Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Ram in MOTUC discussion

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Can't wait for this baby to come out

This is incredible, somewhat shocking news. Love it!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It looks really nice! I'll have to wait and see how much Matty charges for this before I decide if I'll actually get it. It looks a bit pricey!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

If it's any more than $50, I won't buy it. I'm a completist, but the price will make me a non-completist. And this is one of my all-time favorite vehicles.

It doesn't cost them that much. Their griping about tooling, etc. is garbage. They do it so they can justify pricing all of their toys so high (Mattel's prices are crazy across the board).

It looks finished.

It's not a protoype.

Do you think they mean to release it in the 4th Quarter of THIS year?? Is that possible?? I mean, why show it off now? And, again, it doesn't look like a prototype.

I love that there is a place for a figure's feet under the back end, where they can hold on with their hands. The vintage one sort of let you put the figure on the back, and then cram their legs in above the wheels... this one is MUCH better!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

It doesn't cost them that much. Their griping about tooling, etc. is garbage. They do it so they can justify pricing all of their toys so high (Mattel's prices are crazy across the board).
    Uhm... no. You are wrong. Very, very wrong. No cookie for you.

Tooling for ANYTHING is very, very expensive. A tool for a very basic form that is just vacuum molded can cost around $3,000. The tool for a figure can run up to $100,000. The tool is one of the most expensive part of producing something in plastic. That's why you see a lot of companies sculpt figures and then they never go into production. Sculpting is relatively cheap compared to making the tool!

Now, this vehicle should probably come in the $40 - $50 range. The reason being that it's essentially two hollow plastic shells joined together. Even if they keep all the paint apps on it (and there are quite a few! And I'm assuming what was stickers on the old toys will be printed on) there won't be any action features so it shouldn't been horribly expensive.

The thing that might drive up costs will be labor. Labor in China is getting more expensive by the day and will likely continue to get more expensive. Hopefully MOTU figures won't rise in price too much. I think they've definitely got some padding in there considering how much their production runs have gone up. But an item like this could be more expensive to produce in late 2011 (assuming that is what they meant) than it would be this year.

All that being said, I'm with you. $50 is my break point with something like this. Between price and the space it'll take up... vehicles will be a luxury for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If it's any more than $50, I won't buy it. I'm a completist, but the price will make me a non-completist. And this is one of my all-time favorite vehicles.

It looks finished.

It's not a protoype.

Do you think they mean to release it in the 4th Quarter of THIS year?? Is that possible?? I mean, why show it off now? And, again, it doesn't look like a prototype.

I love that there is a place for a figure's feet under the back end, where they can hold on with their hands. The vintage one sort of let you put the figure on the back, and then cram their legs in above the wheels... this one is MUCH better!!!
    To me personally it does look like a hand painted prototype...

And we already know from the slides at the panel that they are talking about 4th quarter 2011, not 2010-

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...e=800&start=60

Sallah

HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP!

Move over GI Joe ARAH, we just got ourselves the best toyline ever.

If I didn't mention it, HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 24, 2010 at 03:41am.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    No thats not true! It always was the best toyline ever

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That looks so cool - I don't know where I'm going to put it though if I get one

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Big thanks to Heidi for sprucing up the 1st post!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    And I'm assuming what was stickers on the old toys will be printed on) there won't be any action features so it shouldn't been horribly expensive.
    first off WOW this thing looks amazing, I mean you can totally see the horsemen's skill in this (the reason I say that is in comparison to the 2002 line the vehicles were CLEARLY not horsemen work) it's bittersweet as now for classics Mattel is having thehorsemen do EVERYTHING toy wise. if only they did that for the 2002 line.

secondly I may be mistaken as I can't tell but the detailing that used to be stickers looks like it's SCULPTED on - particularly the dragon deco. very hard to tell but the tail part looks 3d.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The SDCC reveals were good but there were no Holy Crap moments until I saw this. Pure awesomesauce. I don't care what the price is, I will stil buy at least 2.

Last years SDCC WOW! moment for me was Trap Jaw, this year it is the Battle Ram. I've got things to do but I don't want to leave this thread or stop looking at the pics

Oh my God...It's beautiful, sometimes I really can't believe how much I'm loving this toy-line. Thank you to everyone involved in creating this!

That is freaking awesome, I was just talking as soon as I heard about a vehicle later in 2011 that I hoped to have attack trak or battle ram
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

OH SWEET BABY Gief!! Fantastic
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!! That was my most wanted vehicle by far and it is spectacular!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Are we getting this, holy cow man this is going to be awesome. Its the 1980's all over again,time to get my "frankie say relax T-shirt out.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    Are we getting this, holy cow man this is going to be awesome. Its the 1980's all over again,time to get my "frankie say relax T-shirt out.
    Ok! the day you receive the Ram, you hafta post a pic of you holding while wearing that shirt! And Ill wear my vintage 'Wham' Shirt!!lol
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

It's simply outstanding!!!
    I cannot imagine how much big is it...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

My excitement for this still hasn't quelled. My first and only Battle Ram from the vintage line was one I picked up by pure luck in an op shop when I was just a little one many moons ago. It was just the sled and tank part, not decals and no missile.

This thing is a beast. Only 12+ months to go

Are you serious? Cause I don't mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ok! the day you receive the Ram, you hafta post a pic of you holding while wearing that shirt! And Ill wear my vintage 'Wham' Shirt!!lol
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Gawd. I'm totally excited about this thing. I also want a GREEN EVIL WARRIORS VERSION!

Can't remember....did they show figures at SDCC??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for this, hopefully we can get some additional sleds (maybe a 2 pack) as well though since they'll have the molds.

The Four Horsemen have spoken out about the Battle Ram. It's not an "official" Mattel product (yet, anyway) hence why it was with their stuff and not Mattel's...

That’s ours. We created that to present to Mattel just to see what the possibilities of doing a vehicle might be. Like it? Let Mattel know & you may get it!
    -FH-
    I have a short write up on it along with links to other pics in my SDCC Coverage - http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=8005
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    The Four Horsemen have spoken out about the Battle Ram. It's not an "official" Mattel product (yet, anyway) hence why it was with their stuff and not Mattel's...

I have a short write up on it along with links to other pics in my SDCC Coverage - http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=8005
    Awwww man, that's a bit of a let down. But didn't Toyguru say that we were getting a vehicle in the 4th quarter of 2011?...I'll have to go back and watch the video of the panel again. And what about the trademark?