Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN Discussion

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Indeed. There are two He-Ros.

- 1987 Mattel's "Powers of Grayskull" He-Ro (secret alias Gray) = Ancestor to He-Man and She-Ra.

- 1994 Lou Scheimer Productions planned "He-Ro Son of He-Man" He-Ro (secret alias Dare) = Son of King Adam and Teela.
    Thanx Jukka. Oh yeah, @mac&cheesier: if you ever have other questions about a figure's origins or something... ask Jukka, he literally knows everything! (You should definitely check out his 'MotU Origins Videos')
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Widget
    Okay first off, this is right off the bat my favorite version of H-Man. Love the undercover look and the zorro mask.

My main question is about his accessory. How does it function in the show? What are it's powers? Is there a video of when it was used or is it only seen in the mini comics?

Secondly, are there any fan art pages or famous modern art of this figure? Or is not very popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Seantified View Post
    Okay first off, this is right off the bat my favorite version of H-Man. Love the undercover look and the zorro mask.

My main question is about his accessory. How does it function in the show? What are it's powers? Is there a video of when it was used or is it only seen in the mini comics?

Secondly, are there any fan art pages or famous modern art of this figure? Or is not very popular?

I suggest you watch the 1987 movie...

Widget
    Ah thanks for this! Will do!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar

The accessory is called the Cosmic Key. As the other person has pointed out, this device is the main plot element of the 1987 movie, where we are first introduced to Gwildor, a Thenurian (a kind of dwarf troll-like species) who invented the device. Two other variant versions of it (a repaint in toy colors, and a larger version) have been released later with the MotUC Gwildor figure (the vintage figure of this character having been the first to include a toy version of this device, although this version had notable differences from the movie version in colors and design). There was also a vintage minicomic featuring the contraption, appropriately titled The Cosmic Key, one of the latest minicomics (and not one of the best...), which came with (you guessed it) the Gwildor figure (as well as the two other figures based on movie characters, Blade and Saurod, and which you can now find in the vintage minicomics collection recently published by Dark Horse).

This is the movie look:

And this is a short video highlighting the purpose and functioning of this device (which, in short, is a spacetime travel machine of sorts, allowing its user to open a portal to anywhere in the universe, by programming it with a "melody" using a complex array of buttons, which sound like synthesizer keys when pressed, that somehow determines the destination [kind of like a sonic version of the glyphs that program the destination of the gates in the Stargate franchise]):

The reason for including it with the Preternia Disguise He-Man figure was because, well, it is a device that can open portals to anywhere in spacetime, including the past (which is where the PD variant must travel to). The last vintage minicomic (the one that this He-Man variant is based on), although not explicitly showing the Cosmic Key, mentions it as the device that opened the gateway to Preternia.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!

My main question is about his accessory.
    To add to what the others have said...

How does it function in the show?
    This particular item was never seen in either the Filmation nor 200X shows. It only appears in the 1987 motion picture. uaxuctum explained it's uses.

What are it's powers?
    It's used as both a dimensional and time traveling device:
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/genart...p?id=51&mid=85

Is there a video of when it was used or is it only seen in the mini comics?
    uaxuctum posted a great video of the Cosmic Key in action.

Here is the Cosmic Key being used in the mini-comics:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2693

This depends on who you talk to. PD He-Man is a cool character because he bridges the "current day" MOTU with that of the Preternia MOTU (plus he's got a huge freakin' gun and rides atop a dinosaur!) But more importantly, he shows that the Cosmic Key can be used as a time-traveling device as well as a dimensional one, so it could potentially be used to restore Mekanek and Man-At-Arms to human form, and even bring the dead back to life...
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    To add to what the others have said...

This particular item was never seen in either the Filmation nor 200X shows. It only appears in the 1987 motion picture. uaxuctum explained it's uses.

It's used as both a dimensional and time traveling device:
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/genart...p?id=51&mid=85

uaxuctum posted a great video of the Cosmic Key in action.

Here is the Cosmic Key being used in the mini-comics:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2693

This depends on who you talk to. PD He-Man is a cool character because he bridges the "current day" MOTU with that of the Preternia MOTU (plus he's got a huge freakin' gun and rides atop a dinosaur!) But more importantly, he shows that the Cosmic Key can be used as a time-traveling device as well as a dimensional one, so it could potentially be used to restore Mekanek and Man-At-Arms to human form, and even bring the dead back to life...
    This description is the coolest thing ever! I love this weapon!

Okay, I have to admit I only seen the 200X cartoon. I have been pouring over this thread since the weekend (On my phone, so it's harder to comment) and have been loving it so much!

Thank you for everyones descriptions! I makes me wish this weapon was featured in the 200X version!

Do you think that in a future He-Man cartoon (is there any chance of that happening?) It would be cool for this device to link all the universes and allow for some crossovers, like Karrati could meet trap Jaw,that would be incredible!

I'm still on the fence about ever getting Preternia Disguise He Man. Mostly just as a completest. Still unsure if I'd even open it (I hate mint in box) but I am not convinced I'd want him standing with the preternians.

Eventually I will, I know I will. That cosmic Key is great and he would be fine background filler on the shelf. Could stand next to Wun Dar. That'd be funny.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    This description is the coolest thing ever! I love this weapon!

Okay, I have to admit I only seen the 200X cartoon. I have been pouring over this thread since the weekend (On my phone, so it's harder to comment) and have been loving it so much!

Thank you for everyones descriptions! I makes me wish this weapon was featured in the 200X version!

Do you think that in a future He-Man cartoon (is there any chance of that happening?) It would be cool for this device to link all the universes and allow for some crossovers, like Karrati could meet trap Jaw,that would be incredible!
    I would love for an animated film to use the Cosmic Key as the catalyst for a cross-dimensional adventure that includes the Filmation, Mini-Comic, 200X, NA, Preternia and 1987 Film universes... similar to what happened in TMNT Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I'm still on the fence about ever getting Preternia Disguise He Man. Mostly just as a completest. Still unsure if I'd even open it (I hate mint in box) but I am not convinced I'd want him standing with the preternians.

Eventually I will, I know I will. That cosmic Key is great and he would be fine background filler on the shelf. Could stand next to Wun Dar. That'd be funny.
    He is actually a great figure. I originally bought two extra PD He-Man figures because I wanted to switch the forearms out on my MOTUC He-Man figures (I like the same bracer to be on both arms...) but, unfortunately the skin-tones do not match.

But, since I have three of him now, and one has been in my display all this time - he's really grown on me. I think he blends in well with the likes of He-Ro and Eldor...
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!