Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

Hybrid View

SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

Hey all!

Just like last year, I am going to try to make one catch-all thread for photos/news from the con.
    I'll try to keep the first post updated with links to relevant posts/threads/photos.

Photos:

Upcoming Figures:
    • August 2010 - Whiplash
    • September 2010 - Chief Carnivus, Gy-Gor
    • October 2010 - Roboto
    • November 2010 - Grizzlor, King Grayskull redeco, Eternian Guard 2-pack
    • December 2010 - Buzz-Off
    • January 2011 - Bow
    • February 2011 - Vikor
    • March 2011 - King Hsss
    • 2011 Subscription Bonus - Preternian disguise He-Man
    • 2011 Quarter 1 A-List Variant - Battle Armor Skeletor
    • 2011 Quarter 1 Beast figure - Shadowbeast
    Bill :: guitargod694

The wait is murder! Anyone have anything yet?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    And purely so that there's not a rush of pointless posts just to subscribe to this thread (as happened initially with the equivalent NYTF thread), just above and to the right of the top post there's a dropdown with a "subscribe to this thread" link:

Don't post just to subscribe, use that so that the thread doesn't get clogged with a load of "Cool!!!"s, "Can't wait!!..."s and "Got anything yet"s, which defeat the object of starting a clean thread...

Maybe I am just getting old or behind the times....but what time should we start seeing stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Maybe I am just getting old or behind the times....but what time should we start seeing stuff?
    The Matty panel is on Friday and starts at 1 p.m. I'm hoping for teasers (or outright reveals) before then.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Allright let's get the ball rolling pictures pictures come on people.

Gaaaah!!! Friday is too far away! Mattel should just beat the other toy companies down and do it today!

Man, you all got good eyes for details. All I saw was "Cool, they set up display with all the known characters!"

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    If Stratos/the two-tone She-Ra sword are indeed part of the next wave of DCUC vs MOTUC, I hope they get better distribution than the first wave... a nice stream instead of a trickle*.

*a stream that gently flows in the opposite direction of scalp-or and his associates
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    If Stratos/the two-tone She-Ra sword are indeed part of the next wave of DCUC vs MOTUC, I hope they get better distribution than the first wave... a nice stream instead of a trickle*.

*a stream that gently flows in the opposite direction of scalp-or and his associates
    my toys R us still has many multiples of both He-man/Superman & Skeletor/Lex two packs, though heavier on the Skeletor/Lex.

If anyone wants one I'll buy em and ship em for cost (plus shipping I guess) if you can tell me how to get reimbursed.

If I knew Ebay, I'd do that I guess, but I'd do it to be friendly, not to make money. I just know some things get released very uneven in different places.

If anyone has a need for either of these and knows how to reimburse me for it, game on.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe Ghostal View Post

And Paws, Cute puddly paws, like the old one.

Never noticed about the crossbos. Hate them. Dont display them. But Yeah! that they were unique and are still. Good job 4H.

Thankfully loin cloth comes off. Wundar if the weapons store on his belt/back/harness? That would be cherry.

Oh, and is it at all possible his long curved sword is Jitsu's sword? Wundard about that with Carnivus's sword as well, but Grizzlors is even more similar.

And was Jitsu's curved sword same as Ninjors? Either way, this could be one of their swords right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Alright, I'm offically excited about Grizzlor! SO glad to see those extra weapons. That's just awesome!
    agreed. Dont know why, but all the weapons just made me love him (that and that loincloth comes off.) But they are just tops! beautiful, dont even know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    I want some Moss Man deodorant
    Me too. I hope it smells EXACTALLY like Moss Man. And If I can get some on eBay, I totally am. And if it smells like Moss Man, I'm using it to "Refresh" him win his smell eventually wears off!

**Please remove image tags when replying with a quote. Thanks!**
    Last edited by baronterror; July 23, 2010 at 01:16am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    What about that King Grayskull down there? is that the original... or does anyone with an eye for detail notice any refresh changes on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Man, you all got good eyes for details. All I saw was "Cool, they set up display with all the known characters!"
    LOL...I'm the same way. It takes me a bit to evaluate what's going on in the pics, whereas it seems like most everyone else catches these details in a matter of seconds.

Heroic Warrior
    So far, I'm not sure how to take these display pictures...

Stratos doesn't seem to have any weapons or a grabbing hand yet... what would be the point of releasing him with no improvement, and with different wings/armor colors ?

Zoar in "vintage Sorceress colors"... Is it just a cruel game, or does it seem to show Sorceress could be one of the reveals (not extremely plausible, since there is no trademark for her so far) ?

She-Ra's silver sword : a hint revealing just a little bit of weapons pack 2 ? All in all, I just wonder if the display was shown and spread online to give us some "clues", or if it was just a cruel joke so fans would "jump to conclusions".

WhipLash,Captain Carivore,all Chrome She-Ra,Grizzlor!!!

Comc con is looking pretty good. Prince Adam statue this year

Chrome She-Ra??????????????? Where????

Quote Originally Posted by kaliman View Post
    Comc con is looking pretty good. Prince Adam statue this year

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Chrome She-Ra??????????????? Where????
    Right next to Captain Carnivore.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If Stratos is from a new DC/MOTU 2-pack, I wonder who he will be matched up with.
    If it isn't Hawkman, I'll be extremely disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm hoping the person who theorized a TRU 2-Pack with She-Ra in it is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Me too! Her vs Wonder Woman...with the Star Riders comic.
    While I wouldn't mind getting a Star Riders comic, I'm in the minority in that I want She-Ra to come with Supergirl. I feel they both have a lot more in common...

* She-Ra & Supergirl are both long lost blood relatives to He-Man & Superman.

* She-Ra has Swiftwind & Supergirl has Comet The Superhorse.

* She-Ra & Supergirl both have powers similar to their heroic relatives(along with some additional ones).

* She-Ra was manipulated by Hordak to bring her to his side and Supergirl(at least in current continuity) was manipulated by Darkseid to bring her to his side.

I think Wonder Woman fits better with Teela since they are both highly skilled fighters who specialize in hand-to-hand combat(She-Ra uses a sword more often than not). They were both created artificially. Wonder Woman from mud & clay and Teela is a clone.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While I wouldn't mind getting a Star Riders comic, I'm in the minority in that I want She-Ra to come with Supergirl. I feel they both have a lot more in common...

* She-Ra & Supergirl both have powers similar to their heroic relatives(along with some additional ones).

* She-Ra was manipulated by Hordak to bring her to his side and Supergirl(at least in current continuity) was manipulated by Darkseid to bring her to his side.

I think Wonder Woman fits better with Teela since they are both highly skilled fighters who specialize in hand-to-hand combat(She-Ra uses a sword more often than not). They were both created artificially. Wonder Woman from mud & clay and Teela is a clone.
    Hard to argue with that logic.

I still hope for Wonder Woman, as I am hoping they only use characters from Super Powers. I don't collect DCUC but wouldn't mind getting Super Powers-like figures for pure nostalgic value.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Very interesting points...some of which I didn't know, but my vote still goes for Wonder Woman:

- Both are the main heroines of their own lines
    - Both are the strongest women in their universes (arguably, for Wonder Woman)
    - Both have tiaras
    - Both have magical weapons (sword and lasso...and She-Ra liked to turn her sword into a lasso a lot)
    - Both fly
    - Both have mothers who are Queens
    - Both are surrounded by a society of almost all women (Themyscira is all women except for pilot Steve Trevor, who crash lands there...and Bow is the only male among all the PoP ladies in the toys. Ironically, Marlena..her mother..pilots a ship that also crashes in a strange land, Eternia)
    - Both have powerful villains from hell trying to get complete control over a planet (Hordak/Fright Zone/Etheria is not COMPLETELY taken over and Ares/literally hell/causes all the wars, hatred, fighting, etc. on Earth)
    - Both were stolen as babies and brainwashed...kind of (Wonder Woman's twin sister Nubia was kidnapped and raised by Mars, brainwashed by his ring. She fought her sister nearly to the death. Nubia is the black Wonder Woman).
    - Both have powerful secret identities. Adora is the leader of the rebellion and a fighter. Diana Prince is a secret agent.
    - Both have had their own toylines. Supergirl has never had her own. Wonder Woman = prototypes for Wonder Woman and the Starriders AND she had the small line of her newest comic book series figures.
    - Wonder Woman has a magical winged unicorn, pegasus, pegacorn...whatever you want to name it, just like She-Ra. His name is Nightshine.
    - Wonder Woman also has a Crystal Castle-like place (seen in pic with Nightshine). If you don't go for that, Themyscira is hidden by clouds just like Crystal Castle so no man can find it.

That's it for now, but LOTS of comparisons.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 21, 2010 at 08:40pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If it isn't Hawkman, I'll be extremely disappointed!

Technically speaking, WW uses a sword as well.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Right next to Captain Carnivore.
    This response really made me laugh - I noticed the same thing.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Darkspecter your gif didn't come out.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Darkspecter your gif didn't come out.
    I think the site didn't allow posting, so I put it on my Photobucket and updated my post.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think the site didn't allow posting, so I put it on my Photobucket and updated my post.
    Thank you! I swear I get such a kick out of those!!

everything looks awsome, cant wait to see more!