Thread: Is that the sword of HE in Crystars' hands????

Is that the sword of HE in Crystars' hands????

I was wondering if anyone ever heard of Crystar his sword looks like He-Man's!

you can find the image here:

http://christophercummings.com/image...tar1-cover.jpg

.......I wonder who came up w/ the idea for that sword first!!!!!!!????????

I don't think that looks a lot like the Power Sword (not the Sword of He, please, that's a new name).
    We can see similarities, but then lot of swords would look alike.

Heroic Warrior
    No, that sword looks a lot cooler.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Crystar's sword is a bit different, though I can see some shared influences.

And I will never refer to the Power Sword as the "Sword of He" even if you threaten to drop the Fright Zone on me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

How awesome would it be if they could make Crystar part of the MOTUC line though? I love some of those Crystar characters. Sadly. Crystar is a Marvel property and they're pretty in bed with Hasbro.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

It does a little, in that the hand guard curls up towards the blade, but that could be said of a lot of swords

and as for the sword of He
    I'd have called it that had Mattel not decided to make it so any tom **** or harry who happened to be polite to the goddess or sorceress wasn't then tasked with looking after it, Mattel have made the power sword into the **** of MOTU going from one guy to the next till he's old worn out or caught some virus

I'll stick with the vintage name, the sword of HE reminds me of all those He-men notched on the swords bed post

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I don't think that looks a lot like the Power Sword (not the Sword of He, please, that's a new name).
    Classics is taking over and overwriting the fandom!!! Oo-Larr! Oo-Larr!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The toy version of the sword looks a lot less like that. the toy line came out before the comic. itdoes look similar to the power sword though. but later covers it looks a lot less so. I prefer the Power Sword myself.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Classics is taking over and overwriting the fandom!!! Oo-Larr! Oo-Larr!!
    yes ... in the very first minicomics Demo-Man joins both halves of the Sword of He and Oo-Larr fights against him and against Raqquill Rquazz. Actually I never understood why the name of the minicomics is 'He-Man and the Power Sword'. Shouldn't it be 'Oo-Larr and the Sword of He'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    yes ... in the very first minicomics Demo-Man joins both halves of the Sword of He and Oo-Larr fights against him and against Raqquill Rquazz. Actually I never understood why the name of the minicomics is 'He-Man and the Power Sword'. Shouldn't it be 'Oo-Larr and the Sword of He'?
    Hahaha, come on guys... you're going to make poor Emiliano's head explode.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
    actually i never understood why the name of the minicomics is 'he-man and the power sword'. Shouldn't it be 'oo-larr and the sword of he'?
    roflmao!!!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I like "The Sword of He," honestly, and heck, this is the Classics forum, so...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Crystar, Blackstar, Thundercats, Warlord, Dragonriders of the Styx: they can all join the MOTUC universe IMO. Eternia is a big planet, twice the size when you consider all the underground civilizations.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Nothing to see here...

move along, move along...

I actually DO think it looks a LOT like the Sword of Power. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I actually like it in that painting/drawing -- that's a great image.

Crystar = Cosmic Warrior now.

MUHUHUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - MOTU is like the Borg --- assimilate... resistance is futile...

Blackstarr, Conan, Crystar, Captain Power... who's next!?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I like "The Sword of He," honestly, and heck, this is the Classics forum, so...
    So the sword is originally the Power Sword, retcon works for the new series, but can't change the past

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Hahaha, come on guys... you're going to make poor Emiliano's head explode.
    Yeah, I'm about to go on banning spree!
    Last edited by Emiliano; August 31, 2010 at 07:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wow...that looks a lot like MOTU, and not just the sword.

- Power Sword...whatever this sword is. This is what the sword would look like if it was carved out of crystal.
    - Logo of "CRYSTAR" looks like "MOTU"
    - both hold their swords aloft
    - Big castle in the background
    - Evil dude with an axe (Skeletor)
    - Mystical old guy (Sorceress)

Weird...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Crystar had some cool figures... I bought a bunch at a garage sale a few years back. They toy sword doesn't really look like the power sword. I have a cool crystal dragon tho... cool stuff, I would be interested in reading the comic!

And yes, I would LOVE if they included Warlord into MOTUC... I have a number of the Warlord Comics, and I display my DC Warlord Fig along with MOTUC. I may need to make a custom of him someday soon!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Crystar had some cool figures... I bought a bunch at a garage sale a few years back. They toy sword doesn't really look like the power sword. I have a cool crystal dragon tho... cool stuff, I would be interested in reading the comic!
    I thought the comic was very entertaining, especially in the beginning. I thought it broke down a bit when they started doing too many crossovers with the Marvel universe though.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

I has a look something like it. Pretty much like the Carnivous sword looks something like the Thundercats sword. But just like there was a string of people that seemed to think it was wrong to admit to the simularities, you'll get that here too. I'd say this'll be a multi-page post count building thread in a short amount of time, hehe.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    And yes, I would LOVE if they included Warlord into MOTUC... I have a number of the Warlord Comics, and I display my DC Warlord Fig along with MOTUC. I may need to make a custom of him someday soon!

I bought that vintage Warlord figure to function as Miro (Deimos from the same line, with the obvious Evil-Lyn rip-off wand, was Marzo).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I remember Cristar! I used to have all their toys. I'm assuming they're still in my mom's house somewhere. I never noticed the similarities in the sword before.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Elder Councilman
    until about 10 years ago, I'd never even heard of Crystar; came out when I was really young.

However, the sword looks more to me like Chief Carnivus' than it does the Power Sword/Sword of He.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    I had the figure of Crystar when I was a kid... probably still have it somewhere, actually. A very cool figure! I only had Crystar, though, for some reason. Never had any of the other characters from the series.

Anyway, I noticed as a kid the similarities between Crystar's sword and He-Man's Power Sword. But it's not the hilt that struck me as being similar, it's the shape of the BLADE. And ignore the way Marvel's artists drew it, just look at the sword that came with the figure:

Could just be coincidence, but you never know.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

blade shape is quite similar, even if you ignore the hilt.

And for the record I always called it "He-Man's Sword". To me the Power Sword (and by proxy the Power Star) always belonged to John Blackstar world.

So I actually like "Sword of He" a bit, not much different than what I always said anyway.

I would say given this swords story it has far more similarity...

Please follow forum rules about YouTube links. Thank you.