Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN Discussion

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN Discussion

I really like obscure MOTU characters, Preternia and still I donīt understand this figure. Im so shocked, that I want to talk about him...

- One of the best part of his mini-comic appareance was the riding of Bionatops. How can this figure ride Bionatops with that LONG skirt??? hope it can be removable, but I donīt believe it...

- Why a Cosmic Key is included??? He traveled to Preternia with the Sorceress. No Cosmic Key appear in that comic. I only hope that Keldor and Kronis steal that Cosmic Key in order to travel to the past...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

at least you knew where the hell he came from....I couldn't even get to that

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    PRETERNIA DISGUISE HEMAN comes from the vintage minicomic "The Powers of Grayskull".
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I think the figure is awesome! I would never have thought we'd get him... but man it's a lot of fun! The Cosmic Key is an awesome bonus for him.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

i love him!!!
    Last edited by Feast-Man; July 23, 2010 at 08:52pm.
    action features for action figures!

This character was a wish for me. I'm really happy with him. Any preternia figures are welcomed. I'm not in anyway a fan of variants but I really wanted this figure made. I guess he looks like a super hero. I just really a, happy will are getting him. Now where's Eldor.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Yawn!!! Sorry, but I hope this line doesn't become a "let's see how many He-man variants we can squeeze in one subscription year". I thought that the subscription figure was going to be a different character. He looks like he is wearing a dress. So far we have original He-man, 2-pack He-man, Battle Armour, Wun-dar, Adam, King Grayskull, Pre-D He-man, Faker, Vikor. These are all essentially the same character just different incarnations of him. I would have rather gotten Gwildor.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I get him, but for now he was a let down for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's face it : it is great to have one more Preternia/Powers of Grayskull figure.

But let's also face the fact that Mattel chose the easy way when they chose Preternia He-Man as the 2011 exclusive figure. One more He-Man variant ! Personally, I would have prefered, BY FAR, Eldor. Or even Gray.

But Preternia He-Man it will be...

Now, what about the figure itself ? While original (we never got that specific figure before), the aesthetic part is not overwhelming, in my opinion. In other words, Preternia He-Man isn't very attractive. Plus, the long tunic, although it seems to be split on the side, might hinder legs movements.

The thing that got me REALLY puzzled is that Preternia He-Man ACTUALLY HAS GWILDOR'S COSMIC KEY ?!?

I guess we now know how Gwildor was trademarked : his name probably appears somewhere in Preternia He-Man's bio !

I'm a bit anxious about what will happen when/if Gwildor is released : if he doesn't have his cosmic key (which is is main possession), what other items or weapons will he have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    PRETERNIA DISGUISE HEMAN comes from the vintage minicomic "The Powers of Grayskull".

I could be wrong, but this is the subscription exclusive figure ?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It's He-Man in a dress.

Sorry, but I just can't take this figure seriously.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I thought he was an Eternian peasant cat-burglar and they threw in the cosmic key to help sell him (to me anyway).

I hope he isn't the Sub fig. I'm really gonna need that cosmic key loose and I don't think I'll need a masked he man off card.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    I could be wrong, but this is the subscription exclusive figure ?
    He is, and it's a great idea as Wun-Dar was last year, easy for the casual fans and cherry pickers not to worry about, but a great one for completists!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I think He-man And Eldor are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I'm a bit anxious about what will happen when/if Gwildor is released : if he doesn't have his cosmic key (which is is main possession), what other items or weapons will he have ?
    Why can't Gwildor come with a key, its not like this line has only ever had just a one accessory for only a certain figure rule

Plus weren't there 2 keys in the movie? Its why Gwildor had to get his backup to take He-Man out of Eternia

Also who is to say Gwildor could not have loaned the key to Adam, that way he does not give it up and its no different then The Goddess having the same weapons/armor with her that He-Man wears on his figure

I just do not understand the idea that a Cosmic Key with the Exclusive Sub Figure = No Gwildor or No Key for Gwildor
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

For those wondering about the cosmic key:
    Last edited by Mijet; July 24, 2010 at 04:23pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

this figure was a complete surprised, nobody expected it. at first I seemed a little strange, then I began to adapt it and now I really really like.

I love this guy. We're also getting the giant gun thing attached to Bionatops with him, apparently.

I like it, great choice, though it is another He-Man

You know, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but do you guys think Bionatops could possibly share some parts with that Parek-Narr creature mentioned in Battle Cat's bio and shown in the MYP series?

http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/motu/u...rek-narr.shtml

I think he's a very lame choice of a character...

They could have chosen Vikor (Which is an awesome looking figure BTW) in his place, and gave us another well known core character for February like Man-E-Faces or something IMO... Another Boo for Matty/Toyguru...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I started a thread asking for him a long while back, so of course I'm happy!

I wish his skirt was a LOT shorter though, like when riding Bionotops. It would be an obvious re-use for Eldor:

I'm also a bit confused why th Cosmic Key doesn't look like the movie one, as they had this prototype:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's He-Man in a dress.

Sorry, but I just can't take this figure seriously.
    THANK YOU! Ditto!

I guess for tooling's sake this was made. I was expecting more.....especially for the Club Eternia Special Figure!

What's the next Club Figure? Spin-Blade He-Man? Just total let down by this one.

I was expecting for Mattel to do better after Wun-Dar (which was good thinking given he's just a repaint with Zodac armor).
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Wun-Dar motivated me to get the 2010 subscription. Preternian disguise He-Man has motivated me to skip the 2011 subscription. I'm not complaining. I'm actually relieved. I was already thinking about skipping on the 2011 sub and this exclusive solidified that decision.

Heroic Warrior
    Dear Mijet,

Thank you for posting the excerpts from the mini-comic above... I had totally forgotten about the use of the cosmic key in that particular comic related to Preternia !

It explains and justifies the use of a cosmic key with Preternia He-Man.

So I guess Gwildor will come with a second, slightly different cosmic key ?

I definitely want Preternia disguise He-Man...ever since I saw him in the mini comic. However, I do not want to commit to a subscription...eBay here I come...well here I come in about 8-10 months when I can get him for a reasonable price.
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!