Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dang! We didn't see _____ at SDCC 2010"

I dunno why, but I was really expecting to see Kobra Kahn. I suppose I was expecting a Snake Man no matter what, though, and we did get King Hiss. I guess I just thought they wouldn't do the King so soon. I was also sorta expecting Man-E-Faces or Mekaneck too, though I'm not really lamenting thier exclusion.

All in all, I'm pretty dang impressed with what we got! I mean, ROBOTO! For me, at least. Roboto blows me away. And the real kicker: Bow is using NA He-Man parts! That's just freakin' awesome.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I was hoping they were going to show all the way through May so we could get a glimps of the Faceless One- but that was a pipe dream.

Disapointed in no female figures at all. We are beyond the one we know for certain what they are going to look like- I was eager to to see 4H interpertations of the POP girls.

man e faces! ok, and maybe stinkor or spikor!

My wish was to see Clawful, Buzz Off, Sy Clone, Fisto and Stinkor. I got 1 wish.
    :/

dangit we didn't get Man-E-Faces!!! oh well Roboto is was much better then expected using his vintage design.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    Okay, I was really happy with all of the SDCC reveals, but, what were you most disappointed about not seeing at SDCC this year?

Other than the Sorceress, I saw everything I hoped for. You?

Disco skeletor & Battle Armor Dan

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would have loved to see Mosquitor in the mix, but with the news of Grizzlor I knew that was not in cards yet. I was kind of hoping to see Kobra Khan before King Hiss, but Hiss looks pretty great!!

I was pretty satisfied overall with what was shown.

However, I was hoping we'd see Spikor, Stinkor, Catra, or Fisto.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Just showing one female figure would've made me happy. I'm ok with the lineup they showed us, but that was very disappointing since I was certain we would see Catra or Marlena.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Was hoping for Ram Man, but didn't expect to see him. Thought it was a good chance we'd see Man-E, but we didn't. My other most-wanted was Sorceress. My fourth most-wanted is Buzz-Off so at least we got him. Glad we're getting Grizzlor, Roboto, King Hiss, and BA Skeletor. Undecided on the Palace Guards. Could care less about King Grayskull, Bow, Vikor, and the subscription figure. HELL YES to the Battle Ram and Greyskull weapons rack!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Catra for sure. Even more disappointing is that we won't see a female for a year, unless April's is female.

Catra, Man E Faces, An NA figure.

I like the figures shown..but other than the palace guards I don't feel there was a real "wow" factor.

I'm really looking forward to:
    Man-e-faces
    Mekaneck
    Stinkor
    Sorceress
    Ram-man
    Modulok
    etc.

But really, I like that they're saving those guys for later, it keeps me excited for what's next.

Kobra Kahn
    Spikor
    Horde Troopers
    Stinkor
    Or more villains in general. I like my MOTU bad guys.
    END OF LINE

Fisto and Stridor 2-Pack!!!
    Where's my boy Sy-Clone????

I was hoping to see Panthor, Leech, or Rattlor. I would have liked to see Two-Badd, but I figured that was a wicked long shot. Same goes for NA He-Man.

However, the Vikor and Eternian Guards make up for missing out on anything I was hoping to see that didn't make an appearance. All of the reveals do, for the most part. SDCC was just packed with awesome MOTUC stuff.

Clawful
    Fisto
    Mekaneck
    Man-e-faces
    Ramman
    Stinkor
    Spikor

I mean sure, that's my personal wish list, but I don't think I'm in the minority wanting these characters.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Ramman and Man-E-Faces.

I really felt they were coming out this year. Oh well, It's still a good lineup.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Missed Catra a lot .... also Man-E-Faces

Heroic Warrior
    Stinkor & Catra. But seeing King Hsss made the other 2 not being there ok...now if March would hurry up and get here lol

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Ramman and Man-E-Faces.

I really felt they were coming out this year. Oh well, It's still a good lineup.
    it's been revealed through March...they could still come out only other 1 we know of is Faceless One for May
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While there are characters that I want/hope to get at some time, I can't say that I had any specific expectations surrounding the SDCC announcements. So, I am really not disappointed in that sense.

About the only that I was kind of hoping for was that the 2-pack would be Horde Troopers. But, I figured that if it wasn't them, it would end up being the palace guards that we are getting, and I'm pretty happy with those. I can understand why Mattel would want to hold off and release the trooper 2-packs at a later time.

I know a lot of people were hoping to see Cat-Ra (and I want to get her as well), but while no female figures were revealed, there was a new POP figure revealed with Bow, and they did an outstanding job on him, so I really can't complain about that.

My only real disappointment is in the (IMO) pretty crappy excuse for a subscription exclusive figure. But this is still a different kind of disappointment, because it's not based on a specific expectation not being fulfilled, but rather me just not liking this figure at all based on what it is.

Frankly I just tried to avoid building up and specific expectations as to which figures would be announced. It helps avoid being extremely disappointed when that expectation isn't fullfilled. Frankly I wonder what basis anyone had for expecting any particular character. Every time I see someone posting something like, "I was SO sure we would see (insert character name here)!", I'm reading it thinking "... what basis did you even have for that expectation?"

Yes, there are some characters that if they had been announced, I'd be even more excited for the next few months than I already am, but I wasn't specifically banking on those specific characters being revealed, so I have no reason to be disappointed in that respect.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

was hoping for stinkor and fisto. but i like what we got. can't go wrong with MOTU really. all the characters are cool one way or the other.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    .....Ram-Man!!!

Seriously, I was figuring we would see him by now. I am totally stoked by everything that was revealed, but no Ram Man was really upsetting to me.

Maybe we will get him by 3rd quarter 2011??
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Catra and Queen Marlena

I was really expecting to see these two ladies! So sad they didn't make the cut.

Also, I was hoping for but not expecting Dragon Blaster Skeletor ... but of course they played it safe with BA Skelly.

Otherwise, I was anticipating seeing Palace Guards, Buzz-Off, BA Skeletor and Roboto, and Mattel sure didn't let me down with these.

But sadly, the biggest "Dang it" of all goes to the fact we didn't get a really cool snake version of King Hiss !!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

1. Spirit Of Grayskull
    2. Life size Sword Of Power
    3. A He-Man with a hand that can hold his Sword over his head
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.