Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PRETERNIA DISGUISE HE-MAN Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Whoops - you actually edited out the relevant page he was referencing. He underlined cosmic key in the panel with the sorceress.

I for one am hoping that when Gwildor comes out the Cosmic Key is colored the same but is in a closed position.
    Yeah, but the other 2 images are from later parts in the book and were labeled in the same post as being the cosmic key. Just trying to clarify that it isn't the key. The first pic was correct in that they do mention the key, but the other 2 are from late in the book and are the staff- not the key.

Sallah

I think this is a great choice for the sub-exclusive figure! I wonder if his blaster will plug into Bionatops (if we get that dinosaur)...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I thought he was an Eternian peasant cat-burglar...
    That made me laugh out loud!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    He is, and it's a great idea as Wun-Dar was last year, easy for the casual fans and cherry pickers not to worry about, but a great one for completists!
    But this is a MAJOR fail for Mattel if they are trying to lure people into buying the subscription. I know that people would be mad if they put someone like Marlena or The Sorceress in that slot, and that's not what I am suggesting (unless they put the mini-comic all-white outfit Sorceress in there, and didn't release the regular Sorceress for another year and half or whatever).

They've lost second-sub purchases from MANY of us here (I've read many posts saying that, and I am included in that group). I don't need a second Preternia He-Man MOC... if it had been someone else, I probably would have purchased a second sub.

I do like the figure - a lot -- I just don't think it was the best choice. He could have shown up in a DC 2-pack later on, or in a 2 pack with Eldor as a SDCC exclusive next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I love this guy. We're also getting the giant gun thing attached to Bionatops with him, apparently.
    PLEASE tell me they didn't just look at that comic panel with He-Man on Bionatops shooting the gun in order to design the gun we are getting. It looks like ONE gun because the drawing is poor there. It is actually 2, and they are part of a harness for the toy. I'm looking at the piece right now, and it's 2 guns and the brace for Bionatops' horns.

[QUOTE=Darkspecter;2487608]I
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I think he's the best looking figure ever made in any toy line. It looks incredible.
    EVER?!? LOL!!! It IS cool... but that's a bit of a stretch

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    THE LITTLE WORM HAS ANOTHER KEY!!!
    "WHAT!?!?!? Kill him!!"

ARRRRG!! You beat me to it!! One of the best lines in the movie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    You could be right about Bionatops, but I think the rifle is the one that Marshall BraveStar came with. It sure LOOKS like his rifle, an 'homage' maybe?
    No, it's definitely a re-make of one of the two guns that come on Bionatops
    Did the Bravestarr gun look the same???
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I donīt know why but i totally dig him! He is great!

I've never even read the mini-comic that he came from but I love this toy. I really like that it's a variant based on a storyline rather than a variant that is forced into a cartoon for a blatant commerical(*cough*samuraiHe-man*cough*).

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's He-Man in a dress.

Sorry, but I just can't take this figure seriously.
    I would rather walk around in public in a dress than furry briefs.

I'm just sayin'.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Looking forward to getting my 2 when they ship them with the subs.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I wish his skirt was a LOT shorter though, like when riding Bionotops.
    He-Man wear a short skirt?

What kinda guy to you think he is? He's all man! He-Man wears dresses not skirts! Sheesh!!!

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    You could be right about Bionatops, but I think the rifle is the one that Marshall BraveStar came with. It sure LOOKS like his rifle, an 'homage' maybe?
    To be honest, off-hand, I have no idea what Marshall BraveStarr's accessories look like.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    PLEASE tell me they didn't just look at that comic panel with He-Man on Bionatops shooting the gun in order to design the gun we are getting. It looks like ONE gun because the drawing is poor there. It is actually 2, and they are part of a harness for the toy. I'm looking at the piece right now, and it's 2 guns and the brace for Bionatops' horns.
    You know Brian, I assumed we would be getting the entire contraption that attaches to Bionatops, but they may well have just made one of the guns for Preternia He-Man and then perhaps the other parts would come with Bionatops. Actually, now that I think about it, that kinda sounds more likely than getting the whole thing.

Actually, scratch that part about the other parts coming with Bionatops. That wouldn't make any sense, since Preternia He-Man is a sub exclusive.

I still think there's a possibility they only did the one gun though.
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 24, 2010 at 07:32am.

It seems to me that based on the selection of POG disguised He-man as sub exclusive and the Jan-Mar monthly reveals that Mattel have enough confidence in the strength of the MOTUC market that they don't need to extort us into buying one or more all-in subs. This is obviously good news about the strength of the line, but I am surprised they didn't swap Bow with Buzz-Off and Catra for Vikor, and that they didn't have someone like Queen Marlena or a unique character like Garn or Geldor as sub figure.

That being said, POG He-Man is a big surprise. While this variant has been mentioned on the boards before, I'd have never guessed him in a million years!

Now that we know he is coming, I do wonder if this is a disguise a younger Prince Adam wore to protect his identity when he was adventuring in search of the Power Sword halves - not only during his one recorded trip back in time to Preternia.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I think he's the best looking figure ever made in any toy line. It looks incredible.
    Well said! He's not THEE best IMO but he's awesome. In the Q&A's in the panel someone asked about Gwildor also having a Cosmic Key and TG did say yes, when they get to Gwildor he will come with a Key.

If you saw the side of his robes there is a slit on both sides so he will be able to spread his legs to ride a creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I wish his skirt was a LOT shorter though, like when riding Bionotops. It would be an obvious re-use for Eldor:
    Dark, check the He-Man's shadow on this image, the size of the skirt is Ok at my eyes:

I really think this is a poor choice for a figure, if he didn't come with the sub I wouldn't get him. I wouldn't mind them using the cloke for Eldor though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

At my eyes, the cloke will be not reused for Eldor, it is not the same at all.
    The Eldor's one is opened all along:

I knew he looked familiar. So, I checked out my mini comics. Sure enough there he was in the 1st of the 3 saga part comic book. It's a good choice b/c it's probably a character the casual fan can do w/o and not have to get the sub.

Like some other folks have said, I think the length of the skirt is right -- it's just that's it's bunched up and shorter looking when he's riding Bionatops.

Eldor's outfit is more of a hoodie than a cloke, so I wouldn't want him and Preternia He-Man sharing any part of this outfit. There's not much to either character, so they should have their own unique tooling.

I really like him, much better then Wun-Dar last year. I am not a big fan of the dinosaurs so I don't really care if he can't ride Bionatops. Looking forward to him!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really on the edge...

I'm not sure I'll buy this figure. Sure, it's Preternia He-Man, and he has the cosmic key and a "Bionatops" weapon, but... personally, I don't think he's very appealing. And he'll probably be released for 80 euros, just like Wun-Dar was. A bit too much for just a He-Man variant, and a not very attractive one...

I'll have to wait and see.

On the other hand, I see this figure as a possibility for Mattel to release the WHOLE Preternia/Powers of Grayskull line ! Eldor, Gigantisaur, Serpos (yes, Serpos appeared in the 1st part of the Powers of Grayskull mini-comic, and Hsss rode him)... amazing opportunities !

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Gah! You know what? I totally have that image tattooed to my memory. Just not the text lol. And since the key wasn't show, I had totally forgotten about that.

I got pwned.

**Please remove image tags when replying with a quote. Thanks!**

I'm happy that he is the sub exclusive as I am not getting a sub and have no interest in having him.

But we all knew the sub figure would be a simple kitbash, so I pretty much saw this coming. If it had been Lodar I would have been sad, because I really want him.

I love the inclusion of the Cosmic Key. Gwildor is one of my favorite characters, so I hope this means he isn't too far away.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

I'm kinda "meh" about him, honestly. I was expecting something a little cooler, but it's still funny, and that at least hits one of my marks of importance. Really, I'm excited about the Cosmic Key! That's awesome! I really hope someone else comes with one so we can have a set.
    Last edited by Alexx; July 24, 2010 at 02:52pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think this figure is amazing. A perfect sub exclusive. I actually loved this version of he-man in the mini comic. And It would be cool if in his bio they work out a way that by he-man going back in time he causes something to change in the present. That would be sweet.
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior
    "Disguise" He-Man??? Really? Really?

You're kidding me, right? This is the 2011 Club Eternia exclusive? Gimmie a friggin' break!

It's cool and all, but come on!

This should be a bonus figure, at best, and i'm talking waaaay down the line.

I'd have much rather had someone like Vikor or Oo-Larr or Demo-Man or... actually, I could keep going and going. Like maybe Geldor, Lodar or Garn. Again, I could go on and on.

I gotta say, it's not my favorite and i'm probably least excited about this than anything so far. Except maybe Optikk.

I could have waited for this He-Man variant. That's all i'm saying.

Lone-Starr

I agree with the above post; I am not thrilled we are getting yet another He-Man variant so soon in this line's infancy. Leave the repaints and obscurities to Batman and Star Wars lines. This MOTUC line still has a lot of new characters and material to mine yet to be going back to the well for an obscure variant from a scarce POG minicomic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Actually, the item being used there isn't the Cosmic Key... it's the original version of He-Ro's staff...
    It's also He-Ro using it there, not He-Man. He-Man isn't shown using the key in the comic, it only mentions it.
    Oops, I didn't really pay much attention, I added those two pics after I did the first one thinking I was helping out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'