Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding Teela, her bio, her cloning, etc...

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I see Teela simply as the daughter of Man-At-Arms. Her mother died unexpectedly when Teela was young, and Man-At-Arms brought her up the only way he knew how, as an Eternian defender.

The snake armor is just something passed down generation to generation for the bravest female warrior in Eternia.

I also think the Sorceress believes Teela is important in the grand scheme (defender of Grayskull and possible future wife to He-Man). The Sorceress always seemed kinda like a nun to me, dedicated to the mission, but does care for Teela like a mother to a child, like a nun would care for a young girl/ lady trying to do good in the world. My canon is pretty blah and hokey, but I don't see why Teela needs to be a hatchling, clone, future Sorceress, or destiny's child.

See when does "cannon" refer to an actual story or does everyone "make up" their own

In other properties like Star Wars we know that Darth Vader is Anakin and that Luke & Leia are his children I'd like to see someone say that they are not.....

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the cloning method.

Teela as a naturally hatched daughter just bugs me on multiple levels.

1) The whole 'zoar' issue is a big one. Even as a kid I realized the baby in a nest presented serious problems...

2) Sorceress is supposed to be some all powerful, mysterious guardian of grayskull. The idea of her 'hooking up' is just... bad.

3) Since when did 'Sorceress' become a title that passes down mother to daughter? Tella'na wasn't related tot he one before her. If MYP wanted to say there was a bloodline going all the way back to veena... then Adam and Teela share the same bloodline.... Gets a bit too 'Skywalker-ish' there...

Fans of Superman II and even Superman returns can point out that 'magically erasing your lover's memory after your done with them... is NOT COOL...

MYP had gave her a 'husband'... but then pointed out he had no memory... and she never got his name

If it's MAA... She wipes his memory of their 'good times'.... if it's FIsto... He ditches her the moment he remembers his name...

There are WAYYYYYYYY too many hoops to jump through to make 'natural born' the least bit palatable..

Magic spell gone awry? I remember the old days when Skeletor wanted to 'marry' Teela... Now he's hooked up with Evil Lynn and has a kid.... With all the focus on 'bloodline' in MOTUC, I could see some kind of prophecy that Skeletor NEEDED a powerful Sorceress for his mate and their progeny would be the key to his power or something...

The more the bios continue... the more it seems like EL was a contingency plan.

Also, looking at how often Sorceress gets weak and passes out in filmation... or succumbs to poison... or basically NEEDS Adam as much as she does... the idea that she's 'half-power' fits in REALLY well...
    This is where I am at too with this... Though I don't think the Teela's are "half" of eachother. It's a shame that, even though it's written history, people want to dillute it and make it boring from what it was originally meant to be and not even give it a chance. The Filmation cartoon was a candy coated version of what MOTU was originally (did Teela hatch from an egg?? rediculous).
    This is about MOTUC and we accept the parts of what MYPers want to inject into MOTUC like KG and Keldor... but the written history of the line from the early 80's is just supposed to be wiped away?.. I don't think so... and I am really glad that no matter WHAT happens... the MOTUC bio's agree. The clone thing may be true or it may be a lie concocted to protect Teela and erase the true father from the events... but it is still part of the story no matter how hard people want to dismiss it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I see Teela simply as the daughter of Man-At-Arms. Her mother died unexpectedly when Teela was young, and Man-At-Arms brought her up the only way he knew how, as an Eternian defender.

The snake armor is just something passed down generation to generation for the bravest female warrior in Eternia.

I also think the Sorceress believes Teela is important in the grand scheme (defender of Grayskull and possible future wife to He-Man). The Sorceress always seemed kinda like a nun to me, dedicated to the mission, but does care for Teela like a mother to a child, like a nun would care for a young girl/ lady trying to do good in the world. My canon is pretty blah and hokey, but I don't see why Teela needs to be a hatchling, clone, future Sorceress, or destiny's child.
    Well I think Luke Skywalker is Darth Vaders father... and Chewbacca is Leia's brother. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by He-Dude; November 30, 2012 at 08:18pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    See when does "cannon" refer to an actual story or does everyone "make up" their own

In other properties like Star Wars we know that Darth Vader is Anakin and that Luke & Leia are his children I'd like to see someone say that they are not.....
    MOTU has so many canons, it's open season on imagination. The bios are just as valid as the Filmation cartoons, and your canon, and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Well I think Luke Skywalker is Darth Vaders father... and Chewbacca is Leia's brother. Thanks for your input.
    You're welcome! "Darth, I'm your fatherrrrr!"

I'm glad this was resurrected.

We still don't know the answers to a lot of the original questions

I will point out that as as fan of both pre and post filmation, you CAN have it both ways.

Teela could still be Teela'na's baby AND a clone... if the embryo was magically created and implanted... then she'd be giving birth to a clone of herself. Creepy? Yes, but who cares?

You can sort of ignore the scene in Tale of Teela where the Sorceress is split... OR you can reconcile it with the thought that it just didn't happen exactly like that... that maybe the spell was cast, and the being was split, and then the essence that would be Teela was magically implanted in Teela'na's womb?

Complicated.

My original intent with this thread was to do some hardcore nerd-talking... not create an argument.

Each person's interpretation is correct... Sorry, that's just the way it is
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Then why have cannon and stories (That most people follow) when you can just make up your own??? If you set certain things in motion over years and different media where it seems to be pointing in that direction then whay make those stories when it's not going to be followed as THE story??? It might as well be fan fiction then...

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    My canon is pretty blah and hokey, but I don't see why Teela needs to be a hatchling, clone, future Sorceress, or destiny's child.
    The shoes on her feet? She bought 'em.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    This is where I am at too with this... Though I don't think the Teela's are "half" of eachother. It's a shame that, even though it's written history, people want to dillute it and make it boring from what it was originally meant to be and not even give it a chance. The Filmation cartoon was a candy coated version of what MOTU was originally (did Teela hatch from an egg?? rediculous).
    Actually, the Filmation origin is taken almost directly from the original Halperin bible, which is probably as old or older than the Tale of Teela mini-comic. And there's nothing in any other material to support the 'clone' origin that I'm aware of. Use it if you like, but I wouldn't want to try and claim it has priority.

Then why have cannon and stories (That most people follow) when you can just make up your own??? If you set certain things in motion over years and different media where it seems to be pointing in that direction then whay make those stories when it's not going to be followed as THE story??? It might as well be fan fiction then...
    Unfortunately, the concept of a unified canon for MotU got lost sometime in 1982, when Michael Halperin took things in a radically different direction from the first four mini-comics and DC decided to take things in a similar but still different direction (Cave of Power, anyone?). Add in Filmation, the live-action movie, the MYP revival, the New Adventures, the UK comics, the magazine stories . . . MotU doesn't have a continuity (although you could stitch one together out of pretty much everything published in the US after the first four mini-comics and up to the 2002 relaunch ) so much as it has a mythology.
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; December 1, 2012 at 03:36pm.

MOTU is fantastic, in that it never really had one canon. And anyone trying to pull them all together to make one true canon, well, it's not possible at this point due to all the contradictions among various stories.

If someone wants to buy into the bios or one major story that's fine, but it'll never be for everyone. This thread is a fun stab at figuring out Teela's origin, but there is no one founder/creator of MOTU, so there will never be a concise answer to the questions we seek.

I know the canons are lost and convoluted... I thought we could come together and have fun with it and try to nail it down with what we know now once and for all... but people that barely know ANYTHING about it want to join in cause'- HEY... it don't cost nuthin'.
    I was just trying to have a conversation with like minded people... but there are none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

The thing is I'm not trying to have a conversation about each persons interpretation... just those that have a clue to the documented history.
    Last edited by He-Dude; November 30, 2012 at 10:54pm.

Personally I can't stand the whole "clone saga." Anybody get that?

I've always considered the Sorceress and M-A-A as Teela's parents. That's how I interpreted the Filmation origin back when I first saw that episode as a child. As I got older and re-watched the episode, I kind of just figured the whole "child in a nest" scene was just something created by the Sorceress to show Teela.

Then the MYP origin came out. I actually liked this origin just as much as the Filmation one. I know there are a lot of "plot holes" in it like not knowing the name of Teela's father. Remember though, that whole flashback is being told from the Sorceress's view point. It's quite possible that she purposely left out info.

Yes I do get the clone saga... and it makes perfect sense to me.
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...20/05-06.shtml

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Howard Mackie wants a word with you.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yes I do get the clone saga... and it makes perfect sense to me.
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...20/05-06.shtml

Never said it didn't make sense. Bad writing is still bad writing.

Just cause it's in a mini comic means bupkis to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Howard Mackie wants a word with you.
    A got a few words for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

I've always considered the Sorceress and M-A-A as Teela's parents. That's how I interpreted the Filmation origin back when I first saw that episode as a child. As I got older and re-watched the episode, I kind of just figured the whole "child in a nest" scene was just something created by the Sorceress to show Teela.

Then the MYP origin came out. I actually liked this origin just as much as the Filmation one. I know there are a lot of "plot holes" in it like not knowing the name of Teela's father. Remember though, that whole flashback is being told from the Sorceress's view point. It's quite possible that she purposely left out info.
    Another one that "get's it"

You know after Star Wars,Resident Evil and other films that beat the Cloning to death I don't want a "Clone" in MOTU that was one story and other media says different some people will never sway from the one story like it is the only story........

Heroic Warrior
    I've just skimmed this thread, so forgive me if it has been mentioned.

Time travel. Seeing as the Sorceress is magical in nature, she would have no problems putting on an anti-aging spell or rejuvenation spell. Spreading herself out over the different times would make her be all the various characters mentioned.
    Maybe the time traveling agent Spector had something to do with it (maybe not). Or maybe she regenerates into a new body having some of her past personalities and memories whilst gaining a slightly new look (ala Doctor who).

I'm for the magic-clone baby canon btw.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Teela's farther

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I've just skimmed this thread, so forgive me if it has been mentioned.

Time travel. Seeing as the Sorceress is magical in nature, she would have no problems putting on an anti-aging spell or rejuvenation spell. Spreading herself out over the different times would make her be all the various characters mentioned.
    Maybe the time traveling agent Spector had something to do with it (maybe not). Or maybe she regenerates into a new body having some of her past personalities and memories whilst gaining a slightly new look (ala Doctor who).

I'm for the magic-clone baby canon btw.
    personally I like the thought of Fisto posibley being her farther from MYP canon but that being said I allways kind of made up my own mythos concerning MOTU like disregarding prince adam all together. he ether did not exsist or was from the past as I recall I allways played this way.

with my brother as a child or putting on regular he man armor on Faker oh no you don't see that blue skin no you don't but anyways I hope this quiestion will be ansered some day I do hope Fisto is indeed Teela's farther

I'm okay with her being a clone of the Sorceress. I have an image in my head of when the Sorceress dies, of her merging back with Teela...like in the original minicomic. The Tale of Teela is still one of my favorites. I still love Duncan being her adoptive father. I don't think him not being her biological father diminishes their bond one bit.

As for the Goddess, maybe she simply incarnates herself physically with every generation? And when we see her in the minicomics, she's really a ghostly or disincarnate presence?

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    personally I like the thought of Fisto posibley being her farther from MYP canon but that being said I allways kind of made up my own mythos concerning MOTU like disregarding prince adam all together. he ether did not exsist or was from the past as I recall I allways played this way.

with my brother as a child or putting on regular he man armor on Faker oh no you don't see that blue skin no you don't but anyways I hope this quiestion will be ansered some day I do hope Fisto is indeed Teela's farther
    Why do you keep saying Teela's farther??

Why do you keep saying Teela's farther??
    I belive it was in MYP where we learn that the sorceress is Teelas mother,and is hinted that Fisto maybe Teela farther. and and the sorceress former lover. if im exagerteing little bit then, I apollagize deep regards honestly.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    I belive it was in MYP where we learn that the sorceress is Teelas mother,and is hinted that Fisto maybe Teela farther. and and the sorceress former lover. if im exagerteing little bit then, I apollagize deep regards honestly.
    I think the issue is that the word's "father", not "farther."