Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 009 Discussion!

Great episode guys ...

Dan - i agree about your idea of Scare-Glow, when i was a kid he kind of became bigger than Skeletor in my eyes ... for me, he was like a 'cult' figure (no pun intended) and he always will be ... i'm surprised there isn't more discussion for him here - maybe it's because i'm more interested in this character than anyone else in motu ...

Val - totally agree on the point that people can still view him as the ghost of Skeletor - to be honest, i wish this was the case 'officially' ... but i understand it would have been tough/controversial for Mattel to go along with that ... in a way it would have completely changed Skeletor's history and being, and that is something that i understand could not really happen ...

On the subject of the Scare-Glow bio - it's good that this character had a clean-slate in terms of where Mattel could go with it, because they have managed to please the fans with something new that doesn't conflict personal canons or exisiting plots/storylines ... as i've already said, i always wanted him to the the ghost of Skeletor, so i kind of always hold on to that idea ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Swiftwind:
    Basicly I don't care which color Swiftwind would be, because I'll skip all POP characters anyway. Pink horse?..hmm, Devall (Dan's friend) might like it, but big no from me. White horse.. ok, but Barbies are out from my collection!

BIOS:
    Like Patrick said earlier I too like the idea of making a "ultimate" canon that includes all MOTU, but the thing is: THEY (mattel) MISSED IT BIG TIME. I think Half of the things they have wrote are not good and why is that? I would say they gave that job a group of writers who tried to unite it together, but what they didn't do is: collect a fan input of different aspects.

Hypothetical question:
    How cool these bios would be if they had working together with long time fans like VAL or Emiliano (or me ), who would see from the beginning "hey this Demo-manthing.. it really don't work"?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Well, that's subjective. Other folks would not agree.

Believe me I would like to work on the bios.
    But, there's no guarantee folks would jump for joy over what I write.

Just a quick note on what Lee Nordling was saying about the Snowman book ... this was one of my favourite story books when i was a kid and they even made a film about it ... he is definitely right when he calls it a classic, however i think this was a lot more popular in the u.k. than it was in the states ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Yes ofcourse, but I ment they would have done a lot more better and more fans would approve these bios IF they have somebody like you just reading and pointing out glitches that wouldn't work out in the main audience. I Didn't offer you to write the whole story While I have been listen these podcasts I'll agree and think MOTU pretty much same way as you are. My biggest influence as a child was Filmation, Star/Marvel comics and minicomics (late ones).
    Last edited by Tuukka; July 14, 2010 at 06:44pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Well, that's subjective. Other folks would not agree.

Believe me I would like to work on the bios.
    But, there's no guarantee folks would jump for joy over what I write.
    The fact that if you were writing means I would be treated to bios that I feel contain writing considerably higher than the current level.

That, in and of itself, is enough to make me jump just a little.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Another awesome episode!

- lol @ Pixel Dan's Mosquitor movement. He was one of my favorites back in the day too. I can't narrow it down to just one to start a movement though like you have with Mosquitor. MOTU is the one toyline that I seriously like 99.9999% of the figures and I had to have them all.

- Glad to see everyone on here going with white Swift Winds. I know that's what the vast majority wants and so do I but I'm not opposed to a classic style light pink one. Why can't they just do both to satisfy everyone? It's a simple repaint. Like I said before a lot of us are OCD when it comes to MOTU collecting and will get both anyways. Another thing I don't understand is why can't they just give us the one that we want instead of forcing us to "want" the Royal one. They know the prototype and style guide stuff exists. What is the big deal? This is why POP figures really intrigue me in MOTUC. I really cant wait to see what they look like. Well, that goes for all the figures (MOTU and POP) that we haven't seen in any other form except vintage!

- Scareglow's bio is one of the few that I believe is absolutely perfect. Nothing to have differences of opinion on there. One of the VERY FEW bios that has nothing to complain about (for me at least). I really like how they went with the mini-comic story and not the Ghost of Skeletor. I can't wait for a Ninjor figure to complete that nasty tag team! No idea about his crack on his skull either. Something I never really thought about and just accepted as an awesome detail on the figure.

- King Randor's bio is alright and his figure is awesome and really stands out with the color scheme like Eamon said. I do agree that the "of the house of whoever" real name stuff is kinda pointless. But throwing in "the Count Marzo uprisings" make up for that completely. Props to Pixel Dan for bringing that up and showing Count Marzo some love.

- I must admit I was a little paranoid when Val pre-warned me that he was calling me out by name in this episode. I was thinking about how he threatened to do that to those that have slacked on adding things to the site a couple episodes ago. Thankfully he said "in a good way" when I was like "aaaaaahhh" with paranoia. Anyways, I'm glad I started my own "Count Marzo uprisings" on here nearly a decade ago if that's what helped bring Count Marzo from Filmation to his updated 200x form.

- Love the lengthy 2 part interviews we're being served on here. Props to Mr. Nordling for this informative interview. This was an awesome one. Now I must admit, I don't know jack **** about the comic industry the way you guys do and I did learn quite a bit here. I'm just an obsessed fan who enjoys reading them and looking at the awesome artwork in them. You guys know the ins and outs. When the time comes that Mattel has their "logistics" right to make mini-comics or a standard size comic you know who I want involved. You guys obviously who are huge MOTU fans and couldn't possibly let us down, with a sprinkle of old school (if possible obviously) just like the MVC comics that we got a quite a few years back.

- I still have to call in...I know I know, I've been slacking on that too. I just feel dumb about it because both you and I know that I'm just gonna praise you guys' work on and devotion to MOTU and it's fans and then you're all going to try and be all modest about it like you don't do anything special for us. And all I have is a minute to do it in...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Listening now...

You guys mentioned Twitter for fast SDCC updates..
    Can you let us know the best people to follow?

Val, I'm following @ValStaples - Is that you?
    Dan, I just started following you.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    AI do agree that the "of the house of whoever" real name stuff is kinda pointless.
    This is the only point with which I'm going to disagree.

Sons' last (or a subsequent) name being either that of or related to the first name of the father is not a new thing, nor has it disappeared even in the 21st century. If there's no "last" name (as we know it) the father's first name is the identifier, i.e. names in the Middle Ages.

MOTU is built upon a medieval bent, so this is simply upholding that premise.

Although the folks I'm getting ready to use as examples have multiple names, as is the custom there, you'll get the idea.

1. Hussein 'Abid al-Majid
    son:
    2. Saddam Hussein
    son:
    3. Qusay Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti
    son:
    4. Mustapha Qusay Hussein al-Tikriti

...You guys get the point.

Additionally, Icelandic names differ from most Western family name systems by being patronymic (and ... A person's surname indicates the first name of the person's father ... ) In Western Europe patronyms were formerly widespread (up to a few hundred years ago) but later became confined to Scandinavia.

I'm babbling now. The above is why I actually LOVE the naming of Randor, Keldor, Adam and Adora.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I don't use Twitter, so... I dunno. Maybe it's me?
    I have no idea.

I don't use Twitter, so... I dunno. Maybe it's me?
    I have no idea.
    Ugh...why do grownups need such a thing???

If ya wanna go down that road, then why do we need MOTU toys?
    To each their own, my friend.
    Twitter isn't my thing, but I won't rain on the parade of those who use it (as long as they aren't driving while they do it)

If ya wanna go down that road, then why do we need MOTU toys?
    To each their own, my friend.
    Twitter isn't my thing, but I won't rain on the parade of those who use it (as long as they aren't driving while they do it)
    Fair enough. I guess that's just a part of this information age that I just don't "get".

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Fair enough. I guess that's just a part of this information age that I just don't "get".
    You aren't alone on that one.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I 3rd or 4th (whichever were on) that as well.

I don't believe in Twitter or any of those other things that people use to post their pointless things every 10 minutes.

However, if there was a use I could get out of it that I can't get here I'd would look at it. I'd rather just read about MOTU news here.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Ugh...why do grownups need such a thing???
    It depends on who you're following and what you want to use it for. For me, it's a fast and convenient way to get news updates, keep up to date with my favourite toy reviewers, singers, actors.. Without Twitter I wouldn't have met Eliza Dushku and Charisma Carpenter when they were in Sydney a few weeks ago.
    Used correctly, Twitter is a great site! You get out, what you put in...

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    It depends on who you're following and what you want to use it for. For me, it's a fast and convenient way to get news updates, keep up to date with my favourite toy reviewers, singers, actors.. Without Twitter I wouldn't have met Eliza Dushku and Charisma Carpenter when they were in Sydney a few weeks ago.
    Used correctly, Twitter is a great site! You get out, what you put in...
    That's it: it's good for celebrities who have all these people caring about when they next breathe oxygen.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That's it: it's good for celebrities who have all these people caring about when they next breathe oxygen.
    Yeah, that's a general stigma attached to Twitter.
    But I dont follow any of those celebs. I knew about Eliza and Charisma because I follow "Supernova" (Australia's version of Comic Con).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I 3rd or 4th (whichever were on) that as well.

I don't believe in Twitter or any of those other things that people use to post their pointless things every 10 minutes.

However, if there was a use I could get out of it that I can't get here I'd would look at it. I'd rather just read about MOTU news here.
    I fifth it. I wouldn't have been on Facebook if it weren't for Mattycollector.com.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I fifth it. I wouldn't have been on Facebook if it weren't for Mattycollector.com.
    Facebook is far superior. Here's why: I keep in touch with people or have reconnected with people that would have otherwise been impossible. Just no other way it would have been possible. Big difference in Facebook and Twitter.

Heroic Warrior

red hair race = ginger

Aemon is a ginger?

haven't you guys and gals heard of kick a ginger day?

That's your bias.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Dude, that's like an Unbirthday...every day!

Which DVD set was the Mini Comic Doco on?
    Lee was great to listen too! And so funny. I need to rewatch the doco..

And thanks for reading and giving your answer to my email questions.

Once again, you guys have done an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Aemon is a ginger?

That's your bias.
    Hahahahahaha....

Poor Eamon. Always getting picked on.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Dude, that's like an Unbirthday...every day!
    I love an all inclusive canon!