Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--Summer 2010

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    How do you think I feel??????

Ive just clicked over 2000 and ive only been here 15 months!!!!

I gotta get a life!
    Naw, I just need to get my game up.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Naw, I just need to get my game up.
    Who currently has the largest number of posts? I haven't even been here 2 years, but it is my dream to beat that number.

(my parents always taught me to dream big.)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Who currently has the largest number of posts? I haven't even been here 2 years, but it is my dream to beat that number.

This is gonna turn into the old facebook game 'He who has the most friends WINS facebook!'

Most posts wins the forums!!!!!!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

This is gonna turn into the old facebook game 'He who has the most friends WINS facebook!'

Most posts wins the forums!!!!!!
    Who has time for friends when I spend so much time on this website? If this site ever closes, I'll finally have time to write that novel.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm not sure, but Tallstar would definitely be a front runner...unless his computer crashes...

I'm just JOSHing! (hidden PoP joke).

Who has time for friends when I spend so much time on this website? If this site ever closes, I'll finally have time to write that novel.
    I know, I would have to re-enter society!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I know, I would have to re-enter society!
    I tried that once.....The guy on the bus confiscated my power sword!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    All ya gotta do is sort the member list by posts...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rt=posts&pp=30
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

Damn! You're in the Top 10 and I don't show up until the 5th page. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Maybe if I cut out showers & only eat a few times a week.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I tried that once.....The guy on the bus confiscated my power sword!
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

Neato!

Damn! You're in the Top 10 and I don't show up until the 5th page. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Maybe if I cut out showers & only eat a few times a week.
    I show up on page 3! WEEE!

Val is number 1, I KNEW it!

I show up on page 3! WEEE!

Val is number 1, I KNEW it!
    The weird thing is I don't recognize a lot of the names. Either they only appear on the fan art/customs/marketplace sections(those are the only ones I don't frequent) or they stopped posting as much they once did before I started coming here.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The weird thing is I don't recognize a lot of the names. Either they only appear on the fan art/customs/marketplace sections(those are the only ones I don't frequent) or they stopped posting as much they once did before I started coming here.
    I noticed that! I never go into other forums, so i assumed they are mainly in those. of the 1st 15 I assumed some of them are mods in the other forums, Ive never heard of the shadow or the guy with 'stitch' as his avatar!

[/CENTER]

I noticed that! I never go into other forums, so i assumed they are mainly in those. of the 1st 15 I assumed some of them are mods in the other forums, Ive never heard of the shadow or the guy with 'stitch' as his avatar!
    Yeah, me too. I recognize almost everyone from page 1 and 2...then it goes downhill very quickly.

Some newer people post too much for their own good.

Some people obviously have reasons for their number of posts and people want to hear from those users. Some just post for the sake of posting.

I thought post count stuff died ages ago. I actually prefer when forums block post counts.

Were Keldor and Randor a duo like Anakin and Obi-Wan?

Q: The Count Marzo bio hints at the idea the Keldor and Randor might have had a relationship similar to Obi-Wan and Anakin from the Star Wars Prequel movies before Keldor went bad. Was their team-up against Marzo a one-time thing or did the two brothers fight evil together under King Miro?

A: They were a dynamic duo against evil for quite a while. But had more of a sibling relationship and not a teacher/student relationship like in the SW example you mention.
    Wow! This answer opens up the question as to what did Keldor look like (i.e. what costume) when he was heroic Prince Keldor?

I have Prince Keldor displayed in my collection as capeless Keldor weilding the blue weapons pak sword and shield. However, I really prefer the look of Prince Keldor with Keldor's head on Faker's body (metallic armbands and belt, furry boots, orange armor). I'm so kicking myself I didn't buy a re-issue Faker to kit-bash and create this look with but the idea never occured to me until I had 2 Keldors in hand and switched one's cape to a Skeletor figure. I have always wondered why Faker's armor was orange and it would explain it if that was Keldor's original, youthful & colourful armor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

woo hoo I'm in the top 1,000 at least
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    STOP! You're just posting for the sake of posting!

Oh wait! Me telling you that you're just posting for the sake of posting is me sorta posting for the sake of posting just to tell you that you're posting for the sake of posting.

Why am I posting again?

Where am I???

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    I thought post count stuff died ages ago. I actually prefer when forums block post counts.
    I just find the post-count stuff interesting. If I REALLY cared about getting my post count up, I wouldn't do my "infamous" replies to 10+ people in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wow! This answer opens up the question as to what did Keldor look like (i.e. what costume) when he was heroic Prince Keldor?
    I never thought about that. I figured it was just the same outfit, but you're right, it probably was different. We only see him after he's out of the royal pack. Good question!

STOP! You're just posting for the sake of posting!

Oh wait! Me telling you that you're just posting for the sake of posting is me sorta posting for the sake of posting just to tell you that you're posting for the sake of posting.

Why am I posting again?

Where am I???

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    hehehe! (thats a valid laugh...not just a feeble attempt to catch up!)

[/CENTER]

I thought that was funny too.

On an unrelated note I can't BELIEVE you're creeping towards 21 000 posts!
    I know! When I joined up in 2001, I never thought that almost 9 years later I would practically be ruling the forums. Bow down!

Ah so many gifs I could be using right about now.

Over 20,000 posts?!?

Sheesh. I must be on the last page. Val and Tallstar are on here more than I am at work! I guess I just tune in and watch more than I post, which is fairly odd seeing as how long I have been on the forum.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I've been here since right before the 200X line launched and I'm only sitting at over a thousand posts. My account got deleted and reset once but I'd still be under 2000 if those posts were included.

Oh I just noticed new heads are back on the table (for the moment). First 200X He-Man then this. I wonder if they've actually made up their minds about anything.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Brian-Man
    Matty Member

Posted July 13, 2010 09:27 AM
    I got charged sales tax on my SDCC pre-sale order today.
    Granted, I'm a CA resident, but isn't the sales tax usually included in the price on the convention exclusive items?
    Will you be charging sales tax for items being purchased at the booth during the show?
    Is this a mistake?
    If it is a mistake, should I expect a refund?

BTW, TG, since we are unable to respond in this portion of the forum, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these questions.
    And thanks for adjusting the Mo-Larr price issue so quickly.

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted July 16, 2010 07:48 PM
    If you buy the figures online you are charged tax on top of the purchase price. It was one of the logistics of the sale, but in return you don't need to wait in line. Seems like a fair trade off.
    Here's the pre-sale tax question in it's entirety as I posted it in the Ask Matty section of the Matty forums. Since we can't respond on that forum and MGM has included TG's answer here, here's my response.

Once again it seems they've answered a question without fully researching it.
    I have come to hate the word logistics. He (TG) can be kind of snide when he answers questions. I wonder if he even knows what he's talking about when it comes to the tax discrepancies that seem to plague them.
    I know of at least 9 people that ordered on pre-sale day in SoCal that did not get charged tax. This alone leads me to hold no merit to TG's answer.

So rather than having me stand in line at their booth for hours for free. They've been nice enough to charge me almost $20 in a "logistic" and IMO underhanded "fair trade off".
    Plus, I'm betting there's a line to pick up the pre-sale items. Am I getting refunded a pro-rated tax based on the time I spend in that line. Probably not because we were informed absolutely no refunds. But we were never informed all pre-sale prices are subject to sales tax. Until the charge appeared on the billing page of course.
    Bottom line, I feel Matty stole $20 of my hard earned money.

Last time I caught someone stealing from me, my wife and I walked into our apartment to find a burglar. He didn't make it to the front yard. He did leave in handcuffs with a broken collarbone, a dislocated shoulder, 3 broken fingers, a broken nose, and 4 fewer teeth than he started with. All courtesy of yours truly. Blue collar way to handle a blue collar thief.

For the White collar or corporate variety, I'm not so brutal. I'll forward this on to the BBB, my company's tax attorney, the California State Franchise Tax Board, Digital River and Mattel's corporate and legal offices.

If I'm wrong and tax was due, fine and dandy, it's been paid. But if I'm right, I want my money back.

Just in case TG reads this... Because while you may have thought you were being cute or clever, all you really succeeded in doing is raising the ire of a very loyal customer. A customer that could just as easily quit buying your product as he started buying it. This might have been a more professional, less snarky response.

"Unfortunately, due to the nature of online sales, we were required by law to charge sales tax on the items included in the pre-sale.
    There will be no sales tax charged on items sold at the Mattel booth during the show. It may seem contradictory, but it was necessary to allow the pre-sale to happen.
    We apologize for any misleading information that may have stated otherwise or omitted this part of the process. Going forward we will make an effort to inform customers of all charges included with a sale of this nature."

Had that been the response I received to my questions then this post wouldn't even exist. Hell, if you'd just left off the last little "seems like a fair trade off" line and added something similar to the last 2 sentences of my suggested response. That would have been swell and I'd really have no reason to retort.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

I am probably on the forums a bit more than the average person, but I think post counts in general can be somewhat deceiving.

I mean, if you were to look at all of my 20,000+ posts, I'd say that over half of them are quick-fire responses/comments that take a minute or less to come up with and submit. A good few hundred posts alone have probably been spent going back 'n forth with folks in the countdown threads every month when a figure goes up for sale with gems like: "I'm scared!", "I'm freaking out!" etc. and posting gifs

On the flip side, someone with 1,000 posts could be spending a lot of time on here too, but maybe feels the need to come up with something insightful every time.

I'm not like that. ha!

Don't get me wrong, I think I have my moments of being insightful/detailed --and I can be when it's a really important topic-- but I'm not at all conservative or measured with my posts, nor do I really even pay that much attention to how much I post. I just do it...whenever. That's a big part of the fun.

Anyhoo...got really off topic there. hehe
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 18, 2010 at 01:52pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    Here's the pre-sale tax question in it's entirety as I posted it in the Ask Matty section of the Matty forums. Since we can't respond on that forum and MGM has included TG's answer here, here's my response.

Once again it seems they've answered a question without fully researching it.
    I have come to hate the word logistics. He (TG) can be kind of snide when he answers questions. I wonder if he even knows what he's talking about when it comes to the tax discrepancies that seem to plague them.
    I know of at least 9 people that ordered on pre-sale day in SoCal that did not get charged tax. This alone leads me to hold no merit to TG's answer.

So rather than having me stand in line at their booth for hours for free. They've been nice enough to charge me almost $20 in a "logistic" and IMO underhanded "fair trade off".
    Plus, I'm betting there's a line to pick up the pre-sale items. Am I getting refunded a pro-rated tax based on the time I spend in that line. Probably not because we were informed absolutely no refunds. But we were never informed all pre-sale prices are subject to sales tax. Until the charge appeared on the billing page of course.
    Bottom line, I feel Matty stole $20 of my hard earned money.

Last time I caught someone stealing from me, my wife and I walked into our apartment to find a burglar. He didn't make it to the front yard. He did leave in handcuffs with a broken collarbone, a dislocated shoulder, 3 broken fingers, a broken nose, and 4 fewer teeth than he started with. All courtesy of yours truly. Blue collar way to handle a blue collar thief.

For the White collar or corporate variety, I'm not so brutal. I'll forward this on to the BBB, my company's tax attorney, the California State Franchise Tax Board, Digital River and Mattel's corporate and legal offices.

If I'm wrong and tax was due, fine and dandy, it's been paid. But if I'm right, I want my money back.

Just in case TG reads this... Because while you may have thought you were being cute or clever, all you really succeeded in doing is raising the ire of a very loyal customer. A customer that could just as easily quit buying your product as he started buying it. This might have been a more professional, less snarky response.

"Unfortunately, due to the nature of online sales, we were required by law to charge sales tax on the items included in the pre-sale.
    There will be no sales tax charged on items sold at the Mattel booth during the show. It may seem contradictory, but it was necessary to allow the pre-sale to happen.
    We apologize for any misleading information that may have stated otherwise or omitted this part of the process. Going forward we will make an effort to inform customers of all charges included with a sale of this nature."

Had that been the response I received to my questions then this post wouldn't even exist. Hell, if you'd just left off the last little "seems like a fair trade off" line and added something similar to the last 2 sentences of my suggested response. That would have been swell and I'd really have no reason to retort.
    From what I know, they do add sales tax at the convention.

Also, to be fair, TG never said there wouldn't be a line to pick up pre-orders, just that it would likely be faster than standing on the line to buy them.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New questions are up! Thanks to RockinHard!