View Poll Results: Should Mattel make the BATTLE RAM? (4H Prototype)

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, They should make BATTLE RAM!

329 89.40%
  • Yes, but only the sky sled

21 5.71%
  • No, I don't want it

18 4.89%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should Mattel make the BATTLE RAM? (4H Prototype)

I'm surprised, since Mattel is able to keep this line going in large part with how much is shared amongst the different toys, they didn't release the Battle Ram(or at least the sky sled) first. They would have had an automatic repaint...

...which the Wind Raider would not(at least not one based in MOTU history).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Yes they should make it, since they've made the friggin prototype. And then Land Shark. Unfortunately it could be a while before we see more vehicles.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm surprised, since Mattel is able to keep this line going in large part with how much is shared amongst the different toys, they didn't release the Battle Ram(or at least the sky sled) first. They would have had an automatic repaint...

...which the Wind Raider would not(at least not one based in MOTU history).
    I don't remember if they ever said it in the show, but I remember hearing SKELETOR's green ones called War Sleds. I'd love for them to do both. And they should definitely release just the Sleds first, because I (and many others) would buy three Sky Sleds and three War Sleds. By releasing the full version second (but announcing it before the Sleds go on sale), it would get people to "army build" those, as well as hitting many customers who wouldn't buy the full version due to space issues. They could even do a repaint of the main body to match the War Sleds and release the full version as SKELETOR's War Wagon or something. I'd buy one.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Battle Ram & Attak Trak, but no vehicles for a while sucks, I didn't want or need the Wind Raider....but those two I would buy.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Do it!!!!!

of course. Supprised there are any "No"

A piece of art like this should not be denied to us, wait a while.... but RELEASE THE RAM!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    A piece of art like this should not be denied to us, wait a while.... but RELEASE THE RAM!!!
    I agree! I really think the BattleRam vehicle should be made.

More threads online talk about this than desire for other vehicles. It should OBVIOUSLY tell Mattel or Toy Guru that there is a MUCH larger fanbase interested in this vehicle than the wind raider.

Even as a KID! I was only so-so interested in the wind raider, what I wanted was multiple skysleds for my figures to have skybattles with!

The Villains don't have a vehicle yet, so, with the Filmation licence, it could be cogent to do green and blue Battle-Rams, released, in total, in the same quantity one run of RAMS would be, with the choice of evil snake-head Battle Rams or blue Gryphon/ram-headed vehicles for the heroic side.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like the sky sled...and the head thing should be a separate piece, so they can make the serpent-looking head for the villain's sled (it has fangs like a snake.

Do you think it would be smarter for Mattel to release these two individually, or as a two-pack? If they do a two-pack, people can buy lots of these up for villains and heroes at the same time and it keeps costs down for Mattel, because all the packaging and materials are done in ONE production run instead of two. Also, if they ever want to re-issue it, they get two-in-one again.

I think getting these TWO in one pack, would be cheaper than ONE full Battle Ram...and I would honestly be more interested in getting these two.

They could also make a clip-in "girder" beam for each sled, so they could carry multiple figures. I know you guys joked about the pic I posted below, but what if He-Man saves an unconscious person? They need to lay draped over the extended part. He can't carry a person AND fly a sled! I think it would be cool. 2 sleds, a different creature head (to differentiate the heroes' and the villain's sleds, like in the toon) and two extendable girder pieces that attach at the back.

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 1, 2012 at 06:11am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Of course they should make the Battle Ram! It should have been the first MOTUC vehicle to start with.

And I agree with Darkspecter in that the "head" part should be a separate piece, so that the Sky Sled and War Sled can share the "body" part while each having their own distinct "head". And the additional piece to make the seat extendable, so that it can fit several figures, would rock.

OTOH, I think they might sell more if the Sky Sled and War Sled are sold individually and separately, because some people may want just one Sky Sled and be put off by the higher price of a 2-pack. Regardless, they should release the full Battle Ram as well (and possibly the full Evil "War Wagon", i.e. greenish Battle Ram with War Sled).

Many people want just one or two full Battle Rams, but they want an army of Sky Sleds and War Sleds; and many others just want the Sky Sleds. Mattel should take note of this (for once) and adjust the production quotas of each accordingly to meet their real demand quantities. That is, make loads and loads of Sky Sleds, and somewhat less but still many War Sleds; and then notably fewer quantities of the full Battle Ram (and fewer yet of the War Wagon). They shouldn't make loads and loads of full Battle Rams and expect them to be a 5-minute sell-out so as to recover the tooling costs. Individual Sky Sleds, on the other hand, will sell like hotcakes, and the large profit reaped from them is what would compensate for the tooling of the full vehicle.

Just revisiting this thread again and crying my eyes out at the thought of never getting this.

Thinking about the evil repaint of these with the dingy green and the snake head (I can't believe how many times I've watched episodes with the War Sleds, and never noticed the different head 'til it was pointed out in this thread!), another element that they'd have some freedom to play around with to add further differentiation from the heroic versions, is the color scheme of the 'decals.' The Filmation version makes no distinction as both have solid yellowish panels, making them look like Woodys:

But those didn't look at all like the decals on the original toy, and since the Horsemen's version has sculpted 'decals,' they could at least have the evil version painted differently. On the heroic one there's a green alligator (don't try to tell me it's a dragon) with a red background, so I say the evil one should be a red gator on a yellow background, or something like that. What do you think?

P.S.: While I'm thinking about it, the villains have a snake hood ornament on theirs, but what the Hell is the head on the heroic one? I used to think it was some kind of bird (which sort of made sense, since it's a flying vehicle), but it's got frickin' ears! A dragon would make sense too, but the beak looks more like a snapping turtle or something... but it's still got ears! So is it some Eternian beastie that we've just never seen or what!?
    Last edited by Vahn; August 12, 2012 at 05:32am.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Snappy Threader
    Heck yes. Very much so they should make it. And the Talon Fighter too.....

Yeah, I think that Battle Ram is a must for MOTUC. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets made at some point down the road. *fingers crossed*
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes!!!

Blue Battle Ram and single pack blue and green Sky Sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Just revisiting this thread again and crying my eyes out at the thought of never getting this.

Thinking about the evil repaint of these with the dingy green and the snake head (I can't believe how many times I've watched episodes with the War Sleds, and never noticed the different head 'til it was pointed out in this thread!), another element that they'd have some freedom to play around with to add further differentiation from the heroic versions, is the color scheme of the 'decals.' The Filmation version makes no distinction as both have solid yellowish panels, making them look like Woodys:

But those didn't look at all like the decals on the original toy, and since the Horsemen's version has sculpted 'decals,' they could at least have the evil version painted differently. On the heroic one there's a green alligator (don't try to tell me it's a dragon) with a red background, so I say the evil one should be a red gator on a yellow background, or something like that. What do you think?

P.S.: While I'm thinking about it, the villains have a snake hood ornament on theirs, but what the Hell is the head on the heroic one? I used to think it was some kind of bird (which sort of made sense, since it's a flying vehicle), but it's got frickin' ears! A dragon would make sense too, but the beak looks more like a snapping turtle or something... but it's still got ears! So is it some Eternian beastie that we've just never seen or what!?
    It could be a gryphon or gargole in which case anything goes as far as beak/ears/neck spines.

Hoping that we will still get this piece. The Battle Ram's versatility as a ramming tank that separates into an ariel attack and siege weapon made it my favorite motu vehicle as a kid.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It was the first vehicle in the line, so it would make sense to get it in the line! It should come with 3 red missiles as well, 1 loaded and 2 in waiting. The 4H did a real bad arse job on it, with so much detail, it's hard to take your eye off it!

I want the BattleRam SO bad!!! I am praying that this preorder with Castle Grayskull goes off without a hitch and we will get preorders for variosu other MOTUC playsets and vehicles after this!

I know I would buy them all!

Ditto what the man above me said

whats the deal with this it was shown SDCC 10 and no word since ? hell if the wheren't gona do the full ram maybe a war sled/ sky sled two pack would be sweet

I will flip my lid if they don't make this thing of beauty.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I like the idea of selling the Battle Ram whole (with Sky Sled), but also sell the Sky Sled and War Sled as seperate pieces as well. I bet the Sky Sleds would come with a display stand like the Wind Raider, so it can be displayed in "flight."

IF Castle Grayskull goes through, maybe Matty can do a pre-order thingie for the Battle Ram. With it being cheaper than Grayskull, I'm sure it would go through.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I like the idea of selling the Battle Ram whole (with Sky Sled), but also sell the Sky Sled and War Sled as seperate pieces as well. I bet the Sky Sleds would come with a display stand like the Wind Raider, so it can be displayed in "flight."
    I also think this would be the best way to go and allow for optimal reuse of parts.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The reptile and mammal heads on the sleds could be variants a la Filmation.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Ah, is there the need to ask such a question?
    I'd buy that, a Wind Rider, Monstroid, Spydor, Mantisaur, the Road Ripper, etc. etc. etc.
    +1000

Also, Dragon Walker!