Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I sure hope that a reverse color Stratos doesn't qualify as a bonus figure to be included with the subscription. That's the kind of thing I'd be incredibly annoyed at having to commit to purchasing blindly.
    He's probably a MOTUC vs DC two pack figure. The 2011 bonus figures have new tooling (although we don't know how much).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

The display is really awesome. It makes me want to do one at home! All the materials can be found for such a thing through Hobby supply stores I bet (a lot of it exists to build dioramas and environs for trains.) But I'd have nowhere to put it. So they'll just go in my IKEA display cabinet for now. It's too bad Tytus couldn't make it for the battle, but of course there are a few characters absent.

As for the Sorceress-colored Zoar... not sure what to think there. Not getting my hopes up, to be honest. It was depicted last year already... unless she is actually happening before year's end, which would be AMAZING.

I like the Stratos, but I hope it's a 2-pack version. I don't really need another Stratos so I'm hoping he's not a part of the quarterly variants for next year's subscription. The She-Ra sword is interesting because I'm trying to figure out what figure it could come with... unless she might end up in a TRU two-pack too...

I sure hope that a reverse color Stratos doesn't qualify as a bonus figure to be included with the subscription. That's the kind of thing I'd be incredibly annoyed at having to commit to purchasing blindly.
    totally agree

I agree 100% the only Stratos i want now is the flesh colored one

Well, It's great that they are showing us the two-toned sword, but I though the reason She-Ra had the gold sword was because of the style guide? Is this just for display purposes....or is this a hint at something else..

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Well, It's great that they are showing us the two-toned sword, but I though the reason She-Ra had the gold sword was because of the style guide? Is this just for display purposes....or is this a hint at something else..
    Some folks seem to think it could be hinting at a TRU DC vs MOTUC 2-pack.

Yeah I figure the She-Ra sword is like was already said, part of the weapons pack. I also would say Stratos' wings may be as well.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Yeah I figure the She-Ra sword is like was already said, part of the weapons pack. I also would say Stratos' wings may be as well.
    It's harder to pull off Stratos wings in the weapons pack because they are supposed to be glued on. That's why I think it's a DC vs MOTUC version of Stratos.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    It's harder to pull off Stratos wings in the weapons pack because they are supposed to be glued on. That's why I think it's a DC vs MOTUC version of Stratos.
    I was just gonna post the exact same thing, and then I saw your post when I clicked "reply with quote". hehe

I would love it if they told us that huge power sword (background of the first picture, in the case) was something they were going to make available to us this year.

I'm assuming the other thing we can see in that case is just the 1st accessory pack, and above that is maybe Gygor in his package?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Is that the Sorceress version of Zoar on a perch? Awww, it's gonna be cruel if she isn't coming...
    That's the first thing I noticed! ...and I agree. If she's not coming next year, this will be year number TWO they teased us with the Sorceress Zoar...

Notice She-ra's Silver Sword
    Stratos Reversed colors blue/red
    and Sorceress Zoar!!!!

I bet She-ra's sword comes in the wepons pack and that's the Stratos from the DC vs Motu packs.
    I didn't notice Stratos' reversed colours until you mentioned them! I saw She-Ra's sword. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here...but I HATE it. This is why I bought multiple Adora figures. I love the all silver...like the toon and anything else she was in. She never had a two-toned sword in any media...

The Zoar with the red wings that came with Teela is the original colors for Zoar (we need the green armor for him--guess it's coming in a Weapon's Pak). The Zoar with the blue wings is supposed to come with the Classic Sorceress. The Zoar with the green wings will probably come with the 200X Sorceress.
    Your probably right about how we'll get the Zoars. TG did say a long while ago we'd get the green perch in a future weapons pak (If the packs proved successful enough...which they did).

Mattel doesn't use their own flight stands...unless the one holding up Stratos is a new version...
    I noticed this...

Me too. It better be a VS two pack. This begs the question though...WHY did they waste a weapons pak spot by giving us his "vest" thing? We could have gotten something else great in its place. Like...glow in the dark Evil-Lyn wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm hoping the person who theorized a TRU 2-Pack with She-Ra in it is right.
    Me too! Her vs Wonder Woman...with the Star Riders comic.

He's probably a MOTUC vs DC two pack figure. The 2011 bonus figures have new tooling (although we don't know how much).
    I hope we're right one this.

Exactly!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I have a feeling we'll be seeing that Stratos with Hawkman.

I don't know which camp I'm going with, but I feel that sword's either a weapons pack thing, or it's going to be with She-Ra/Wonder Woman,

I'm leaning a little more towards the latter, although, I'd prefer the former.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Man, you all got good eyes for details. All I saw was "Cool, they set up display with all the known characters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I saw She-Ra's sword. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here...but I HATE it. This is why I bought multiple Adora figures. I love the all silver...like the toon and anything else she was in. She never had a two-toned sword in any media...
    Well yeah, but then neither did He-Man. I'd just like to have her sword match the one He-Man comes with, as well as fitting in with all the other two-tone swords we've gotten in this line.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    If Stratos/the two-tone She-Ra sword are indeed part of the next wave of DCUC vs MOTUC, I hope they get better distribution than the first wave... a nice stream instead of a trickle*.

*a stream that gently flows in the opposite direction of scalp-or and his associates
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Man, you all got good eyes for details. All I saw was "Cool, they set up display with all the known characters!"
    LOL...I'm the same way. It takes me a bit to evaluate what's going on in the pics, whereas it seems like most everyone else catches these details in a matter of seconds.

Heroic Warrior
    So far, I'm not sure how to take these display pictures...

Stratos doesn't seem to have any weapons or a grabbing hand yet... what would be the point of releasing him with no improvement, and with different wings/armor colors ?

Zoar in "vintage Sorceress colors"... Is it just a cruel game, or does it seem to show Sorceress could be one of the reveals (not extremely plausible, since there is no trademark for her so far) ?

She-Ra's silver sword : a hint revealing just a little bit of weapons pack 2 ? All in all, I just wonder if the display was shown and spread online to give us some "clues", or if it was just a cruel joke so fans would "jump to conclusions".

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Some folks seem to think it could be hinting at a TRU DC vs MOTUC 2-pack.
    Well...I was hoping for Filmation

What changes could they possibly make to She-Ra, other than the sword, for a TRU 2-pack?

Yellow/Orange instead of gold?

True, yeah. I keep forgetting they're not clip on. For some reason everytime I think of the figure I think of the wings exactly like the original ones.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

What changes could they possibly make to She-Ra, other than the sword, for a TRU 2-pack?

If She-Ra came in a two-pack (with Wonder Woman, I think that's a good guess) I'm thinking she'd probably just have one head (the non-vintage one) and have the silver sword. Not sure what else you could do there. Maybe lighten the gold a bit?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Well yeah, but then neither did He-Man. I'd just like to have her sword match the one He-Man comes with, as well as fitting in with all the other two-tone swords we've gotten in this line.
    I know what you're saying. Consistency is nice. Mattel isn't being consistent with the swords though. Some have black handles and most do not. None should really have the black handles so they're all the same design.

The darker coloured swords seem to be the ones with the black though...and the blue weapons pak one has a darker blue handle...

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar

<---------------------------

This is what i secretly dream of!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If She-Ra came in a two-pack (with Wonder Woman, I think that's a good guess) I'm thinking she'd probably just have one head (the non-vintage one) and have the silver sword. Not sure what else you could do there. Maybe lighten the gold a bit?
    With She-Ra, I'm thinking maybe they could do her hair in a bright canary yellow to sort of match the He-Man we got.

[QUOTE=Darkspecter;2484151]I know what you're saying. Consistency is nice. Mattel isn't being consistent with the swords though. Some have black handles and most do not. None should really have the black handles so they're all the same design.

The darker coloured swords seem to be the ones with the black though...and the blue weapons pak one has a darker blue handle...

where are those swords all from??

Sorry if someone offended with my post after this but....

I would like to see someone who are a photographer taking high quality photos and put up in this thread.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.