Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *PROTECTED* King Hsss's snake form needs to be improved urgently !

Heroic Warrior
    I'm happy to see that other fans, and even those who don't always agree with me, also think that the current snake part of Hsss is not suitable.

This is just common sense, in my opinion, especially for those who like to pose ot to play with their figures...

I hope that we'll succeed in having some great, positive changes by March...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was worried that king hsss wouldn't stand up to the fans standards. I was really hoping for hinged mouths on the snake armes & head. i was also hoping for an extra 200x style human head. but i can be happy with the classics look. i was hoping for a lot from this A list figure. can anything be done before he is released?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I will agree on this one as well. The human form is excellent but I'm concerned with the snake form. I've never seen the J-Sun version before, that's really sweet! If Mattel is going to deviate even this much from the vintage figure why not model the snake in the same color to retain the classic look but make the snake bigger and badder? I don't hate it but it could be better. As it is however, I would probably only display the human version.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior
    I tend to agree, if this whole line is about articulation (look at the ab crunch armor fiasco), then why would we not have a more articulated snake-form Hiss? I was really hoping they would make King Hiss a $30 beast or something and give us a whole second torso.

Heroic Warrior
    I was really hoping they would make King Hiss a $30 beast or something and give us a whole second torso.

Actually, they DID give us a whole second torso for Hsss's snake form... but a lame one, without articulation (just cheap bendable stuff) and without hinged jaws for the snake heads.

The snake version of Hisss should have looked like this, HANDS DOWN the best version I have seen.

The version shown at comic con looks slapped together and I think the large snake head is what takes away from it the most...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post

The fact that Hsss’s hydra form doesn’t have hingeable jaws is also a bad omen for what will come next: it would mean that Rattlor and Kobra Khan wouldn’t have any hingeable jaw either !
    Hmmmm, I'm not sure I understand your point here. Why does that mean that Rattlor and Khan WON'T have a hingeable jaw? True, they will want to reuse parts as much as possible...but that does not by any means mean that they will not make a hinge-able jaw for those two figures.

Other than that point which I'm unclear on, I agree with the majority of your post. They could do, and hopefully will do, a lot more changes with this figure before it's release.
    Last edited by Rainboy; July 24, 2010 at 12:22pm.

I agree; when I saw this yesterday it also looked off to me. Not very organic and flowing in snake form like I had hoped or imagine. The snakes look out of place like they were just plopped on a human waist instead of flowing out revealing themselves. The human form is stellar, making it easy which form I'd display. If the snakes were this good, I would buy two to display.

The snake form has away been stupid idea in my eyes. It was a silly gimmick that should have improved upon in the 200x version, but wasn't. Now in the Classic line true improvement cannot be made because the line is held back by the belief that nothing new can be designed- figures must look like the vintage figure to a degree.

The best improvement they could make is to make a complete second figure with larger more articulated snakes for the $20 price point. Ideally he should have been released as a "beast pack at $30 to $40 to include all the parts need to make him impressive in both form.

In my idea world- they would scrap the existing snake torso with human legs entirely and make the second for a complete Cthulu-like snake monster. Still make him a creep bundle of snakes- but having more thought put into his anatomy.

Heroic Warrior
    Why does that mean that Rattlor and Khan WON'T have a hingeable jaw ?
    From what we've seen so far, Mattel tends to treat a problem as a whole, even though they are not always logical or consistent in the way they address it (Trap Jaw can have the hingeable jaws, but not necessarily the snakemen).

So, no hingeable jaw(s) for Hsss's snake form might mean no hingeable jaw for Rattlor or for Kobra Khan. Hell, maybe they even consider this as an "anime hyper detail", while it has nothing to do with hyper detail at all, but only with common sense...

The snake version of Hisss should have looked like this, HANDS DOWN the best version I have seen.
    ByThePowerOf.., I also like that picture of Hsss you posted ! Please note that on that pic, Hsss has 7 snake heads in all (3 to the left, central head, 3 to the right). The current snake part for MOTUC Hsss has only 5 snake heads (and for the most part, they're really slim and small). That's quite a difference too... and it also explains the "whimpy" feeling we get looking at Hsss's hydra part.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I am in FULL agreement with this thread! I made one yesterday but they merged it with my old thread. We need to find a way to get a better Hisss snake form cause this one ain't cuttin it!
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Heroic Warrior
    We need to find a way to get a better Hisss snake form cause this one ain't cuttin it!
    I began to work on it ! I asked a question about it in "what the fans want to know" !

I think this issue should also be discussed in one of the next "Roast Gooble Dinner" podcasts !

Another way to push for a better Hisss's snake part would be to bring this particular issue to other forums ! What d'ya think ?

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I began to work on it ! I asked a question about it in "what the fans want to know" !

I think this issue should also be discussed in one of the next "Roast Gooble Dinner" podcasts !

Another way to push for a better Hisss's snake part would be to bring this particular issue to other forums ! What d'ya think ?
    Awesome. That's a good idea and I'll spread the word any way I can!
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome. That's a good idea and I'll spread the word any way I can!
    Thank you very much ! Only with the help of many fans, here and on other forums, will we be able to get a decent "snake Hsss part" !

Am I missing something? Didn't Scott say at the panel that the snakes would be bendable?
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

The snake form looks very generic. This is the worst sculpt the Horsemen have done for this line (sorry). Now his human form looks great and that's probably how I will always display him.

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't Scott say at the panel that the snakes would be bendable?
    Yep, but that "bendable" stuff is sure a terrible option (fragile, not durable). Plus, the snakes heads still don't have any hingeable jaws, there are only 5 snake heads, the snakes are very thin, and the whole snake part looks sadly whimpy and disappointing...

Now his human form looks great and that's probably how I will always display him.
    Don't give up about a possible change regarding Hsss's snake part, eurorko ! There are still 8 entire months before Hsss is released ! That should leave enough time for Mattel and the 4 Horsemen to work on King Hsss's hydra/snake part !

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I am so pleased with Hiss human look that i am more than willing to buy several, no matter what. I dont think rhe figure was rushed, it looks ace, sculpting is gteat and you get all possible "human" articulations. Of course the snake bit is not perfet, but i suppose making everyone happy is, if not impossible, only feasible when you have a higher budget. This is, that's true, a colector line, but its not very elite. Some of the suggestions for the snake form sounds good, but i am afraid tooling costs would make the figure fit in the large beastie cathegory rather than regular figures. Just my two cents.

I agree 100%. The Snake form looks so amatuer and wasnt professionally done. It doesn't need fixes, it needs a new snake form sculpt.
    The Human form on the other hand looks so good. I hope they listen and start making changes quickly.

I like the snake arms etc it's the main snake head and body Idislike, it's too short and the face doesn't look as good as the faces on the arms. I know the horsemen have itin them to knock it out of the park, I wonder what's preventing them from doing that with the main snake for King hiss?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    The human form is OUTSTANDING!! I love the smirk and the textures and the articulation is what we've come to expect. The weapons were fantastic and detailed.

The Snake form was a bit of a let down. I mean it's what the vintage version was and I don't mind the sculpt but I do wish there was articulation. I do hope this is just a case of prototype figure syndrom and that the final will have SOME articulation. It would be even better if it was possible to make the snakes bendy. The main body doesn't need to be but the extra snakes would be cool to pose them in menacing ways. :-)

I think in this case they have 8 mths to re-think the top half of a figure (essentially a pack in acessory) to come up with a larger, more intimidating and dynamic design.

Also from the photos I have seen the snake body is not even flush with the bottom half of the body.

If it means it costs more then so be it - I'm willing to stump up an extra $10 for a 'complete' version of an important figure.

Heroic Warrior
    It would be even better if it was possible to make the snakes bendy.
    It has been stated several times above in this thread that the snakes will actually be "bendable", which is a very poor option in my humble opinion. Bendable items break easily when you use them too often, where a real articulation works wonders again and again (IF the articulation is tight and a quality one, of course).

Hingeable jaws would improve the figure greatly too, I think.

I think in this case they have 8 mths to re-think the top half of a figure (essentially a pack in acessory) to come up with a larger, more intimidating and dynamic design.
    Exactly ! What we saw was just a prototype anyway, but it's better to let our claims known right now. In 2 months, it will be too late (since they say they cannot make serious changes in a 6 months limit)...
    Last edited by Spectror; July 24, 2010 at 01:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Even if there is time, I'm not sure they'll do anything.

However, that said, I agree, Hsss's snake form is absolutely pathetic. Tiny snake bits, unarticulated jaws (along with no real articulation; bendy does not cut it), too few heads, and one other thing I haven't seen mentioned.

I really dislike his rabbit teeth. They are far too close together and seated too far forward in his mouth. Those aren't fangs, those are bunny teeth.

When I was a wee lad, I had that poster from the MOTU Magazine on my wall, if Matty is going to give us a seperate torso, it should be fitting for the character, not just plain said.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    Even if there is time, I'm not sure they'll do anything.
    One thing is certain : if we don't do something, they won't change a thing, and we'll be left with that pathetic snake part !

However, that said, I agree, Hsss's snake form is absolutely pathetic. Tiny snake bits, unarticulated jaws (along with no real articulation; bendy does not cut it), too few heads
    I agree totally !

I really dislike his rabbit teeth. They are far too close together and seated too far forward in his mouth. Those aren't fangs, those are bunny teeth
    Well, at least we now know who they could reuse to make Plundor, right ?

No, seriously, you're right, Pravus Prime : snake fangs are more curved, and more spaced than that. Look at 200x Kobra Khan or General Rattlor : now, THESE had cool snake fangs... with hingeable jaws !