Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Look of PoP in MOTUC...It's Up to the Four Horsemen!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

The Look of PoP in MOTUC...It's Up to the Four Horsemen!

Toyguru just answered my question about what PoP will look like in MOTUC. There was confusion because in the past we were told it would solely be based on the vintage toys and NOT the Styleguide...then we got Adora and She-Ra that are straight FROM the Styleguide.

Anyhow, here's the new official answer:

If a toy had a vintage version, the colors will be based on the toy's colors. As for the exact sculpt, that will likely be a blend of the style guide and the vintage toy based on the preference of the Horsemen.
    So...yay for Styleguide Catra (probably). Now I have to beg the Horsemen for toy versions of everyone else!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ok, I need to get my ass over to the 4H's forum and soon.

Anytime the 4H are making decisions you can rest easy that things will be done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I know, right?

The biggest thing to stress is...say they look EXACTLY like the Styleguide, the colours should still be BRIGHT and VIBRANT like the toys!

Hence "based on toy's colours."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Well, they're probably the best choice for that since they are the Masters of sculpting and are obviously huge fan favorites around here. Couldn't be in better hands.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    for POP characters i'm hoping for 'as close to cartoon accurate' as possible. to me the vintage toys looked like total garbage, and I hope they stay as far away from those designs as possible.

I'm so grateful we have a She-ra that looks like She-ra
    & less like the hideous piece of crap the vintage toy was. sorry but that's how they looked (and still look) to me.

go with the styleguide and don't touch the vintage toy designs with a 50 foot pole. i still can't believe
    how ridiculous that mardi gras mask looks on She-ra. thank goodness
    they gave us the filmation head, or I might never have had my she-ra on display.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I want Style Guide versions of all the POP characters first, but if they want to give us bonus versions that resemble the original releases since it would be a great re-use of parts and easy money maker.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

So...yay for Styleguide Catra (probably). Now I have to beg the Horsemen for toy versions of everyone else!
    Thank you so much for starting this thread! Finally this is being addressed. Ive been annoyed ever since She-ra was revealed, And Ive had visions of pastel Adora costumes on all POP ever since!!

Im with you! light the torches!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Well, they're probably the best choice for that since they are the Masters of sculpting and are obviously huge fan favorites around here. Couldn't be in better hands.
    Agreed. The FH showed us that they love MOTU just as much as we do when they introduced the 200X figures. They had nostalgic elements mixed with cutting-edge sculpts that worked for both the long-time-fans as well as the newest ones.

Now with MOTUC, we are treated to the ideal versions of our favorite characters. In some cases I feel the FH are not just pleasing the fans and collectors, but they are doing it for themselves as well!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    In some cases I feel the FH are not just pleasing the fans and collectors, but they are doing it for themselves as well!
    I guarantee they are doing just that! Living the dream man, living the dream! And I love them for it.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed. The FH showed us that they love MOTU just as much as we do when they introduced the 200X figures. They had nostalgic elements mixed with cutting-edge sculpts that worked for both the long-time-fans as well as the newest ones.

Now with MOTUC, we are treated to the ideal versions of our favorite characters. In some cases I feel the FH are not just pleasing the fans and collectors, but they are doing it for themselves as well!
    Definitely!

That's where we as MOTU fans are very spoiled. We have the 4 Horsemen producing gems each and every time!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

As a child i simply loved everything that had to do with Masters of the Universe and when She-ra came out i was thrilled, finally some girls for the guys but i hated that they werent made the same way and i never got the concept...

sorry, i dont know if you people know in europe/germany and Austria, they tried to hide the fact that Adora was Adams twin sister and we had audio cassette stories were all her friends knew she was She-ra even Catra knew and there was no Horde!?!?!

Now seeing them made in the same toyline is a dream come true and i dont care if they look like the toy versions or filmation, the styleguide, i just want them to look great! more like women who can kick a** and still be feminin, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im with you! light the torches!
    ha!

I just want a pure direct update of the classic figures first and then, eventually, a pure update of the style guide looks. Is that too much to ask?

This clarification isn't helping me to be less confused.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    ha!

I just want a pure direct update of the classic figures first and then, eventually, a pure update of the style guide looks. Is that too much to ask?

This clarification isn't helping me to be less confused.
    Ditto! Am not impressed that they are trying every which way to do Cartoon-esque POP. All I want is to see the 4H tackle a straight POP Vintage figure update!

Just to prove to the anti POP Brigade that not only are the classic designs brilliant but that the POP characters are just as valid and important as MOTUV.

I am Definitely TEAM POP!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

If a toy had a vintage version, the colors will be based on the toy's colors. As for the exact sculpt, that will likely be a blend of the style guide and the vintage toy based on the preference of the Horsemen.
    But She-Ra isn't in her classic toy outfit or colours! So this statement makes no sense. The complete She-Ra figure (except mask tiara and comb axe) are straight from the style guide!

Though I'm not complaining as I hate the 80's toy versions!!! Any POP not based on the style guide will be a big pass for me!

I personally would like to see a mixture of both the Style Guide and the Vintage figures. Whatever they decide, I hope they model all of the face sculpts/hairdos after the style guide. It give the characters some distinction.

I'm sure that they will look great either way.

For the most part I don't mind if they use the colors of the classic figures, because most of them aren't too far off from their cartoon counterparts......except for Angella and Castaspella. Since the cartoon is my biggest influence of POP, I much prefer the style guide versions of these two characters.

I guess I'm confused how this is gonna work with someone like Catra.

It seems there's a stipulation in place that the 4H have to use the colors of the vintage figure (pink and black outfit), but the Filmation-Y style guide version with red outfit and Horde symbol always seems to win in the polls. Soooo what can we expect there? If they have to use the vintage colors, they should just do a direct update of the vintage figure.

I just don't want them to pass up cool details like the silver cat "gloves" with sculpted fur of the classic figure, in favor of the more simplified style guide Catra. I don't mind them embellishing on certain details on the classic figure to make it look fancier though.

It seems there's a stipulation in place that the 4H have to use the colors of the vintage figure (pink and black outfit), but the Filmation-Y style guide version with red outfit and Horde symbol always seems to win in the polls. Soooo what can we expect there? If they have to use the vintage colors, they should just do a direct update of the vintage figure.
    As i remember, and im sure i remember correct, in the Clawdeen Styleguide, Catra is in the Filmation clothing but instead of red its the black/pink combo.

maybe thats the style they are going for, then!?!

I'm hoping they use the Style Guide as inspiration for most characters (in particular the Wave One females Castaspella, Glimmer and Angella who looked drastically different than they do in the POP toyline).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    As i remember, and im sure i remember correct, in the Clawdeen Styleguide, Catra is in the Filmation clothing but instead of red its the black/pink combo.

maybe thats the style they are going for, then!?!
    I remember seeing that version, but I'm not sure if I want that to be the definitive version. (and, I could be wrong, but I thought the top part of her outfit may have been a different color than the figure)

Could someone throw up a picture of that version of Catra? And was that in the style guide, licensing guide or something else? I can't recall.

I remember seeing that version, but I'm not sure if I want that to be the definitive version. (and, I could be wrong, but I thought the top part of her outfit may have been a different color than the figure)

Could someone throw up a picture of that version of Catra? And was that in the style guide, licensing guide or something else? I can't recall.
    I personally want BOTH toy Catra and Styleguide Catra. Styleguide Catra BETTER be red like the toon. These two are far too different to combine. It would be like combining 80's Sorceress and MYP Sorceress and that being the ONLY Sorceress we get. That would be a crime.

I would like to see the Style Guide version of Catra in two paint schemes. I actually really like the pink with silver and I love the red (cartoon accurate) version. Then we could always get a Sweet Bee torso later that would give us the vintage toy version of Catra.

It has already been confirmed by ToyGuru that Catra will be a member of the Horde. That means we will likely get her like depicted in the style guide with the Horde emblem. Which color scheme is still up in the air. All I care about is that her Horde emblem must be red not silver.

Style guide versions all the way for me. Bringing these characters into the MOTUC aesthetic works much, much better for the style guide.