Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN Discussion

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Dear Mijet,

Thank you for posting the excerpts from the mini-comic above... I had totally forgotten about the use of the cosmic key in that particular comic related to Preternia !

It explains and justifies the use of a cosmic key with Preternia He-Man.

So I guess Gwildor will come with a second, slightly different cosmic key ?
    Gwildor will probably come with the same key, or repainted like the prototype I posted above. Gwildor's was painted like that in the 80's.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    NO interest for me, but I am glad they are trying to come up with things that will make the die hards happy.

Heroic Warrior
    Gwildor's was painted like that in the 80's.
    Yep. Except that the 80's cosmic key was very far from the look of the movie's cosmic key. It looked more like some weird fork or trident.

At least, the MOTUC cosmic key is much closer to the movie look of the cosmic key !

Heroic Warrior
    I think he makes a perfect exclusive figure... He is NOT important, or even in high demand... SOME people really wanted him, but a lot didn't even know about him... The Exclusives are some of the RAREST figures made... since they don't get offered to the general public... so even if you don't want him, he still has SOME intrinsic value.

the completists will buy the subscription to get him, and they are not Actively screwing over the casual fans by putting an A+ character like Sorceress in that slot.

Disguise he-man is a bonus figure, so he should only be a varient or repaint...

Other possibilites I would have expected...

Vikor
    DemoMan (though he's gotten enough coverage to justify a monthly)
    Pale Stratos

As I could NEVER afford an all in subscribtion, I'm glad the exclusive isn't something that makes me want to quit the whole line in fear of getting screwed over....

I think he's the best looking figure ever made in any toy line. It looks incredible.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Yawn!!! Sorry, but I hope this line doesn't become a "let's see how many He-man variants we can squeeze in one subscription year". I thought that the subscription figure was going to be a different character. He looks like he is wearing a dress. So far we have original He-man, 2-pack He-man, Battle Armour, Wun-dar, Adam, King Grayskull, Pre-D He-man, Faker, Vikor. These are all essentially the same character just different incarnations of him. I would have rather gotten Gwildor.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I get him, but for now he was a let down for me.
    Well to be fair, this time last year, two He-Man variations were shown at Comic Con as well: Wun-Dar, and Battle Armor He-Man.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Yep. Except that the 80's cosmic key was very far from the look of the movie's cosmic key. It looked more like some weird fork or trident.

At least, the MOTUC cosmic key is much closer to the movie look of the cosmic key !
    Yep. The comic Cosmic Key looks like the Staff for He-Ro in his concept sketch. I don't know where to find that picture though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I am sure he will grow on me, but at this moment I am not sure how I feel about him yet.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I can NOT wait for this firgure! I've always wanted this variant! As for why he comes with a cosmic key, I couldn't say...but a friend of mine did bring up an interesting point today: in the movie, Gwildor had made two keys. Since Gwildor will clearly come with a key, too, now we can all have two keys!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I can NOT wait for this firgure! I've always wanted this variant! As for why he comes with a cosmic key, I couldn't say...but a friend of mine did bring up an interesting point today: in the movie, Gwildor had made two keys. Since Gwildor will clearly come with a key, too, now we can all have two keys!
    Good thinking bamf1980! I don't care how Gwildor's is coloured, but that's perfect! Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Wun-Dar motivated me to get the 2010 subscription. Preternian disguise He-Man has motivated me to skip the 2011 subscription. I'm not complaining. I'm actually relieved. I was already thinking about skipping on the 2011 sub and this exclusive solidified that decision.
    Same. Relieved.

I will say now that the sub figure, Disguised He-Man in preternia...bleah. Just bleah. Not much of a draw for a sub figure. OH DONT GET ME WRONG! I love the cosmic Key! I want that. But that alone? I'll tell you what, that base figure is pretty cool. And with a head swap, maybe a paint job, this will be one great figure for custom figures, ect. But that seems a bit too much to do to such a hard to get figure, that I absolutely dont care about.

Oh well. I hope someone is very very happy.

I do want that map though. Hmmmn.

Must add prediction. Next year, the Subscription figure will be Slime Pit He-Man! That I'll go gaga over!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I loved everything they showed us today but I can't figure out what the hell they were thinking on this one. How do you end up using as obscure a character as this to supposedly draw people to a $500 dollar commitment for the whole year?? And I'm buying two subs so that's a grand for me. I see it, but I just don't get it. If they were going for lesser known why not somebody like Eldor or something? This figure bores me to death! But I loved everything else, even Vikor.

Forgot one more thing, I liked the Cosmic Key. Maybe the key is the real sub. draw.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; July 23, 2010 at 11:19pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

As for why he comes with a cosmic key, I couldn't say...
    He-Man used the Cosmic Key to travel to Preternia.

Don't understand the complaints. Ever since I was a child, I dreamed of owning He-Man wearing a cloak and eye mask. I was dissapointed when Dolphin Lundren chose the generic He-Man look.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Don't understand the complaints. Ever since I was a child, I dreamed of owning He-Man wearing a cloak and eye mask. I was dissapointed when Dolphin Lundren chose the generic He-Man look.
    It's actually misnamed. His real title should be "E-bayor: Heroic Toy Smuggler". Look for some nice deals out of Hong Kong, just make sure you get the eye mask!

Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    He-Man used the Cosmic Key to travel to Preternia.
    Well, clearly. But that's not how it originally happened. What I meant to say was "Why they decided to change the story, I couldn't say."
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Well, clearly. But that's not how it originally happened. What I meant to say was "Why they decided to change the story, I couldn't say."
    Sure it is. Read the comic.

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm a bit anxious about what will happen when/if Gwildor is released : if he doesn't have his cosmic key (which is is main possession), what other items or weapons will he have ?
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Plus weren't there 2 keys in the movie? Its why Gwildor had to get his backup to take He-Man out of Eternia
    Yup. There were two keys. And this Disguised He-Man's key looks colored more movie-accurate, while when they get to Gwildor, I'm sure he will come with the key more classic-colored like his classic figure.

And here's a shameless re-post of my general thoughts on this Disguised He-Man, from the main SDCC thread:

I'm also really diggin' Pre-ternia Disguised He-Man too, I just wish that the final figure's cloak is more RED in color, more like the comic art; not a bright, bright, red, cause yeah, I get it, he's supposed to not be calling attention to himself, but the brownish color makes him a bit bland for me. I do love the fact that he comes with the Cosmic Key though!
    Last edited by Neutro; July 24, 2010 at 01:36am.
    – No comment.

THE LITTLE WORM HAS ANOTHER KEY!!!

(can't wait!!!. . and we'll get more insight into what Toy Guru knows about the two unproduced mini comics)

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I love this guy. We're also getting the giant gun thing attached to Bionatops with him, apparently.

You could be right about Bionatops, but I think the rifle is the one that Marshall BraveStar came with. It sure LOOKS like his rifle, an 'homage' maybe?
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I still think the hood on this figure looks a lot like 200x Skeletor's. Could be great for customizers.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Let me start by saying that I am overall VERY pleased with the reveals at SDCC!! I'm SO happy Roboto will have his moving gears, and Buzz Off, Bow, and Hiss look AWESOME!!! I'm also a big fan of Vikor, BUT I wish he would have been this year's Club Eternia Bonus Figure instead of this very obscure He-Man variant. I'm really happy for the hard core mini comic fans that are pumped for this variant. I'm just not that familiar with this version of He-Man. He kind of looks bland in my opinion. I'm sure he will grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    I still think the hood on this figure looks a lot like 200x Skeletor's. Could be great for customizers.
    Yeah I couldn't help but notice that too!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijet View Post
    Actually, the item being used there isn't the Cosmic Key... it's the original version of He-Ro's staff...

It's also He-Ro using it there, not He-Man. He-Man isn't shown using the key in the comic, it only mentions it.

And I absolutely love this MOTUC version! It's a near-perfect rendition of the movie key, but adds the lower hand grip from the toy! It looks like it was probably designed for Gwildor for that very reason and just happened to be included with this He-Man first. Can't wait to read the bio as it will probably feature the first mention of Gwildor!

Sallah

*** Please be sure to remove images when quoting a message, thank you! ***
    Last edited by Sallah; July 24, 2010 at 02:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Actually, the item being used there isn't the Cosmic Key... it's the original version of He-Ro's staff...

Sallah
    Whoops - you actually edited out the relevant page he was referencing. He underlined cosmic key in the panel with the sorceress.

I for one am hoping that when Gwildor comes out the Cosmic Key is colored the same but is in a closed position.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest