Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--Summer 2010

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I know...I'm going to have to catch up with a million posts about 200X heads tomorrow morning.

If you want to discuss them before I put them up, you can do so.
    Yeah, he has been answering a "bus load" of questions. He answered three of mine recently!

- No rolled Etheria map because it's too expensive = boo.
    - Adora skin tone, brighter gold, truer white colours all possible on a She-Ra re-issue and suggestion was passed along to design team = AWESOME!
    - Darius is fully capable in MOTUC = Yay!
    - Mara still in legal limbo =
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mad new stuff is up!

That Mantenna question sends a shiver down my spine.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Mad new stuff is up!

That Mantenna question sends a shiver down my spine.
    Considering Buzz-Off & Webstor both have extra arms that the vintage toys never had, I'd be shocked if the MOTUC Mantenna had legs similar to the vintage design.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Mantenna always had four legs. It's just that due to cost concerns, on his toy those legs were fused into two legs. Same reason vintage Mantenna can't turn his head, really, it was impossible to do at the time with the action feature.

To Quote Phoenix Wright:

Q: one has teeth pointing down. one has teeth pointing up.

One has no headgear. One has headgear.

How is this not a compelling enough reason to give him his other head?

Would it be possible to get the other head in a future weapon pack or with an upcoming horde char that had fewer accessories? Surely the only reason the extra head for grizzlor was only cut due to budget and not one made by the creative team?

I can completely understand why buzz off and roboto don't get alternate heads, but grizzlor's is DRASTICALLY different

A: It is not a matter of not being compelling, it a matter of not being accounted for in the start of the year when we set our tooling budget. The Horsemen often sculpt more parts then are requested and often these parts therefore can't make the cut.

We do our best to not show these parts to the public, but sometimes slips ups happen and an image is shown (which leads to confusion).
    But...
    Q: Would Queen Marlena be eligible for two heads? A mini-comic head or a MYP head? Or will it only be one version of her?

A: It depends on how we execute her. If there is a compelling reason to do two heads we will do them. It is the same standard we apply to all figures.
    In other words... I smell more Mattel BS at work here.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

They're going to execute Queen Marlena?! All this talk of two heads, look what you've all done!!!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    They're going to execute Queen Marlena?! All this talk of two heads, look what you've all done!!!
    Well, maybe they decided some figures don't even need ONE head?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm beginning to suspect that someone actually really really wants that extra Grizzlor face produced and is trying to build up the fan demand to justify it. Which is totally fine by me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Quote:
    Q: one has teeth pointing down. one has teeth pointing up.

One has no headgear. One has headgear.

How is this not a compelling enough reason to give him his other head?

Would it be possible to get the other head in a future weapon pack or with an upcoming horde char that had fewer accessories? Surely the only reason the extra head for grizzlor was only cut due to budget and not one made by the creative team?

I can completely understand why buzz off and roboto don't get alternate heads, but grizzlor's is DRASTICALLY different

A: It is not a matter of not being compelling, it a matter of not being accounted for in the start of the year when we set our tooling budget. The Horsemen often sculpt more parts then are requested and often these parts therefore can't make the cut.

We do our best to not show these parts to the public, but sometimes slips ups happen and an image is shown (which leads to confusion).
    But...

Quote:
    Q: Would Queen Marlena be eligible for two heads? A mini-comic head or a MYP head? Or will it only be one version of her?

A: It depends on how we execute her. If there is a compelling reason to do two heads we will do them. It is the same standard we apply to all figures.

In other words... I smell more Mattel BS at work here.
    I just smell people pulling apart every word TG says. The second quote says they need a really good, "compelling", reason to do a 2nd head. The first quote is just saying that whether the 2nd face was complelling or not was besides the point at that stage because the face was not budgeted in. He probably didn't think the 2nd face was complelling enough, when he's also said there's a limited # of 2nd head/faces they can do in a year, but somehow I doubt that argument would have gone over well with fans either.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Well, maybe they decided some figures don't even need ONE head?
    Yeah I mean She-Ra didn't even come with her head attached. All we know is that every character will be getting one head... somewhere in the package.

And as for the 'compelling' thing, I think it's just Matty's tactful way of saying that they're going to do what they want when they want no matter what.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

I'm always amazed by the amount of "When are we getting this character" questions asked. We all know they're not going to answer that, and I'm always afraid it took the spot of a more interesting question

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I just smell people pulling apart every word TG says. The second quote says they need a really good, "compelling", reason to do a 2nd head. The first quote is just saying that whether the 2nd face was complelling or not was besides the point at that stage because the face was not budgeted in. He probably didn't think the 2nd face was complelling enough, when he's also said there's a limited # of 2nd head/faces they can do in a year, but somehow I doubt that argument would have gone over well with fans either.
    I'm not really tearing up what he says. Just pointing out another huge contradiction on "Mattel's logic". (Don't know if he believes what he's saying or if he's just passing along the answers from The Powers that be.)

Point still stands. 2nd Heads do not need to have a compelling enough reason to do them. Its simple Mattel BS used to avoid the real reason for the lack of heads: Cost-Cutting.

We were told to choose heads or mini comics, heads won the poll. Where are the heads?

-Keldor: The only Keldor figure made before MOTUC had 3 heads. Keldor, Burning face and Skeletor head. I can understand Mattel not having The Skeletor head on Keldor since we already have 2 or 3 Skeletors around (Toothless Skelly being #3.) Adding another Skeletor head is not compelling enough. On the other hand Burning face is compelling enough to have yet it wasn't made.
    -Zodak: Being a bonus figure sucks. His 200X toy could be unmasked. Not his MOTUC fig. He looks completely different unmasked... No head... not compelling enough.
    -Grizzlor: Oh wait... We know how that went.

"Really Compelling" heads we've gotten
    -Optikk's Green Eye vs. Orange Eye: Couldn't the same effect be achieved with a swappable iris? (Nothing against NA fans)
    -Smiling Adam vs Standard He-Man head: Did we REALLY NEED a Smiling Adam head? (I'll admit it looks good, but there is no real reason for having TWO HEADS.)
    -Stache vs Shaved MAA: There's not that much of a difference... Maybe a lot less than Grizzlor.

If ALL the answers to alternate heads were like Grizzlor's I'd be OK with it. (I might not like the answer, but there's consistency.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    I'm always amazed by the amount of "When are we getting this character" questions asked. We all know they're not going to answer that, and I'm always afraid it took the spot of a more interesting question
    That is true. I cringe when I see the same type of questions over and over again knowing that they will bring the same answers.

However, I do feel that those kinda questions do actually serve a purpose though. It puts those characters out there in Mattel's view so hopefully they know there is a demand for them. Especially for the more obscure, not so A-list figures.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That is true. I cringe when I see the same type of questions over and over again knowing that they will bring the same answers.
    If we're going to ask questions that we know ToyGuru isn't going to answer, they should at least be unique. I'm thinking of asking him "what are you wearing" and "where do you live".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    Maybe those are from excited new fans who don't know not to ask those questions.

It's sorta like how we have age old debates return on the .org from time to time such as "I don't like POP in my subscription" or "Why do you guys hate 200X?" Most often, these are started by new fans...or at least fans new to the .org.

I do get the feeling that Mattel's PR people cringe at certain "notorious regulars" who are pretty experienced in asking Mattel the "tough" questions.

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Maybe those are from excited new fans who don't know not to ask those questions.

It's sorta like how we have age old debates return on the .org from time to time such as "I don't like POP in my subscription" or "Why do you guys hate 200X?" Most often, these are started by new fans...or at least fans new to the .org.

I do get the feeling that Mattel's PR people cringe at certain "notorious regulars" who are pretty experienced in asking Mattel the "tough" questions.
    Yeah, I think they prefer getting the "When are we going to see Ram-Man?" questions opposed to "Why are the ankles always loose?" and stuff like that...because they always just say "We can't reveal anything past King Hiss at this time."

They probably have an answer sheet they cut and paste most answers from.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'm not really tearing up what he says. Just pointing out another huge contradiction on "Mattel's logic". (Don't know if he believes what he's saying or if he's just passing along the answers from The Powers that be.)

Point still stands. 2nd Heads do not need to have a compelling enough reason to do them. Its simple Mattel BS used to avoid the real reason for the lack of heads: Cost-Cutting.

We were told to choose heads or mini comics, heads won the poll. Where are the heads?

-Keldor: The only Keldor figure made before MOTUC had 3 heads. Keldor, Burning face and Skeletor head. I can understand Mattel not having The Skeletor head on Keldor since we already have 2 or 3 Skeletors around (Toothless Skelly being #3.) Adding another Skeletor head is not compelling enough. On the other hand Burning face is compelling enough to have yet it wasn't made.
    -Zodak: Being a bonus figure sucks. His 200X toy could be unmasked. Not his MOTUC fig. He looks completely different unmasked... No head... not compelling enough.
    -Grizzlor: Oh wait... We know how that went.

"Really Compelling" heads we've gotten
    -Optikk's Green Eye vs. Orange Eye: Couldn't the same effect be achieved with a swappable iris? (Nothing against NA fans)
    -Smiling Adam vs Standard He-Man head: Did we REALLY NEED a Smiling Adam head? (I'll admit it looks good, but there is no real reason for having TWO HEADS.)
    -Stache vs Shaved MAA: There's not that much of a difference... Maybe a lot less than Grizzlor.

If ALL the answers to alternate heads were like Grizzlor's I'd be OK with it. (I might not like the answer, but there's consistency.)
    We got 6 2nd heads this year. In the first 3 months of 2011 alone we're getting a 2nd head and an entire 2nd torso. That's not bad at all IMO.

Toyguru did imply that they'd be cutting down on 2nd heads. If that happens, I'll be disappointed too. However, that hasn't happened yet so I think it's a little premature to get too upset.

BTW, I think Adam was a great example of a "compelling" need for 2 heads. He got the exact same head as He-Man, just like the vintage, plus a 2nd head which feels more like Adam. TG did say that any character who's 1st head is just a repaint, like Stinkor, will get a 2nd head. Adam's 1st head is even worse than a repaint, it's the EXACT same head as He-Man!
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

New questions are up!

OMG @ the 2-Packs coming in the Fall! This whole time I've been thinking they would start up in 2011 for some reason.

Pretty much if a figure sold out fast you can assume one day we will do a re-release.
    Oh man, I really wish I knew how Mattel define "fast" now. Under 1 hour? Under 30 minutes?

Also, makes sense to have 4 2-packs this year and 4 the next. Nice symmetry.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    OMG @ the 2-Packs coming in the Fall! This whole time I've been thinking they would start up in 2011 for some reason.
    That's probably because they announced them as part of "6 2-packs in 2011".
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    he just posted new answers!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Refering to what Toyguru told me in Ask Matty.... Mattel didn't have the right for the UK Comics characters and we cannot have Horde Prime at this time

Originally posted by Arvulis

Hello Scott,

Sorry for bothering you again and for your time

Is "HordePrime"/"HordeSupreme" doable like the version we can see in the UK Comic ?
    Or something different ? More huge ???
    Figure or Beast ??

If you made the Awesome Vikor, we should get Demo-man and Horde Supreme

UK COMIC Version of Horde Supreme :

Originally posted by ToyGuru
    No, we do not have access to the UK comic characters at this time.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    With those AND Battle Cat coming back before the end of 2010 ON TOP OF all the stuff that is scheduled to come out, my MOTUC budget is going to be taking a beating this Q4. or don't even know which smiley to give that.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    With those AND Battle Cat coming back before the end of 2010 ON TOP OF all the stuff that is scheduled to come out, my MOTUC budget is going to be taking a beating this Q4. or don't even know which smiley to give that.
    You and me both. I am also in dire need of Battle Cat. This is gonna be savage regardless of which month they place that reissue, but November (KG redeco) and December (Royal Guards) would probably be the worst