Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Ram in MOTUC discussion

So the Battle Ram was NOT shown at the Matty panel yesterday correct? However it was on display at the Four Horsemen booth and not Mattel's?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Awwww man, that's a bit of a let down. But didn't Toyguru say that we were getting a vehicle in the 4th quarter of 2011?...I'll have to go back and watch the video of the panel again. And what about the trademark?

Right on both counts. There is a vehicle slated for Q4 and Battle Ram has been trademarked. That's why I added the "yet anyway" because all signs pointed to it happening until The Four Horsmen put the kibosh on the speculation. The only thing that didn't add up to it being the Q4 vehicle is that Mattel let the 4H show it off in the AFX booth. I don't think that would've happened if it really were on the schedule.

Maybe the Q4 vehicle will be something smaller/cheaper and the 4H are being allowed to show this to test the waters for something larger?
    Last edited by Daniel Lynch; July 24, 2010 at 09:51am.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

i cant beleive it, were gettin an awsome vehicle for the our first, i hope we get a land shark later, awsome. too bad we didnt see a man e faces?

O.k. guys and gals. This Battle Ram is pure awesomeness. There should be no charge for pure awesomeness(Kung Fu Panda), right? Anyway, can anybody tell me if this will be in our subscription for the 4th quarter next yr? Or is it slated for 2011 SDCC pick up? When will it be released.?

This is just amazing! I love it! Wonder why it wasn't show at the panel?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It would be a huge mistake for Mattel not to make this beautiful Four Horsemen creation. I want that thing NOW!
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Well the horsemen showed their classics he-man in 2007 at sdcc and that led to MOTUC classics as a line, I think we will be getting that battle ram!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

LOVE the vehicle! A little bummed now that I found out it's just a prototype and not official.

Heroic Warrior
    The BIG question would be to know if the MOTUC Battle Ram Chariot that was trademarked lately is based on the vintage 80's Battle Ram, or on the 200x Skeletor's Battle Ram Chariot ?

A good question to ask on the "what the fans want to know" thread...

Anyway, can anybody tell me if this will be in our subscription for the 4th quarter next yr? Or is it slated for 2011 SDCC pick up? When will it be released.?
    From what I was able to gather, the 1st vehicle of the MOTUC line is sheduled to be released "in the 4th quarter" (of 2011, I guess, otherwise we would have seen pics during the SDCC panel).

It WON'T be part of the 2011 subscription, though, like many had guessed. The small diorama announced for 2011's quarter 2, and other accessories (Castle Grayskull's weapons rack, for example) won't be included either ! This was announced on toyark.com. Consequently, the 2011 sub is NOT an "all-in" subscription !
    Last edited by Spectror; July 24, 2010 at 11:28am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well that's my balloon deflated! If Mattel still has to be "convinced" you'd think that would mean the planned 4th quarter vehicle is something else. Hmmmm.

Look at the size of that thing!

Heroic Warrior
    That vintage Battle Ram prototype made by the 4 Horsemen is absolutely awesome, anyway !

Now, is the Mattel trademarked Battle Ram Chariot the same as the 4 Horsemen's classic Battle Ram prototype, or is it actually the 200X Skeletor's Battle Ram Chariot ?

Is it true that the 4 Horsemen's prototype is still not Mattel's (and so, not trademarked) ? Or is it just one more way to create a buzz around it ?

As we can see, Mattel and the 4 Horsemen sure love to bring more confusion... Probably because we discovered a trademark a bit too early.

give us this great battle ram matty!
    where do I have to post this to let mattel know?

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I like it except for the cheap stickers it has. Please 4H paint the details of the vehicle, donīt use stickers. I donīt see vehicles of Star Wars with stickers.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Wow! Didn't see that yesterday. How exciting! I'm going to be so broke by 2016!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Have they announced when it will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    The BIG question would be to know if the MOTUC Battle Ram Chariot that was trademarked lately is based on the vintage 80's Battle Ram, or on the 200x Skeletor's Battle Ram Chariot ?

As soon as I read that Battle Ram wasn't official, I remembered you saying that the Chariot was trademarked. Imo, it's going to be a huge letdown if the vehicle Mattel gives us next year is either the Chariot or something other than Battle Ram. To be honest, I was just hoping for a Skysled, but after seeing the complete Battle Ram, I want the whole thing.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

i never wanted vehicles in this line. they're going to take away much tooling expenses away from action figures

I say bring on The Battle Ram!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Very sad to see that this is just a prototype and is not planned for the line. Honestly, I thought this was by far the coolest reveal of SDCC. Mattel, produce this in the line, STAT!
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Oh my god that thing is epic! I would love to start getting vehicles like that so I can properly display my figs in an awesome battle scene.
    bnl4life

found these pics...

A good question to ask on the "what the fans want to know" thread...

From what I was able to gather, the 1st vehicle of the MOTUC line is sheduled to be released "in the 4th quarter" (of 2011, I guess, otherwise we would have seen pics during the SDCC panel).

It WON'T be part of the 2011 subscription, though, like many had guessed. The small diorama announced for 2011's quarter 2, and other accessories (Castle Grayskull's weapons rack, for example) won't be included either ! This was announced on toyark.com. Consequently, the 2011 sub is NOT an "all-in" subscription !
    THX- That totally sucks it's not in the sub. Let me guess, they want to test the market. Surprise, surprise the market is there for vehicles to be made. Just put it in sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    i never wanted vehicles in this line. they're going to take away much tooling expenses away from action figures
    Other than one Skysled, I wasn't in need of vehicles either. It's just that this is so cool looking.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

You know what Spectror, I knew that would happen with the 2011 subscription, just exactly like the current 2010 sub.
    Sadly Mattel still wants us to keep coming back constantly every month to their prehistoric site and keep fighting that stupid WSOD they've created and ending up frustrated whether we get the subscription or not just to keep the hype up there. And that's why they're not going to do the pre-order system like many other companies do... And that's one of the reasons I ended up buying only one subscription this time around, and get whatever I miss out on from ebay or wait for the re-issues if I had to...

If anyone believes that buying a sub will eliminate your cries and high blood pressure, think again my friends...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.