Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 009 Discussion!

Hybrid View

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 009 Discussion!

Episode 009 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Emiliano Santalucia, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra. James Sawyer continues with the Lee Nordling interview.

First we discuss SDCC and convention fun.

Then we talk about listener voicemail and e-mail.

After that, we cover a couple more bios. This time, Scareglow and King Randor.

Then we plunge into the second half of our two-part interview with Lee Nordling, editor of many of the original Masters of the Universe mini-comics!

A few highlights of the show:
    • The He-Man newspaper strip that never was!
    • Bruce Timm's connection to Fearless Photog!
    • Pixel Dan's Mosquitor movement!

And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 009

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Sweet putting it on my Sony for tomorrow for gooble on the go! Thanks!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hope you guys have a great time at SDCC!

Dan: I am 100% behind a Mosquitor movement. You have to stand up and spread the word for all of us. My avatar may be an indication of my opinion there...

I'm going to geek out immensely now, so feel free to skip this.

The origin of the term "deus ex machina" (Which means literally "god in the machine") comes from ancient greek theatre. Many of these original plays featured convoluted plots with lots of intrigue and many also featured very simplistic solutions to those plots by having an actor portraying a god arriving on the scene and straightening everything out in the last minutes. No real resolution there except Zeus coming in and magicking all the problems away.

The "Machine" referred to was actually a crane from which these actors were often lowered onto the stage to imitate a divine appearance. Even at the time, people criticized this idea to solve plotlines, thinking it was cheap and cheesy. And that is what a deus ex machina still is, more or less. And it's still cheap and cheesy today.

Sorry, I just love obscure crap like that.

Back to the episode, part 2 of the Lee Nordling interview was spectacular once again. Great choice for an interview subject.

My favorite time of the week...

Just loaded it to my iPhone so I can listen to it at the gym tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Ah nuts! I'm at work right now and don't have access to listen to this. Dying to know what Bruce Timm's connection to Fearless Photog is! I have a feeling I know what it is. Can't wait to see if my guess is right or not.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com