Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Seeking MOTU selling advice/experiences from the elders of Eternia

  1. #1
    Widget nostalgia_box's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    10

    Seeking MOTU selling advice/experiences from the elders of Eternia

    Hi all,

    I have a decent collection of vintage loose MOTU figures accumulated from childhood holiday gifts and Bdays, most of the figures not being in the mintiest of shape.

    Hoping to get people's advice/experiences with selling MOTU figures... in general, where do you draw the line between a sell-able figure with some wear&tear, and a 'chuck that beat-up POS in the trash' figure.

    Common example: Mekaneck 100% complete, with some boot/face/armor scuffs
    Extreme example: a near-mint Spikor... with no legs
    Ridiculous example: He-Man... with no body

    ( Serious advice wanted, but horror stories are also more than encouraged... )

    Thx,
    Brian

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior ByThePowerOf...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    530
    I think you kinda answered your own question. If your figures look like they should be in the trash then put them in the trash. If your figures have minor paint wear then tell that to the people interested in buying the figure. Take clear pictures and let people be the judge of the condition.

  3. #3
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia_box View Post
    Hi all,

    I have a decent collection of vintage loose MOTU figures accumulated from childhood holiday gifts and Bdays, most of the figures not being in the mintiest of shape.

    Hoping to get people's advice/experiences with selling MOTU figures... in general, where do you draw the line between a sell-able figure with some wear&tear, and a 'chuck that beat-up POS in the trash' figure.

    Common example: Mekaneck 100% complete, with some boot/face/armor scuffs
    Extreme example: a near-mint Spikor... with no legs
    Ridiculous example: He-Man... with no body

    ( Serious advice wanted, but horror stories are also more than encouraged... )

    Thx,
    Brian
    My opinion on this would be the following.

    figures with paint wear = sell them as such. with full details and pictures

    figures missing limbs sell them in a parts lot for use as either custom figure builders, or to help people with missing arms/legs/etc fix theirs.

  4. #4
    Widget nostalgia_box's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    I think you kinda answered your own question. If your figures look like they should be in the trash then put them in the trash. If your figures have minor paint wear then tell that to the people interested in buying the figure. Take clear pictures and let people be the judge of the condition.
    Yeah, that's where I'm stuck. To spend time on photos & ebay listings, or not. Did Mekaneck this a.m. for an example (see pics). Sell-able, or no?

    My first active collection was early 90s X-men figures, but Marvel pumped them out in such huge numbers that only boxed/mint figures have any real demand anymore.

    I've been Marvel-warped into the mindset of:

    • mint/boxed = value,
    • less than mint = dog bone


    (Pretty sure that legless-Spikor is my dog's dream chew toy, tho.)

    Any MOTU collectors out there who bring less-than-perfect figures into their collections? What's the worst condition figure you have?

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    puerto rico
    Posts
    624
    If you want to photograph every flaw of the figure its ok, but you can specify it in written description which is fine too (paint discoloration, loose joints, worn attachments etc)

    A buyer CANNOT claim something to you because you were responsible as a seller in mentioning the quality of the figure.

    also, if you have broken figs you can go here and offer them. there are a lot of ppl that build custom figures


    btw: im looking for mekaneks' weapon

  6. #6
    Widget nostalgia_box's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    10
    * Please read forum rules regarding back to back posts, Thanks *


    Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    If you want to photograph every flaw of the figure its ok, but you can specify it in written description which is fine too (paint discoloration, loose joints, worn attachments etc)

    A buyer CANNOT claim something to you because you were responsible as a seller in mentioning the quality of the figure.

    also, if you have broken figs you can go here and offer them. there are a lot of ppl that build custom figures

    btw: im looking for mekaneks' weapon
    Amazing. Been looking around at all the custom figures-- didn't know anything about this before. There's some d*mn skilled customizers on here.

    Thanks for the tips.

    I have several mint loose figures as well (Scare Glow, Faker, 'Ultimate Battleground' comic, etc), those I'll be putting up on ebay in the next couple weeks. I'll start a new thread and post the links.

    The broken guys I'll put together a list and let you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by vazqjose View Post
    btw: im looking for mekaneks' weapon
    Did you find a Mekaneck mace yet? I was browsing through some posts yesterday and ran across one for sale here for $2:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=182357

    Might be worth a PM to see if he still has it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •