Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Teela, her bio, her cloning, etc...

Regarding Teela, her bio, her cloning, etc...

Regarding Teela...

Val, you mentioned something during the Teela bio discussion on Roast Gooble Dinner, and that made me think of something:

Maybe SHARELLA = The Sorceress + Teela.

Sharella is the "Trainer of he-man"

Teela trains Adam...

Sharella was the guide of the Elders

The Sorceress sort of functions the same way...

-----

I wonder if that's what happened... Perhaps Sharella didn't train Adam/He-Man... maybe she trained Oo-Larr, Wun-Dar, etc.

Sharella protects a sword that splits in half... perhaps she was split in two by a young Keldor... OR by Karak Nul (resulting in his severe butt-kicking and death/curse)... as a twisted punishment... or maybe she did it to herself...

Apparently the Elders consolidated their power and hid it in Grayskull just before Adam was born (at least according to the 200X continuity... which seems to be heavily favored here). Since they no longer resided in the Hall of Wisdom, someone had to protect the Power and the castle. Sharella, being their spirt-guide, either split herself, or was split and therefore could be in two places at once: Castle Grayskull as the Sorceress, and Training THE be-all end-all He-Man: Adam as Teela.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I like the direction you're heading.

Interesting. Very Interesting...

I think it would be a rather cool way to wrap up as much of the different origins as possible.

You could even retain the love story between Teela'na (The Sorceress) and someone else (a potential Teela father)... she could have cast a spell and the clone may be the result of that coupling.. otherwise you end up with a weird immaculate conception type thing, which in this case is just creepy.

As I've joked though, this means the Sorceress' bio is going to have to be 5 pages long LOL.

Who knows, maybe she'll be some kind of deluxe figure and come with a book LOL.

I just can't stop thinking about the similar armor for Sharella and Teela. I mean, that was an accident in the vintage toy line, but it's NOT going to be in this one. There HAS to be a reason.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ok Mister, what do you know?

You're making some good points.

When the discussion on Teela's bio began, I was expecting a lot more about the cloning thingy. Val didn't even want to touch it.
    They joked about the Sorceress cloning herself and where Mattle got the idea. I was surprised. I was expecting theories, like yours. Interesting...

What do I know? Only what I think up... what do YOU know?

Anyway, I really enjoy looking for, and trying to figure out any of the intimations and/or hidden things. It's a lot of fun.

I think the cloning is interesting because it doesn't negate Teela having her own personality, or her own significance... it just means she's capable, I suppose, of doing what her mother does... and perhaps "Clone" isn't even the best word for it, if, in fact, what I am suggesting is true.

It's like assexual reproduction for the good of the universe!

In the end, I just think that Sharella, The Sorceress, Teela, Karak Nul, King Hsss/Snake Men are related in some interesting way.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    What do I know? Only what I think up... what do YOU know?

Anyway, I really enjoy looking for, and trying to figure out any of the intimations and/or hidden things. It's a lot of fun.
    Haha. I don't know much. Same as you - only what I think up.

I also enjoy playing detective with the bios. I want it to be 2018 (or beyond, with all MotU, PoP, NA characters made) to see how everything comes together.

I wonder sometimes if putting the story together is similar to assembling a 200 piece puzzle with only 30 pieces... Anyway, fun theories, brian!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

It IS tough to try to piece it all together... and I still wonder how they will explain certain things when they can't really explain them in that many bios.

For example, Adam using the tech-sword can only be explained in certain bios really... I mean, you could have it in ANY bio, but it would be weird to have a few lines about it in Hoove's bio or something LOL.

Anyway, thanks, guys, for commenting I'm kind of surprised no one else jumped on this.

Ah well - I guess everyone likes fighting about colors and girls vs. boys more than discussing things like this

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Glad I found this thread... I am on a Motuc history/loose ends kick... I agree that Oo-Larr had to be the last He-Man trained by Sharella (the Green Goddess)... but the question for me is; At what point does Sharella give her armor to Teela'na and declare her the new Sorceress? This is Only 20 years before Adam so He-Man (Oo-Larr) and Teela (the future Sorceress) had a few adventures together before she was given Goddess powers (first)... then Sorceress duties(AFTER the birth of the twins, her cloning/birth of Teela AND as attacks on Grayskull grew after Gygor's raids). At this point the Sorceress still wears the Snake armor and battle along side of her, now teenaged clone/daughter (though the daughter doesn't know the Sorceress is her mother
    What happened to Sharella and when did she pass on her armor/powers to Teela'Na? (I think their spirits bonded and when Teela'Na was cloned Sharella allowed some of her spirit to flow into the new clone baby Teela.)
    What happened to Oo-larr after Adam was old enough to become He-Man?? (Did Gygor mortally wound Oo-Larr??)

Ah, well. For me, Teela will always be the natural born daughter of the Sorceress and Duncan, and the love that could not be.

Trying to figure out the new MOTUC timeline... which is a little more complicated than that since I want to make sense of the new bios. It mentions specifically in the Sorceress bio that Teela is her clone and it has always been that way since the mini-comics. This is the MOTUC timeline... MYP was oversimplifed when it came to the Teela/Sorceress storyline.

No Teela is NOT a clone!!!! (Stupid storyline)

In the Filmation & MYP she was the Sorceress's daughter...

That's how it is...

You young guys should go back and read the mini comics then maybe you will respect the views of those of us that were around back in the 80's when these toys were originally released. It's part of the bio's yet the MYP people have to jump in the conversation with your 4 exclamation points...LOL. If your argument begins and ends with MYP and that's it, then I repectfully ask that you allow me to dicuss this topic with others that aren't as dismissive... of the actual written and recorded history of the toyline that this thread is about...

and THAT is how it is.

Here's a link to all the mini-comics... for those that care to catch up.
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...tu/index.shtml

Don't get crotchety now. I was around for the original line, too, but I see no reason why we can't respect each other's canons. It's all in fun anyway,right?

And thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No Teela is NOT a clone!!!! (Stupid storyline)

In the Filmation & MYP she was the Sorceress's daughter...

That's how it is...
    This is how I see it. But the Filmation story to me is more prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    You young guys should go back and read the mini comics then maybe you will respect the views of those of us that were around back in the 80's when these toys were originally released. It's part of the bio's yet the MYP people have to jump in the conversation with your 4 exclamation points...LOL. If your argument begins and ends with MYP and that's it, then I repectfully ask that you allow me to dicuss this topic with others that aren't as dismissive... of the actual written and recorded history of the toyline that this thread is about...

and THAT is how it is.

Here's a link to all the mini-comics... for those that care to catch up.
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...tu/index.shtml
    I never regarded any of the story in the mini comics, for one, they were scattered in the early ones. I was a child of Filmation, and that is the story I prefer to stick to. I tossed all of my comics, I never was a comic reader, I still am not one. And regardless of what came first, Filmation made He-Man for me, not the comics, and I am not alone.

What this thread is about and what people prefer to believe as their cannon are two different matters. And I also prefer to not go by the Classics bios, because in my preference, Sorceress does not die of anything but old age, MAA was never a Snake, neither was any of the heroic warriors, that story is pretty lame.

I am 36, and I am one of those that were around in the 80's, my 2 biggest loves as a kid, Transformers & He-Man....both of my loves of each line was based on the shows, not the comics.

But I do agree on one thing, 200X is not the be all end all of MOTU, it's just a new story based on the one most of us grew up on, be it Mini Comics, or Filmation, if not for either one, there would be no MYP. Just like the G1 haters in Transformers circles....sorry, but no G1, no lame ass Unicron Trilogy, no lame ass Animated.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I should have realised that there was noone versed enough to talk about this when I seen that the thread originally died back in 2010...

As far as the cloning goes... maybe it's a fake memory to hide the fact that Malcolm (Fisto) was Teela's true father... and to remove any idea of a father at all, the cloning story was invented by Teela'Na and Man-at-Arm (Fisto's Brother... Fisto did have a serious bout of amnesia so it could have happened but quite the conspiracy theory for a cartoon) I don't know.

Anyway... The questions that I originally asked and got lost after the "I's" and "Me's" joined in:
    What happened to Sharella and when did she pass on her armor/powers to Teela'Na?
    What happened to the He-Man after Adam was old enough to become the one true He-Man?? (Did Gygor mortally wound him??)
    Last edited by He-Dude; November 30, 2012 at 12:05am.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I like where you are going with this Brian. I agree though that without a classics based media to add some depth it is very hard to piece together everything. Before Teela was shown wearing the standard Sorceress bird attire I had a theory that her Snake armor was going to be what she wore when she took the job. The way my thought process was going at that time was that Teela ends up being the most powerful sorceress in the universe and gained the ability to send a spirit manifestation through time itself. The name Sharella being used so as not to allow the enemy to trace her early training back to her future self.

Of course that theory has since been changed after seeing her appearance in the new mini comics. Your idea however I could still see being possible with what we know currently. It will be interesting to see where it all goes. I still would like them to release at least one more Teela using the newer buck with a swivel waist. That would be a great way for them to give her one more bio to wrap up any leftover questions. I'm just not sure what else they could do to make that figure different. Perhaps she could come with the longer 200x pony tail so like Bubble Power She-Ra or Snake Man-at-Arms we could create whatever Teela we want from mixing parts. All we would need is a Catra and Adora variant then to resolve the lack of full articulation seen in earlier female bucks. I somehow doubt this will happen but I can still dream!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Im a huge Teela fan but i think Sharella should be her own character, even though the bio says the Goddess real name is Sharella.

But Teela being the Goddess, that would make sense, the Goddess is not "trapped" in Castle Grayskull and Teela isnt anymore same as the Sorceress wasnt either after the towers appeared.

And im also refusing to accept Teela is a clone who one day will merge with the Sorceress so she can be whole again. The Sorceress is gone now anyway and im glad the authors forgot about that. Why of all things did the MOTUC bio creators keep that stupid idea while the rest is mostly MYP inspired anyway....?!

BUT

I have a totally different question regarding Teela:

Has there ever been an official picture or anything which shows Teela and Adam/He-Man in love? Like Kissing, holding hands, nice harmless gestures.

I googled that but i only found Fan-Art and nasty/ flithy Fan-Art mostly showing Teela half undressed, fully undressed and a lot of guys seem to love Teela in action with Evil-Lyn....weird....had to think about AVENUE Qs "Internet is for P***"

Anyway, i would love to see them in love! Not only in fan fiction or adult fantasies.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    And im also refusing to accept Teela is a clone who one day will merge with the Sorceress so she can be whole again. The Sorceress is gone now anyway and im glad the authors forgot about that. Why of all things did the MOTUC bio creators keep that stupid idea while the rest is mostly MYP inspired anyway....?!
    The bios used alot of the mini-comic lore too. Trap Jaw was an intergalactic crimiinal? The Goddess training He-Man? The Power Vest? Ram-man, Man-E-Faces and Tri-Klop's bios?

I have a totally different question regarding Teela:

Has there ever been an official picture or anything which shows Teela and Adam/He-Man in love? Like Kissing, holding hands, nice harmless gestures.

I googled that but i only found Fan-Art and nasty/ flithy Fan-Art mostly showing Teela half undressed, fully undressed and a lot of guys seem to love Teela in action with Evil-Lyn....weird....had to think about AVENUE Qs "Internet is for P***"

Anyway, i would love to see them in love! Not only in fan fiction or adult fantasies.
    He-Man and Teela being together is something that MOTU canons hint at.

The Beginning (MYP)

Teela is smitten with He-Man at first sight until Orko interrupts.

The Terror of Tri-Klops (Pre-Filmation)

He-Man and Teela are interrupted by Tri-Klops. He-Man's "Who dares?" is right! I would have been upset too...

The Problem with Power (Filmation)

At the end of the series He-Man carries Teela all the way back home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I never regarded any of the story in the mini comics, for one, they were scattered in the early ones. I was a child of Filmation, and that is the story I prefer to stick to. I tossed all of my comics, I never was a comic reader, I still am not one. And regardless of what came first, Filmation made He-Man for me, not the comics, and I am not alone.

What this thread is about and what people prefer to believe as their cannon are two different matters. And I also prefer to not go by the Classics bios, because in my preference, Sorceress does not die of anything but old age, MAA was never a Snake, neither was any of the heroic warriors, that story is pretty lame.

I am 36, and I am one of those that were around in the 80's, my 2 biggest loves as a kid, Transformers & He-Man....both of my loves of each line was based on the shows, not the comics.

But I do agree on one thing, 200X is not the be all end all of MOTU, it's just a new story based on the one most of us grew up on, be it Mini Comics, or Filmation, if not for either one, there would be no MYP. Just like the G1 haters in Transformers circles....sorry, but no G1, no lame ass Unicron Trilogy, no lame ass Animated.
    You think Animated was lame? At least the TFs had superpowers again...

However, Pre-Filmation and Filmation fans always seem to butt heads about which canon was better. Some of us read the mini-comics before the cartoon aired. Some of us ignored the mini-comics, because it wasn't the cartoon.

Here's a question...since TG doesn't like secrets in his bios and spills the beans, if he COULD have used the Filmation origin for Teela back in 2009, would you THINK you would have liked for him to reveal who Teela's father was? If you guys didn't like some characters dying, I can imagine what would happen if TG revealed Teela's father. Would he be a new character or someone we all know?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 30, 2012 at 02:37pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Speaking personally, the "Tale of Teela"/clone take has bothered me for years, and it was one of the first pieces of canon I was exposed to. (My sister got Teela for Christmas 1983, when I started collecting, and I read and kept the mini-comic; I saw "Teela's Quest" a month later.) I think part of it is that by having Skeletor tell Teela all this, it undercuts a lot of her subplot in the Filmation cartoon. It also makes Point Dread too important. Back when I was doing the continuity reunification essays for Adam Tyner's "Scrolls of Grayskull" newsletter in the late 90s, I figured out a way that satisfied me perfectly:

Skeletor lied. He's aware of some sort of connection between Teela and the Sorceress, according to some other bits of canon ("Grizzlor--The Legend Comes to Life!"). He makes up the story to break Teela's will, positioning himself as her father. (A similar theme was explored in the Golden hardcover storybook "Teela's Secret.")

As for Teela's father . . . in 200X, I think there's room for Duncan, Fisto, or even another soldier who got caught in the same incident that messed up Fisto's memory. Heck, that other soldier could even be Duncan himself, who may be so bitter towards his brother because "All right, we both suffered some memory problems. But I came back; he just abandoned the fight." For vintage? My personal canon has long been to place the flashbacks in "Origin of the Sorceress" just before those in "Teela's Quest" and "Secret of the Sword" (it's been a while since I watched OotS, so there may be dialogue or bits related to Morgoth's role than contradict this), and have her widowed and (unknown to herself) pregnant with Teela during the Horde's first strike against Eternia.

That would make Teela a couple hundred years old at the very least. Morgoth's attack happens when the Horde first discover Eternia-- thanks to Morgoth. Teela is born at least a couple hundred years later by the Sorceress' own words. Duncan is her real dad in my headcanon with good reasons for everyone lying based on something Skytree said about the Man At Arms.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Ah, well. For me, Teela will always be the natural born daughter of the Sorceress and Duncan, and the love that could not be.
    I have the same view, I've always liked them as her real parents, whether Mattel wants it to go in that direction or not, or maybe they do? In the 200x series The sorceress makes a comment to MAA, ".....your daughter." And he replies, "You mean my, (pause) adopted daughter."
    Did the sorceress cast a memory spell on Duncan too, where he doesn't remember the conception? Who knows?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Speaking on that what cannon is real??

I heard some people say what you believe that's canon...Huh???

I know TG got free control over the cannon lately and has done some good things and some bad things but here are the good:

Vikor
    Demo Man
    Vykron
    Oo-Larr
    Green Godess
    He-Ro

Bad:

Clone Teela (Long Haired Teela)
    Spector
    Some of the Bio's on the back of the MOTUC Cards
    Killing MAA Off (As a snake man) (Again)
    Clamp Champ should be clamp champ NOT MAA

I don't know why you hire writers to write the story of the cartoons to make them into the storyline (Cannon)and don't use the most important ideas?? Because I too have read the Mini Comics (First) then the DC Comic Book then the cartoon. I love how people tell you to read the mini comics when some of those stories had some weird stuff in them like He-Man's "Force Field" when he wore his armor or how his lost all of his strength when he lost his armor...lame

Besides if Teela was a clone they the Godess/Sorceress could absorb her back at anytime the Filmation/MYP version of Teela was IT bottom line she had a backstory and is her own person not a "Clone" Jango Fett - Boba Fett anyone???

ANd speaking of the bios Mattel should just hire gbagok's bio's:

MOTU Bio's

He TOTALLY get's it and it makes sense remember when Mattel used to take submissions from outside Mattel and some of them got made into toys??

Listen the first couple mini comics were great but when it looked like something for realistic came around Mattel went with that storyline and who's knows maybe these old stories could be used for Oo-Larr's background/story
    Last edited by Megalodon; November 30, 2012 at 06:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I prefer the cloning method.

Teela as a naturally hatched daughter just bugs me on multiple levels.

1) The whole 'zoar' issue is a big one. Even as a kid I realized the baby in a nest presented serious problems...

2) Sorceress is supposed to be some all powerful, mysterious guardian of grayskull. The idea of her 'hooking up' is just... bad.

3) Since when did 'Sorceress' become a title that passes down mother to daughter? Tella'na wasn't related tot he one before her. If MYP wanted to say there was a bloodline going all the way back to veena... then Adam and Teela share the same bloodline.... Gets a bit too 'Skywalker-ish' there...

Fans of Superman II and even Superman returns can point out that 'magically erasing your lover's memory after your done with them... is NOT COOL...

MYP had gave her a 'husband'... but then pointed out he had no memory... and she never got his name

If it's MAA... She wipes his memory of their 'good times'.... if it's FIsto... He ditches her the moment he remembers his name...

There are WAYYYYYYYY too many hoops to jump through to make 'natural born' the least bit palatable..

Magic spell gone awry? I remember the old days when Skeletor wanted to 'marry' Teela... Now he's hooked up with Evil Lynn and has a kid.... With all the focus on 'bloodline' in MOTUC, I could see some kind of prophecy that Skeletor NEEDED a powerful Sorceress for his mate and their progeny would be the key to his power or something...

The more the bios continue... the more it seems like EL was a contingency plan.

Also, looking at how often Sorceress gets weak and passes out in filmation... or succumbs to poison... or basically NEEDS Adam as much as she does... the idea that she's 'half-power' fits in REALLY well...