Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Battle Ram in MOTUC discussion

THIS IS JUST TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!
    AWESOME Is the least I can say about it.
    I love everything about it, the colour scheme, the details...
    I just can't wait to hold it. This will shurelly be a quick sellout, probably available for the first 15 min, if not less...
    Mattell really needs to increase the production numbers on this one... Just think about the number of buyers that will buy multiples, just for customs of the skysled part?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    "That's ours. We created that to present to Mattel just to see what the possibilities of doing a vehicle might be. Like it? Let Mattel know & you may get it!

-FH-"

I know it is a bit too coincidental that we get told of a Q4 vehicle and this gets shown by the 4H but I won't be completely convinced in Mattel come out and officially say Battle Ram is the vehicle and it will be released Q4.

The sooner they come out and say the happier I will be. Start saving for Castle Grayskull folks because you know that has to be in the pipeline somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post

"That's ours. We created that to present to Mattel just to see what the possibilities of doing a vehicle might be. Like it? Let Mattel know & you may get it!

-FH-"
    Mattel, this is me letting you know- I want it.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I just checked the matty forum and posted Daniels 4H quote over there!

Lets make some noise in there as well!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...836#5161066836
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The Battle Ram is amazing. I would however like to see it with a bit greener paint job...something closer to the original box art.
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I want that Battle Ram. Matty really needs to get things going. I'm more curious about the price point, but I was thinking that it really wouldn't be that big of a deal. We don't need any rocket firing parts. It can simply be just 2 pieces (Jet and Cannon) with the rolling wheels and we'll even put our own stickers on.

Not much articulation and assembly going on there. This would keep the price down, hopefully.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Considering the success in sales and the ultimate driving force is "Nastalgic" im pretty sure this is a no brainer. However, I'd say $25- bucks for this. Its not like it transforms, have die-cast parts, rubber tires or require complex engineering compared to The Transformers of the same scale.
    Accept the unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I like it except for the cheap stickers it has. Please 4H paint the details of the vehicle, donīt use stickers. I donīt see vehicles of Star Wars with stickers.
    If you look carefully the photos you may notice that those are NOT stickers. The colored panels are actually painted.

That vehicle is beautiful and I hope it will se the light beyond the prototype phase.

Nice work 4H.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    Considering the success in sales and the ultimate driving force is "Nastalgic" im pretty sure this is a no brainer. However, I'd say $25- bucks for this. Its not like it transforms, have die-cast parts, rubber tires or require complex engineering compared to The Transformers of the same scale.
    As always, comparisons with retail lines won't work. The production run for any MOTUC (other than at Toys R Us) is limited, and that's why the price will be higher.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I'm not a fan of vehicles. Sadly when thery announced vehicles at the panel i knew that I once they are added to the subscription that I would no longer purchase it.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Actually, there are many factors. 1) This thing is huge! It is twice again the size of the original. 2) As stated, this line is limited on retail to a specific fandom. There are a lot of MOTU/DC two packs on the shelves at TRU right now. 3) The production price point of ANY molded item is at an all-time high. Remember that all plastics still come from petroleum and production costs are leveling up even overseas.

Anyone else notice that the details originally from the stickers are now fully sculpted on? Even the more organic art on the sides was crafted in 3D sculpt!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Mattel, this is me letting you know- I want it.
    I'm chiming in as well.

Can't we just get a petition or something going, get a few thousand signatures and send it to them? Shouldn't be to hard.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not entirely interested in the vehicles - then again, I wasn't really interested in the army builder 2 packs until I saw what Mattel/4H actually did (I am now considering purchasing 2 of the army builder packs now).

I honestly would prefer more dioramic pieces. Something more substantial than the stands but something that could be had for less than 20-25 bucks. Granted, I guess you could say vehicles are dioramic.

I never liked the vehicles in MOTU.....until I saw the 4H prototype. Fantastic.

I can't recall would the subscription cover vehicles in the same slot as large creatures or would they be excluded?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I never liked the vehicles in MOTU.....until I saw the 4H prototype. Fantastic.

I can't recall would the subscription cover vehicles in the same slot as large creatures or would they be excluded?
    They won't be part of the sub.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    If you look carefully the photos you may notice that those are NOT stickers. The colored panels are actually painted.

That vehicle is beautiful and I hope it will se the light beyond the prototype phase.

Nice work 4H.

You are wright, has no stickers

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The battle ram could be done and I think the prince wouldn't be so bad. As worst, maybe $50 tops. I'm hoping for something in the $30 - $40 range. The Battle Ram doesn't need much. We don't need a shooting part. The red cannon can just be part of the vehicle.

Basic wheel assembly and we good. I would have loved if the 4H stuck a He-man figure on the Battle Ram just see what he would look like riding it.

Again, if the Battle Ram gets made, we'll have an opening for more vehicles. The Wind Raider would be about the same. I can't imagine a Roton costing more than a Battle Ram.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Court Magician
    wow! just when you think you've seen it all we get a suprise like this.

I hope we will see more vehicles such as Attack Trak, Landshark, Wind Raider, and Talon Fighter with Point Dread

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Has anyone bigger and better pics of this beauty?
    i have better pics, just need to upload them on my computer, i was talking to Jim, one of the four horsemen he had it out at another booth, it comes apart just like the old style to make the jetsled, really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    i have better pics, just need to upload them on my computer, i was talking to Jim, one of the four horsemen he had it out at another booth, it comes apart just like the old style to make the jetsled, really awesome.
    I can't wait to see them. Did you happen to get anymore info that has already been mentioned?

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    This line is really has the powerrrrrrr (sorry )

I NEVER have bought vehicles, I skipped them all in 200x but the sight of this totally reminded me of my childhood adventures in the woods (Eternia's forest), the sandbox (Eternia's desert) and the tub (Eternia's ocean). All of which featured appearances by the jet.

I'm now reduced to being 32 and hearing myself say as I did when I was little "Awww, I want one! Please can I have one of those?!?!"

It's VERY awesome! It was the first vehicle I owned in the MOTU vintage line. I love the engines on the back of the Sky Sled. I love the hanles and the standing platform on the back. That said, I won't pay more than $40 for it. I'm already buying a lot for this line, and display space is also at a premium as well. If it's too expensive, I will pass.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    We don't need a shooting part. The red cannon can just be part of the vehicle.
    I disagree. Without the missile launcher the Battle Ram would just be a solid hunk of plastic with wheels that doesn't really do anything.

If that happens, i'd rather they didn't bother with the back section at all and just sell the front Sky Sled part on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Mattel! Give my the Battle Ram!

Or Two!
    Or 3!

Heroic Warrior
    This vehicle is perfect!