Thread: Seeking MOTU selling advice/experiences from the elders of Eternia

Seeking MOTU selling advice/experiences from the elders of Eternia

Hi all,

I have a decent collection of vintage loose MOTU figures accumulated from childhood holiday gifts and Bdays, most of the figures not being in the mintiest of shape.

Hoping to get people's advice/experiences with selling MOTU figures... in general, where do you draw the line between a sell-able figure with some wear&tear, and a 'chuck that beat-up POS in the trash' figure.

Common example: Mekaneck 100% complete, with some boot/face/armor scuffs
    Extreme example: a near-mint Spikor... with no legs
    Ridiculous example: He-Man... with no body

( Serious advice wanted, but horror stories are also more than encouraged... )

Thx,
    Brian

I think you kinda answered your own question. If your figures look like they should be in the trash then put them in the trash. If your figures have minor paint wear then tell that to the people interested in buying the figure. Take clear pictures and let people be the judge of the condition.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia_box View Post
    Hi all,

I have a decent collection of vintage loose MOTU figures accumulated from childhood holiday gifts and Bdays, most of the figures not being in the mintiest of shape.

Hoping to get people's advice/experiences with selling MOTU figures... in general, where do you draw the line between a sell-able figure with some wear&tear, and a 'chuck that beat-up POS in the trash' figure.

Common example: Mekaneck 100% complete, with some boot/face/armor scuffs
    Extreme example: a near-mint Spikor... with no legs
    Ridiculous example: He-Man... with no body

( Serious advice wanted, but horror stories are also more than encouraged... )

Thx,
    Brian
    My opinion on this would be the following.

figures with paint wear = sell them as such. with full details and pictures

figures missing limbs sell them in a parts lot for use as either custom figure builders, or to help people with missing arms/legs/etc fix theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    I think you kinda answered your own question. If your figures look like they should be in the trash then put them in the trash. If your figures have minor paint wear then tell that to the people interested in buying the figure. Take clear pictures and let people be the judge of the condition.
    Yeah, that's where I'm stuck. To spend time on photos & ebay listings, or not. Did Mekaneck this a.m. for an example (see pics). Sell-able, or no?

My first active collection was early 90s X-men figures, but Marvel pumped them out in such huge numbers that only boxed/mint figures have any real demand anymore.

I've been Marvel-warped into the mindset of:

• mint/boxed = value,
    • less than mint = dog bone

(Pretty sure that legless-Spikor is my dog's dream chew toy, tho.)

Any MOTU collectors out there who bring less-than-perfect figures into their collections? What's the worst condition figure you have?

Heroic Warrior
    If you want to photograph every flaw of the figure its ok, but you can specify it in written description which is fine too (paint discoloration, loose joints, worn attachments etc)

A buyer CANNOT claim something to you because you were responsible as a seller in mentioning the quality of the figure.

also, if you have broken figs you can go here and offer them. there are a lot of ppl that build custom figures

btw: im looking for mekaneks' weapon

* Please read forum rules regarding back to back posts, Thanks *

Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    If you want to photograph every flaw of the figure its ok, but you can specify it in written description which is fine too (paint discoloration, loose joints, worn attachments etc)

A buyer CANNOT claim something to you because you were responsible as a seller in mentioning the quality of the figure.

also, if you have broken figs you can go here and offer them. there are a lot of ppl that build custom figures

Amazing. Been looking around at all the custom figures-- didn't know anything about this before. There's some d*mn skilled customizers on here.

Thanks for the tips.

I have several mint loose figures as well (Scare Glow, Faker, 'Ultimate Battleground' comic, etc), those I'll be putting up on ebay in the next couple weeks. I'll start a new thread and post the links.

The broken guys I'll put together a list and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    Did you find a Mekaneck mace yet? I was browsing through some posts yesterday and ran across one for sale here for $2:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=182357

Might be worth a PM to see if he still has it.