Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Lodar SHOULD be the 2011 Sub figuer and here's why...

Heroic Warrior

I think Lodar SHOULD be the 2011 Sub figuer and here's why...

So, with news coming out that Lodar (from the early mini-comics) has had his name trademarked by Mattel, so it's quite possible that his figure is arriving in the future. Now, we know that the 2011 Subscription figure will be of a character that is from the mini-comics. A lot of people assume Oo-Lar (the jungle He-Man) to be the the 2011 Subscription figure, but as someone who is planning to buy the subscription , i really hope it's Lodar. I think he's a fair figure for those who want to buy the subscription, for those who don't want the subscription, and for those on the fence for getting a subscription and here's why...

For those getting the subscription, I think it's a great figure to those who want every figure out there, and for those willing to invest in the subscription, it's a good incentive to get a figure that is a new sculpt than a repaint, like Ool-ar, who could be made as a He-Man repaint, so he can fill in a bonuse figure spot instead. He's not as big as a lure as a figure as Queen Marlena, who those who don't want a subscription would be in an uproar. He doesn't effect those who want "vintage" figures. Personally, I hope he is the sub figure. What do you think?

Elder Councilman
    if we can't get Marlena as the sub figure, I'll gladly take me a Lodar....
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

All hail LODAR!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Personally, I hope he is the sub figure. What do you think?
    I hope so too, because Jungle He-Man is one of my most wanted items, and I'm not buying a sub. lol.

But I would guess that Jungle He-Man might be a future con-exclusive--they need to reuse that statue after all.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I hope so too, because Jungle He-Man is one of my most wanted items, and I'm not buying a sub. lol.

But I would guess that Jungle He-Man might be a future con-exclusive--they need to reuse that statue after all.
    that would indeed be a good Con Exclusive, but it must be said: dammit I want my Eldor figure sooner than later...
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I'm personally hoping for Tokator.

Lodar would be cool!

Bring on any of the Mini-Comic characters, from Lodar and Geldor to Rana, Garn and Procrustus. It's all great!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

A new character rather than a variant being an subscription exclusive would irk a lot of the non-subscribers off. Plus, there would be too much new sculpting to be wasted on such a limited release figure. Matty likes getting the most bang for their buck and they couldn't re-release him if they had him as an exclusive.
    Last edited by Firefly; July 11, 2010 at 01:33am.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Who's Lodar? are there any pics?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Love it. I hope we get a Lodar soon. It would be great for a first original Mini-Comics figure.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Don't remember that clearly but I think he was all pitch black with a Friday the 13th type mask that had spikes on it.

Searching Google Images for Lodar Master Universe brings up nothing, at leat in the first few pages of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    The main antagonist from the minicomic "Slave City". The latest episode of Roast Gooble Dinner covered this in depth, and it can also be looked at on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A new character rather than a variant being an subscription exclusive would irk a lot of the non-subscribers off. Plus, there would be too much new sculpting to be wasted on such a limited release figure. Matty likes getting the most bang for their buck and they couldn't re-release him if they had him as an exclusive.
    But if they sold more 2011 subscriptions to people wanting Lodar, then it would be well worth it to them.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Lodar's been made all that much cooler in my eyes, for the fact that the Slave City! mini-comic is Mattel's secret shame, something they didn't want getting out in other languages...LOL

On another note, who do you guys think is the next most likely character to be made if Lodar is only referenced in a bio? Oh - and I just noticed the Kobolds seem to have a similar face to Evilseed from the 2002 cartoon series, though I don't have a pic on-hand to see if they're actually that close in appearance.

Lodar would be a cool sub exclusive. He might just be unique enough to force people who wouldn't otherwise to purchase the all-in sub, which would have to be a good thing. We all should support the sub.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Perhaps the "Kex" trademark is for a mention in Buzz Off's bio. I know he's not exactly like the Kex in the mini-comic, but it's the only explanation I can think of.

Lodar is cool. I was getting excited about Oo-Larr, though. I've long given up hope of seeing Queen Marlena at SDCC. If she had been the sub figure, they would sell tons of subscriptions. Not that everybody wouldn't be peeved.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm personally hoping for Tokator.

Awesome answer.

I don't care who the 2011 subscription figure is.

Much more appealing than Oo-Larr, IMO...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I want Oo-Larr as the sub figure, but Lodar would be cool too.

There's no way even Mattel would be dumb enough to make Marlena the subscription figure. She will help sell subs, but she should NEVER EVER be the sub exclusive figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The main antagonist from the minicomic "Slave City". The latest episode of Roast Gooble Dinner covered this in depth, and it can also be looked at on the site.
    can you describe the minicomic's cover? i might recognize it by tthat

EDIT: found it HERE

Lodar is the subscription figure I wanted all along when they mentioned it was a mini comics figure. I hope it is Lodar indeed! The original mini comic cover with him pulling He-Man's hair and about to whack him was brutal!

I think Lodar would be more interesting with Oo-Lar as the subscription figure.

I'd certainly be more excited by Lodar than a He-man with less accessories.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'd certainly be more excited by Lodar than a He-man with less accessories.
    They could add a smash blade....

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    But if they sold more 2011 subscriptions to people wanting Lodar, then it would be well worth it to them.
    Not really. People who are getting the subscription are pretty much getting it regardless of who the character is.