Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 010 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 010 Discussion!

Episode 010 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Emiliano Santalucia, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

This is a shorter episode this week in light of SDCC.

First we talk about listener voicemail and e-mail.

Then we talk a bit more about SDCC and fan memories.

A few highlights of the show:
    • Styleguides!
    • He-Man.org recollection!
    • Dan's wrestling past! ;-)

And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 010

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Delicious Gooble! Something to tide me over while we wait for SDCC news!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

I think there's also some Portuguese POP mini-comics that are different.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Oh....I sound terrible...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This one of the rare times I would have to agree with you, MGM...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 21, 2010 at 01:30pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Man, the Filmation rights issue is going to haunt us until 2016 or 2017, isn't it? I just can't believe that this was done in such a murky fashion. If only Mattel had made sure they had all the rights back in the 90's, this wouldn't even exist.

I'm gonna add to the support for Clash of Arms, another awesome minicomic!

So, can we call Dan Spencor from now on?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think Dan's wrestling name is Spencer Powers....any relation to Evelyn?

Check out this link to see Spencer in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kTZ-c-WkA
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; July 21, 2010 at 01:50pm.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

You sound 16 years old. And like a guy who collects action figures . . . "Sons!"
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

WOW!!! Pixel Dan--WRASSLIN'? This is soooo kewl!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You sound 16 years old. And like a guy who collects action figures . . . "Sons!"
    I know....I look and sound younger than I really am (which is 35). I could pass for a high school senior or a college kid.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 21, 2010 at 01:48pm.

WOW!!! Pixel Dan--WRASSLIN'? This is soooo kewl!

I know....I look and sound younger than I really am (which is 35). I could pass for a high school senior or a college kid.
    Man, after hearing that voicemail I can't believe you're older than I am.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    So Dan's a pro wrestler... That explains his vocal delivery and stage presence. I thought maybe he'd done theater when he was younger.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Forgot to mention That the Brazilian Slave City came with Prince Adam, so that might be a factor. Thanks for playing my message, as garbled as it sounded!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Thanks for playing my message, as garbled as it sounded!
    And thanks from me for playing my message too. I need to call more often...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    - Pixel Dan, I remember seeing your wrestling stuff some years ago when you were Mandalorian30 on here and on ADC (TNI now). I used to do some hardcore wrestling for a short while back in the day. I still have a few barbed wire scars on my chest and arms that will probably never go away. That was back in the day though right outta high school, when I was really out of control and felt no physical pain due to my tendencies.

- Clash of Arms is one of my favorite mini-comics too. A lot of awesome MOTU characters in that one and some great fighting scenes. I think I have the most copies of that one too, mustve came with a lot of various figures back in the day. lol, Val just said the same thing I just wrote here.

- I also think they are going with "Anwat Gar" with Sy-Klone as well. Which yeah, I really don't care for. Not just because of the Samurai variants, just wasn't one of my favorite episodes...maybe if they wouldve got Jitsu in there, I mightve approved a bit more.

- Big fan of PopCultureNetwork too so props to Pixel Dan and crew there. I watch all the TNTS episodes and listen to the It Figures podcasts and you guys do a great job over there and are very entertaining, in fact if I was in the midwest I feel like I'd fit right in there with you guys, you usually sound like my group of friends. You also share wardrobes with me and a couple of my friends it seems like. You get a lot of those from 80stees.com?

- Still gotta call in and leave a voice mail...I've been putting it off for several weeks now.

Anyways, have a great time in San Diego! I'm pretty pumped myself and I'm too poor to even go. Some day though...there will be a Count Marzo uprising.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I loved the Anwat Gar episode mainly for Sy-Klone. He seemed like a brand new character that was never in animation, much like Stinkor. He was in Filmation, but he didn't speak and I preferred the immortal (or is he extremely long lived) Guardian of the Legacy Stones to the Human Tornado origin from one of these six hardcover Golden Books. We even got a superhero fight between He-Man and Sy-Klone!

Put those arms down!

In the Golden Books, Sy-Klone was a circus acrobat/street gymnast called the Human Tornado. Skeletor kidnapped him to test his Mechano-Ray. The ray turned the Tornado into Sy-Klone. Skeletor then used the ray to turn a giant spider into Spydor. This recollection goes back 25 years and I no longer have the books, so I don't know what happened after that, besides He-Man rescuing Sy-Klone from Skeletor and Sy-Klone becoming a new Heroic Warrior.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 21, 2010 at 08:00pm.

No you don't at all....I kinda like hearing what people on here sound like for real, maybe me and my English accent will make a debut at some point too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    - Pixel Dan, I remember seeing your wrestling stuff some years ago when you were Mandalorian30 on here and on ADC (TNI now). I used to do some hardcore wrestling for a short while back in the day. I still have a few barbed wire scars on my chest and arms that will probably never go away. That was back in the day though right outta high school, when I was really out of control and felt no physical pain due to my tendencies.

- Clash of Arms is one of my favorite mini-comics too. A lot of awesome MOTU characters in that one and some great fighting scenes. I think I have the most copies of that one too, mustve came with a lot of various figures back in the day. lol, Val just said the same thing I just wrote here.

- I also think they are going with "Anwat Gar" with Sy-Klone as well. Which yeah, I really don't care for. Not just because of the Samurai variants, just wasn't one of my favorite episodes...maybe if they wouldve got Jitsu in there, I mightve approved a bit more.

- Big fan of PopCultureNetwork too so props to Pixel Dan and crew there. I watch all the TNTS episodes and listen to the It Figures podcasts and you guys do a great job over there and are very entertaining, in fact if I was in the midwest I feel like I'd fit right in there with you guys, you usually sound like my group of friends. You also share wardrobes with me and a couple of my friends it seems like. You get a lot of those from 80stees.com?

- Still gotta call in and leave a voice mail...I've been putting it off for several weeks now.

Anyways, have a great time in San Diego! I'm pretty pumped myself and I'm too poor to even go. Some day though...there will be a Count Marzo uprising.
    Yeah I wanna hear what you sound like too!
    Last edited by PaulPjas; July 21, 2010 at 08:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I loved the Anwat Gar episode mainly for Sy-Klone. He seemed like a brand new character that was never in animation, much like Stinkor. He was in Filmation, but he didn't speak and I preferred the immortal (or is he extremely long lived) Guardian of the Legacy Stones to the Human Tornado origin from one of these six hardcover Golden Books. We even got a superhero fight between He-Man and Sy-Klone!
    Sy-Klone spoke in Filmation. He didn't get much airtime though. He was in the episodes at the tail end of it when they were moving on to She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPjas View Post
    No you don't at all....I kinda like hearing what people on here sound like for real, maybe me and my English accent will make a debut at some point too :P

Yeah I wanna hear what you sound like too!
    Lol, now you're making me paranoid. I'm going to sound like an angry New Yorker, well because that's what I am. No worries though, definitely gonna leave a voicemail soon. Maybe while they're away in San Diego this weekend. haha.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; July 21, 2010 at 08:30pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

If I ever think of anything that I feel warrants a voicemail, I'm using one of those voice changers that the killers use in the Scream movies.

Pixel Dan, is there a way to view all of the past episodes of TNTS? I was up to date for awhile when you first started, but I fell behind. The last time I was on your site, it looked like you only had some of the past episodes(unless I wasn't looking in the right place).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Good episode guys, shame it had to be a bit shorter, was hoping for one bio discussion. Nice to hear Eamon get his own back with the stereotype jokes lol. I think Eamons drunken rant will be a great on next weeks SDCC clip episode.
    Looking forward to finding out who the big mystery guest is. My first thought was Lou but then you said it wasnt him.
    I think MOTUC will probably go with the MYP origin for Sy-Klone and that would be my preferred one really.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lycan
    Thanks for the shout out on the opening review videos. Kat is considering getting an agent

I hope Eamon has got his Keldor by now. Mine came really quick. Still no sign of Marzo yet so Im not sure when his opening review video will go up.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Thanks for the shout out on the opening review videos. Kat is considering getting an agent

I hope Eamon has got his Keldor by now. Mine came really quick. Still no sign of Marzo yet so Im not sure when his opening review video will go up.
    Havoc, do you have a link to your review videos? I'd like to check them out but have no idea where to look for them.

Heroic Warrior

hordak's tinkering

Hey Eamon.

Didn't Hordak also creat Extendar's armor (or whatever it is)?

I remember something something about it when it was one of those "did you know" facts.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Hey Eamon.

Didn't Hordak also creat Extendar's armor (or whatever it is)?

I remember something something about it when it was one of those "did you know" facts.
    Hordak did indeed create Extendar in two different stories. First off he gave Extendar his power in the minicomic "The Warrior Machine" (while Extendar was wearing armor before his change here, he still referred to himself as a 'wimp').

Second, Extendar was given his cyborg powers and his armor by an experiment by Hordak in the UK comics, in one of the coolest origin stories they did. In that story Extendar and Dragstor were a couple of Eternian athletes and friends captured by Hordak and experimented on. Dragstor was brainwashed to become evil, but Extendar broke free and joined the heroic warriors.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Hordak did indeed create Extendar in two different stories. First off he gave Extendar his power in the minicomic "The Warrior Machine" (while Extendar was wearing armor before his change here, he still referred to himself as a 'wimp').

Second, Extendar was given his cyborg powers and his armor by an experiment by Hordak in the UK comics, in one of the coolest origin stories they did. In that story Extendar and Dragstor were a couple of Eternian athletes and friends captured by Hordak and experimented on. Dragstor was brainwashed to become evil, but Extendar broke free and joined the heroic warriors.
    I didn't know that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

That UK comic origin for Extendar and Dragstor will always be their definitive origin for me.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26