Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    What's next...?
    Leech - The figure that sucks
    Catra has the potential to be soooo much worse.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

What's next...?
    hehe. That actually would be quite cool!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    He is a toy design artist, has worked on a lot of brands (WWE, Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Pokemon, Naruto)
    Oh, okay!

What's next...?
    That's just too much.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

grizzlor is awsome, whiplash is awsome. they both look great dont like grizzlor's tag too much though! i was also hoping to see some big reveal, aside from grizzlor, any news on anything new?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    We won't see anything more I'm guessing until tomorrow during the Mattypalooza panel.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Hmm... I'm really not digging Gizzlor. Too much fur. The head sculpt just seems boring to me.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Grizzlor does look like too fur. But I had issues with pics of figures before I actually owned them so I will wait until I have him in hand to go any further.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior

"Chrome She-Ra"

So, there's a little part of me that hopes to own one of the two Spirits of Grayskull someday. I know it will never happen and I'm not planning on trying to get one. But the Spirit of Grayskull seems like an almost legitimate figure in the line.

The chrome 25th anniversary She-Ras, on the other hand? Not interested. They look like Oscars, not action figures. While they're cool in their own right, the "completionist" in me doesn't feel like they're real MOTUC figures.

Anyone else feel this way?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    So, there's a little part of me that hopes to own one of the two Spirits of Grayskull someday. I know it will never happen and I'm not planning on trying to get one. But the Spirit of Grayskull seems like an almost legitimate figure in the line.

The chrome 25th anniversary She-Ras, on the other hand? Not interested. They look like Oscars, not action figures. While they're cool in their own right, the "completionist" in me doesn't feel like they're real MOTUC figures.

It makes sense how you feel/what you're saying, because in the mini-comics and in the Filmation cartoon, there WAS a Spirit of Grayskull that talked to the heroes and the Sorceress.

So, yes...he is a valid character we were denied and not a cool extra, like She-Ra. Makes sense. I still feel denied She-Ra though!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Argggh...the Transformers panel sucked big time...no real new happenings if TF land. Here's a memorable quote from the TFW2005 forums.

That was ****ing clown shoes, Hasbro.

Seriously, they may as well just walked up, farted into the microphone, given everyone the finger, and flown off in a helicopter piloted by Michael Bay. At least then we'd have something interesting to discuss later.
    I'm so glad that Toyguru's presentation skills are usually light years better. I have ragged on him a bit in the past, but the man can hold an interesting press conference.

(At least G.I. Renegades looks interesting--it's like a mix between Sommer's movie, IDW, Devil's Due and Resolute. Wonder what Shokoti and J-Man think.)
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 22, 2010 at 07:19pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post

Yeah, I'm not a huge Spirit of Grayskull fun, but I think I actively dislike the chrome She-Ras. I wouldn't want to own one.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Argggh...the Transformers panel sucked big time...no real new happenings if TF land. Here's a memorable quote from the TFW2005 forums.

I'm so glad that Toyguru's presentation skills are usually light years better. I have ragged on him a bit in the past, but the man can hold an interesting press conference.

(At least G.I. Renegades looks interesting--it's like a mix between Sommer's movie, IDW, Devil's Due and Resolute. Wonder what Shokoti and J-Man think.)

Mega that quote almost made me do a spit take. I'll totally have to check out what was said (or not said) at the TF panel. It sounds terrible.

You can always count on Scott to make the panel interesting. Again though I think it has a lot to do with b/c he is such a huge fan himself.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    YES!!!! That's what I thought too. The figures fur is shaped as such that it makes the proportions seem off. That was the same problem I had with the vintage figure. The Staction didn't look like that.
    Is there ANY way fur that long could look good? (proportionately, it's as if he has shoulder length hair over his whole torso) The fur should be the length Moss Man's flock turned out (while MM should have had really short flock like the prototype).

Wasn't the actual TF convention just a couple of weeks ago? No wonder there's no news.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    Hmm... I'm really not digging Gizzlor. Too much fur. The head sculpt just seems boring to me.
    You know, I totally get what you are saying. I'd be willing to deal with the fur, if he had an extra *AHEM200XAHEM* head.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

I haven't seen anything from SDCC that wasn't MOTU yet, but other than Resolute(too many good characters were written as 1 dimensional cannon fodder) and some of the "updates" in IDW's main book, I'm a fan of all of those Joe interpretations. Although, other than buying a few ROC toys and the first 3 Sideshow 12" figures, I haven't really been into Joe toys since the 80's. There are always so many of them to keep track of that I usually just lose interest. I am always on board for any Joe comic, cartoon, or movie though.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Mega that quote almost made me do a spit take. I'll totally have to check out what was said (or not said) at the TF panel. It sounds terrible.
    I was rolling for 5 minutes!

You can always count on Scott to make the panel interesting. Again though I think it has a lot to do with b/c he is such a huge fan himself.
    Yeah...that definitely is quite an advantage!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Wasn't the actual TF convention just a couple of weeks ago? No wonder there's no news.
    Yeah, all the good toyline stuff was already revealed at Botcon. I think the major thing that is supposed to be hyped are those new cartoons from The Hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I haven't seen anything from SDCC that wasn't MOTU yet, but other than Resolute(too many good characters were written as 1 dimensional cannon fodder) and some of the "updates" in IDW's main book, I'm a fan of all of those Joe interpretations. Although, other than buying a few ROC toys and the first 3 Sideshow 12" figures, I haven't really been into Joe toys since the 80's. There are always so many of them to keep track of that I usually just lose interest. I am always on board for any Joe comic, cartoon, or movie though.
    Here you go--The new Joe toon coverage
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 22, 2010 at 07:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a huge Spirit of Grayskull fun, but I think I actively dislike the chrome She-Ras. I wouldn't want to own one.
    I agree. I'm a big She-Ra fan but those just look like the cheap little statues that toy companies sell at ToysRus to commorate anniversaries for their franchises(TMNT, Marvel Comics).

Yeah, all the good toyline stuff was already revealed at Botcon. I think the major thing that is supposed to be hyped are those new cartoons from The Hub.
    The Hub, along with all the different comics & sub-lines(Mighty Muggs, Hero Squad) Hasbro likes to put their franchises in, really makes this Mattel fan jealous of how forward thinking Hasbro can be. They make plenty of bad decisions, imo, but at least they try things.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 22, 2010 at 07:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    You know, I totally get what you are saying. I'd be willing to deal with the fur, if he had an extra *AHEM200XAHEM* head.
    Yup, I feel the same!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Grizzlor looks too much for me. He needs a shave. I’ll stick with the vastly superior Grizzlor staction.
    Last edited by Krueger; July 22, 2010 at 08:03pm.

SDCC Celebration

I don't know about anyone else but to me tomorrow is my "Superbowl"
    I've read others compare it to a renewal of the feelings they felt for Christmas. So i was wondering what people are doing to celerate this joyous event?

For instance everyday this week i had a new Masters of the Universe background up on my computer. Tommorow my 7 month year old daughter is wearing her Masters of the Universe shirt and i'm taking the day off work. Like last year my wife is making me pre game snacks ( I love her so much !) and i'm going to sit at the computer and get excited following twitter feeds, toyarc announcments, and ofcourse he-man.org forum fervor!!!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    No celebration for me but I will be excited! Sucks that I have to work but at least I'll get to see the figures before I go in...and think about them my whole shift but when I get home I'll be on the comp all night just checking out flicks from the new reveals. It's taking too long!
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

I hate sitting in front of the computer for sdcc, i do it to find out all the news and whatnot, but being there is so much better, i even miss having to squeeze through all the crowds, i just don't miss the queues....
    MOTUC is my thing!

Anybody get a set of the art prints!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Does anyone have info on the mossman deodorant??

Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

I believe the deodorant is a giveaway for con attendees.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!