Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That's alright. You don't need them.
    Yes. he does!!

they rock!! the big gurrls dancin, the birthday kid freakin out and disappointed black woman with a punch bowl to name a few.

So is there going to be any more reveals? I don't know how the SDCC works at all but I'm finding it hard to get excited about some different coloured figures and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If Stratos is from a new DC/MOTU 2-pack, I wonder who he will be matched up with.
    If it isn't Hawkman, I'll be extremely disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm hoping the person who theorized a TRU 2-Pack with She-Ra in it is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Me too! Her vs Wonder Woman...with the Star Riders comic.
    While I wouldn't mind getting a Star Riders comic, I'm in the minority in that I want She-Ra to come with Supergirl. I feel they both have a lot more in common...

* She-Ra & Supergirl are both long lost blood relatives to He-Man & Superman.

* She-Ra has Swiftwind & Supergirl has Comet The Superhorse.

* She-Ra & Supergirl both have powers similar to their heroic relatives(along with some additional ones).

* She-Ra was manipulated by Hordak to bring her to his side and Supergirl(at least in current continuity) was manipulated by Darkseid to bring her to his side.

I think Wonder Woman fits better with Teela since they are both highly skilled fighters who specialize in hand-to-hand combat(She-Ra uses a sword more often than not). They were both created artificially. Wonder Woman from mud & clay and Teela is a clone.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r_r_r_22 View Post
    So is there going to be any more reveals? I don't know how the SDCC works at all but I'm finding it hard to get excited about some different coloured figures and weapons.
    They may throw us another surprise, but we probably won't see the big reveals until after the Mattypalooza Panel on Friday at 1pm PST.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Right next to Captain Carnivore.
    This response really made me laugh - I noticed the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Glad to hear you guys get a kick of of 'em. I'll try not to go overboard.
    Why not? The gifs are a fun & often hilarious way you show your excitement. No ones getting hurt by them.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While I wouldn't mind getting a Star Riders comic, I'm in the minority in that I want She-Ra to come with Supergirl. I feel they both have a lot more in common...

* She-Ra & Supergirl both have powers similar to their heroic relatives(along with some additional ones).

* She-Ra was manipulated by Hordak to bring her to his side and Supergirl(at least in current continuity) was manipulated by Darkseid to bring her to his side.

I think Wonder Woman fits better with Teela since they are both highly skilled fighters who specialize in hand-to-hand combat(She-Ra uses a sword more often than not). They were both created artificially. Wonder Woman from mud & clay and Teela is a clone.
    Hard to argue with that logic.

I still hope for Wonder Woman, as I am hoping they only use characters from Super Powers. I don't collect DCUC but wouldn't mind getting Super Powers-like figures for pure nostalgic value.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm excited about blue-winged Stratos. That's the version I had as a kid and has always been *the* version, as far as I'm concerned. I just hope it isn't in another silly DCU 2 pack. I know I'm in the minority on that, but enough is enough.

By the way, what is "all-chrome She-Ra"? Does that just mean She-Ra with the two-toned silver sword? The shield she's holding still looks like it's on the golden side to me. Hard to tell with the lighting.
    Last edited by Ntumbuluku; July 21, 2010 at 06:37pm.

Dudes, remember: Toyguru saw the light earlier this year regarding the placement of Stratos' wings. Look for the blue wing version for the corrected side arm wings.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I think the site didn't allow posting, so I put it on my Photobucket and updated my post.
    Thank you! I swear I get such a kick out of those!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Hard to argue with that logic.
    Wonder Woman makes sense since she's DC's most popular female hero. I'm also putting way more thought into this than Mattel probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I still hope for Wonder Woman, as I am hoping they only use characters from Super Powers. I don't collect DCUC but wouldn't mind getting Super Powers-like figures for pure nostalgic value.
    I'm with you. I'm not collecting DCUC(good thing too since I wouldn't have any room to walk in my house between that & MOTUC) but I wouldn't mind some DC toys since Super Powers was one of my favorite toylines as a kid.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Widget
    The change on the colors for Stratos looks simple enough to put in a TRU 2 pack as I dont think they would release that as a bonus figure, or how would people feel maybe as just a repainted reissue?

Since the Sorceress colored Zoar was out there last year so maybe she just keeping an eye on things lol!

And I would guess the new She-ra sword will be in the weapons pack or come with the Sorceress (since she gave it to He-Man to give to Adora).

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Boots View Post
    The change on the colors for Stratos looks simple enough to put in a TRU 2 pack as I dont think they would release that as a bonus figure, or how would people feel maybe as just a repainted reissue?
    Id be fine with it, as the Blue wing stratos is 'THE' Stratos to me (as another poster already pointed out also) and Im sure he is for a lot of us.

Id buy him in a heartbeat,even if he is a DCU 2 pack, id rip him open and throw the DC figure on Ebay!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Very interesting points...some of which I didn't know, but my vote still goes for Wonder Woman:

- Both are the main heroines of their own lines
    - Both are the strongest women in their universes (arguably, for Wonder Woman)
    - Both have tiaras
    - Both have magical weapons (sword and lasso...and She-Ra liked to turn her sword into a lasso a lot)
    - Both fly
    - Both have mothers who are Queens
    - Both are surrounded by a society of almost all women (Themyscira is all women except for pilot Steve Trevor, who crash lands there...and Bow is the only male among all the PoP ladies in the toys. Ironically, Marlena..her mother..pilots a ship that also crashes in a strange land, Eternia)
    - Both have powerful villains from hell trying to get complete control over a planet (Hordak/Fright Zone/Etheria is not COMPLETELY taken over and Ares/literally hell/causes all the wars, hatred, fighting, etc. on Earth)
    - Both were stolen as babies and brainwashed...kind of (Wonder Woman's twin sister Nubia was kidnapped and raised by Mars, brainwashed by his ring. She fought her sister nearly to the death. Nubia is the black Wonder Woman).
    - Both have powerful secret identities. Adora is the leader of the rebellion and a fighter. Diana Prince is a secret agent.
    - Both have had their own toylines. Supergirl has never had her own. Wonder Woman = prototypes for Wonder Woman and the Starriders AND she had the small line of her newest comic book series figures.
    - Wonder Woman has a magical winged unicorn, pegasus, pegacorn...whatever you want to name it, just like She-Ra. His name is Nightshine.
    - Wonder Woman also has a Crystal Castle-like place (seen in pic with Nightshine). If you don't go for that, Themyscira is hidden by clouds just like Crystal Castle so no man can find it.

That's it for now, but LOTS of comparisons.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 21, 2010 at 07:40pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Just ordered a 2011 subscription. Watch them switch the whole line to My Little Pony now....haha

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Just ordered a 2011 subscription. Watch them switch the whole line to My Little Pony now....haha
    hahahaha!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Very interesting points...some of which I didn't know, but my vote still goes for Wonder Woman:

- Both are the main heroines of their own lines
    - Both are the strongest women in their universes (arguably, for Wonder Woman)
    - Both have tiaras
    - Both have magical weapons (sword and lasso...and She-Ra liked to turn her sword into a lasso a lot)
    - Both fly
    - Both have mothers who are Queens
    - Both are surrounded by a society of almost all women (Themyscira is all women except for Steve Trevor, who crash lands there...and Bow is the only male among all the PoP ladies in the toys)
    - Both have powerful villains from hell trying to get complete control over a planet (Hordak/Fright Zone/Etheria is not COMPLETELY taken over and Ares/literally hell/causes all the wars, hatred, fighting, etc. on Earth)
    - Both were stolen as babies and brainwashed...kind of (Wonder Woman's twin sister Nubia was kidnapped and raised by Mars, brainwashed by his ring. She fought her sister nearly to the death. Nubia is the black Wonder Woman).
    - Both have powerful secret identities. Adora is the leader of the rebellion and a fighter. Diana Prince is a secret agent.
    - Both have had their own toylines. Supergirl has never had her own. Wonder Woman = prototypes for Wonder Woman and the Starriders AND she had the small line of her newest comic book series figures.
    - Wonder Woman has a magical winged unicorn, pegasus, pegacorn...whatever you want to name it, just like She-Ra. His name is Nightshine.
    - Wonder Woman also has a Crystal Castle-like place (seen in pic with Nightshine). If you don't go for that, Themyscira is hidden by clouds just like Crystal Castle so no man can find it.

http://www.toyotter.com/actiongirl/s...s/wwcastle.jpg

That's it for now, but LOTS of comparisons.
    It's not a big deal for me either way since I like all 3 characters. I was just "geeking" out.

Is Nightshine a Star Riders creation? I don't think I've ever heard of him/her.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It's not a big deal for me either way since I like all 3 characters. I was just "geeking" out.

Is Nightshine a Star Riders creation? I don't think I've ever heard of him/her.
    I think so. It still counts. She rides endless horses into battle in the comic though. I have only read the comics Nubia is in, the George Perez years and some of the newer WW comics...so I can't be certain where Nightshine originated. I think Mattel created him for her though.

Nightshine was Swiftwind...repainted!

Mini-comic picture:

Last edited by Darkspecter; July 21, 2010 at 07:59pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Yeah, I would also prefer She-Ra/Wonder Woman. I also really want them to include the Womder Woman and the Star Riders comic.

But I'm not opposed to a She-Ra/Supergirl either. I had the Toy Biz Wonder Woman from 1989/1990.. but never owned a Supergirl figure before.

I think so. It still counts. She rides endless horses into battle in the comic though. I have only read the comics Nubia is in, the George Perez years and some of the newer WW comics...so I can't be certain where Nightshine originated. I think Mattel created him for her though.

Nightshine was Swiftwind...repainted!
    I wasn't trying to find "holes" in your opinion, I just didn't remember Wonder Woman having a pet unicorn. It's too bad she doesn't have one in the comics.

It really was nuts that Mattel designed a whole new line around Wonder Woman that was basically just POP 2.0.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wasn't trying to find "holes" in your opinion, I just didn't remember Wonder Woman having a pet unicorn. It's too bad she doesn't have one in the comics.
    Maybe during her Phil Jiminez WonderDome days or Amazons Attack...

It's a pity that we can't get a MOTUC version of the DC trinity...Superman teamed up with He-Man, Wonder Woman would have had a POP-like line and Batman had his own Mattel comic-based line for awhile.

It would be so cool to get Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman with MOTUC bodies.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 21, 2010 at 08:07pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

It really was nuts that Mattel designed a whole new line around Wonder Woman that was basically just POP 2.0.
    Oh, okay. Just making sure. Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't release this series. It was supposed to be a cartoon by Warner Bros., and Supergirl was planned for wave 2:

...and the only mini-comic the public has seen (although there is a whole set made), for those who have NO clue what we're talking about. :

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It would be so cool to get Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman with MOTUC bodies.
    DEFINITELY! I think DC might be the reason this isn't happening though.

these are not the pictures i came here to see!

Quote Originally Posted by issarged View Post
    these are not the pictures i came here to see!
    Sorry! I got carried away with excitement/anticipation for a She-Ra vs. Wonder Woman two-pack with StarRiders comic. I won't post anymore StarRiders pictures!

GRIZZLOR!

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?di...c=DSC06610.jpg

and look at the big power sword in the case!
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2010_...l/DSC06615.jpg

i like grizzlor a lot and he comes with extra weapons like the staction YAY!
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 21, 2010 at 08:32pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure