Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dang! We didn't see _____ at SDCC 2010"

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar

"Dang! We didn't see _____ at SDCC 2010"

Okay, I was really happy with all of the SDCC reveals, but, what were you most disappointed about not seeing at SDCC this year?

Other than the Sorceress, I saw everything I hoped for. You?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Kobra Khan and Mekaneck. But I do have to say everything they showed is incredible.

Dang, we didn't get Spikor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Man E Faces, Horde Trooper, Spikor, and was hoping for a surprise like a comet warrior or POG Dinosaur!

Dang, I wanted Horde Troopers. I'm still happy though, some of the stuff we've been shown is amazing. Hats off to Mattel for a job well done.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    I was waiting for Catra & The Sorceress, but Bow made me happy enough to live with it for now.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    First off I want to say I'm SO pleased with everything that was revealed. Mattel and the 4H did a wonderful job and I can't wait to start getting those figures!!

I was hoping to see Soreceress the most but kind of thought that would be a pipe dream. The characters I was surprised at not seeing are:

Catra - for some reason I really thought she would make an appearance by years end
    Stinkor - all the pieces and parts are there except for his armor
    NA Figure - I thought we were going to see 2 in 2010

That was about it. I had a feeling we'd get Palace Guards before Horde Troopers. I also thought we'd see Kobra Khan before King Hiss but I'm not complaining!! :-)

Well we didn't get Sy-Klone and/or Two Bad. Kinda expected it, so I'm not sad. SDCC reveals are insanely awesome.
    Last edited by kk2; July 24, 2010 at 02:52pm.

Yeah I was really hoping for Spikor and Fisto.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

No Catra was a bit of a let down.

I was also hoping to see at least one Snake Man, and I thought we'd get Kobra Khan first, but instead we're getting King Hiss - which is even better!

Stinkor, Spikor, Slushead and Horde Troopers would have made me happy. What we got was pretty cool though. Looking at what we got I imagine a NA character will be the next one announced.

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to say, that if they are NOT going to release Sorceress this year...

PLEASE STOP SHOWING HER FALCON!!!

That's two years in a row they've gotten my hopes up by putting the wrong bird in the display case

Catra!!! I really thought she was going to be there. You can add Marlena to the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Catra!!! I really thought she was going to be there. You can add Marlena to the list as well.
    I was really hoping for Catra and Marlena (any female really). It's going to be a long time without any women.

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    man e faces!!!!

Man-E-Faces and Horde Trooper(s). Spikor is my top want, but I wasn't expecting him.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    While I was happy with what was shown, I would have liked to see at least one new female character and a big surprise. Mattel kept hinting at really big surprises - I figured we would see a rock warrior, ram-man, gwildor - something along those lines that would require all-new tooling.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Catra is a biggie for me- but more to the point, a lack of female figures. I honestly expected to see two, so very disappointed not to see any. I wonder if the bobblehead issue is solely responsible...

Also, I was hoping for some sort of announcement about Filmation characters. With She-Ra being rereleased on DVD in late September, I felt they could have capitalised a little more on this- it seemed a perfect opportunity to shout about the sets and perhaps release Shadow Weaver (also in time for Halloween). I feel any announcement about cartoon-only characters from the 80s is at least another year away. SDCC is really the perfect platform for an announcement like this.

I just hope Classic Media's presence at this con means the two are at least talking...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Female characters!

Heroic Warrior
    Dang ! We didn't see many of the fans favorites : Sorceress, Queen Marlena, Catra, Spikor, Man-E-Faces, Ram-Man... Nor did we get our fav' army builders : the Horde Troopers !

Dang ! We still didn't get any good news from the Filmation front.

Dang ! We still don't know what Mattel plans to do to improve the quality of MOTUC figures (not much , I guess).

Other than that, I guess it was cool.

i was hoping they'd show at least one of these:
    mekaneck
    ram man
    man-e-faces
    stinkor

Spikor of course, and I would have love to see fisto maybe.
    bnl4life

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    no clawful, sorceress, spikor, man e faces, ramman, Two-bad, Stinkor, nor have we seen Oo-larr who i thought for sure would have been the sub exclusive....

Vikor looks better than I thought, and not sure what to make of the 'disguised' He-man.... why would the most powerful man in the universe need a disguise? but then again I'm not familiar with the older minicomics.

king hisss is cool, except for his very underwhelming snake form. They could have done that much much better imo..... Buzz-off still looks silly with the vintage head, i was really hoping he'd have the 200x head included which imo looks 1000x better. with that helmet on, he looks like willy wonka... i like that he has the extra bug limbs, but i'm not fond of the bionic looking wings.

bow looks great, as does Roboto. Shadow Beast!!!!!!!!!!! at last, someone for Beast man to boss around.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I was thinking they were gonna show Catra or some other female.

Heroic Warrior
    Seriously, everything looks so awesome, and I didn't really expect to see him, but I'm a little disappointed there was no Clawful.