Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Dang! We didn't see _____ at SDCC 2010"

Elder Councilman
    any 2002 inspiration in either Roboto or King Hiss...

....the 2002 head for Buzz Off...
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Until I see Clawful or Khan I will be a sad panda...

i'm super happy that buzz off and roboto are coming... but clawful as well would have caused me to pass out (everything coming out until the end of 2010 is freaking awesome, apart from chief carnivus).

I had mixed feelings when i saw the list before the reveal (and was a bit nervous at how Roboto would turn out) and wasn't sure what to make of Bow & Vikor. After all was revealed, i can honestly say those feelings were laid to rest and i'm quite content and happy but like most i really thought we'd see a female figure (namely Catra or Marlena). Other than these two ladies, i actually thought we'd see Rattlor and Jitsu... ah well, next time

a female figure.... I was hoping to see Marlena or Catra (in my dreams I really wanted Spinnerella) . However like most people I am pleased with what was revealed at SDCC.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Overall, I am satisfied what we are getting.

However, Man-E-Faces and Ram-Man can't come soon enough.

I was disappointed that the army builder 2 pack was not Horde Troopers, but Eternian Palace Guards are my second choice and they were executed well.

The biggest disappointment for me was Vikor, then getting Pre-Eternian disguise He-man the next month. I consider Vikor a He-Man variant (concept He-man in a sense) and he would make better as an SDCC exclusive. I would rather have Eldor in the subscription than Vikor.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Fisto, Man E Faces, and Snout Spout.

Rock Warriors or Movie Figures
    A Galactic Protector (the only group not to have representation yet)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    It's time for more of the later figures from the vintage Toyline. Where are all of the wave 5/wave 6 figures? So far we only got

King Randor
    King Hsss
    Scareglow

Where are all the others?

I can wait for the first waves-figures, most of them we saw 2 releases of already... but why no love for the later figures, only because of the tooling?

Hey, they recycled Keldor's boots and Hordak's gloves for King Hsss...

Heroic Warrior
    I really like the characters that are coming. I'm really glad we're seeing BA Skeletor,

Dang, we didn't see any NA figures, Ram-Man, Man-E-Faces, Frosta, Sorceress, Catra, Snout Spout, Tung Lashor ... erm. all of em. Still no filmation - personaly I don't think it will happen now.

For the first time a version of King Hsss actually like. I never liked the original nor the 200x version (though I like his look in the 200x toon). Finally a King Hsss that looks cool IMO.

I would like to have seen more females mixed in. And dang, no panthor.

I'm hoping that next year they don't have the all in one subs as I would never be able to afford the existing sun plus vehicles.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I'm gonna have to say dang, we didn't get Catra & Stinkor, & for the good guys, Mekanek & Man-E-Faces.
    Last edited by Lewd_Squirrel; July 25, 2010 at 06:31pm.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    any 2002 inspiration in either Roboto or King Hiss...

....the 2002 head for Buzz Off...
    Yeah, I have to admit the 200x fans got shafted on 200x elements on these figures, which are highly vintage stylings - which I am happy with.

I am most shocked that Mattel didn't reuse Carnivus's waist piece for King Hiss! The belt emblem resembles a snake more than a feline.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Horde troopers, and Stinkor.

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    Overall I am kind of bummed we didn't get Man-E-Faces, Mekaneck or Ram Man. However I understand mattel wants to space out the fan favorites. All the figures shown were awesome so I can't complain. I'm really digging on Vikor, very nice sculpt.
    Mike Scabs

I think Roboto and Buzzy looked just like I thought they would. So, no surprises. I love Bow, however Peekablue is my all time fav vintage POP toy. Doubt I see her anytime soon.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    Dang, I wanted Horde Troopers. I'm still happy though, some of the stuff we've been shown is amazing. Hats off to Mattel for a job well done.
    Yeah, as much as I love the Royal Guards, I would have prefered the Horde Troopers.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Rock Warriors or Movie Figures
    A Galactic Protector (the only group not to have representation yet)
    This is a very good observation. I felt a distinct lack of NA anything going on at SDCC. I really hope 3rd and 4th quarters 2011 load up on some long overdue New Adventures figures. MOTUC are off to a great start with Optikk, let's keep it up!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Dang, we didn't get Spikor!!
    This! For the Eight billionth time Vikor before Spikor? Come on'!

That said I did dig everything (including Vikor) but it's been a long time coming for ol' Spikor. For some reason I was thinking they were gonna surprise us with Ram Man to try and boost subscriptions, but I was wrong.

There are still A LOT of figures I am anxious for, but I thought it was a nice group. I feel a bit for the NA fans and female figure fans though since they got no love.

BOOOOTAY!!

;(

We didn't see any ladies.

Catra
    Marlena
    Sweet Bee

all Trademarked for a while now, and none shown ;(
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Now that I've had some more distance, I realize I wanted to see another He-man and Skeletor variant. I know BA Skeletor is coming which was an easy guess. But I was hoping to see NA He-man or maybe Thunder Punch He-man. I know some people despise variants, but I like them and it does fit the He-man mythos that he has different armors and weapons.

I'm hoping we'll see more later on in the months ahead.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

...New Movie news

Personally I was happy with what was shown especially King Hsss and Vikor which I was surprised that I realley like.

I was hoping something more solid or official was released about the movie but I can live without that for now

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    So far, I'm happy with what was shown. Was hoping for Meka but these will do. I'm glad we're getting more Heroic Warriors before the years end and a member of the Great rebellion to start the next year.

Love King Hiss. Hoping to have a bigger Hydra form but that one will do. Sure hoping the the snake mouths we're movable.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Even though Sorceress is my favorite character, I'm at peace with the fact that we're not seeing her for a while. Not seeing Catra at the con was VERY disappointing.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Dang! We didn't get Smash Blade He-Man!

I would've traded the Buzz-Off and Vikor reveals for something like Lodar, Geldor, Catra, Queen Marlena and/or the Sorceress.

I will say this, the way Mo-Larr, Prince Adam and now supposedly POG He-Man have non-removable clothes/vests give me an idea of how Ram Man's going to be approached.

Oh yeah, and "Dang! We didn't get a Ram Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    We didn't get Ramman!