'm really getting tired of these nebulous worry-causing answers.

It not only gives us cause to worry (needlessly), but it gives the vocal opponents of the 200X, NA, and POP lines fodder to argue that this line is all about vintage MOTU.

If Mattel can't/won't comment on something, that's fine, but it shouldn't tease us with comments like the answer with Entrapta.
    I agree, but in all fairness that character will be a tricky concept to pull off. I can't imagine that they have her planned for next year, but then I can't imagine most of those POP girls being on the slate next year. How many trademarks for POP have been registered?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Thank gawd they're open to revisiting She-Ra in her original toy outfit! For awhile there I was worried all the variants would retain the Filmation dress with a new accessory or two.

As for the issue of the hole on certain female characters, I guess I'm just going to take it to the 4H's boards and voice my disapproval there, though shouldn't Mattel have the ability to reject those design choices too?

The issues with the females in particular is giving me a headache...lol

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is my favorite answer #2:

Yes, this is something we are very committed to working on and, ideally, fixing permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    This is my favorite answer #2:

The loose ankle issue was really bothering me. I was considered quitting the line if they don't fix it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Now that they didnt answer what that place is on the map...it's driving me crazy.

Oh and I really hope when/if they do a She-Ra variant it's Starburst She-Ra. I never had one of those back in the day, only the original. Great colors and shinyness on that variant and I love eye-catchers like that.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    kind of lame questions this time around..... nothing much of interest to me....

they can keep any She-ra varients they might make.... if they're part of the sub, that's the only way i'll ever own them. The She-ra they already made is perfect imo. I abhorr the god-awful vintage toy.... and I'm glad to finally have a She-ra toy that looks like She-ra from the show. It sure took damn long enough. Filmation She-ra is the only version I'll EVER need. the rest they can flush down the toilet imho.

entrapta.... who cares? Articulated plastic hair would be best... no rubbery crap with wires please... I want something that's going to last, not something that'll break in a couple months. at any rate there's alot of more prominent POP characters they can make first.

lose ankles? no biggie, nothing that a little superglue can't fix if it's such a big issue. I like having the option of ankle articulation & I'd be furious if they took that articulation away. Some figures do need it for balancing, as we've seen from the 200x line... alot of those figures fell over because they lacked ankle joints & were preposed. all they need to do is find a way to make the ankle joints tighter & stay that way.

the 'unmarked' area on the map.... also something I couldn't care less about. A wasted question imo.... give us info about upcoming figures, not this lame crap about what's not labeled on the map. To me, it's all about the toys. Everything else is secondary or irrelevant.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    the 'unmarked' area on the map.... also something I couldn't care less about. A wasted question imo.... give us info about upcoming figures, not this lame crap about what's not labeled on the map. To me, it's all about the toys. Everything else is secondary or irrelevant.
    Yeah, but asking about what figures are coming, you know the answers we get. I mean, I hope in the next WTFWTK we'll get a hint from one of the questions, but the reality is it doesn't usually work like that for us.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Well Multibot,

Better luck for you next time.
    But questions about future toys won't be answered anyway.
    I personally like to know more about the MOTUC canon.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Yeah, but asking about what figures are coming, you know the answers we get. I mean, I hope in the next WTFWTK we'll get a hint from one of the questions, but the reality is it doesn't usually work like that for us.
    true... to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Well Multibot,

Better luck for you next time.
    But questions about future toys won't be answered anyway.
    I personally like to know more about the MOTUC canon.
    well, if enough of us keep asking untill we get the answers we want, then maybe we will. Sometimes they do give us info on upcoming toys, like Swift Wind for late next year, (they even want to know if we want him white or pink) or Grizzlor who is coming this year. And they've told us a long time ago about Faceless One coming next year. I guess it seems they give us info on the future figures when we DON'T ask. maybe it helps not to ask questions...

for me, the 'canon' comes with the figures regardless, so I don't see the need to ask about something that's a sure thing. We know every figure will have a bio, so i can wait to read those as they come. what figures are coming isn't a sure thing, which is why i do see the need to ask. such as, are Ramman & king hiss coming anytime soon? or will they be left for last, or never? will there be any snakemen for next year? any more horde members or NA characters for next year? this is all stuff they can answer without giving away any specific names.

I know we'll see alot of reveals for SDCC, but the anticipation part of it sucks. They seem to enjoy making us suffer in anticipation... i guess that's what makes it fun & exciting though.
    For me, I like to know what's coming out & then wait for it to arrive on my doorstep. I really hope Clawful & Buzz-off are in the plans for next year (or sooner). at least i know with the sub i'll have no problem getting everything (the exclusives will be costly though).
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

entrapta.... who cares?
    Are you trying to say Entrapta is unimportant?

But looking at the answer to that question, it could very well be something related to the upcoming figures.

Sounds like you're not gonna like my 25th Anniversary POP DVD question next round.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Are you trying to say Entrapta is unimportant?

But looking at the answer to that question, it could very well be something related to the upcoming figures.
    yeah, i guess you're right.... I suppose it could lead to some info on upcoming figures... i just find it odd they'd leave something unmarked on the map. but then again, i guess i wouldn't have noticed if nobody had pointed it out. I've only looked at that thing a couple times then folded it back up & set it on my shelf.

As for Entrapta... isn't she regarded as a 3rd tier character? kind of like Snout Spout? I'm sure they could make a fabulous figure of her, with articulated hair to grab people with, like Queen Sindel from Mortal kombat. she could very well be an awesome figure! and we do need more lady villans, Evil lynn is kind of a minority in that department.

but to me, character wise, she's not nearly as important as Sorceress, Catra, Frosta, myp Evil lynn, Glimmer, Angella, shadow weaver, etc.
    anyway, it'll be interesting to see how they make Entrapta when they get to her. Maybe she'll be in the plans for 2012 or something.... but she's not at the top of my most wanted list by any means.

25th ann. pop dvd? Well I already have the series on dvd, so i won't be buying any of those a second time. I'm sure any big fan of motu & pop also already has those dvd sets. And those are still avalible in most big dvd retailers, so I don't see the need to release them again.
    Hopefully they have something special planned for the 25th ann of POP, but i wouldn't hold my breath on it.