Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Battle Ram in MOTUC discussion

That Battle Ram is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've ever seen!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Me wantee. $50 would be fair.

that thing is huge by the looks of it... now i realise how big stuff like grayskull is going to have to be.

i'm a little concerned about shipping of such a big vehicle to europe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    that thing is huge by the looks of it... now i realise how big stuff like grayskull is going to have to be.

i'm a little concerned about shipping of such a big vehicle to europe.
    Me, too...

But if it`ll looks like the prototype, I´d buy it in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Berserker79; July 26, 2010 at 05:48pm. Reason: gramatical correction

saw this is person. I have video of it once i am able to figure out a good place to upload it,etc

it is the best thing i saw at SDCC that was MOTUC related.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    saw this is person. I have video of it once i am able to figure out a good place to upload it,etc

it is the best thing i saw at SDCC that was MOTUC related.
    I noticed that the parts that used to be stickers now seem to be sculpted on, is that true of the dragon on the sky sled as well, it's harder to tell with that one.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I noticed that the parts that used to be stickers now seem to be sculpted on, is that true of the dragon on the sky sled as well, it's harder to tell with that one.
    Yep, in some of the pics you can see the contours and shadows, its SUPERB, that what made me go WOW, I just love the Colors!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yep, in some of the pics you can see the contours and shadows, its SUPERB, that what made me go WOW, I just love the Colors!
    awesome! thanks I thought as much but it's hard to tell on the skysled on my monitor Really amazing touch that!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yup it is all DEF sculpted detail. it is awesome that they translated the sticker designs into actual SCULPTED detail....Mattel NEEDS to let the horsemen do every piece of this line no matter how big or small.....

i hope next year they just make a CG and surprise Mattel with it.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yup it is all DEF sculpted detail. it is awesome that they translated the sticker designs into actual SCULPTED detail....Mattel NEEDS to let the horsemen do every piece of this line no matter how big or small.....

i hope next year they just make a CG and surprise Mattel with it.
    Definitely. I don't want a repeat of the 200X line with the Horsemen only doing the figures while Mattel handle the vehicles & playsets themselves.

Mattel, just let the 4HM sculpt EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Just like the He-Man prototype was just their random pitch... ok, well, maybe it sort of was, but please, Mattel announced that 2011 would have a vehicle in the 4th quarter.

This thing is WAY too perfect to be a mock up. It's definitely at least a test shot.
    Hey bcr, I saw your post only today
    I'm pretty sure I can say this isn't a random pitch, but it is indeed a pitch. Mattel had no idea about the He-Man the 4H sculpted back then, and this was new to them too, the 4H totally acted on their own in the hope Mattel will greenlight their ideas.

Also I was there, I saw it in persone and talked to Eric and CB, and I can totally tell you that the BR showed at the Con is prototype
    They created a working prototype (with firing missile) all fabricated and sculpted. Then they casted it, and painted a copy by hand (as they do with the other sculpts) and brought this one to the Con.
    A test shot would be a cast made from the steel mold at the factory, and this definitely isn't that

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Ah, if only the Four Horsemen were in charge of quality control... instead of the faith that Mattel has in a factory worker half a world away!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I'm amazed the Four Horsemen are allowed to work on spec projects like this and reveal them at a public forum like SDCC. I bet someone at Matty legal will have a red butt 'til Halloween over this!

Let's hope Mattel green light the project as the Battle Ram looks awesome.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    The 4 Horsemen made a prototype with their own money and provided free publicity. What's there to complain about?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Yeah, the 4 Horsemen have nothing to worry about.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    The 4 Horsemen made a prototype with their own money and provided free publicity. What's there to complain about?
    Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. It's just Mattel always seem so sensitive about reveals and use of their characters.

Case in point: Pixel Dan's use of FILMation MOTU theme tunes.
    Case in point: MVC's use of characters and storylines in the 200x comics.

Anyway, more power to the 4 Horsemen.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. It's just Mattel always seem so sensitive about reveals and use of their characters.

Case in point: Pixel Dan's use of FILMation MOTU theme tunes.
    Case in point: MVC's use of characters and storylines in the 200x comics.

Anyway, more power to the 4 Horsemen.
    Didn't think you were complaining. I probably should have thrown a in there.

I still don't get the issue with the MOTU music. If they don't have Filmation rights, what do they care if PD uses the music? Is PD considered a Mattel employee because they give him figures to review?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    No one will let me believe that the 4 Horsemen sculpted that Battle Ram for nothing...

If the guys at Mattel don't pick the Horsemen to sculpt the vehicles too... well, let's say it wouldn't be a bright idea, because the Horsemen did an excellent job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    No one will let me believe that the 4 Horsemen sculpted that Battle Ram for nothing...
    Man, you really can't believe anything at all, uh?
    They sculpted it on their own in their free time.
    If Mattel release it, they will get paid.
    What not to believe? Am I actually a liar?

You're right Spectror, they didn't sculpt it for nothing.
    They sculpted it for fun. They're fanboys too.
    They sculpted it because they want this in the line so they pitched it like Emiliano said.
    So no, it's certainly not for nothing. The ball is in Mattel's court now. So continue to make a fuss to make it reality!

This Battle Ram is beyond awesome. I, like all the rest of you, NEED this for my collection. It's not a want... It's a NEED.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    I don't know if people relies that this is not the quarterly vehicle coming up next year . If the battle ram is made it will be fall 2011 quartely figure . Why don't we let mattel know that we want the battle ram in the classics line and we want it now

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    I don't know if people relies that this is not the quarterly vehicle coming up next year . If the battle ram is made it will be fall 2011 quartely figure . Why don't we let mattel know that we want the battle ram in the classics line and we want it now
    Huh? If you're saying it's a large scale item that will be in the sub, you're wrong.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Huh? If you're saying it's a large scale item that will be in the sub, you're wrong.
    ? Hu explain yourself . Something we don't know

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    I'm not so sure you're right about that. Plus, 2011 is next year. So maybe I'm just confused on what you're saying.

Fact is, technically, this is not confirmed for release. The Four Horsemen made it, and brought it to SDCC just to show off.

But it certainly doesn't mean that it's absolutely not the vehicle we're getting in 2011.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    A reminder :

The vehicle that will be released at the end of 2010 (we still don't know what vehicle it will be... the only trademark that was filed so far is for a certain Battle Ram CHARIOT, though) WON'T be part of the 2011 subscription. That is a FACT that has been stated by Toyguru himself.

We still don't know how much the 2011 vehicle will cost (and Toyguru allegedly doesn't know it either).

It is still uncertain that the 4 Horsemen will sculpt the vehicles (although, after looking at their Battle Ram, personally, I don't think other persons could be better at sculpting MOTUC vehicles !).

Personal thoughts :

As far as I'm concerned - and people can laugh all they want, I don't give a damned - I don't think the Horsemen sculpted the Battle Ram only "for fun". "Fun" is a concept that doesn't exist in the corporate world. I believe they sculpted it as a "bait" (for the fans AND for Mattel).

It would be cool if we could see a second vehicle sculpted by the 4 Horsemen (an evil one with a totally different look than the Battle Ram... say, Spydor, the Landshark or the Fright Fighter, for instance). That might be the definite proof we need to go all the way for the 4 Horsemen.

I'm scared that Mattel would design the vehicles. We got this with 200x, and the 200x vehicles were not the best quality (it figures, since it was a Mattel creation)...