Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010: News, Pictures, Reveals, and Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    Buzz-Off looks as I hoped except for the fact he doesn't have yellow translucent wings. I really miss that. And I wonder why they chose make them solid. It would have looked so good in this line with similair details like in Count Marzo's amulet, Evil-Lyn's wand, etc. But other than that he looks great.
    I wouldn't worry about the wings not being translucent. When he was first revealed, Marzo gem on his amulet was painted too. These are just the paint master- not finally production pieces. One can almost guaranty the Horsemen mean for them to be translucent on the final product.

Heroic Warrior

Ok... Does King Grayskull ACTUALLY come with three swords?? or am I missing something here?

I don't know WHAT to think of that half-glowing sword... but I THINK that one's going to Adam to hold in the air...

More GRAY swords is the #1 reason for me to get Grayskull... at least until He-man gets a filmation sword

**Please remove image tags when quoting with a reply. Thanks!**

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Ok... Does King Grayskull ACTUALLY come with three swords?? or am I missing something here?

I don't know WHAT to think of that half-glowing sword... but I THINK that one's going to Adam to hold in the air...

More GRAY swords is the #1 reason for me to get Grayskull... at least until He-man gets a filmation sword
    The original one had the whole sword, now you get the 2 halves and the grey/translucent charging sword and we have the 200X sword that came with MAA. So he has 4 swords to choose from, how spoiled can we get?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Royal (white) Swiftwind wins 64% to 36%
    BOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    We'll probably never get the pink now.
    Yeah, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Major props to the 4H for giving him his own face!
    Isn't that Man-At-Arm's non-mustached face?

Also, I will be buying 2 sets of guards to display all the heads.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Got to say for me Vikor was the surprise hit. I always love concept figures, but he just looks awesome.

I think it's funny that Roboto and King Hsssss will be without ab crunch articulation for the sake of better design, yet Hordak has to rock a belly shirt because it's so important

A little disappointed we didn't see more since we had that spoiler list earlier int he week, but all great looking items and I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on them!

My biggest disappointment was that the Eternian Palace Guards have the same color loin cloth/boots as Man at Arms. I was hoping they would be a redish brown like the vintage Man at Arms toy. I'll just have to continue to hope for a classic toy colored Man at Arms in an upcoming DCU vs. MOTUC pack.

Roboto, Grizzlor, Buzz Off, BA Skeletor, and King Hsss are high on the wow factor for me. Basically, I'm a bigger fan of the MOTU stuff over the other eras. But I certainly have no problem with the other eras being included.

I think the figure I was surprised the most about in a positive way was reverse colors Stratos. I can't wait to get him.

I can live without Preternian disguise He-Man. And I really don't want to get the Shadow Beast or Swift Wind. So I think I will be passing on the 2011 sub.

Heroic Warrior
    OK. I took a little step off to think about these SDCC reveals...

Am I happy with the reveals ? Yes.

Am I disappointed with the reveals ? Yes, also.

So, where does the disappointment come from ? It's easy. The disappointment comes from the fact that we didn't get ANY of our most wanted figures (PLEASE note that the figures that are the most wanted - in MOTUC idol etc. - were NOT revealed. No Sorceress, no Spikor, no Catra, no Ram Man, no Man-E-Faces, no Queen Marlena ! This goes to show that Mattel WON'T release right away those figures we really want : instead, they shall spread them for as long a time as they can ! That is the reason why threads like MOTUC idol and others are not advised : because Mattel uses that info for marketing purposes, and it finally results in favorite figures being delayed !).

The happiness, on the other hand, comes from King Hsss (FINALLY, a Snakeman ! And the chief of them all !). Now, I'm concerned with King Hsss's "hydra" incarnation, but I'll leave this for another thread. It also comes from Grizzlor, Roboto, and Buzz-Off. It certainly comes from Vikor too (awesome sculpt ! I really dig him !) and from Bow (excellent sculpt as well ! He rocks ! And he comes with a 2nd head ! Plus, some parts used for BOw will clearly be reused for NA He-Man - bracelets and boots !).

The Royal guards are so cool (and did you notice that with the Royal guards, we now have Stinkor's shield ?). And they have 4 heads and plenty of accessories ! But once again, I'm a bit disappointed : Mattel knew PERFECTLY WELL that, in all, the HORDE TROOPERS were our #1 choice, our favorite for an army builder pack. And lo and behold, once again, Mattel didn't release them first ! That's maddening !

Battle Armor Skeletor was long overdue. He looks really great, and I'm sure he will complete our collections nicely !

The first large scale beast for 2011 is a surprise (this seems to be one of Mattel's traits : they like to surprise us, sometimes with unexpected characters. On the other hand, this causes the line to be a bit unbalanced, sometimes : we got Tytus, but no Megator yet; we got Battlecat, but no Panthor yet, etc.). The Shadow Beast is excellent ! The face of that figure comes straight from the cartoons ! Awesome ! And I also like the troll-like trunk club that comes with it. Of course, it was a logical choice (re-use of Gygor's parts).

I won't go into more details. There are, of course, some possible articulation problems that I noticed here and there, and some concerns. ;skshift: These need to be talked about, and we have to make sure that Mattel will correct some things in time. But I shall leave them for other threads...

Another thing that really disappointed me came from the questions asked by the fans : no one had the guts to ask what Mattel would do to improve the availability of these figures for the casual buyers, or what they planned to do to improve the quality of these figures. Yet, these are very important questions ! I guess we'll probably have to endure more aggravations and QC issues in 2011...

From what I gathered, the first vehicle will be released during the 4th quarter (of 2011, I suppose). As we already knew, it won't be part of the NON all-in 2011 subscription. I have no idea when the Grayskull weapons rack is supposed to be released... same thing for the DCUC vs. MOTUC packs.

P.S. : I sincerely hope that the reason we didn't see any female figure is because Mattel is actually working on a new design/buck for the female figures. Only time will tell, I guess...
    Last edited by Spectror; July 23, 2010 at 09:21pm.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I've seen a couple folks mention here and on Facebook how they're disappointed in the NA-influenced sculpt of Bow's boots and gauntlets, and even though I still think he's a pretty cool looking figure, now that I've had a chance to absorb everything, I can totally understand why you guys would be bummed about it.

I mean, on one hand Mattel needs characters to share parts, but at the same time since we have so many He-Mans already and NA He-Man would probably fall under a bonus variant, it kinda should've been his character that had to compromise the design. Know what I mean?

Anyhow, I still love Bow. It would've totally topped it off if Kowl came with him though.
    I understand the logical on the share the same parts, MotUC it is this, but I don't understand why Mattel can do it new bracelets for She-Ra (not using the same from Adora) and can't do that little part of him boots like the vintage/styleguide style. This Bow is an awesome, he has a beautiful face but he isn't Classic toy based nor Styleguide. I can live without the classic gauntlets, but I'm very disapponted about him boots.

If the line doe well like TG said, they should change just the boots and Bow will be perfect IMHO!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    BA Skele looks awesome! and hes the last Skele variation I want so all good! (I dont count NA Skele as a variation weirdly, hes so unique looking but i WANT him!)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    The Royal guards are so cool (and did you notice that with the Royal guards, we now have Stinkor's shield ?). And they have 4 heads and plenty of accessories ! But once again, I'm a bit disappointed : Mattel knew PERFECTLY WELL that, in all, the HORDE TROOPERS were our #1 choice, our favorite for an army builder pack. And lo and behold, once again, Mattel didn't release them first ! That's maddening !
    This was actually smart on Mattel's part. They know we would rather have Horde Troopers, but they already have many of the pieces for the palace guards. And let's face it, with the hype of the first army builder pack, it will sell more than if it was the second (after horde troopers). I can't really blame them.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    So far nothing personally knocking my socks off. I will get Grizzlor, and BA Skeletor. Definitely passing on the subscription though. I was hoping for Horde Troopers, and we may still get them next year. Overall the figures they showed were nice, just not ones I personally want.

Heroic Warrior
    This was actually smart on Mattel's part.
    I don't care if it was "smart" or not. The fact is it was uncool for the fans who, in majority, wanted horde troopers before other army builders. And the fact is that, once again, the fans didn't get what they wanted the most !

Heroic Warrior
    The original one had the whole sword, now you get the 2 halves and the grey/translucent charging sword and we have the 200X sword that came with MAA. So he has 4 swords to choose from, how spoiled can we get?
    VERY spoiled

Honestly... all I want is a Grey one for He-man.... and a Grey one for Adam...

I never had the original KG, so I don't know WHAT he had... and BA He-man lost a sale by not including a sword with him...

I'm seeing three swords in that picture... looks like a full gray... a half gray... and a changing sword....

if so.... THAT'S a sale!!!

Bow definitely stole the show.

I'm not as excited with this bunch of reveals as I have been with the last few. Maybe its because there arent any females? Not quite sure. King Hsss was a great surprise and Bow is simply amazing.

Grizzlor is one of my favorites but doesnt really count as a reveal since I've seen him already.

Roboto and Buzz Off look ok but I was kinda hoping for a little more from them.

Vikor and Preternian He-Man arent really my cup of tea. Will be getting them but I think they couldve and shouldve been quarterly figures instead of a monthly and the sub bonus. I was expecting to be blown away by the sub figure this year so they could get more people to sign up and maybe thats why I'm disappointed...expectations too high.

The Shadow beast is great and so is the palace guard pack. Again, would've preferred Horde Troopers but these are definitely not a let down. Especially since we got Grizzlor, I can wait a bit for the troopers.

Biggest disappointment is no Catra (and Bow being in February instead of end of this year). Not sure why I was so convinced we would see her (or at least Sweet Bee if not her) but I was definitely expecting it. Hopefully she will be the April figure.

All in all a decent showing but the last few big reveals (NYCC 09, SDCC 09 and Toy Fair '10) blew this one away big time. Bow and Grizzlor are amazing...perfect in every way. King Hsss is a great character and while I'm not 100% pleased with his snake form I'm 3000% excited to get him. Shadow Beast and Palace guards are wonderful additions. Buzz Off and Roboto are great characters and I'll be happy to add them to the collection but was hoping for more (maybe the 200x versions were just so great my expectations were raised). Vikor, Preternian He-Man are nice figures but I'm not going to be counting down the days until they arrive.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Based on what we've seen with the DC vs two packs so far, I bet that's the only way we get nekkid Man-E-Faces and Orange Ram-Man.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

King Hiss's snake arms look fantastic, i think the problem with his main head is the body is so short. the horsemen sculpt swo well but thus far there has always been an issue with how hiss has come out in snake form for me, usuall it has something to do with the snakes being too short.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    This was actually smart on Mattel's part. They know we would rather have Horde Troopers, but they already have many of the pieces for the palace guards. And let's face it, with the hype of the first army builder pack, it will sell more than if it was the second (after horde troopers). I can't really blame them.
    No what I see is that Mattel knows everyone and their mother wants the horde troopers. If they are part of the subscription, we won't have to worry about them selling out in 3 minutes. Everyone with a 2010 sub will have to be online in Nov. to get them... many folks will be disappointed. Could u imagine how angry folks would be if they missed out on Horde Troopers due to the site's issues??? No, I think we will see them in 2011 and everyone who has a sub will be able to rest easy!

I LOVE Mer-Man... the blue and the gold armor in the WP. Now I can have 3 Mer-Men. 1. Blue 2. Green with gold armor and cardback head 3. pure vintage... that's awesome!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

all of this is awspme, vikor looks so much like conan tho, which means we will finally get a good conan figure, dont care what anyone says, its conan to me!

So does the quick look at the Grayskull weapons stand mean we are getting a Castle Grayskull down the road?

Heroic Warrior Captain Greyskull's Avatar
    I know I am going to sound dumb for asking but why does He-man need a Pre Eternia disguise?

As the world's biggest Conan fan I feel Vikor is fantastic
    Last edited by dorrmann; July 24, 2010 at 12:10am. Reason: Double post

I love how the Battle Ram came out!

Attached Images Attached Images
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

What a battleram.

Oh snap!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Great pics. Can't wait to own them all.
    I agree! I am VERY impressed with what I have seen, and personally, the thought of having a subscription of my own is amazing! Seriously, what more does a collector need ? This line is S-O-L-I-D, why is there so many complaints ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    I love how the Battle Ram came out!
    **Please read the rules about quoting images in replies. Thank you!

Ummm. . . what?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Opps, I thought this was already posted by someone else. It's right there in the Four Horsemen's booth. If I'd known, I would have taken more pics and some vids of it.
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek