Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Discussion!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar

Bow Discussion!

take the cape and armour off,

put the he-man head on and voila.

Last edited by Arkangel; July 23, 2010 at 09:33pm.

Yesss we doooo

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    See? Yes.

Want? No.

I'm not an NA hater I just don't want a billion versions of the same character. Had enough of that in 200X. Plus of all the He-Man varrienats he's pretty low on my want list. I honestly would not be bummed if he never came.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Bow Discussion!

Here's a look at Bow's 3 different looks:

MOTUC:

80's Bow:

StyleGuide Bow:

How does everyone feel about MOTUC Bow?

Me:

I love him, but I'm sad he doesn't come with a headband more like his toy (like the He-Ro one) instead of the kind of "W" design we got. I also wish he had unique boots, and not NA He-Man boots, and he's missing his chest armour.

I don't understand his mustache belt with circle decal either. What the heck is that about? NA He-Man nor Bow had that in any media...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 23, 2010 at 09:56pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I Love Bow!!!!!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Not sure if anyone has mentioned or seen but Bow has articulation above his wrists on his hands. Cool.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Bow is spectacular, my mind is spinning now at the thought of the rest of the POP lineup!...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Seriously, does anyone know why Bow has a mustache or door knocker on his belt buckle? I just haven't ever seen any designs for any characters that have that...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Bow is so manly that even his belt has a mustache...
    I wonder if his bow is functional.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm really happy with Bow overall. They did a great job with him!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I don't know why but I really want this figure, at first I was like "oh a POP figure I might keep it, but will probably sell it" to now saying "I'm happy I finally got a sub and he'll be the first figure I get with it."
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Bow is what sold me to get the 2011 sub. He looks awesome!! I must admit I was slightly worried about how he would look, but I shouldn't have been. The 4 Horsemen knew what they were doing! I can't wait till Jan to get him.

Bow. I am in love with bow. Perfect. Awesome. So very glad to have this character in same scale as other he-man figures. And I dont know how to say this, I hope the mods understand this, and if they edit it, I understand, but dont spank me... Anyone who says he looks anything other than masculine hetero man...well they're just mad. This dashing fellow is definately a lady killer on Etheria.

Dont understand why the "mustache" belt is so troubling, especially considering what they got right. Agree boots are strange, now that you mention it, but BLEAH! they got it so right. (not to mention how excited I am that someone noticed NA He-Man. Cool find.)

Cant wait to see him in shooting arrow mode, hence new wrist hand articulation Bow is more fitting to be the first in the line than anyone has admitted as yet.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Seriously, does anyone know why Bow has a mustache or door knocker on his belt buckle? I just haven't ever seen any designs for any characters that have that...

It's a bow... you know like the weapon Although a mustache belt would be equally badass for a guy like Bow
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

After I read a few comments and mainly yours baronterror, I went back and observed the figure again, his bow has no string, which leads me to believe we're possibly getting an elastic string for pull back motion.... I just hope some one doesn't shoot their eye out or harm a pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

I just can't believe how great he looks. He's such a smart amalgamation of his various looks. I'm not all that familiar with the vintage Bow's. I only ever saw the one with the heart at a friend's house once. What is the more armored one? Was it a variant? Or did he come with extra armor?

In any case, I think what 4H did is PERFECT. His head sculpt is amazing! The hair looks great. I love that he comes with a harp too!

I like him very much. I don't mind that they made him to harvest parts for NA He-man.

To me, allot of the POP designs need a little extra detail added to them in order to fit in the line. Both She-ra and Adora look too Filmation- they lack extra boot and arm guard details that could have really made them stand out.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very impressed with the MOTUC Bow. I'm interested to see how the new articulation (wrist and hip) will work in practice (and particularly whether the hips will be restricted in anyway), but in terms of design I think he looks pretty good.

I don't mind the shared parts with NA He-Man. It's a reality that parts need to be shared and Bow still seems to come with a lot of unique "parts" not to mention the two heads. The belt buckle is a little odd (especially the horizontal bow on top of the circle), but I think it works well with the design. I do wish the "toy head" had a head-band/crown that looked more like He-Ro's design instead of a design that almost looks like it was just painted on.

Cheers.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I think he looks great. Compared to the original, I think it's a BIG improvement.

As far as the boots, I'm thinking they made them multifunctional, to fit on another figure down the line.

I must admit that I wasn't really interested in getting any of the POP figures. I didn't have any of them when I was a kid except for the Horde, but by then, I was knida growing out of them.

I'm happy Bow turned out so well.

He came out absolutely perfect!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Is the heart removable? It looks like he comes with a red circle peg that you can put in it's place.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Is the heart removable? It looks like he comes with a red circle peg that you can put in it's place.
    That's what it looks like, and I think it's a good idea. May convince a few of the Bow haters to give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    It's a bow... you know like the weapon Although a mustache belt would be equally badass for a guy like Bow
    OOOoooh! Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Yes, I believe so.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    the first closeup view I got of his loose arrow made me think it had an odd shaped rope cutting head now that I see the style guide figure I realize it's heart shaped.

But wait now look at the arrows in his quiver he's got diamond, spade and clubs shaped ones in there! Since when is Bow a card shark?

He does have different wrist articulation. Probably done so he can get into arrow loading position.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Bow is pretty much the Old Spice Guy of Masters of the Universe.