Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random off the wall questions...

Random off the wall questions...

Have you ever had a question that had to do with MOTU (or PoP), something that just struck you and you just felt the need to ask? Well then this thread is for you!

Post your random question(s) of awkwardness here and see if fellow MOTU fans can answer them logically! And perhaps you'll have an answer for someone else's question(s) as well.

Questions like;

If Adam and Adora are twins, then why doesn't She-Ra's skin tone and hair become the same colors as He-Man's when they make their respective changes?

Were Orko and Madame Razz inspired by Bewitched's Aunt Clara?

Now that the korodite has been destroyed, why doesn't MAA and the Sorceress recreate the Mystic wall since it couldn't be destroyed?

There we go! Questions about absolutely nothing but randomness!

(Note: Since this could involve absolutely anything MOTU/PoP, I placed it in the MOTUC forum to address any and either.)
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post

If Adam and Adora are twins, then why doesn't She-Ra's skin tone and hair become the same colors as He-Man's when they make their respective changes?

Were Orko and Madame Razz inspired by Bewitched's Aunt Clara?
    If they were identical twins, ie. identical men or women I'd be inclined to think they would have the same effect of skintone and hair color. As they're fraternal twins, and the same as regular brother and sister, only gestated and born at the same time, my guess is their augmentations are slightly different. You and your sister can both be blonds, but your shade of hair might be different, and say both lay out in the sun; one might tan and the other not get that much color. Then again, I also never figured Etheria to be that sunny.

I've often wondered about the Aunt Clara connection. It could be that they're archetypal roles, or in fact Marion Lorne's classic portrayal inspired these two beloved characters.

Okay, here are mine:
    1. Why are there no other men in the Great Rebellion? Is Bow the only one not enslaved by the Horde? In the early mini comics, he was the only guy around, until the second series, when a few random men would appear.

2. Teela gave up on being jealous of Adora when she found out she was the princess. Is she still jealous of She-Ra, as she thinks she's He-Man's friend?
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Does Skeletor have a neck or is he a magically floating skull?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If King Randor has brown hair and eyes...and Queen Marlena has red hair and brown eyes...and seemingly all their relatives have brown hair and eyes (relatives shown in show and the Hall of Kings)...then why do Adam and Adora have blonde hair and blue eyes?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If King Randor has brown hair and eyes...and Queen Marlena has red hair and brown eyes...and seemingly all their relatives have brown hair and eyes (relatives shown in show and the Hall of Kings)...then why do Adam and Adora have blonde hair and blue eyes?
    A thread you might find interesting on that topic: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show....php?p=1581454 (it talks about recessive genes, which here on Earth include blue eyes and blond hair, as it so happens).

Here's a vintage toy question: Ram Man is so unlike the typical He-Man style figure, what the heck is his story? Was Mattel planning a different toy line that Ram Man would have been part of, and then they scrapped that line except for letting Rammy hang with the Masters guys or some such deal? Roger Sweet (in his MOTU Chronicles interview) describes how Mattel rejected his blobby character design (with a big mouth in his belly) for sharing no parts with the rest of the figures, but it was OK for Ram Man not to share parts? I love the character and all, but he puzzles me by his uniqueness.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    I love the character and all, but he puzzles me by his uniqueness.
    An early concept sketch of Ram Man is shown in the art book, but it only raises more questions. It has an arrow pointing between his legs and the written text: "This space must remain open for engineering reasons." Of course, as we all know, that space did not remain open, but instead became a spring.

Since I am rather new to collecting MOTU (Only 1 1/2 years now), I have a pretty generic question. How do you say MOTU? I have never been around another collector or enthusiast, so I have NEVER heard it said. Is it "MOE-TWO"?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Since I am rather new to collecting MOTU (Only 1 1/2 years now), I have a pretty generic question. How do you say MOTU? I have never been around another collector or enthusiast, so I have NEVER heard it said. Is it "MOE-TWO"?
    Yes. And if it ends in a 'C', "MOE-TUKE"
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    ]Here's a vintage toy question: Ram Man is so unlike the typical He-Man style figure, what the heck is his story? Was Mattel planning a different toy line that Ram Man would have been part of, and then they scrapped that line except for letting Rammy hang with the Masters guys or some such deal? Roger Sweet (in his MOTU Chronicles interview) describes how Mattel rejected his blobby character design (with a big mouth in his belly) for sharing no parts with the rest of the figures, but it was OK for Ram Man not to share parts? I love the character and all, but he puzzles me by his uniqueness.

Yes, actually!! I remember reading here a few years ago that Ram Man was meant for another line that didn't happen, or maybe he was a singular toy. I can't remember the specifics; but apparently you're basically right!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    An early concept sketch of Ram Man is shown in the art book, but it only raises more questions. It has an arrow pointing between his legs and the written text: "This space must remain open for engineering reasons."
    Must resist the urge to make a joke that will send this thread to "The Tar Swamp".

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I type it as MOTU since it's faster, but I always just say "He-Man" or "Masters" when I'm talking about the franchise outloud.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I type it as MOTU since it's faster, but I always just say "He-Man" or "Masters" when I'm talking about the franchise outloud.
    Yeah, when I am talking about my MOTU toy collection as a whole, I say "my He-Men"
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I asked this somewhere else and it never got answered... so lets try again...

What good is having the 'Ultimate Power', when it is only works while you are inside the central tower? (from Eternia playset mini comic)
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Questions like;

Many Ancient Western (as well as some non-Western) cultures visually depicted men and women very differently often using skin tone as an easy indicator. Men were usually more darkly complected while females were lighter. Maybe its become part of our socio-cultural heritage and is learned early thus appearing innate.

Ex:
    "The Bull Leapers"
    Palace of Knossos, Crete
    Fresco, ~30in/78cm in height
    ~17th-15th centuries BCE

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The same reason my parents, my sisters, and my grandparents all have dark hair and I have blonde hair.....the Eternian mail-man is their father.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Does Skeletor have a neck or is he a magically floating skull?
    It's just the MYP cartoon where he has a floating skull.

Every one of his figures has a neck, and the Laser Light & New Adventures toys clearly show that only the flesh on his face is missing, and not the rest of his head.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I guess my question to you in response to this matter is what does Adam and Adora being twins have to do with the rest of the question? I mean, wouldn't it be an equally valid question if they were not twins and one was a little older than the other... or even if they weren't brother and sister at all? Either way they each still have a sword and are calling upon power from the same source, so the question of the differences in their respective transformations would still be valid regardless of their specific relation to each other.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It's just the MYP cartoon where he has a floating skull.

Every one of his figures has a neck, and the Laser Light & New Adventures toys clearly show that only the flesh on his face is missing, and not the rest of his head.
    MYP and also the FILMation toon. All Skeletor's animated looks have been floating skull, plus probably half the mini-comic designs (if not more).

Each to their own but I for one don't take the vintage NA Skeletor (toy, mini-comic or toon) as being in any way an accurate representation of the real Skeletor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    MYP and also the FILMation toon. All Skeletor's animated looks have been floating skull, plus probably half the mini-comic designs (if not more).

Each to their own but I for one don't take the vintage NA Skeletor (toy, mini-comic or toon) as being in any way an accurate representation of the real Skeletor.
    The floating skull idea was solely a MYP invention. The comics & Filmation versions were never shown without the hood.

As all of the cartoons & comics are derived from the toys, I tend to view the original toy designs as being more relevant.

The vintage MOTU Laser Light Skeletor figure is the first time his appearance under the hood was revealed, several years before New Adventures debuted.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The floating skull idea was solely a MYP invention. The comics & Filmation versions were never shown without the hood.
    True, but they also never showed him having a neck where his skull attached to the body. It was all just solid blackness between his skull & body, indicating a floating skull. so MYP simply used that as reference when they showed him without the hood. They didn't 'invent' what was already there & obvious for all to see.

here's my random questions.... How can Skeletor see, hear & speak, when he has no eyes, ears or tongue? How can his jaw stay in place when he has no tendons & ligaments with which to move it? (btw, to me the real skeletor is the filmation/myp versions, not NA, movie or any version with eyeballs or skin)

How can Trap-jaw speak when he has no lower jaw? It's just a piece of metal over his mangled missing jaw, with his tongue flapping around behind it? He's one hell of a great speaker for a guy with no jaw. If he's that good a speaker without a jaw, imagine how good a speaker he was before his injuries.

how can He-man & She-ra lift mountains, ships, etc. without having their spines snap in half from the pressure? do they go to the Eternian chiropractor after each mission?

Does Orko have a lower body under that robe, or does his body end at the ribcage? Are trollans so hideous to our eyes (but attractive to each other) that they can't show their faces on TV? i can't imagine Orko being any uglier than Mantenna, or the Predators, & they show their faces with no problem.

Why are the Eternians such a bunch of racists? Example... they banish Keldor from his home because he's a blue skinned half Gar. so he's then labeled as 'the bad guy'.... what a bunch of hypocrites... they deserve whatever they get coming to them imo.

Why is Evil lynn the only villan with a brain? She knows how to free various enemies, she knows all about Adam when Skeletor (his own uncle) doesn't seem to, and she knows the language of Clawful's people when he apparently doesn't? She seems to have knowledge in just about every area, no matter what it is. how does she find the time to study everything? Perhaps she's thousands of years old?

Why does Lubic have a fan base? what's the appeal? do we really need Ferris Bueller's principal in MOTU?

Why doesn't He-man just take Frosta to a hotel room & get it over with, when she obviously has the hots for him. Would she really go nuts if she knew he was the prince of Eternia?

Why is Teela the only female helping out the Eternian heroes, and Bow the only man helping out the Great Rebellion?

What does the Sorceress do when she's sitting in the castle for all those years. Meditate?? Why does she
    always need He-man to save her when she has all the power of the elders (& who knows what else) at her disposal, and is more than a match for anyone?

I might have more random questions later, but this is all I've got for now.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I've always wondered where Mekanek's neck goes when its retracted...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post

Why does Lubic have a fan base? what's the appeal? do we really need Ferris Bueller's principal in MOTU?

No we don´t, since Marty McFly´s principal was Lubic, not Ferris bueller´s.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    No we don´t, since Marty McFly´s principal was Lubic, not Ferris bueller´s.
    oops! my bad.... I thought the same guy was in both movies. i haven't seen FBDO in many years....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post

What good is having the 'Ultimate Power', when it is only works while you are inside the central tower? (from Eternia playset mini comic)
    Irony? Like being surrounded my tons of great books but your reading glasses are broken.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

True, but they also never showed him having a neck where his skull attached to the body. It was all just solid blackness between his skull & body, indicating a floating skull. so MYP simply used that as reference when they showed him without the hood. They didn't 'invent' what was already there & obvious for all to see.
    'Obvious for all to see'? That's debatable, IMO. I never thought his skull just floated there until I watched The Price Of Deceit. There is far more evidence of Skeletor having a neck (every single figure) than not (MYP). If the 4HM ever get to do a sculpt of hoodless Skeletor I doubt he'll have a floating skull.

here's my random questions.... How can Skeletor see, hear & speak, when he has no eyes, ears or tongue? How can his jaw stay in place when he has no tendons & ligaments with which to move it? (btw, to me the real skeletor is the filmation/myp versions, not NA, movie or any version with eyeballs or skin)
    I believe the same magic that keeps him alive also allows him to eat, see, etc. normally.

How can Trap-jaw speak when he has no lower jaw? It's just a piece of metal over his mangled missing jaw, with his tongue flapping around behind it? He's one hell of a great speaker for a guy with no jaw. If he's that good a speaker without a jaw, imagine how good a speaker he was before his injuries.
    His jaw is a combination of magic and science. I imagine it has a vocoder built into it or something...

how can He-man & She-ra lift mountains, ships, etc. without having their spines snap in half from the pressure? do they go to the Eternian chiropractor after each mission?
    Magic

Are trollans so hideous to our eyes (but attractive to each other) that they can't show their faces on TV?
    They only show their faces to their fiancees/spouses. It's a Trollan custom, similar to the way that women in the Middle East conceal their faces.

Why are the Eternians such a bunch of racists? Example... they banish Keldor from his home because he's a blue skinned half Gar. so he's then labeled as 'the bad guy'.... what a bunch of hypocrites... they deserve whatever they get coming to them imo.
    Personally, I really dislike this addition to the Classics canon and I choose to ignore it.

Here are mine:

1) Is the reason Teela wears her classic white and gold outfit because MAA doesn't approve of her parading around in her skimpy barbarian bikini in front of the likes of He-Man or Skeletor's minions?

2) If Teela loves both She-Ra and Adora (and has had encounters with both separately), does she ever wonder why the three of them can't ever get together in one place for some fun?

3) Did the Green Goddess lend Teela her battle armor, since they wear basically the same outfit but different color scheme, and has Teela ever had the urge to paint her body with green paint?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!