Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superman vs. 200X He-Man

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar

Superman vs. 200X He-Man

Hi everyone. So I was at my local Toys R Us just looking around and I thought I'd go on a search for the Superman vs He-Man 2 pack. Well I found him but it wasn't what I expected. To my surprise someone had most likely bought and returned the 2 pack but switched out an awesome MOTUC He-Man with a 200X He-Man. Boy that made me mad to see. I have never started a thread before but I'm so upset that I had to vent to the He-Man.org universe. Has anyone ever seen such a dastardly act?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's happening in Knoxville too. There were two Skeletor/Luthor sets on the shelf at my local TRU. Each one had one half of Skeletor's sword.

He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    It's ridiculous what people will do to take advantage of the system these days
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Thats pretty bad that people will take these measures, but have to admit its kinda funny seeing them in there.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wow who's poor or desperate enough to upgrade their MOTU figures in that manner?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wow, that does really suck some folks are doing that. On another note, how awesome does DCUC vs. 200X MOTU look?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Haha the scale does match a little better

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    True story. A couple of months ago I was in TRU and I saw six sets in a row like that. Three of each were switched out.

I of course had no interest in it because of the hyper anime style.
    Last edited by mick4metal; August 21, 2010 at 05:51am.

My question is; was there any visible tampering to the cards/blisters? It's highly unlikely, but what if (what if) these are legit?
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

I wondered about that at initially when I first heard about these showing up but then I got to thinking it'd probably be pretty easy for someone to take one of the 2-packs home to open up the bubble on the side of the MOTUC fig and do a swap then reglue without too much damage but thats just my guess. These people must be pretty desperate to get the figs and must not be too big of fan of DCUC I'm surprised a 2 pack hasn't shown up with the DCU fig swapped out too with a JLU figure instead

I'd also be interested for anyone who saw them to let us know whether or not it appeared that they had been opened.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Man, I haven't seen stuff like this in a long time! Used to happen to the 2-pack G.I. Joes often. Sometimes they'd pack 'em with figures I actually wanted, so they would be worth the buy! Last time I ran into this it was with Minimates. Some multipack with Dr. Doom in it; I had to take it back twice before I found one that actually HAD Dr. Doom in it! Someone kept replacing it with Hulk. How many Dr. Dooms do you need? I mean, of the same one. I've got a bunch of versions!

Anyway, so long as 2-packs exist with figures that have been out before, so will folks who just can't bare to spend the cash. It's so easy to do, too. Can't ever catch these little jerks and you just wana slap 'em around.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

This kind of switch out stuff has been going on at Seattle area toy outlets forever it seems. I'd find GI Joe 2 packs with Star Wars figures in them or now it seems like I find DCUC figures without their build-a-figure pieces constantly. The worst case I'd ever seen was in the mid 90s, I bought the COPS helicopter on clearance at a Toys R Us and when I got it home & opened it, it had a broken MOTU Windraider and a t-shirt stuffed into the box. The manager at Toys R Us felt really bad when I took it back so on top of my refund they gave me a $10 gift certificate to make up for the hassle.

Toy collectors (especially adult ones) are a different breed.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Man, I haven't seen stuff like this in a long time! Used to happen to the 2-pack G.I. Joes often. Sometimes they'd pack 'em with figures I actually wanted, so they would be worth the buy! Last time I ran into this it was with Minimates. Some multipack with Dr. Doom in it; I had to take it back twice before I found one that actually HAD Dr. Doom in it! Someone kept replacing it with Hulk. How many Dr. Dooms do you need? I mean, of the same one. I've got a bunch of versions!

Anyway, so long as 2-packs exist with figures that have been out before, so will folks who just can't bare to spend the cash. It's so easy to do, too. Can't ever catch these little jerks and you just wana slap 'em around.

Oh God that was ever store I went to hear in Ohio with the GI Joe two packs a few years ago. The worst was the K-Mart two packs with a bonus figure which was on a blister card packed with the two pack in it. People would cut out the two pack and keep the bonus viper then return the two pack as a regular pack. Stupid idea on Hasbro's part to but the new upc over the pre-existing one. They made it way to simple to pull that scam off.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought one of these back in March when they first came out. It had 200x He-man in it, and I was so excited at the store, I thought I found a cool variant! I even posted pics of it on the org to show everyone! Once other org.ers told me about the process of switching out the toys, I looked closer at the package to find out that yes, it had been tampered with. I returned the sucker to TRU to get a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    My question is; was there any visible tampering to the cards/blisters? It's highly unlikely, but what if (what if) these are legit?
    I would assume that it`s possibly a different vendor for this line which don`t have the the molds, I also think that it would be almost impossible to have 200X molds mixed up with MOTUC since mattel has either stored away the 200X molds or destroyed them (200X was 8 years ago). One more thing is even if they did get produced by mistake they would still have to have the MOTUC He Man and Skeletor paint masters and those obviously 200X paint apps

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Nah, it's definite tampering.

I posted this same thread a while back when I found the same thing at my local TRU. I've since seen a few of them like this. Whoever is doing it, is good. I to examine it for a few minutes to see how they did it.

The first one had tape down the right side where they opened. The ones after that had been reglued. A little sloppy, otherwise, I wouldn't have seen it.

Some folks have no scruples...
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Great! The 2002 designs are going to kill MOTU sales at retail twice in less than 10 years!!!

(Please don't respond to this with an "us VS them" debate. I am just kidding.)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    It reminds me how much 200X He Man didn't look like He Man!

The Skeletor one though looks great

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I saw a Cyborg Supes/Mongol two-pack with a Mongol that looked an awful lot like that blue suited pegwarmer Aquaman.

The two Skeletor sets were taped along the bottom. Someone browsing probably wouldn't have noticed if they weren't already into MOTUC.

He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Great! The 2002 designs are going to kill MOTU sales at retail twice in less than 10 years!!!
    lol, I certainly hope you're not right!

Seriously though, I remember when this happened back in March to another orger; it was unacceptable then, and it is unacceptable now!

I really, REALLY want these two-packs to succeed for two major (albeit personal) reasons:

1. I LOVE the simpler comic/cartoon style paint apps/re-deco's on these figures!
    2. This is a wonderful way of getting MOTU back into brick & mortar stores!

Arrgh, it's too bad that TRU is such a monstrous store - I guarantee these people wouldn't try this crap at a smaller comics or specialty store!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I just hope it's Toys R Us that is out of pocket for the mistake and not anyone else. If they want to continue to be like their hero, Wal-Mart, and allow their employees to be misinformed, they should be liable for it.

I know when I worked at KB Toys, if the package even remotely looked like it had been opened, I made sure people knew to pay attention. I'd personally look at the returned stuff and say something if there was a swap that happened. I think it only happened 1 time while I was an asst manager. I wasn't there at the time and the manager wasn't either.

I guess they have a high loss percentage built in or something? That would be the only reason I know that they're not having a DM come down on them hard.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

why doesn't TRU management prevent this from happening? Can't they notice there's a totally different figure in there? i guess most clerks and managers are just so clueless and toy-blind, they'd never notice... but they should!

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    The worst case I'd ever seen was in the mid 90s, I bought the COPS helicopter on clearance at a Toys R Us and when I got it home & opened it, it had a broken MOTU Windraider and a t-shirt stuffed into the box. The manager at Toys R Us felt really bad when I took it back so on top of my refund they gave me a $10 gift certificate to make up for the hassle.
    Thats an awesome story. Made me laugh, thanks.
    I have seen this too, not with MOTUC but with the Gotham city 5, the Superman had been replaced with a Clark Kent and Lex was a random DCUC figure (Cant remember which one) with a Justice Lex head. I almost bought it thinking it was some crazy factory error, then I was like wait a minute....