Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filmation-Teela hatched from an egg???

Filmation-Teela hatched from an egg???

Don't know why I never noticed this before:

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I haven't seen the episode in awhile, but I don't believe we ever saw an egg. I think people just assumed that since Teela was in a nest and The Sorceress was in her bird form. The Sorceress had a husband and she wasn't always able to transform into Zoar. I think the nest was used to make it seem more "fable" like rather than having a nursery room in Castle Grayskull.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I always took it as a safety thing. Adora was taken by Hordak...maybe with the birth of Teela they used the nest as a "safe place" where the Horde wouldn't look for her. Just a precautionary thing.

(Until now...I never realized how much Teela looked like a chubby Sean Astin as a baby).

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    (Until now...I never realized how much Teela looked like a chubby Sean Astin as a baby).
    Isn't that redundant?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    fat hobbit..... it's a splitting image of him! looks just like him though. The Sorceress gave birth to Samwise Gamchee! This made me laugh so much!!

yeah, it is a bit 'wierd' that a bird would give birth to a human baby..... beastiality anyone?
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    That baby "girl" sure has some thick pecs...looks like a strong bencher to me!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    yeah, it is a bit 'wierd' that a bird would give birth to a human baby..... beastiality anyone?
    She was in the Zoar The Falcon form as that was the best form (outside Grayskull) to protect Teela. Remember it was that form that she was in to defeat the Horde in Origin of the Sorceress

It isn't weird because it never gave any indication she was in bird form when she had Teela.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    She was in the Zoar The Falcon form as that was the best form (outside Grayskull) to protect Teela. Remember it was that form that she was in to defeat the Horde in Origin of the Sorceress

It isn't weird because it never gave any indication she was in bird form when she had Teela.
    um.... yeah. i was making a joke. I'd sure hope she wasn't in bird form when giving birth to Teela, that would REALLY hurt!

Of course i know the sorceress can't leave Grayskull in human form, so naturally she'd be in bird form outside its walls.

don't take things so literally..... i was poking fun at the silly notion of a bird having a human as its child. Anyone that doesn't know motu would see that & also think it's a bit wierd. We generally don't see interspecies relationships on TV or movies. makes me wonder what's gone on behind closed doors on Eternia, with all the human/animal hybrid species' running around. let the imagination run rampant...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

We generally don't see interspecies relationships on TV or movies.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    i was poking fun at the silly notion of a bird having a human as its child. Anyone that doesn't know motu would see that & also think it's a bit wierd.
    But...babies come from storks.

Was I misled?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Don't we all come from eggs anyways?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Here is another one.

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    WOW! Lion-O and Sarah Connor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    WOW! Lion-O and Sarah Connor
    It's more like Hellboy and Sarah Connor.

Wow!

I forgot how ugly Teela was as a baby.

I think she looks like John Goodman.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Weird. I never noticed that Howard the Duck from the movie also looks like Sean Astin!

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Bang your head!!!
    Sorry, I gotta quote you on this too

My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    alright, so I guess they do have some examples of interspecies relationships in tv & movies.... but you'll have to admit it is a bit wierd. and 'freakish'.

I don't think i'll be dating any alien ducks or demons anytime soon. Yeah, Family Guy does some sick twisted stuff sometimes. only in a comedy could they get away with some of that.

I'd forgotten about Howard the duck (maybe cause that movie bombed so bad, everyone might have forgotten it) and I used to watch that Beauty & the Beast tv show back in the day, but I guess I never thought of them having THAT kind of relationship, but I guess they did have a kid toward the end didn't they? Same with Hellboy...

Maybe that kind of thing is common on Eternia? Would Teela date Webstor or Beastman? Would a female Buzz-off go out with Merman?

oh yes, let's not forget the Planet of the Apes remake, where Marky Mark had a girl Chimp with the hots for him.

this is too funny......

The thing I really wonder is: how long did Zoar keep Teela in that nest???
    That baby for sure ain't a newborn, much more like a 6-month old! And if the Sorceress kept the baby inside of Castle Grayskull for half a year, why didn't she alert Man-At-Arms just to pay a visit over THERE? If he wasn't supposed to enter, she just could've placed her daughter in front of the castle for Duncan to pick up! Would've been much better than building a nest on some hill top! Where's the Eternian youth welfare when you need them?!

Dammit, being adult can ruin even the best cartoon episodes...
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Here's yet another example disproving your theory.

"Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

I used to watch that Beauty & the Beast tv show back in the day, but I guess I never thought of them having THAT kind of relationship, but I guess they did have a kid toward the end didn't they? Same with Hellboy...
    Ron Pearlman is living proof of interspecies relationships. Even without one of his masks.

Maybe that kind of thing is common on Eternia? Would Teela date Webstor or Beastman? Would a female Buzz-off go out with Merman?
    Think Eternians are way beyond this whole your race/my race thinggie. It's more like "you got an additional arm??" "Let's throw a party!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x..._catherine.jpg
    Bro, that's a real low blow.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x..._catherine.jpg
    I'd say that picture is more of an example of a "May/December" lesbian relationship.

Michael Douglas' crappy plastic surgery makes him look like an old lady these days.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Well I'm wondering why the sorceress would be forced to leave Teela out on a ledge.

Perhaps falling pregnant and having a child was breaking the rules for a Sorceress of Grayskull and so she was forced to care for the child out at the Crystal Sea (perhaps the natural habitat of Zoar's species)

No Mother I imagine would want to care for their child in bird form if given the choice which leads me to imagine that the Sorceress had transgressed somehow and been forced into that position. That is confirmed by her not attacking Man-at-Arms who was more capable of looking after Teela.
    How do you like that, hero!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    The thing I really wonder is: how long did Zoar keep Teela in that nest???
    That baby for sure ain't a newborn, much more like a 6-month old! And if the Sorceress kept the baby inside of Castle Grayskull for half a year, why didn't she alert Man-At-Arms just to pay a visit over THERE? If he wasn't supposed to enter, she just could've placed her daughter in front of the castle for Duncan to pick up! Would've been much better than building a nest on some hill top! Where's the Eternian youth welfare when you need them?!

Dammit, being adult can ruin even the best cartoon episodes...
    this one made me laugh!

uhhh.......... looks like two regular people to me. Alot of young women date older men these days, nothing odd about that IMO. And a far cry from a woman in bed with an alien duck or a stork.... or a demon, or lionfaced furry guy, etc.

[QUOTE=Barnster;2476734]Ron Pearlman is living proof of interspecies relationships. Even without one of his masks.

Think Eternians are way beyond this whole your race/my race thinggie. It's more like "you got an additional arm??" "Let's throw a party!"
    QUOTE] oooohhh....... poor Ron Pearlman, he can't help the way he looks. There's a few actors who look more bizarre that he does, like Micheal Berryman (the hills have eyes, devil's rejects, the guyver). That guy doesn't even need makeup to play a monster or freak. it's just genetics, I guess. I like Ron Pearlman, though, he's a good actor imo.

yeah i agree about the Eternians.... what i find odd, is that there's still cats that are 'animals' like Cringer, yet other cats have evolved into 'people' like Carnivous; and practically every animal species has evoled into bipedal intellegent lifeforms. yeah i can imagine the interspecies relationships going on in that planet.

As for the Sorceress & Teela, I think the child services should get involved in that one. You don't just hand your baby off to someone else like a piece of luggage without some consequences. Maybe some type of payment is owed to Duncan for raising Teela all those years for the Sorceress? where's the Eternian Attourney?