Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'm actually loving the reveals this time. I was blown away by Bow, something I certainly wasn't expecting. Did anybody else notice that he has NA He-Man's boots and Gauntlets though?
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    This reveal is something, b/c how much hate did Bow get when people found out he was the first figure in the new sub? I think it goes to show regardless of what era the figures is from, we can expect the Horseman to do it justice.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    can't. wait. for. HISS!! march is so far away. :[

I wish King Greyskull didn't come with a Santa Clause cape but whadda ya gonna do

In my opinion they all look great especially King Hsss. Pre-ternia He-man looks downright silly. My question about one or two subs has been answered with his revelation. 1 for me...
    Last edited by sithjedi171; July 23, 2010 at 06:00pm. Reason: Miss spelling
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    any alright show, nothing i'll go crazy over though
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Widget

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Wasn't a big fan of it.

Some great reveals.
    I can't see any difference with King Grayskull. He looks pretty similar
    to the SDCC version.
    Roboto is nice. I hope his translucent chest won't break apart
    by moving his head or arms.
    Vikor looks so much like Conan it's not even funny. Maybe blonde hair would be better? Still an awesome figure.
    While the last subscription figure was cool, the Preternian Disguise He-Man is just a dud.
    The only cool thing about him is the movie accurate Cosmic Key.
    King Hiss I never cared much for. Heck, I found Flogg awesomer than him. Still, nice figure.
    I'm amazed with Bow. He looks awesome and tough.
    BA Skeletor is cool. Time to get a new BA He-Man (my last one was crazy loose), so I can pit them against each other.
    Buzz-Off is interesting, tough I'm really not feeling those hi-tech wings. Wish he could have organic ones. Cool to see he has his 200X little legs.
    Shadow Beast is meh.
    Some great accessories in the new weapons pack.
    The Army builder 2-pack is awesome. 2 figures and 4 heads. Sadly I'll only get one pack due to monetary constraints.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Widget

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Pre-ternia He-man looks a little Eldor-ish. I bet they'll reuse the robe and hood for Eldor. He looks super cool, but I don't know where he's from. Did He-man ever dress like that in Filmation or something?

Everything else looks extremely impressive. I'm especially happy with Bow. I was counting on the 4H to turn him into a figure I could care about and they totally came through. He looks great.
    Bow's almost exactly as I figured he would look. He's on my She-Ra calendar this month and looks very similar to that!

I do think this will be re-used for Eldor. I mentioned that in my thread petitioning for this He-Man...so I'm pumped for him!

His robe definitely should be shorter though...

Your GIF is hilarious Tally!

I LOVE Bow though! WOO Bow! *happy dance*

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by eternia23 View Post
    can't. wait. for. HISS!! march is so far away. :[
    haha, King Hsss = 2010 Moss Man. That was a LONG wait. It's so far away that it's best to pretend it isn't even coming. lol

I wish people who are only moderate MotU fans would stop expressing disappointment with the reveals. It's like an NFL fan who only watches the Superbowl talking about how he didn't care for game 6 of the regular season.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    1. King Hsss is so disappointing. Would it have been that hard to at least give him his 2002 head as an extra accessory? On the other hand, the snake body is pretty cool and resembles the 2002 design.

2. What the hell is up with Vikor? I mean, if they wanted to give us a Conan figure, why didn't they just get the rights to use the name Conan? Well whatever, that is who is going to be to me, Conan, not some viking He-Man.

3. How many friggin He-Mans do we need? Why couldn't we get someone we know for the exclusive figure? Hell, I would have rather had Movie He-Man over that thing.

4. Bow is surprisingly cool looking, but why are the pictures to Roboto and Palace Guards in such poor quality? I cannot make accurate decisions about them.

5. Buzz-Off is weak, mostly becuase of his stupid cutesy head. I understand this line is meant to be more taken from the 80s series, but Buzz-Off is one of those characters that we should only get in the 2002 form when it comes to his head.

6. The Weapons pack is pretty cool, especially the perch and Evil-Lyn's weapons. However, I was hoping for something more in them like the Havok staff.

7. Battle Armor Skeletor is okay, but I don't like that he is going to have rotating armor. That ruins the entire point of this line and is starting to show the things I hate with toys these days. Action features need to go.

8. Shadowbeast is kind of cool.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    haha, King Hsss = 2010 Moss Man. That was a LONG wait. It's so far away that it's best to pretend it isn't even coming. lol
    Hmmm...maybe we'll get a flocked ears version of Hsss!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bow shares a body with NA He-Man. Look at the boots, pants and bracers.

EDIT:Kryosfah beat me to it.
    YAY, just what we need more He-mans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, there really is a New Adventures influence.

I can't believe how cool Bow looks. I want to see a better image of the non-mustached head - I think I like it better.

Dig Vikor too.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    HOLY ****! BOW HAS ARTICULATED WRISTS!!!!

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!!!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Pre-ternia He-man looks a little Eldor-ish. I bet they'll reuse the robe and hood for Eldor. He looks super cool, but I don't know where he's from. Did He-man ever dress like that in Filmation or something?

Everything else looks extremely impressive. I'm especially happy with Bow. I was counting on the 4H to turn him into a figure I could care about and they totally came through. He looks great.
    He-Man wore this disguise in the mini comic "The Powers of Grayskull - The Legend Begins!"

And does everyone notice how the skirt is big enough to allow leg spreading, AND has slits on the side? This fella is going to be able to ride Bionatops!!!

Shawdow Beast 1st Large Scale Fig. of 2011 & more..

What do you think guys? He looks pretty good. Bonus Figure is Pre Eternia Disguise He-Man.
    Here's some pics. of others as well.
    http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...and-more-3081/
    Keep scrolling down to look at pics. of everything on this page.

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    Found these on Youtube
    ***Please follow forum rules on posting YouTube links. Thank you! ***

Hope this helps!
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Bow absolutely rocks! I was wrong when I was sarcastic about him being the leading sub January figure

However.... the rest I have zero interest in. For me it's Adam/Orko, Trap Jaw and then Bow in January. Cheap few months for me it seems!

Hoping for Catra in April

I wish people who are only moderate MotU fans would stop expressing disappointment with the reveals. It's like an NFL fan who only watches the Superbowl talking about how he didn't care for game 6 of the regular season.
    All due respect Brad- what exactly is a "moderate" fan and how do you pick one out of a crowd ? And also if people can't state an opinion HERE about liking or not liking reveals... Then where?
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    1. King Hsss is so disappointing. Would it have been that hard to at least give him his 2002 head as an extra accessory?
    Because the King Hiss 200X head sucked. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    2. What the hell is up with Vikor? I mean, if they wanted to give us a Conan figure, why didn't they just get the rights to use the name Conan?
    He's based off of the original design concepts for He-man.