Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *PROTECTED* King Hsss's snake form needs to be improved urgently !

Heroic Warrior
    "What the heck !? "Bendy" arms ? You mean, with metal wires in them ? How awful is that ? This does hardly make a decent articulation ! Plus, metal wires break ! No. "Bendy snake arms" just seem another CHEAP option that will result in us spending a bunch of money for a crappy, badly articulated hydra Hsss !"

Has no one given thought to the fact that if they're doing this for Hiss, then this likely means that Squeeeze (sp?) will also likely retain his "action" feature, as this is how his arms were constructed back in the vintage figure?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Has no one given thought to the fact that if they're doing this for Hiss, then this likely means that Squeeeze (sp?) will also likely retain his "action" feature, as this is how his arms were constructed back in the vintage figure?
    Sorry, but no. Sssqueeze had no "bendable" arms as such. There was no metal wire in them. They were just a long piece of "round plastic" that had a very slight "bendable" property in itself, but you couldn't possibly have his arms remain in the same position by themselves (the only way to achieve that effect was with the help of the hands, when the hands would "clasp" on the arms).

If you own this figure, you can check. You'll see that I'm right : there's no metal wire in there, and Sssqueeze's arms were barely bendable.

Anyway, bendable stuff is fragile, and makes a sorry kind of an "articulation" (if you can even call that an articulation).

I was really looking forward to finally getting an amazing King Hiss, because of no action feature restraints. The human form looks amazing, did they say if it has an ab crunch?

I haven't had many complaints at all up until now. The snake body is just terrifying for all the wrong reasons. Major fail on this one. So disappointing for an A-list character.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post

Also from the photos I have seen the snake body is not even flush with the bottom half of the body.
    The snake torso is so out of place. It looks like when you put Orko's head on another figure (at least that looks funny). It just doesn't go with the bottom half.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    The snake version of Hisss should have looked like this, HANDS DOWN the best version I have seen.

The version shown at comic con looks slapped together and I think the large snake head is what takes away from it the most...
    ThaT IS EXACTLY WHAT i MEAN - Bigger than Heman, menacing look...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Elder Councilman
    Yes, King Hiss definitely needs a far more menacing alternate snake torso.

I also think an alternate 2002 head would work nicely, as well as the Eye of Serpos.

If they add those few things, King Hiss will be acceptable. As he is now, it looks like a rush job.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I'd like to see more snakes all coiled up, I suppose. BTW, what is meant by this being a "protected" thread? Protected from whom?
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    I'd like to see more snakes all coiled up, I suppose. BTW, what is meant by this being a "protected" thread? Protected from whom?
    Please see this thread to answer your question.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I agree for the most part.

The snake form is horrible and a new one has to be done.

I hope the join between the legs and the upper snake form will also be changed to be less sharp since it doesn’t look good as is. The snake form looks more as an old-toy of the 80’s than a MOTUC figure.

The release date for this figure can be pushed back or the price can be higher, king Hsss can be sold without his snake form and the snake form sold as an other figure… or why not a 2-pack but I don’t like the snake form at all!

About the lack of articulations, well, that’s not the main problem for me even if at least I would like to see hinged jaws.

I don't know if the final King Hsss will be different but I do hope a 200X version (Not hyper-detailed but with the 200x design) will be done down the road... It was the best version of King Hsss.

Released without a rebuild of the snake-form, I won't by 2 figures to display the snake form.

King Hsss snake form deserves more than the version presented at the Con!
    Making an updated version of the 80's figure doesn't mean repeating the same mistakes as in the 80's!

Well… Many good things were told so I quoted all those that express my opinion below:

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Second, Hsss's general hydra appearance seems a bit “off” to me. The snakes that are used as his “arms” are different from the vintage Hsss, and also from 200x Hsss. They seem to sprout directly from… his belly, which is totally odd. Hsss’s snake form seems to be very “empty”, there is a lot of air and not very many snakes !
    Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    I understand that this might be done to keep costs low. So I would suggest
    to split the figure into two. First we get this amazing human Hsss and later on we get a awesome, well articulated snake form Hsss.
    Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    Since it is a separate interchangeable piece, there doesn´t need to be a limitaion whatsoever regarding to size and bulkyness of the "disguise actionfeature". The snakes can and should be longer and bigger. There could even be more snakes, to make a nice appearance of a snake mass, as mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    The snakes look out of place like they were just plopped on a human waist instead of flowing out revealing themselves. The human form is stellar, making it easy which form I'd display. If the snakes were this good, I would buy two to display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The best improvement they could make is to make a complete second figure with larger more articulated snakes for the $20 price point. Ideally he should have been released as a "beast pack at $30 to $40 to include all the parts need to make him impressive in both form.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    The snake form looks very generic. This is the worst sculpt the Horsemen have done for this line (sorry). Now his human form looks great and that's probably how I will always display him.
    Last edited by Khror; July 24, 2010 at 05:03pm.

I have to agree (in general) - I'm not impressed with the snake/"hydra" form we've been shown. It's kind of a boring/weak-looking sculpt, which is doubly disappointing coming from the 4HM.

I am pleased the snakes will at least be bendy (as opposed to completely static), but there are durability issues there if one intends to do a lot of posing and re-posing.

Based on what we've seen so far, if nothing changes, King Hsss will be a single-purchase to be displayed solely in "human" form (which does look pretty great, actually).

I really think he should have been a "beast/multi-pack" figure - I'd love to see them push him back and do it that way so we can get something ... well, better.

UUUGHHH!!! King Hiss in snake form is TERRIBLE!!!
    please mattel delay this guy to start over on the snake form! The human form looks good, but needs a little more paint deco. (IE: the mask over his eyes needs to be a different color than the rest of his outfit.) Just my 2 coins worth.
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Attachable snakes with articulated jaws. I think this is doable.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I was/am very disappointed with King Hiss' Snake Form. A LOT. Very disappointed. I love the Human Form, but the Snake Form is crap, IMO. It looks boring, non-threatening, and should have real articulation, not bendiness.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I'm with you, totally agree with this. The Human form is awesome, perfect. But the snake form is terrible.
    I hope they can change it.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    Agree 100%, the hydra is downright terrible. Why cant a decent version of Hiss be made? I have always hated this character in figure form, and it looks like that shall continue. I am of the feeling they would have to do a second torso to make this figure great (a la J-Suns custom, which is AWESOME). Otherwise, the arms come up looking stumpy, as they did way back when.

That said, I think ALL the reveals at the SDCC were a dissappointment. The most exciting reveal, the Battle Ram, is just a spec piece. Maybe because I am not a POP fan - there seemed to be alot of happy people with the Bow figure - but this con was a big let down for me. I was excited about Grizzlor, but he came out looking goofy as well. Oh well, I am hoping the second half of 2011 brings something big.

I'm with you Spectror. Mattel can (and should) definitely do better with the Hydra articulation. If they are doing this line for us (well, in a second place after the profit) , as they say they are, they should listen to our demands and do something about Hsss.
    Let the power return!!

I'll throw my vote into this pile as well; basically, what everybody's already said, I agree with and thought to myself when I saw Hiss's snake form. I pontificated my thoughts in detail in the SDCC thread, but yeah, disappointed.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

I was hoping to see King Hisss in full snake form as a large scale beast. What they've done now is true to the vintage figure but it just looks awful.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like the center snake head...and the two long one snakes...but the short ones I do not like.

I wish he looked like the cover of the magazine that ByThePower posted.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I don't need a jaw that works since so far only Trap Jaw's had one but I think the two 'arm' snakes should have a point or two of articulation for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like the center snake head...and the two long one snakes...but the short ones I do not like.

I wish he looked like the cover of the magazine that ByThePower posted.

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1279926132.jpg
    UGH! The more I see the Snake Form of Hiss, the more I HATE it. It's really disappointing for me. I really dislike it. I think if the snake arms had 2-3 points of articulation and the main snake head had a ball-jointed head and hinged jaw, I would have liked it a lot more and been a-okay with it.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Are we sure his jaw doesn't open and close?

Anyway, I edited some pictures of King Hiss from that magazine to show what I would like to see his snake form designed like:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

As has been mentioned, the fangs on the central snake-head are indeed too close together. The central head does need a hinged jaw and ball-joint articulation so the head is not static would be best.

Or is Mattel saying the central snake is bendy also???

The second image posted by Darkspecter above (the first cartoony image) gives an idea of how the snakes forming the torso should be wrapped in a mass together as opposed to the SDCC image where the snakes just stick up straight from the waist.

I should note how fantastic and detailed the snakes look when considered individually as sculpted by the 4H but put together as a package as the snake form of King Hiss the whole thing is a fail.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I have to agree too that the Snake form seems to be a bit lacking. I love love the Human for though but I would like to see a better worked Snake Form.

Spectror I agree with you on this, the human form is ok, but the serpent body is really badly designed. Even though TG said that the "arms" will be bendable the overall figure is ugly looking, not menacing. I would say it's comical, childish. The proportions between the central head and the other appendices seem wrong. I think that a more natural looking sculp like the one portrayed in the Norem painting would have been much more desiderable.

I hope TG reads this post and hopefully will intervene, even though I don't really think it will happen.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the human form reminds me of king cobra from hotspur, still not sold on the vintage head. as for the snakes can't really say i was expecting much, the fact its "bendy" means it can be posed its just a little too small for my tastes
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!